• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MvC4

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, at least there is one thing that we know for sure. The leaked roster list from earlier is most likely to be incomplete since Haggar was not listed and it is highly likely that Dormammu is likely to be in the game courtesy of one of the special MvC:I variant comic covers. Haggar and Dormammu were both within that .zip file leak.

Characters that have yet to be shown:

Marvel:
Ant-Man, Ghost Rider, Venom, Winter Soldier.

CAPCOM:
Monster Hunter, Firebrand.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I just watched a video with X in it and his theme is a remix of Central Highway from X1, which I'm happy about.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, at least there is one thing that we know for sure. The leaked roster list from earlier is most likely to be incomplete since Haggar was not listed and it is highly likely that Dormammu is likely to be in the game courtesy of one of the special MvC:I variant comic covers. Haggar and Dormammu were both within that .zip file leak.

Characters that have yet to be shown:

Marvel:
Ant-Man, Ghost Rider, Venom, Winter Soldier.

CAPCOM:
Monster Hunter, Firebrand.
Haggar was included in the list of datamined content that was posted a page or so back if I recall.

The roster could use improvement but I hope they release content post-release. I like a lot of the additions but feel there are tons of missed chances. I'm really liking Gamora though. Still, a bit sore about lack of Star-lord though. Was hoping he could use that gravity bomb thing. One thing I'm not liking is the lack of comedy. MvC3 had tons of it but this just seems so bland. Conversations and such were the highlight of the game for me (especially Doom's lines) but these feel so forced. L

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Haggar was included in the list of datamined content that was posted a page or so back if I recall.

The roster could use improvement but I hope they release content post-release. I like a lot of the additions but feel there are tons of missed chances. I'm really liking Gamora though. Still, a bit sore about lack of Star-lord though. Was hoping he could use that gravity bomb thing. One thing I'm not liking is the lack of comedy. MvC3 had tons of it but this just seems so bland. Conversations and such were the highlight of the game for me (especially Doom's lines) but these feel so forced. L
The demo made me laugh twice: once when Iron Man called Arthur "Lancealittle" and when Chris shot Sigtron. We'll probably get more humor when the game is actually, you know, finished. There is potential for some really good jokes now that we actually get to see just what the Capcom/Marvel world looks like.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
During Evo, I played so many matches of Marvel Infinite. The game's so much fun. I went from losing all interest after the PS4 demo to just wanting more and more after Evo.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
1. Haggar was included in the list of datamined content that was posted a page or so back if I recall.

2. The roster could use improvement but I hope they release content post-release. I like a lot of the additions but feel there are tons of missed chances. I'm really liking Gamora though. Still, a bit sore about lack of Star-lord though.
1. That is correct. The leaked roster on NeoGAF did not have Haggar on its list but was featured within the .zip/data leak.
2. Well, there is still another 4 more new characters within the 2017 pass that have yet to be unveiled. I am still hopeful that Capcom will continue to provide ongoing support for the game and maybe my main, Phoenix Wright will be a part of this.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I just really hope the game does good. I don't know if it will do, but if it does then it will benefit everyone involved.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Personally, the gameplay does look pretty good, despite having some reservations on the roster.

My only concern is the way Capcom is handling with the marketing and hype. The game is due out over a month's time, so hopefully they will show something big within Gamescom or PAX West this month.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So with the release of Black Widow, Winter Soldier, and Venom - what else is there? Sure there are costumes and such. There’s so much potential to be had but it’s sadly being wasted.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
RIP MvC Infinite

Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first year for a MvC game to not be featured at Evo since the series started. If this is not the final nail in this game's coffin I don't know what is.

Hopefully this is a wakeup call for Capcom to stop rushing their games.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I laughed at this. As much as I didn’t want to, MvCI is literally a dead fish. I had supported and cheered it on; even with all the criticism against the roster, graphics, and everything else.

But Capcom and Marvel had one job to do and they shot themselves in the foot. It could possibly bounce back but this game pales in comparison to the games that came before it right now. Plus, the damage has been done. Even if they release a ton of DLC characters plus the X Men... who knows if the game can regain its former glory.

Perhaps Capcom should just focus on SF from now on.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I apologuxe did the double post but I wasn’t waiting for someone else to post.

I think that a lot of misgivings to the game ties in with the underwhelming roster. I understand on Capcom’s side that it’s hard to include new characters as they have a lesser library of characters. Plus, many of them have already appeared in previous versus titles. However, even with all the problems that MvC was, a solid and interesting roster would of helped. I hope Capcom can really kick it up and bring out the full potential of the game in dlc content.

That being said, I think we wouldn’t of been in this predictament if we had a roster like this:

1. • Strider
  2. • Arthur
  3. • Spencer
  4. • Zero
  5. • Mega Man X
  6. • Jedah
  7. • Chris Redfield
  8. • Dante
  9. • Ryu
  10. • Chun-Li
  11. • Morrigan
  12. • Frank West
  13. • Haggar
  14. • Nemesis
  15. • Firebrand
  16. Sigma
  17. Monster Hunter
  18. Necali/Rashid/Laura
  19. Hayato
  20. Nobunaga
  21. Felicia
  22. Captain Commando
  23. King Leo
  24. Asura
  1. Rocket Raccoon
  2. • Dr. Strange
  3. • Hawkeye
  4. • Gamora
  5. • Ultron
  6. • Captain America
  7. • Iron Man
  8. • Thanos
  9. • Nova
  10. • Hulk
  11. • Captain Marvel
  12. • Thor
  13. • Spider-Man
  14. • Dormammu
  15. • Ghost Rider
  16. Black Panther
  17. Black Widow
  18. Venom
  19. Winter Soldier
  20. Ant-man
  21. Vision
  22. Scarlet Witch
  23. Loki
  24. Daredevil
Sorry for the format issues but I did this at the mall with a 5 month old strapped to my chest haha

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Even without the X-men characters, there was so much potential with the characters featured in the MCU (I would kill to have Loki in a MvC game). Also I have no idea why they didn't include Rashid or Laura as a way to promote SFV.

I hope Capcom can really kick it up and bring out the full potential of the game in dlc content.
Sadly I think this game is beyond repair. SFV still has a bad taste in many people's mouths even after the Arcade Edition release, so I doubt a major overall would help Infinite. They could release Deadpool, Wolverine, and the rest of the X-Men but it wouldn't change much. There might be a small spike in players for a month or two but then it'd quickly die down. The only way I can see Capcom saving Infinite is if they made it F2P, though even that probably wouldn't work (see Battleborn).

With the lack of interest people have with Infinite and the fact that it's the butt of so many jokes, I honestly think it would be best to just abandon the game since it's a sinking ship that even Marvel won't touch. If they ever release MvC4, they better announce the most wanted characters and show off the best visuals/gameplay ASAP, since the lack of X-Men and crappy character models is what killed all the hype for Infinite. If all goes well and Capcom fixes their crappy PR, people will be excited for MvC again and Marvel will provide more fundings/promotions for the game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Even without the X-men characters, there was so much potential with the characters featured in the MCU (I would kill to have Loki in a MvC game). Also I have no idea why they didn't include Rashid or Laura as a way to promote SFV.

Sadly I think this game is beyond repair. SFV still has a bad taste in many people's mouths even after the Arcade Edition release, so I doubt a major overall would help Infinite. They could release Deadpool, Wolverine, and the rest of the X-Men but it wouldn't change much. There might be a small spike in players for a month or two but then it'd quickly die down. The only way I can see Capcom saving Infinite is if they made it F2P, though even that probably wouldn't work (see Battleborn).

With the lack of interest people have with Infinite and the fact that it's the butt of so many jokes, I honestly think it would be best to just abandon the game since it's a sinking ship that even Marvel won't touch. If they ever release MvC4, they better announce the most wanted characters and show off the best visuals/gameplay ASAP, since the lack of X-Men and crappy character models is what killed all the hype for Infinite. If all goes well and Capcom fixes their crappy PR, people will be excited for MvC again and Marvel will provide more fundings/promotions for the game.
MvC has always been one of my favorite crossover fighting game as it includes two universes that I love dearly. Plus, tons of memories of playing both 2 and 3 with friends. With such a pedigree, it’s truly unfortunate to see a game with so much potential and many fans to fare so poorly. Capcom has always been good at making bad decisions but they have recently seemed to go the opposite direction of fans really want. It’s truly a shame. And I didn’t even mind the strange modeling. And it was refreshing to see characters like Jeddah, X, Sigma, Strider, Arthur, and Haggar in this format. I was hoping we see character who existed in the 2D sprite realm transition into 3D.

Top Bottom