• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MunkAid 6 - Rutherford, NC - April 14th

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
Oh snap son.
The thread has died down a little bit. Poop.

Aah well, I guess everyone is busy 'trainin up' [-insert generic sports training montage here-] LoL.

At any rate, 4 more days, this is gonna rock. Well, maybe not for me-- as I predict to come in near the bottom. [-sniffles-] I hope it pulls in around 40 or so, hopefully more. That'd be tight as Hayl. Though, that would raise the question of the format of the tourney. I know Swiss is quicker, but- I think 5 rounds only supports up to [-does the math-] like... 30-35 people?

Anyway... I'm sure whatever happens will be for the best, and Im also sure this is gonna rawk.

uber_n00b

Smash Journeyman
Heh, still haven't touched a gamecube controller since the last "smash jubilee", and screw you malk, you really have no idea

But yea, I've only played some guys in suillivan and they were pretty good, and of course chris (gym / crip).

But yea, yay, we need to team *****, get your *** up here

DoctorChuk

Smash Apprentice
you have no idea man haha. especially when he's calling out every move he's doing during a match haha
Haha, yeah, it made it a little hard to concentrate on your match when he's shouting "Da Vinci's Knee!" every couple of seconds. It was hilarious though, especially the later it got...

Twiggy

Smash Lord
I have not even played melee since the tournament at alis... like a month ago.

edits(about rules): might want to take out the "MLG rules" part.... MLG doesn't so swiss lol.

And... if only 8 people are seeded, can we have all those rounds be best of 5... since it's single elim. It would be better that way.

MunkeyX2g

Smash Ace
I need to know who can bring cubes, extension cords, and power strips... and tv's?
i have to make a list.. so people please tell me soon

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I'll bring one cube setup plus three extension cords and one power strip munk. hope it helps out!

ps. Munkey how will the brackets for the swiss tourney be decided? Randomly seeded or by the power rankings? also single elimination tourneys suck lolz but i understand the need for speed with so many people. :)

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
Munk my crew will bring three setups at least, that means 3 tv's, power cords, and cubes. <3
And on a side note, if we have 4 setups and 30 + people this tournament will suck. So bring what you can, if i see that we will have a surplus of cubes i will bring more TV's........ So everyone needs to post asap

ALi isn't coming he will be returning to Kuwait to see his family for Christmas break. And Jade will be coming also, so Munk let me know what you are going to need more of, be it TV's or cubes or whatever

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't offer to bring anything. Sadly I've been without a cube for the last month due to my trading it in for a Wii . . . and have yet to get a Wii . . . So my play isn't up to speed. I probably will suck @ this tournament.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
joel. Ryan said he wants to tag along saturday and will probably drive. His SUV + Jade driving with his scion = like 4-5 setups

Twiggy

Smash Lord
everyone, don't skimp out on bringing cubes. Just be sure to label your stuff so people don't get anything mixed up.

From the looks of it, we're going to have a good amount of TVs... just don't forget to bring cubes!!! I have a feeling we'll be needing those, moreso than the TVs.

Edit: I just realized something. Details on each of NCs regions smash community.

YGO + Raleigh is like "oh man we have to get better" and play a lot. While TBO is just like "lol wuts smash"

I hear about YGO playing SOOO much on the forums and stuff. And I can vouch for me, brown, dolphin, dollar, and filthy when I say... we only play at tournaments lol.

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
Edit: I just realized something. Details on each of NCs regions smash community.

YGO + Raleigh is like "oh man we have to get better" and play a lot. While TBO is just like "lol wuts smash"

I hear about YGO playing SOOO much on the forums and stuff. And I can vouch for me, brown, dolphin, dollar, and filthy when I say... we only play at tournaments lol.
D*** right! We play every weekend and then some. Looks like somebodies gonna get owned... :laugh: LOLZ!!! To bad i only get to play on the weekends, but now that next semester is coming, it doesnt look like i'll get a chance to play at all. :( I guess i'll start playin something else.

team triforce ftw!!!

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
twig man we dont rly mind if you guys dont play much or not, just be ready come munkaid, and we rly dont play seriously at game crazy neway (thats the only place we even play). I could go without playing and be just as good like you guys if thats what you are saying. Sry us east pplz get bored ez after i get off work its fun till the next morning when i go back and somehow someway we all meet at game crazy like everyday. Life is good though h0lla

Oh and tc why the falcon main lolz ???!

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
why am i even up right now? i should be sleep considering i have to study for 2 exams for thursday and i gots to get me some of that good breakfast. btw who up here plays soul calibur?

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
sry dude i was so good at sc2 i had to quit =( . But yeah ill go to bed now too. Munkaid in 4 dayz cannot wait no longerz!!!

TLOZ

Smash Journeyman
sc2 is alright, but its not better than the 1st or the 3rd. a whole lot of stuff in that games cheap. but yeah, its time 4 me to hit the bed.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
back to dull rzrs. point about the whole film thing, Yes my friend that would be awesome munkaid 4 montage is 2 good to even think about. Awesome idea. Ness is fun character to use ali i may represent him in a match for you i know i will play blood hawk for you and do a secret combo i unlocked from the door deep down in my secret lair where i train. Its too good.

l0zR=)

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
I love all of you =) .. and Lozr ... you may name that secret combo of yours and then teach me it later .. i will be more than happy to add it to the list of blood hawk moves .. i am actually gunna make a smash comic .. like a story of the 6 birds , anyone wants to help theyr more than welcome =)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ah yes. College does seem to find its way into our gaming life. :( Now that i'm returning, it'll be the same as it was originally ~ School, homework, games. But lately I haven't been playing much of anything . . . >_>

I will show you the Right Arm of the Giant! Go Marth!!! Marth for Munk-AID!!!!

*runs into pit of crocs*

DoctorChuk

Smash Apprentice
Well shoot Ali, I didn't know you were leaving for the break.

If I don't see you before then, have a safe trip and be sure to invent some more crazy Falcon moves.

Peace Dawg!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Zio.... has to be perpetually trippin' shrooms.
there's no other explanation.
There's no other high like it. It's like riding a roller coaster . . . without the seat belts. . . or the coaster . . . just the rollers.

rollers???
:)

Buttered rolls. Yum.

*falls off The Bridge of Sanity's Left Eye*

Top Bottom