• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
Super hyped for this, as usual. I plan to bring my laptop, as I may have said, for a SWR set up. I'll also be bringing my Wii, for an extra set up (though I won't have a TV or anything..) and also for some Brawl+ afterward, for those who want to play it/try it.

Milln

Smash Champion
I got a DSi. :)
Poor kid...
I agree with Phloat.

Super hyped for this, as usual. I plan to bring my laptop, as I may have said, for a SWR set up. I'll also be bringing my Wii, for an extra set up (though I won't have a TV or anything..) and also for some Brawl+ afterward, for those who want to play it/try it.
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody is almost a definite. I'm not sure what kind of attendance we'll have for it, but i'm expecting not much. Yours and my laptop may suffice for setups, but I'd be more comfortable with a third if anyone wants to pitch in. =3

BUT YEAH, DEFINITELY CONFIRMED. The number of interested people will determine when the matches go on. Since matches are quick, we could start near the end of doubles (if no one that's IN doubles wants to play SWR) and just play through the break and see if we can get done before Singles is called. If there's prolly too many people for that, we'll just do it after Singles since running it alongside would be too chaotic.

Entry, i'm thinking like 2 or 5 dollars. Since it's new, pot distribution i'm thinking like 50/30/20 and as/if it gains popularity, we'll tip it more towards first place.

Rules? Nothing's banned, everyone's unlocked, Levels are always RANDOM SELECT unless you guys agree on a stage (for the music or whatever).

If you bring a setup, you MUST have the score file loaded -or- EVERYTHING must be unlocked including all cards(at least 4) for every character. Weather is ON, since it's a nifty part of the game. If you don't like the weather, pack some Weather Change cards in your deck so you can use one when an unfavorable effect occurs and stop complaining. Your SWR MUST be version 1.06 or i'm going to smack you, then update it for you.

Normally i'd say bring your own controller, but if there's only going to be a couple setups, I don't see why I can't let you guys use my extra controller on my setup, which is the one with the analog sticks.

Sound good?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Nothing niftier than having an opponent in a corner BnB to get Typhoon'ed out of at your last health, even though the win was yours through the combo.

Lets not forget when you take your opponent to 1 health, and RIGHT as they start a BnB they become a vampire.

Milln

Smash Champion
Nothing niftier than having an opponent in a corner BnB to get Typhoon'ed out of at your last health, even though the win was yours through the combo.

Lets not forget when you take your opponent to 1 health, and RIGHT as they start a BnB they become a vampire.
Situation 1: If you're at such a health that you get KO'd immediately out of someone reacting to Typhoon, you're not paying attention to the game. Not only does it TELL you what weather field is going to be next, it gives you at most like 20 seconds to prepare for it or change the impending type. If you're hit in Typhoon, you have super armor, which means you have a little bit of hitlag to your character. If you're already hitting your opponent and you're in danger of being KO'd by the next attack, DROP YOUR COMBO AND RUN. I've actually been in that situation like eight times with Typhoon and I was able to escape(didn't get touched) for the full time it was on while still taking potshots at my opponent for crystals to make the time go faster. You can still graze everything in Typhoon, just don't get nailed by a melee attack, which is easy.

Situation 2: Same thing as you're not paying attention to the game. Not only does it TELL you what weather field is going to be next, it gives you at most like 20 seconds to prepare for it or change the impending type, but i'll explain this, too.

Block.

Heavy Fog (which is Vampire, I think) only works with melee attacks. Yeah, it regains health on block, too, but it's a small amount and it's all it does. If you block, not only do they not get their maximum health return, but you also DON'T TAKE DAMAGE. =OOOOOO If you're already hit, then who cares. They get a little health back and you're downed and you can get back up and start your counterattack because weather affects you, too. I've never had a match outcome influenced by Heavy Fog.

http://swr.mizuumi.net/index.php/Weather You should become familiar with this if Weather bothers you that much.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
You said that nothing in SWR was banned..though I'd like to point out the snow stage (dunno the name or anything, its all in Japanese..I hope you know which one I'm referring to) is very bright, and some of the projectiles are practically invisible when thrown (Marisa's come to mind) which can make it a bit unfair, as it makes them difficult to avoid, also if you select a character such as Sakuya, who's projectile's are clearly visible. But whatever you wanna do is cool. There's many other stages the random select will pick..lol

Milln

Smash Champion
You said that nothing in SWR was banned..though I'd like to point out the snow stage (dunno the name or anything, its all in Japanese..I hope you know which one I'm referring to) is very bright, and some of the projectiles are practically invisible when thrown (Marisa's come to mind) which can make it a bit unfair, as it makes them difficult to avoid, also if you select a character such as Sakuya, who's projectile's are clearly visible. But whatever you wanna do is cool. There's many other stages the random select will pick..lol
Yeah, I know about that stage. In all the matches i've played via selecting random, it's popped up ONCE so i'm not worried about it. But if someone doesn't wanna play on snow, you can just go back to the stage select screen and repick. It's not a big deal.

so I heard draft crews was a pretty good idea.

Hey, I heard that, too. =O We must have the same source.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
pretty much if we do draft crews then SWR probably wont be able to happen. Plus i dont want it to interfere with the tourney cause if people are not able to play Brawl matches cause of this it only makes brawl longer. And we cant really have that. I would suggest that we do SWR on a later date that way we can have more time for Brawl stuffs and a little melee too.

Milln

Smash Champion
Yar, like I said. It'll happen before Singles during the break after DOubles if there's a small amount of people or after Singles if we don't do draft crews.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Poor kid.

Yea, sorry Milln, but I am kinda done with SWR. Its not a bad game, but I really don't enjoy it as much as TF2, which is on the same system. There are ALWAYS tf2 pugs running, pubs if I am feeling lazy, so SWR just doesn't happen.

Good luck a the tournament though Milln, I think I would watch if it happened.. I heard you rocked Shadowz too.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
what's the wi-fi range on that thing?
Like, the same distance that the Wii would pick the router up.

I'm having alot of fun with my new DS, so you guys can suck my d***. Lol.

And I didn't just buy it just to buy it. I did because -

1. All I had was a DSPhat (gay)
2. DSPhat was scratched up
3. Uncomfortable
4. I wanted something new and better.

Anyways I'm comin' to this (most likely), even tho I hate Brawl. Lol.

Milln

Smash Champion
Poor kid.

Yea, sorry Milln, but I am kinda done with SWR. Its not a bad game, but I really don't enjoy it as much as TF2, which is on the same system. There are ALWAYS tf2 pugs running, pubs if I am feeling lazy, so SWR just doesn't happen.

Good luck a the tournament though Milln, I think I would watch if it happened.. I heard you rocked Shadowz too.
That's fine. Games aren't for everybody and I figured there would be someone that wouldn't enjoy it. It's extremely fun for me and I was trying to spread the wealth and create competition. =3

So, if I come to this in May, there will possibly be SWR?
That's correct. I just realized that we could do the tournament in the morning if I don't jack around with setups and shiz.

2k posts for youuuuuuuuuuuu
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

lolk

My goal is Grand Finals with Will.

Prolly won't make it there tho, don't practice, Milln is beast, Slash is beast, Dan is beast, Midnight is beast, Frank is beast, and stuff.
Awwwrr... <3 Cody is beast.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I could make it far if I didn't play Midnight, Milln, and Midnight+Milln all the time =B

Found a Diddy "counter" of sorts, and it isn't Marth.

As for lucario... **** lucario idk what to do but cappin' falcon seems like a good choice.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
metaknight beats lucario
Not horridly. >_>

And I normally do fine with Lucarios.. I guess, I do some aib. I do fine with Shadowz's lucario too, I can 2 stock him usually.. But Milln owns me, and I just don't like the matchup. I prefer to have a projectile in projectile wars. Sometimes I'll switch to a dumb matchup just because I feel better with it =\.

I need to find that niche against Lucario, at the least feel comfortable with punishing his rolls teleports.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
metaknight loses to snake and diddy kong (on most legal stages)

and lucario's projectile is lame, it's really nothing to worry about, metaknight can jump over one and be in lucario's face before he can throw a second one

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Oooh, I heard that Hylain 2 stocked Inui, which is big news on a global smash scale. It is largely agreed that MK beats GaW just by being really, really gay. Just stuffing each approach. And Inui is really good at that **** and apparently lost to Hylain, a good GaW.

I dunno man.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
Not that it's imperative, but I just thought this the other day.

are we going to be doing Power rankings? if so, when?

TN has people too D:

Top Bottom