• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
From what I understood from the Beta:
Assassins are combo oriented and quick, but have little team synergy.
Bruisers are Jack of All Trades
Mages are more specialized in Ranged combat/setting up traps
Tanks are heavyweights
I really don’t **** with any of these descriptors aside from Tanks, because that description actually makes sense.

The rest could definitely be changed. I’d at least change Assassin to Speedster, which is both more accurate to the playstyle and a reference to the DC Comics classification for Speed Force users (The Flash)

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
My thoughts on Jason's moveset after seeing the extended showcase:
I am loving Jason's multiple different grabs. This guy looks our most grappler-like fighter yet. His sleeping bag attack looks like it's basically a cargo throw without jumping options. However, I'm not a huge fan of how slowly it comes out. It doesn't look as practical as his other options. I definitely see Smash D.K. in some of his attacks, namely his spike options, his sleeping bag throw, and his folding bed up smash.

I did not expect the amount of movement options Jason would have. His power-up special that gives him a movement speed boost and super armor looks pretty sick. It looks like it lasts until he either gets hit or uses an amplified attack.

However, the best move in his kit looks to be his teleport attack. While his teleport only seems to go in one direction for a set distance, he can use it quickly, act out of it, and it's crazy how much air mobility he has (I think he can do something like jump + teleport + second jump + teleport). That is pretty insane horizontal recovery plus it lets him follow up with other attacks or specials. If that wasn't crazy enough, when he teleports out he damages nearby enemies and can even K.0. with it.

All in all, I love his moveset and I can't wait to play him.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I really don’t **** with any of these descriptors aside from Tanks, because that description actually makes sense.

The rest could definitely be changed. I’d at least change Assassin to Speedster, which is both more accurate to the playstyle and a reference to the DC Comics classification for Speed Force users (The Flash)
I've always specifically hated the term "Brusier" for all-around characters. A Bruiser should be someone that gets up close and personal.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've always specifically hated the term "Brusier" for all-around characters. A Bruiser should be someone that gets up close and personal.
I hate it vehemently but can’t really think of a decent workaround that isn’t just… all-around. All-Star? I really don’t know.

Putting platform fighter characters in arbitrary classes is already silly enough. I hope at some point in the future they just remove it entirely and let each character have their individual strengths without a forced identity of how they’re “designed” to be played.

Like, Jason has a touch-of-death combo with the bed and continuous up air attacks. You call that just a “tank”?

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I hate it vehemently but can’t really think of a decent workaround that isn’t just… all-around. All-Star? I really don’t know.

Putting platform fighter characters in arbitrary classes is already silly enough. I hope at some point in the future they just remove it entirely and let each character have their individual strengths without a forced identity of how they’re “designed” to be played.

Like, Jason has a touch-of-death combo with the bed and continuous up air attacks. You call that just a “tank”?
Why not just "all-rounder"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Small correction cause i speak spanish

"Hasta el 18 de Julio" means that rift is available till July 18th, meaning that's not the release date of Smith. He should drop before that
Yeah, this is the case. This is the English version of it lol.
Screenshot_20240523-125858~3.png

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I can kinda understand the support class being dropped, but I wish it would've been replaced, because five felt like the perfect number of classes. Maybe a trickster or technical class?

Of course, every character should just play like themselves at the end of the day, and the classes are just generalizations. But it's nice to know the devs are keeping strengths and weaknesses in mind when designing movesets.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently you can get a total of 1150 Gleamium in the battle pass, which is enough to buy the next pass (it costs 900).
Additionally reaching level 15 with a character gives 150 Gleamium, plus there are events to earn the currency.

They are going in after not having any to earn in the beta.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Jason definitely looks like the type of character that would appeal to me most, so hopefully my new computer can run it smoothly (the main reason I didn't do the Open Beta since even Slap City was laggy unless I had the graphics set to the lowest possible setting on my previous computer).

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Four is the right amount of classes and better balances out the Bruiser problem this game has.
Yeah, it's much more balanced now. Bruiser still has the most, of course, but it only has two more than Mage, so it's a lot less egregious.

With the removal of the Support class, these are now the class tallies.

Bruiser (9): Batman, Black Adam, Shaggy, Taz, LeBron James, Jake, Banana Guard, Garnet, Morty

Mage (7): Joker, Velma, Bugs Bunny, Gizmo, Tom and Jerry, Rick, Reindog

Tank (5): Superman, Wonder Woman, Iron Giant, Steven Universe, Jason Voorhees

Assassin (5, possibly 6): Harley, Marvin, Finn, Stripe, Arya Stark, presumably Agent Smith(?)

Faso115

Smash Lord
From what i've seen, the game can't figure out if Steven is a tank or a mage for some reason

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or should Iron Giant and others who will inevitably join that are his size be designated as their own class? Something like the Giant class possibly?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
someone on wikipedia is claiming he is, haven't checked the source mind you
That's why I put presumably. It was listed there and a few other people have been saying it, so it was either hidden in a press release somewhere or was unsourced speculation.

So I put a question mark to be safe lol.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's why I put presumably. It was listed there and a few other people have been saying it, so it was either hidden in a press release somewhere or was unsourced speculation.

So I put a question mark to be safe lol.
id probably do the same tbh

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or should Iron Giant and others who will inevitably join that are his size be designated as their own class? Something like the Giant class possibly?
I wouldn't do that, far too specific and thus would be too small of a class. Size seems to be represented among the smaller tags like "animated" or "sports attire" anyways.

Faso115

Smash Lord
So let's go down memory lane and recall how almost all characters in the history of this game got leaked one way or another

1. * The original leak that confirmed multiversus featured: Batman, Bugs Bunny, Harley Quinn, Jake the dog, Gandalf, Rick, Finn the Human, Wonder Woman, Superman, Reindog, Tom and Jerry, Steven Universe and Shaggy. Rick came later but Gandalf has never seen the light of day
  2. In reveal trailer, Garnet and Arya replaced Rick and Gandalf. I don't think the've ever been leaked?
  3. A datamine occurred during the first closed alpha. The next 3 characters were uncovered that way those being Velma, Taz and Iron Giant
  4. Then we got Lebron, Morty and Rick revealed at comic con. Lebron had voicelines in the datamine so we knew he was coming and Rick was in the original leak. Morty had very few things hinting at his existance but the data was there meaning characters with little "work" can drop earlier than expected
  5. Stripe and Black Adam were also revealed when morty released, with Gizmo dropping in the middle. All 3 characters had data in the game, with gizmo and stripe weirdly enough sharing a slot, potentially indicating they were a duo character. Black Adam is in a similar situation as morty, where his data was small.
  6. Marvin was one of those characters we knew was mostly ready since closed alpha but he was released as a stop-gap in season 2. Jonkler was also meant to release MUCH earlier but he was held off.
  7. And we are here with 3 new characters besides jonkler: Banana Guard, Jason and Agent Smith. Neither had data back in the day (expect banana guard being an assist) but they were leaked one way or another. All 3 thanks to a snafu by PFG were leaked (and some leakers had info on them but we only found out days or even hours before reveal)
So in short, only Arya and Garnet weren't leaked in some way huh

darkvortex

Smash Champion
So let's go down memory lane and recall how almost all characters in the history of this game got leaked one way or another

1. * The original leak that confirmed multiversus featured: Batman, Bugs Bunny, Harley Quinn, Jake the dog, Gandalf, Rick, Finn the Human, Wonder Woman, Superman, Reindog, Tom and Jerry, Steven Universe and Shaggy. Rick came later but Gandalf has never seen the light of day
  2. In reveal trailer, Garnet and Arya replaced Rick and Gandalf. I don't think the've ever been leaked?
  3. A datamine occurred during the first closed alpha. The next 3 characters were uncovered that way those being Velma, Taz and Iron Giant
  4. Then we got Lebron, Morty and Rick revealed at comic con. Lebron had voicelines in the datamine so we knew he was coming and Rick was in the original leak. Morty had very few things hinting at his existance but the data was there meaning characters with little "work" can drop earlier than expected
  5. Stripe and Black Adam were also revealed when morty released, with Gizmo dropping in the middle. All 3 characters had data in the game, with gizmo and stripe weirdly enough sharing a slot, potentially indicating they were a duo character. Black Adam is in a similar situation as morty, where his data was small.
  6. Marvin was one of those characters we knew was mostly ready since closed alpha but he was released as a stop-gap in season 2. Jonkler was also meant to release MUCH earlier but he was held off.
  7. And we are here with 3 new characters besides jonkler: Banana Guard, Jason and Agent Smith. Neither had data back in the day (expect banana guard being an assist) but they were leaked one way or another. All 3 thanks to a snafu by PFG were leaked (and some leakers had info on them but we only found out days or even hours before reveal)
Can't find it but I'm sure there was a resetera post that talked about Arya and Garnet pre reveal

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I'm 100% convinced the Banana Guard "leak" was intentional. The team has to have known how controversial an inclusion it would be, so they "forgot" to remove it from the trailer. That way, people would have time to come to terms with it's inclusion, and hopefully soften up to it. It's like going into a pool slowly, to get used to the temperature, compared to jumping right in.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I'm 100% convinced the Banana Guard "leak" was intentional. The team has to have known how controversial an inclusion it would be, so they "forgot" to remove it from the trailer. That way, people would have time to come to terms with it's inclusion, and hopefully soften up to it. It's like going into a pool slowly, to get used to the temperature, compared to jumping right in.
I honestly believe that too. Those trailer are probably watched by thousand of people before being upload, I really doubt nobody spot it. I think PPG in the Joker trailer could have been intentional too to drive hype at a time there wasn't a lot of news around the game.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I wouldn't do that, far too specific and thus would be too small of a class. Size seems to be represented among the smaller tags like "animated" or "sports attire" anyways.
I mean yea the class would be small, but I think there should be a pretty noticeable way to tell the player “hey this character is big lol.”

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I
I mean yea the class would be small, but I think there should be a pretty noticeable way to tell the player “hey this character is big lol.”
I do see where you're coming from, don't even think it's a bad idea, it I just don't know if there'd be much point to a whole class with like there characters in it (iron giant was very hard to develop apparently, can't see them doing lots of those) but maybe some sort of sub class or marker

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I

I do see where you're coming from, don't even think it's a bad idea, it I just don't know if there'd be much point to a whole class with like there characters in it (iron giant was very hard to develop apparently, can't see them doing lots of those) but maybe some sort of sun class or marker
There's already lil marker tags, I swear Iron Giant has a giant tag too

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
If it's a hyperspecific class with a tiny amount of characters in it then that'd just be a pointless waste of space, too arbitrary and just ruins the balance of classes that we have now. Your idea can be accomplished by giving him a specific tag if they wanna do that, it doesn't really warrant a new class.

Top Bottom