• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MvC4

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I've been following some of the GAF threads (since I do have an account there). He was the one that first told us about MvC:I happening, so I do think it's possible. It would make sense too since Marvel doesn't have to advertise the licenses under Fox, and they can make some good DLC money out of it when it comes to it.
Hmm....it is very interesting. I could see the likes of Wolverine, Deadpool and Dr. Doom making it through this.

Also, an interesting interview especially with this:

"The reason we showed off Mega Man X in our first trailer is because of his immense western popularity, and in our surveys he'd been up at the very top. We work hard to honor our fan's requests."

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016...roster-almost-entirely-decided-upon/#comments

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
My personal wishlist which will probably never happen:

Capcom
1. Frank West (the real Frank, not that crappy DR4 imposter)
2. Alex
3. Tron Bonne
4. Mike Haggar
5. M. Bison

Marvel:
1. Winter Soldier
2. Green Goblin
3. Loki
4. Nova
5. M.O.D.O.K.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I highly doubt the roster will change much from MVC3, though I can easily see any one of Black Panther, Juri, Ant Man, Black Widow, Thanos, Red Skull , a second rep from Ace Attorney (likely Simon Blackquill,) a representative from Monster Hunter, or one of Street Fighter V's new characters making it in, though I'd be shocked if Monster Hunter doesn't get a representative in, especially considering how huge that series has become.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I highly doubt the roster will change much from MVC3, though I can easily see any one of Black Panther, Juri, Ant Man, Black Widow, Thanos, Red Skull , a second rep from Ace Attorney (likely Simon Blackquill,) a representative from Monster Hunter, or one of Street Fighter V's new characters making it in, though I'd be shocked if Monster Hunter doesn't get a representative in, especially considering how huge that series has become.
Well, I predict we are likely to see Black Panther, Ant Man, Thanos and possibly Black Widow as playable characters for certain.

Although Phoenix Wright is the most likely choice to return for MvC:I (which I still hope he does), if I were to choose a second rep from the series, I would probably give it to either Miles Edgeworth or Franziska von Karma.

Lastly, I think Monster Hunter deserves at least a representation for MvC:I, considering the huge amount of success the series has achieved so far as you said.

Does anyone think we will be seeing more Megaman characters or any other obscure Capcom or Marvel characters in the game?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Capcom roster to not see much change but, if you take a look at the Marvel roster, it changed a lot from MvC2. Sure, we got mainstays like Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Iron-Man, etc but we got tons of new characters as well. Capcom may also look to their older franchises such as Final Fight, Breath of Fire, Battle Circuit, Black Tiger, Power Stone, Red Earth, etc. Or maybe also newer franchises such as God Hand, Asura, Remember Me, Deep Down, Dragon's Dogma, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, and others. For sure I can see Juri added with C. Viper replaced with possibly Necali or Laura.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Capcom roster to not see much change but, if you take a look at the Marvel roster, it changed a lot from MvC2. Sure, we got mainstays like Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Iron-Man, etc but we got tons of new characters as well. Capcom may also look to their older franchises such as Final Fight, Breath of Fire, Battle Circuit, Black Tiger, Power Stone, Red Earth, etc. Or maybe also newer franchises such as God Hand, Asura, Remember Me, Deep Down, Dragon's Dogma, Sengoku Basara, Onimusha, and others. For sure I can see Juri added with C. Viper replaced with possibly Necali or Laura.
People constantly bring up Juri for an extra Street Fighter character... but I don't see it. Capcom would go for a V character, such as Rashid, Necalli, or maybe someone from Season 2 (Helen?).

Juri is very popular but she's still a character from the same Street Fighter game as Viper. The most recent versus games (barring CvS2 since that's basically KOF vs SF) have had a pattern of introducing characters from the latest game- Sakura for Alpha in MvC2, Alex for III in TvC, Viper for IV in MvC3.

I think Juri would translate well, though Capcom is more about adding new SF characters than non-SF2 veterans. If I had to pick one new character, I'd go with Rashid. He's well-liked and has a moveset that already feels like a Vs game.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It'll be interesting to see how many will be returning characters from Marvel 3 and how many won't. For Marvel's side, we can expect a push from whatever they're looking to advertise. Capcom's side can go for whatever. They're really struggling regarding current output of games, so there's not much in terms of what'll be a recent push. Roster size should be pretty decent though as a whole. Just like MvC2 was large since it's basically all the old sprites just thrown in, we can see MvCI using up a lot of previous assets from Marvel 3, so that's going to be saving some time and effort. I don't think the roster size will exceed 3's though. Expecting a roster in the 30's.though.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Considering movesets are being reused (something that can be expected for many other veterans... RIP Zero though) I don't expect anything smaller or on par with vanilla Marvel 3.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to guess that the final roster count should be at least around 32-36 mark to start off with and I do expect them to bring the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters through DLC (in accordance to the NeoGaf user) and to continue to expand the roster.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I forgot to add this to my previous post, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see more representation from Guardians of the Galaxy, specifically Stallord and Gamora.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In addition, I found this very interesting. Here are some of the translated tweets from Ryota Niitsuma (MvC3 director) stated in regards to characters who were considered for MvC3:

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/811449133638840320
https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/811451909148213248

So it seems that the likes of Black Widow, Kingpin, The Hood, Mystique, Ms.Marvel (Carol Danvers), Loki and Vision were considered for MvC3 but were cut in the end. Do you guys think any of these (Other than Ms. Marvel who is confirmed as Captain Marvel) have a chance of being in MvC:I?

EDIT: Even though Doc Ock was datamined for MvC3, he was in mid-development for the game to which they even had his character art and theme before they scrapped him.

https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/812449257143894016

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think all of them have a decent chance of appearing. Kingpin intrigues me considering he doesn't really have any superpowers besides being huge, muscular, and fat with a bald head. Sure, he has been a challenge for both Spidey and Daredevil but not entirely sure what they would use to make him a viable playable character.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
I think all of them have a decent chance of appearing. Kingpin intrigues me considering he doesn't really have any superpowers besides being huge, muscular, and fat with a bald head. Sure, he has been a challenge for both Spidey and Daredevil but not entirely sure what they would use to make him a viable playable character.
I could be mistaken, but IIRC he has a walking stick or something in some depictions. Other than that, though, in at as much of a loss as you.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I made a goof, I realized I put in Stallord instead of Star-Lord, I don't know why I did that.
Anyways, with X in, I would highly expect Zero to be revealed sooner rather than later, though, other than Sigma and Tron Bonne, I don't believe there will be more Mega Man characters, though Bass would be fun. And I have to reiterate that I would be surprised if Monster Hunter doesn't get a representative into MVCI.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I do remember watching him back in the old Spiderman animated series. But other than that, I was very surprised that they actually considered him. Other than that, it will be very interesting to see whether any of the other Spiderman reps have a chance of being in MvC:I.

I made a goof, I realized I put in Stallord instead of Star-Lord, I don't know why I did that.
Anyways, with X in, I would highly expect Zero to be revealed sooner rather than later, though, other than Sigma and Tron Bonne, I don't believe there will be more Mega Man characters, though Bass would be fun. And I have to reiterate that I would be surprised if Monster Hunter doesn't get a representative into MVCI.
Wouldn't really hurt to add some more Megaman representation, but I am at least happy X had made it in and I would be surprised if a Monster Hunter rep had not been considered.

Still hoping for the likes of Asura, Edward Falcon and Gene to make it in.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Howard the Duck.

That's all I ever ask for. He would be an obscure, if not unique addition to the cast being this crass adventurous duck with Quack Fu and other tools at his disposal.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I could be mistaken, but IIRC he has a walking stick or something in some depictions. Other than that, though, in at as much of a loss as you.
Yeah, plus hes basically pure muscle. Now if they went the Netflix Daredevil version of Kingpin, then he can knock off a persons head by placing it in the car door and repeatedly smashing it back and forth until it finally pops off.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Does anyone think we will be seeing more Megaman characters or any other obscure Capcom or Marvel characters in the game?
I'm predicting that we'll end up having 4 Mega Man characters. Zero is all but confirmed at this point since X is in this game+he was in TvC, and in MvC3/UMvC3 and it looks like Sigma will also be in it one way or another. Please be playable.

This may just be me being extremely optimistic, but my gut feeling is telling me that Roll will also be in it as well. Probably because there have already been 2 or 3 rumors that mention Roll as a playable character including one of the rumors having her theme song in the files. If she does get in, I hope they go with her TvC moveset instead of her MvC1 and MvC2 moveset since she was an inferior Mega Man clone for the most part while she was a lot more unique and fun in TvC; using a broom, buckets, powerups, and a super that heals herself and other robots, reploids, etc.

While I don't know if you would count them as being obscure or not, I could see Batsu from Rival Schools and Saki from a puzzle game being a possibility, more so the former than the latter.

As for Marvel, it would be hilarious if they add this character from Guardians of the Galaxy.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm predicting that we'll end up having 4 Mega Man characters. Zero is all but confirmed at this point since X is in this game+he was in TvC, and in MvC3/UMvC3 and it looks like Sigma will also be in it one way or another. Please be playable.

This may just be me being extremely optimistic, but my gut feeling is telling me that Roll will also be in it as well. Probably because there have already been 2 or 3 rumors that mention Roll as a playable character including one of the rumors having her theme song in the files. If she does get in, I hope they go with her TvC moveset instead of her MvC1 and MvC2 moveset since she was an inferior Mega Man clone for the most part while she was a lot more unique and fun in TvC; using a broom, buckets, powerups, and a super that heals herself and other robots, reploids, etc.

While I don't know if you would count them as being obscure or not, I could see Batsu from Rival Schools and Saki from a puzzle game being a possibility, more so the former than the latter.

As for Marvel, it would be hilarious if they add this character from Guardians of the Galaxy.

According to some earlier reports by Polygon and Eurogamer prior before Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite was officially announced, it is rumoured that Groot (although it is not known whether he'll part of Rocket Raccoon's moveset or not), Rocket Raccoon, Ant Man and Dr. Strange are in the game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my personal wishlist of characters I would like to see included in MvCI:

Marvel

1) Daredevil: Seems like an obvious inclusion. Netflix. Could use his batons and extrasensory abilities.
2) Luke Cage: Much like Red up above and could be a buff superarmor brawler.
3) Punisher: Much like Daredevil but also has tons of weapons to throw at enemies. Killer personality too.
4) Black Widow: MCU. Could be too much like Jill unless they make Jill more like MvC2 Jill.
5) Black Panther: MCU. Claws and uses panther attacks. Could be fun.
6) Vision: He's one of my top most wanted. His phase abilities would be fun to see. Plus, MCU.
7) Starlord: MCU. GoTG is one of the best IMO. Tons of fun gadgets and space toys to use.
8) Loki: Tons of MCU attention. Would be fun to see included.
9) Scott Lang Antman: Not sure how he could be implemented but it would be fun to see a ant-sized guy beating up Zangief.
10) Ultron: Not top choice. I definitely want to see him included.
11) Winter Soldier: Not a huge fav but MCU. Could be this Marvel's answer to Spencer.
12) Scarlet Witch: Probably a tie with Vision. Hex controlling power is always a fun idea.

Now time for non-MCU characters...
12) Howard the Duck: Ok, kind of MCU but not really. Really great WTF character.
13) Magik: Magical sword wielding she-demon? Yes, please!
14) Green Goblin: A Spidey villain would be most welcomed and Venom is usually top pick. Why not go with Green on this one? Could use his pumpkin bombs and goblin glider, too!
15) Hyperion or Sentry: MvC answer to Injustice 2's Superman.
16) Namor the Sub-Mariner: We ever see this guy yet he has some of the richest history of any Marvel heroes...or villain. Water abilities which is something we don't have yet.
17) Cloak and Dagger: Interesting duo character with tons of potential.
18) Spider-Gwen: Fun new character with tons of personality and charm. Faster more agile smaller Spidey.
19) Daimon Hellstrom: Like we need more fire demons but he would be interesting with his pike and all.
20) Angela: Awesome look and tons of badassery to be had by introducing her.
21) Moon Knight: Kind of a quirky character and could be a fun replacement should Deadpool not be included.
22) Agent Coulson: Yet kind of another WTF character.
23) Squirrel Girl: Overpowered to the max.

Capcom

1) Ibuki (Street Fighter III)
2) Juri (Street Fighter IV)
3) Necali (Street Fighter V)
4) Jedah (Darkstalkers...was he in MvC2?)
5) Bass & Treble (Mega Man)
6) Sigma (Mega Man X)
7) Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
8) Mundus (DmC)
9) Sparda (Devil May Cry)
10) Felyne (Monster Hunter)
11) Unknown Solider Red or Blue (Forgotten Worlds)
12) Maximo (Maximo)
13) Ryu (Breath of Fire)
14) Asura (Asura's Wrath)
15) Nilin (Remember Me)
16) Soki (Onimusha)
17) Masamune Date (Sengoku Basara)
16) Leo (Red Earth)
17) Hauzer (Red Earth)
18) Ingrid (Capcom Fighting Evolution)
19) Batsu (Rival Schools)
20) Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
21) Maki (Final Fight)
22) Mercedes (Dragon's Dogma)
23) Regina (Dinocrisis)

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've been really excited for the news of MVCI, and when it comes to the characters, I hope for something impressive, since this, along side Tekken are the fighting games I'm really looking forward to.

So I want to go over a few characters that I would like to see, and perhaps a little reason why.
I won't have a top list, as I don't know per say who I want the most... Oh also! I won't add the likes of Chun-Li or The Hulk, since those are pretty much selected already and it would be a boring list.

So let's try it out;

Marvel Characters;

Return;

Venom: I'd love to see classic Venom make a return. He is one of the greatest Spider-Man villains, and would make a good rival to him.
Ghost Rider: Simply one of my favourite Marvel characters. The possibilities are quite large.

Newcomers;

Luke Cage: Love the Netflix series, and his popularity in MCU makes him a good candidate.
Scarlet Witch: Same as above, because of the MCU and the range of moveset potential.
Loki: The trickster god would be quite interesting to see. I want the classic design tho.
Kingpin: Like GR, Kingpin is one of my favourites, and I could have said a lot about how he would be a perfect fit for the series, with power, assist and such.
Gamora: She is pretty badass and the Guardians will get a second character most likely.
Ultron: Would also be pretty cool. He has tons of moveset potential.

Capcom Characters;

Return;

Anakaris: Anakaris in fully 3D would be very cool. He is slow, but got some crazy animations. Really would be cool if he returned.
Hayato: I like his combos. Light sabers are way better than ordinary swords.
Ruby Heart: One of the classic MVC characters. I think she would be cool to see back.
Amingo: As RH, a classic MVC character, and my favourite of the bunch (how unpopular of me), he got some very interesting moves in MVC2, and would be cool to see him reworked for the 4th.
Nemesis: He was pretty entertaining in UMVC3, and I'd love to see that giant clunky beast return.

Newcomers;

Rashid: The only SFV character as of now that I would really like and feel would work.
Victor Ortega: One of my biggest wants for MVCI... Yeah, aiming high, but in his story, not even Mike Haggar could defeat him, and he fought with the Hulk in the last game, so just imagine the powers of Victor Ortega!
Tabasa: Interesting to see her fight against Scarlet Witch.
Soki Omokane: I was just thinking since X-Men characters are gone (potentially), then she would be a cool replacement of some of Cable's moves.
Edward Falcon: Basically just because of the Power Stone and Gem Stones refrence.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hmmm...it's hard to say really. I can't even imagine when they will release more info on it but I am guessing we might hear some new info in March. We will definitely see it at E3 though. As for characters, I think we will get four characters much like the trailer, two returnees and two new characters. I would expect that would also included an actual website with information.

Character wise, I would be surprised to see anyone of these characters being shown:

Returness
Marvel: Spider-man, Thor, Hulk, Doctor Strange, Rocket Raccoon
Capcom: Chun-li, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Chris Redfield

New
Marvel: Star-lord (GoTG2 promotion), Daredevil (netflix promotion), Luke Cage (netflix promotion), or Black Panther (MCU promotion)
Capcom: No clue

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hoping we get some new character reveals soon. Its been nearly 3 months.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm not expecting it any time soon sadly. Not expecting anything for even March. April at the earliest, imo.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Didn't MvC3 reveal a new character every month or so until the game came out? It's been almost 4 months now and we only know about 6 characters.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Maybe Marvel has their own schedule for when they want stuff revealed this time. One can hope that the silence is because the shown build was very rough and early. What they showed off didn't exactly impress me.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I would concur we won't see anything on MVCI until at least E3, MVCI was revealed well after Injustice 2 was, so I'm not surprised that the MVCI reveals will be later as well. I trust they'll get it right. And I would expect MVCI to be delayed until 2018, as well.

Top Bottom