• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 6 - Rutherford, NC - April 14th

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
OUR birthday starts in 7 hours, 45 minutes

yea twig, I only play from tournament to tournament which wouldn't be so bad, but I've only gone to very few tournaments

should be fun guys, I can bring a cube + cords but no TV unless the rest of the raleigh guys get the van, then maybe, also my digital video converter

PacStrife

Smash Ace
YGO doesnt really play that much actually....... Me and TLOZ are away all the time so really just Adam and mewchu and those guys just play alot, but they all have jobs too.

Also, TLOZ I will figh tyou in any fighting game son....... You know about my skillz son;)

Sunchaser007

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys, I've come to my wit's end with this game....I'm uberly frustrated. I feel that the longer I play the less I know about this game. Ali owns me all the time and I'm seriously thinking about dropping smash altogether. As North Carolina smashers, I'm turning to you guys for some advice. I feel that my biggest problems is that I get into a groove and I do the same things over and over. My mindgames are extremely weak and I don't know what to do to overcome this problem. I know you need to be able to read the opponent to be able to control the match, but to me....everybody is random. I see no patterns in fighting styles what so ever. I don't know if this is normal, but I'm to my last nerve /w this problem. I need advice.

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
ok man this is what u do. get in the bed and pray. :laugh: lolz, just messin with u.

Try to find a weak point in his game and exploit it.
Dont atk randomly, be patient and wait for an opening.
if you cant rush him, let him atk while u stay defensive until he messes up.
if he gets knocked down, try tech-chasing him.
THINK!
OVERALL WORK ON YOUR MINDGAMES and DONT GIVE UP, YOU'LL EVENTUALLY FIND A WAY TO BEAT HIM.

i cant think of all the things that work for me right now, but try some of this stuff.

who does he play???

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
yeah they do for ness , because its 'hard' to pull off, and i guess cuz ness is low tier haha .. oh well .. but its so much fun to pull em off tho.

Ive beaten twig with ness ... but later when he kept looking at my matches so closely and examined me ! he 4 stocked me .. -_-"

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
YEAH BIG BOIIIIII!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER LOW TIER PLAYER! winning with low tier is just the best. its soooo much better than winning with a top or high tier. :cool:

twig 4 stocked u! dagg thats messed up. i dont think ive ever been 4 stocked against anybody except TC. it wasnt a serious match, but he whooped me good when i tried to use marth against his falcon.

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
yeah, thats cool. the way i look at, if u can win with a low tier then when u use a top/high tier, u can str8 up own everybody.

i can beat every character, but the only ones that give me trouble are Falcon and sheik. it has got to a point where i now have to play perfect to beat TC's falcon. Falcon, to me, is harder than sheik when it comes to link.

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
falcon is so **** , like .. hes jus too good honestly .. hes like a real falcon u know what im sayin?! .. i mean .. falco is like a falcon (bird) wannabe compared to captain falcon ... if i can electric knee someone in the ear i'd be the happiest guy on earth

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
lol!!! same here. id knee all my professors until they give me an A. well man, its time 4 me 2 hit the bed, got to take an exam tomorrow. man im too cool :cool: holla!

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
yeah dood happy bday

Me and T.c. got a lot of practice in 2night. We figured it out, when we are on teams, everyone else might as well give up lolz. But as for munkaid 4, dr. l0Zr=) for the win. Peace

l0zr=)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you need an update, I will be unable to attend. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that in order to have the 5 hour ride, someone would have to go. So I figured "Meh. I suck compared to xeritross, lozr, and even pac, so if they have 'challenging battles' in this tournament, there's no way in hell I'd do any good". I need a s*** load of work on my mind games. Let's call my way to play a little barbaric ~ RUN INTO BTTL!!! ALL U NEED IS SWORD AND WILL TO FIGHT EVER AND FOR!!!

I wanted to go moreso for the experience of a road trip with friends, and how tournaments are. I was willing to pay the door fee, and even enter the doubles, but it turns out I'm not going.

Inform me ASAP of a tournament coming soon in like Raleigh or someplace, if it ain't 5 hours away, I WILL come to that one.

K THX BI.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Zio... you silly goose! Why arent ya coming? LoL. Now the chances that I actually beat someone drop dramatically. [-sniffles-]

Waters?

Smash Rookie
happy birthday munkey...<3

i'll see you later today i'm sure

btw who practices for tourneys?

**** practice lol roflcopter!!1112312

PacStrife

Smash Ace
"Meh. I suck compared to xeritross, lozr, and even pac,
>_> ......wtf?

I still think you should come though Zio. you really should try at least.

Also happy birthday to Munk and Ray Charles!!!!!!!!!

and TLOZ what about Mario? You always say you have trouble with him. Juts remember Green Mario son......remember, lol. :laugh:

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Disappointments? Well, next tourney to hit Raleigh, you can count me in for sure! That'll be when the word "epic" is place right in front of "Battle". When it comes down to ZIO, everything is nothing but epic. Even breathing. Just think about it for a moment - EPIC EXTREME BREATHING!!! Some will pass out from all that oxygen! Who will last the longest??? Only one of you will find out!!!!

As for Munk-Aid, Can't do it now. See, I was also planning on my mother going up to New York at the same time ~ Less focus on me so I could actually go. If I were to actually go now, I would be in some mess . . .

What do you mean by "WTF", pac? Is that not a statement that put you on a higher level than I? Maybe it's because I added "and even". In any case, I was "those guys". ;)

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
who wants to give me a birthday blowjob at munkaid?!?!?!... my friends made me weed my old wh0re out.. .so i have nobody to do it :(

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
>_> ......wtf?

I still think you should come though Zio. you really should try at least.

Also happy birthday to Munk and Ray Charles!!!!!!!!!

and TLOZ what about Mario? You always say you have trouble with him. Juts remember Green Mario son......remember, lol. :laugh:
Oh believe me, i havent forgot about green mario. next smashaid i'll make sure to beat him. im way better than what i was when i fought him. i know how to fight mario now.

oh yeah, happy b-day munk and ray c. your gift from me munk...

ME OWNING YOU WITH PEACH AND EVERY OTHER CHARACTER I PLAY INCLUDING GAME&WATCH!!! :chuckle: :cool:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Me and my friend Jim might be there 2 days from now...

We totally suck but we're gonna try to do doubles together and see if we can win 1 match (If we're lucky I guess we can)!

We're only 13 by the way. No, I don't expect you to go easy on us either because...that stuff just doesn't happen. We're really only going to see how bad we really are. For the experience, mostly. We don't expect to win.

If anyone wanted to have some fun matches with us (if we can come) that'd be cool. But we're gonna do Doubles no matter what!

Top Bottom