• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I had a whole long response written up, but it's just repetitive nonsense, so I'll cut it down to a couple things. XD

vB IS competitive, it's just a different style. C'mon, if stacking cups can be made grand-scale competitive, then there's NOTHING that is simply NOT competitive. XD Anything can be competitive. The difference is what and how. *nodnod*

And naw, I know you're not being mean. I'm very slow to take anything on the internet as seriously/angrily as it might look. That's why I use smilies fairly... liberally. They lighten the mood. :laugh:

Again, I'm not being argumentative or anti-B+, but I don't want everyone to just write off vB as a terrible game just 'cause it's... well, different.

...C'mon, you're talking to a girl who still names her family's cars and never throws anything out for fear of "hurting their feelings"--even plain boxes, or broken tools, or water bottles. I often go easy on CPUs 'cause I feel bad for them. So you're making me feel bad for poor vB! XD

@Slash: LMAO now that you mention it, that's... quite true. Hahaha.

So yeah. The vB folks here and I need to do some brainstorming. I dun want vB in TN to become extinct. ;_;

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
So like.

I would host vBrawl(Melee too if Melee isn't at this one) and sort of alternate these as biweeklies, buuuuut. I've got flaws.

A) I'm only 16
B) I can't really be a douchebag, and don't have too much of the 'I will boot you' demeanor that the job demands
C) I lack a laptop
D) I'unno if many people will even attend
E) People have money johns(Caleb.)

Sooooooooooo. Bi-weeklies at the Game Galaxy does sound sorta hype though.

And on a side-note. Where the hell are Phloat and Shadow? I haven't seen them since like... June. They need to post D:

Oh, and if anybody can find a D3 version or a Ganon version of my current avatar, I will give you a cookie the next time I see you. Or buy you one.

I cant go to sleep. Oh, and if I ever find a green controller shell, I will be fufilled. Or Pink. Or both. Or White that would be willing to. shell with me.

Rayku

Smash Lord
...C'mon, you're talking to a girl who still names her family's cars and never throws anything out for fear of "hurting their feelings"--even plain boxes, or broken tools, or water bottles. I often go easy on CPUs 'cause I feel bad for them. So you're making me feel bad for poor vB! XD
Lol. I swear, girls make me laugh sometimes.

@Slash: I was actually talking about it at the time, and I agreed that those two are of equal awesomesauce. The thing that made them even for me was Fatalize and Fighting of the Spirit (the two songs).

Oh. And Sheena. Sheena is too good.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Huh? Whatcha mean? I wasn't before, but now I am. O.o
A lot of your post was self contradictory. You don't like hitstun but you do like combos (at least some). You like Brawl because there is a lack of combos but yeah you argue Brawl has them. Definition of combo is the linking of attacks because of hitstun, not consecutive hits that seem like they can be followed up but the opponent can airdodge and **** so you have to predict them. Also I am pretty sure Brawl has more 0 to deaths and infinites compared to Melee through chaingrabbing and **** like that though.

It must be the first fighting game you played semi seriously. Nothing wrong with it, but it makes for some unique views.....

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I swear, like. Day by day I picture KO talking in an Ike voice.

Everytime I read his posts, I can't help but constantly think about Fighting for Friends.
Lol. You need help.

Oh boy more vBrawl vs Brawl+ arguments! Well here's my stance on it if anyone cares. Brawl+ is fun. I like it more than vBrawl in terms of gameplay. However I find it morally incorrect, as you're basically taking someone elses work and trying to "improve" or "fix" it. I don't care how much you say vbrawl sucks, even though it does. Hell even if I made artwork (which would SUCK, mind you) of a stick figure, and someone came and gave him clothes, hair and what not and said "there, this is better, yours was ****" while it would be true, I'd be pretty offended.

K WHATEVZ.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
So like.

I would host vBrawl(Melee too if Melee isn't at this one) and sort of alternate these as biweeklies, buuuuut. I've got flaws.

A) I'm only 16
B) I can't really be a douchebag, and don't have too much of the 'I will boot you' demeanor that the job demands
C) I lack a laptop
D) I'unno if many people will even attend
E) People have money johns(Caleb.)

Sooooooooooo. Bi-weeklies at the Game Galaxy does sound sorta hype though.
I'd be all for that! But I have the exact same flaws. XD

Lol. I swear, girls make me laugh sometimes.
Well, I don't feel bad for EVERYTHING. There are things I have little sympathy for. Such as... human beings and such. ^^ /psycho

A lot of your post was self contradictory. You don't like hitstun but you do like combos (at least some). You like Brawl because there is a lack of combos but yeah you argue Brawl has them. Definition of combo is the linking of attacks because of hitstun, not consecutive hits that seem like they can be followed up but the opponent can airdodge and **** so you have to predict them. Also I am pretty sure Brawl has more 0 to deaths and infinites compared to Melee through chaingrabbing and **** like that though.

It must be the first fighting game you played semi seriously. Nothing wrong with it, but it makes for some unique views.....
Ah, I see where the wires got crossed. Lemme try to clarify my lazy wording:

I'm more going on the definition of combos as "an inescapable string of attacks", not necessarily 'cause of hitstun. And I like SOME combos, a lot of times BECAUSE they're rare and hard to pull off. And I don't like hitstun 'cause I don't like BEING in hitstun--"don't like" not "hate", to be certain. I was deliberately exaggerating in that post. XD I like vB for a variety of reasons, and for me, the lack of many combos isn't a total detractor--and it can, in fact, add. And I wasn't saying predicting airdodges, DI, techs, etc. were combos, I was saying that that could be just as satisfying as--if not, in some cases, MORE satisfying than--true combos.

Agaaiin. B+ is cool, combos are fun, but vB is cool too and for one, DOES have some nice combos, and for two, isn't necessarily made worse by the lack of a whole plethora of combos, imo. You don't have to LIKE vB, but at least admit that it's not a bad game--for both fun and competition!--and stop bashing it and even sometimes insulting those who like and play it (not necessarily referring to anyone here, just in general) just 'cause you don't personally like it. :p

Also, melee was, actually. >.> But not for very long or very well, I'll grant you. Brawl being the "current" game, and with Wifi and such, it's been easier to kinda... get into and used to, and improve.

You know, the internet's not a good place for friendly debate, 'cause they always turn argumentative thanks to misunderstandings and such. XD Especially with someone like me who's terrible at wording things like this. Sometimes things just don't come across, such as the fact that everything I'm saying is in a casual, half-joking, semi-...encouraging? tone. Like, "Aw, c'mon, it's not so bad! ^^"

So screw all this, eh? :laugh: If I'm not too shy, I'll talk about it in person so my tone comes across better--just as KO said. For now...

Anyone heard of/use a mac program called GhostReader? I've been searching and searching for a text-to-speech thing with a good voice and some sort of "export as sound file" feature, and finally found this. So now, my Peppermint has a VOICE. The plan is for him to explain aloud some features of his moveset. And naturally, that has expanded to "lawl what else can I make him say? teehee!" XD

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Personifying Windows ME helped people feel sorry for it by visualizing it as a clumsy maid that was truly apologetic for its mistakes. Maybe if someone made a Brawl-tan I'd warm up to the game more.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
@Slash - if you wanted to host vBrawl w/ Melee id bring my laptop and play melee and Brawl doubles.

@Papstr - Sakurai disappointed us (People who loved Melee/64) Me, so much to the point where if they can screw up smash then any game can be ruined (Note: Starcraft 2) I loved melee and 64. It just felt like Sakurai spit in my face when he said the game wasn't built to be competitive and you saw it in every aspect of the game too.

If I was in smash I would be a mix of Capt Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ike (manly as fvck)

Come play vBrawl in Georgia :o
come play Brawl+ in TN ;)

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Slash - if you wanted to host vBrawl w/ Melee id bring my laptop and play melee and Brawl doubles.
Slash I'll help you run Brawl/Brawl doubles if need be. We could run all three tournaments and BlazBlue all at once or something along those lines.

I'm sure BigLou wouldn't mind playing Brawl/Brawl doubles while he's at it.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
@Papstr - Sakurai disappointed us (People who loved Melee/64) Me, so much to the point where if they can screw up smash then any game can be ruined (Note: Starcraft 2) I loved melee and 64. It just felt like Sakurai spit in my face when he said the game wasn't built to be competitive and you saw it in every aspect of the game too.
Well in his defense, Smash was never really meant to be competitive. It's everybody else that turned it into that. So of course it wasn't built that way. But hey why argue? We both pretty much have the same view points, except like, the view points we dont have the same of :laugh:

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Well cool beans then.

I guess I'll see what I can do to reserve the venue every other week after KO's monthlies, so if People can't make one they wouldn't be completely looked over for a month.

Only thing I'd really need help on is keeping everybody's interest in the venue, or having some form of mass communication to let people know when they have a match up regardless if they're in the food court or arcade. I would say phone, but we'll see if there's anything better(maybe Twitter like Genesis did)

There's also need for TV's. If you don't mind KO I'd appreciate if we could use your 5 TV setups. Milln can run BlazBlue, Rayu KO (and pretty much Jilvan, Keith, and Caleb) can handle getting matches setup if I'm in the middle of a match. should be fine =o.

Melee and vBrawl. Yeahyuhs.

_MidnighT_

Smash Apprentice
Well cool beans then.

I guess I'll see what I can do to reserve the venue every other week after KO's monthlies, so if People can't make one they wouldn't be completely looked over for a month.

Only thing I'd really need help on is keeping everybody's interest in the venue, or having some form of mass communication to let people know when they have a match up regardless if they're in the food court or arcade. I would say phone, but we'll see if there's anything better(maybe Twitter like Genesis did)

There's also need for TV's. If you don't mind KO I'd appreciate if we could use your 5 TV setups. Milln can run BlazBlue, Rayu KO (and pretty much Jilvan, Keith, and Caleb) can handle getting matches setup if I'm in the middle of a match. should be fine =o.

nice, nice. i was hoping someone would do this cuz in spring i might have to miss a few tourneys due to ap bio on some saturdays *gag*

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
KO on Jimbo's account

well it looks like It will be a Bi-weekly thing now. I suppose I can Talk to Jason about doing it like that.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Well cool beans then.

I've got a TV lying around that I could possibly bring, and of course my Wii and such.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
BB will most likely be ran at both bi-weeklies.

So yeah you get some BlazBlue every 2 weeks =o. pretty hype. Trying to get into Blazblue myself, if only I had the game.

xFayt

Smash Cadet
I can also bring my lappy. I just need some tourney software and we are gewd. I also has TV, wii, other things, car, sex, ???????, etc.

Bi-weeklies on B+, blazblue and maylay? *saves money*

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
im thinking we do vBrawl + Melee one weekend and Brawl+ and BlazBlue on another weekend

Game Galaxy has 5 TVs already set up at the Venue and im not lugging ALL of my stuff for vBrawl. Sorry ill bring atleast 2 full setups minus one wii. Everyone else will have to pick up the slack

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
That works.

4 vBrawl setups(not bias, vBrawl takes much longer than Melee so it needs more setups to really... be able to do well), 3 Melee. Should be fine.

If anybody else has TV's those will be used for friendly/warmup stations, which game to be played on it is to the discretion of the person with the setup.

I'm only able to bring a Wii with me D:, and a disc of brawl and Melee.

Ideally, along with the 7 TVs GG along with KO provides, I would like to atleast have 9 or 10 TV's for use, if anybody else has one they can bring. and setup a 5-3-2 spread (Brawl-Melee-friendly)

and Maybe if the tournament finishes earlyish as long as everything runs smooth, we can finally do those Draft crews I've been pushing for :D. Melee and Brawl =o They'd be able to run at the same time so... It should be all good. Would probably be just for fun unless people REALLY wanna get money involved.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If anybody else has TV's those will be used for friendly/warmup stations, which game to be played on it is to the discretion of the person with the setup.

Ideally, along with the 7 TVs GG along with KO provides, I would like to atleast have 9 or 10 TV's for use, if anybody else has one they can bring. and setup a 5-3-2 spread (Brawl-Melee-friendly)

and Maybe if the tournament finishes earlyish as long as everything runs smooth, we can finally do those Draft crews I've been pushing for :D. Melee and Brawl =o They'd be able to run at the same time so... It should be all good. Would probably be just for fun unless people REALLY wanna get money involved.
If you wanna be able to do extra stuff then you would probably wanna do every TV having a tourney match until you cant do that anymore. Just saying it will make things go faster and smoother.

KO, were you still going to send me that link?
Sent it to your Wall.

Milln

Smash Champion
Personifying Windows ME helped people feel sorry for it by visualizing it as a clumsy maid that was truly apologetic for its mistakes. Maybe if someone made a Brawl-tan I'd warm up to the game more.
Why is Jack so amazing. A Brawl-tan would be slow and clumsy and trip a lot. =3 And have people constantly blame her for the things her father did. Bahaha.

Does anyone know where I can find the 4.2 build for Brawl+? The only thing I saw here was the 4.1B build.

I gotcha, Fizzy. http://brawlplus.net/download/ Get the 7-21 set.

Sent it to your Wall.
Oh oops. You helped him out. I read this as "Send it to your wall" as in "throw it at your wall" as in you were being mean. >,> Lalwlawlawlalwlalwal *has really really bad thoughtyousaiditis*

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Lmao, XDDD. Thanks Milln. <3

Edit: I actually already have an older build of Brawl+ on my SD card. In theory, all I should really have to do is just switch the RSBE01.gct file right?

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, XDDD. Thanks Milln. <3

Edit: I actually already have an older build of Brawl+ on my SD card. In theory, all I should really have to do is just switch the RSBE01.gct file right?
Yea. Just replace it.

@POS- Yea I have a few money johns, so what? I have no money. Leave me alone. Regardless, I still manage to show up at these things dont I?

xFayt

Smash Cadet
luls i've had money johns for the passed 2 tourneys, i still come for the laughs.

BigRiceMan

Smash Rookie
Man...it seems I haven't played in ages since I've never even heard of Brawl+ haha. I feel spams of nub approaching...anyways I'm going to try to make it just so I can finally have a match with you KO.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
That works.

4 vBrawl setups(not bias, vBrawl takes much longer than Melee so it needs more setups to really... be able to do well), 3 Melee. Should be fine.

I'm only able to bring a Wii with me D:, and a disc of brawl and Melee.

Ooh, sounds good!

So to make sure I have this straight, it'll be vB and Melee one weekend, nothing the next, then B+ and BB the weekend after that, then nothing, then repeat? Also, this saturday is still on, yes? At this point is it B+, BB, AND vB (and Melee?), or does it start the biweekly thing so is just B+ and BB and then the weekend after the next is vB and Melee? ...if all that's not too confusing.

Also, one last annoying question: How different from 4.1 is 4.2? Like, if I were to practice with Marth and ZSS (and maybe Peach and Ike) in 4.1, would I have to learn/get used to/etc. anything different when I switch to 4.2? 'Cause I'm lazy and don't want to exit out to the wii menu, remove the SD card, deal with Vista on the other comp, then insert the B+ card and relaunch, all to change one GCT file, if it's not that much of a difference anyhow. XD

Top Bottom