• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Not sure if it will affect roster choice but hey: Foster's home for imaginary friends is getting a new show (alongside Adventure time, Scooby Doo and Regular show, but Adventure time and Scooby Doo are already in the game and Regular show is already heavily discussed so it's less noteworthy). https://x.com/cartoonnetwork/status/1801666915728818646
I remember vague hints papagenos 's hinted at CN rep was Bloo

Updates from the New papa genos video:

the comic apparently has several DC characters who aren't currently planned to be in featured in it, the characters on the covert might not mean anything. confirms star child and witch and Steven and Wicked Witch

Game is getting pets like rival's mascots. Some think Tweety could be one of those

Faso115

Smash Lord
I know papagenos said that he believes Tweety is prob not a fighter, which is a fair guess.

But here's the thing, all the other characters featured in that cover are all playable, the exceptions being Scooby Doo (who was rumored for a while) and Tweety himself.

So why would they be there if they aren't mean to be playable when all other characters in those screens are? I know Tweety is not the most interesting character, but i would write him off just yet.

Im founding the club of Tweety Believers for Season 3

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I know papagenos said that he believes Tweety is prob not a fighter, which is a fair guess.

But here's the thing, all the other characters featured in that cover are all playable, the exceptions being Scooby Doo (who was rumored for a while) and Tweety himself.

So why would they be there if they aren't mean to be playable when all other characters in those screens are? I know Tweety is not the most interesting character, but i would write him off just yet.

Papgenos has said the comic features several characters (he said several dc characters and maybe the other Scooby gang members) appear in the comic. though as for tweety being on the cover above others. yeah that is weird

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Tweety & Sylvester together would be nice.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Sure the pet thing is a thing that could rule out Tweety BUT i say again, the screens feature character who are all playable except 2. Which would suggest they are considered for future characters, otherwise why would they be there?

Also the dc characters are not known and don't show up on the cover, so of course they can be ruled out, that doesn't mean Tweety is not happening.

Also, it also doesn't mean Tweety is by himself, Sylvester could easily join him.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I think that was the plan at one point. pretty sure there's art of future Steven from pre beta stuff
It's funny, I'm not sure which one I would have preferred.

Though Future Steven would make a really easy stop gap semi-clone. Maybe with a stance change into Pink Steven.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I'd rather have no Foster's rep than Bloo imo, he's easily one of the most obnoxious and hateable cartoon characters in history.
not a complete hateable character, some people like him and i think the reasoning for him being bad gets overblown a little.

Edit at 8:13 PM
Look at it this way, you get to kick his ass!
Unless it's a player who's good with Bloo or worse a toxic player.

I remember vague hints papagenos 's hinted at CN rep was Bloo

Updates from the New papa genos video:

the comic apparently has several DC characters who aren't currently planned to be in featured in it, the characters on the covert might not mean anything. confirms star child and witch and Steven and Wicked Witch

Game is getting pets like rival's mascots. Some think Tweety could be one of those
Hmm, tell me more please

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I hope they don't do Tweety, that'd be really stupid. Comics shouldn't be treated as gospel anyway otherwise Future Steven should be the main Steven instead of Classic Steven.
Why would Tweety be stupid?

He's a super popular Looney Tune. He's not my favorite, but he's a sensible choice.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I think tweety would be funny, have a tiny character to parallel the giant character

I know the giant is going through some size related controversies, but still

osby

Smash Obsessed
Tweety is one of my favorite Looney Tunes characters, maybe barring Granny. I never thought he'd have a chance to get in but I'd be beyond hyped if he does.

Plus, he's not that much smaller than say, Gizmo.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Who else just logs in, does their missions, and then leaves at this point?
At this point I just stopped caring about the battle pass. At the end of the day, I play video game to have fun, so I just play whenever and howver I want without caring too much about missions and unlockable. And I have way more fun this way, I love Uber Jason but I'm not going to lose sleep over not unlocking it. What I love about Multiversus is the gameplay, and I'm having a blast with it when you stop taking cosmetics stuff way too seriously. This is a video game, not a full time job, I'm not going to log in daily to do missions I barely care about.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's countless Looney Toons that should be fighters first that could take up years of content and Tweety would be perfect as a mascot. He's too random of a choice over Daffy and countless other characters.
"Random?"

Tweety was like the third most prominent Looney Tune in the late 90s and early 00s. He was a pseudo-mascot for Kids WB. Pretty much the only Looney Tune who would feel off coming after Tweety is Daffy...but the same could also be said of Taz and Marvin.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Yeah, Tweety is easily one of the most popular Looney Tunes on the whole, through heavy merchandising and (in my experience) particularly appeal toward an older audience. Tweety has the grandma market down pat LOL. Obviously that's not who is being targeted with a game like Multiversus, but Tweety has got to be one of the culturally present and highest grossing Looney Tunes characters and that is no small feat.

Does that make him a good addition to Multiversus? Well, I don't really know. I think the "pet" theory suggested earlier holds some weight, if that's going to be a thing. Otherwise I think the novelty of a very small fighter is a welcome addition juxtaposed to how far MVS has been pushing the boundaries thus far. My initial suggestion was Speedy Gonzales, but nothing wrong with Tweety either.

"Random?"

Tweety was like the third most prominent Looney Tune in the late 90s and early 00s. He was a pseudo-mascot for Kids WB. Pretty much the only Looney Tune who would feel off coming after Tweety is Daffy...but the same could also be said of Taz and Marvin.
Yes, he feels like a random and quirky for the sake of quirky addition. Of all characters from WB catalog and you pick a tiny bird is ridiculous especially when his demand is noticeably overshadowed. Him being "iconic and prominent" isn't really exclusive to him nor does it automatically make him a good fighter addition. Especially when the roster is still not fleshed out enough yet.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he feels like a random and quirky for the sake of quirky addition. Of all characters from WB catalog and you pick a tiny bird is ridiculous. Him being "iconic and prominent" isn't really exclusive to him nor does it automatically make him a good addition.
This is a wild thing to say after we got Iron Giant and Tom & Jerry 😭

Also why are we gatekeeping characters from a live service game? That's literally the same as if we started saying stuff such as "oh, King Kong or Ghostface shouldn't be in Fortnite" despite the fact these games are designed to last for as long as possible so they need to add as many characters and seasons as possible to keep it going.

And I doubt that Tweety getting in is gonna lower Daffy's chances at all.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yes, he feels like a random and quirky for the sake of quirky addition. Of all characters from WB catalog and you pick a tiny bird is ridiculous. Him being "iconic and prominent" isn't really exclusive to him nor does it automatically make him a good addition.
I don't even like Tweety but the same argument could be made for pretty much any other character in any other crossover platform fighter.

Of all characters from WB catalog and you pick a rabbit/nerdy girl/cat and mouse/clown is ridiculous.

Of all characters from Nickelodeon catalog and you pick a grandma/beaver/crab is ridiculous.

Of all characters from Nintendo catalog and you pick a plumber/fitness trainer/secretary/potted plant is ridiculous.

This is a wild thing to say after we got Iron Giant and Tom & Jerry 😭

Also why are we gatekeeping characters from a live service game? That's literally the same as if we started saying stuff such as "oh, King Kong or Ghostface shouldn't be in Fortnite" despite the fact these games are designed to last for as long as possible so they need to add as many characters and seasons as possible to keep it going.

And I doubt that Tweety getting in is gonna lower Daffy's chances at all.
Gatekeeping? I just don't want him anytime soon and I find him a dumb choice to prioritize over countless interesting and varied faces. Having a negative opinion on a character choice especially for so early in MVS' lifespan doesn't mean I'm gatekeeping.

I don't even like Tweety but the same argument could be made for pretty much any other character in any other crossover platform fighter.

Of all characters from WB catalog and you pick a rabbit/nerdy girl/cat and mouse/clown is ridiculous.

Of all characters from Nickelodeon catalog and you pick a grandma/beaver/crab is ridiculous.

Of all characters from Nintendo catalog and you pick a plumber/fitness trainer/secretary/potted plant is ridiculous.
All of those are better than Tweety Bird and for Smash, by the time we got to really absurd choices the roster was satisfying and varied enough. It didn't keep doing joke character after bizarre character (even if their inclusions were still controversial). I'm burnt out on "le quirky" picks especially when even in Tweety's own category there's still far more asked for Looney Toons.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Gatekeeping? I just don't want him anytime soon and I find him a dumb choice to prioritize over countless interesting and varied faces.
I say again, Multiversus is a live service game. For as long as It is successful, they will keep adding characters and seasons to keep It going.

There are no priorities with Multiversus, they already said they want to add as many characters as possible. So there's a high chance those interesting and varied characters you want in the game will come as soon as possible.
Idk, I just find It silly as a Fortnite player to get mad at character additions in a free to play live service game.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Gatekeeping? I just don't want him anytime soon and I find him a dumb choice to prioritize over countless interesting and varied faces.

All of those are better than Tweety Bird and for Smash, by the time we got to really absurd choices the roster was satisfying enough (even if their inclusions were still controversial). I'm burnt out on "le quirky" picks especially when even in Tweety's own category there's still far more asked for Looney Toons.
If Tweety gets in, just don't play him then? With the sheer volume of possible characters, you can't expect for every single one to cater to your interests.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
All of those are better than Tweety Bird and for Smash, by the time we got to really absurd choices the roster was satisfying and varied enough. It didn't keep doing joke character after bizarre character (even if their inclusions were still controversial). I'm burnt out on "le quirky" picks especially when even in Tweety's own category there's still far more asked for Looney Toons.
See, that's kind of the thing about crossovers with heavy emphasis on cartoon characters. A lot of the characters are going to feel like joke characters.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I say again, Multiversus is a live service game. For as long as It is successful, they will keep adding characters and seasons to keep It going.

There are no priorities with Multiversus, they already said they want to add as many characters as possible. So there's a high chance those interesting and varied characters you want in the game will come as soon as possible.
Idk, I just find It silly as a Fortnite player to get mad at character additions in a free to play live service game.
Multiversus is not the guaranteed revenue stream that Fortnite is

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Multiversus is not the guaranteed revenue stream that Fortnite is
Yeah, that is the one argument I can kinda see for why you would want your most wanted as early as possible.

But idk, let's say that the game shuts down after 5 seasons. Ok, so the devs can't add more characters... But what about the fan community?

Club Penguin, Toontown, Fusion Fall, Sonic Runners, even Spider-Man Unlimited. All got highly praised fan revivals which not only kept the games alive but also added new content. So that option at least exists.

Idk, maybe I am being too positive, but I don't have any reason to be worried about specific characters not getting in. I feel the most wanted ones will get added eventually and even if a few don't make the cut officially, fans may eventually pick the game where It ended and add them.

And there's loads of other characters thousands of people want before Tweety Bird. Character inclusions still require loads of time and effort. Unlike Fortnite where they're skins and much easier to toss in, I'd prefer for resources to be spent elsewhere for now. Maybe not "never ever" for Tweety Bird but right now, I find him an extremely dumb choice.

Especially when MVS isn't guaranteed to be around for as long for Fortnite.

If Tweety gets in, just don't play him then? With the sheer volume of possible characters, you can't expect for every single one to cater to your interests.
Doesn't mean I can't be critical over the character priority. The fact that there's a sheer volume of chars makes Tweety's inclusion all the more vexing for me. Especially when there's way cooler and more asked for Looney Toons so it's not like he's the only reasonable option outside of Daffy.

Tweety is the type of character you consider a possibility much later when MVS has a robust and satisfying roster already.

See, that's kind of the thing about crossovers with heavy emphasis on cartoon characters. A lot of the characters are going to feel like joke characters.
I don't mind most of the cartoon options. My issue is Tweety being remotely a possibility anytime soon, alongside the "joke feel" you mention there's genuinely cool and interesting characters they could have. Tweety being an immediate priority is too much for me since he's not even a wildly demanded character lmao nor is he the best that Looney Toons can offer. And he doesn't have the excuse of already being made before community feedback was a factor like Taz and Marvin (and even then, they're still more interesting faces than Tweety Bird).

Last edited:
Top Bottom