• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Presenting the City of Townsville:

The Mojo voice lines are peak, though hearing his quips makes me even more sad he isn't playable lol.

IMO, the only thing that would make this stage better is if we heard Tom Kenny announce "The City of Townsville" before the match begins.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Probably. But I don't see PFG prioritizing the Go versions of the titans when it's the comic/OGs that everyone cares about. And the only versions appealing enough to sell skins.
And it would also prevent Nightwing from getting in, as TT and TTG use the Richard Grayson version of Robin. If Robin is getting in it will probably be Damian Wayne, due to them promoting him a lot right now (he's even going to be in an upcoming theatrical Batman movie as a part of the newly revamped DCU).

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
And it would also prevent Nightwing from getting in, as TT and TTG use the Richard Grayson version of Robin. If Robin is getting in it will probably be Damian Wayne, due to them promoting him a lot right now (he's even going to be in an upcoming theatrical Batman movie as a part of the newly revamped DCU).
I think if PFG really wanted to add nightwing they'd just add him without worrying about this too much. It's a multiverse game you can have multiple versions of the same character.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also Mojo Jojo is the very first deconfirmation for this game, as he'll just be a major stage hazard on the Townsville stage.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I imagine all the Robins would be alts. maybe not Steph

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I imagine all the Robins would be alts. maybe not Steph
Well if it's TTG proportions they could probably do steph.

I really don't think they'd do Robin though. If they do a second TT/TTG rep it'll be beastboy/cyborg/starfire imo.

And if they do a THIRD TT/TTG rep... it'll be beastboy/cyborg/starfire.

And if they do a FORTH... You get my point.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Also Mojo Jojo is the very first deconfirmation for this game, as he'll just be a major stage hazard on the Townsville stage.
Setting some general ground rules / expectations, I don't think Multiversus should really be judged on a "disconfirmation" basis because the game will just continue as long as they're allowed to. It's safe to say with this in mind that Mojo Jojo is not currently planned, but it doesn't mean they can't revisit the idea later on. Outside of just toggling the hazard off they already allude to multiversal antics in character dittos that make all of this kind of irrelevant.

I really don't think they'd do Robin though.
Even though I also kind of see them doing someone like Cyborg first (just a hunch, no specific reason) I think Robin is bound to happen. He's got ample clout outside of Teen Titans, and while that's likely the place he'd be pulling from the most he's a legacy DC character who would feel natural next to Batman, Joker and Harley. On that front it might be more productive to stray from the Batman gang for a little bit, because they're playing that hand a bit heavy right now (rightfully so, but you get what I mean).

I do think he probably takes precedent over Starfire or Beast Boy - even though personally, Starfire is probably my favorite of the bunch. Hynden Walch is also one of my favorite VAs so I'd love to get her in as either Star or Princess Bubblegum eventually.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well if it's TTG proportions they could probably do steph.

I really don't think they'd do Robin though. If they do a second TT/TTG rep it'll be beastboy/cyborg/starfire imo.

And if they do a THIRD TT/TTG rep... it'll be beastboy/cyborg/starfire.

And if they do a FORTH... You get my point.
tell that to banana guard

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Yeah, can we NOT do this again?

Mr Krabs is a background character, Chrom is part of Robin's final smash, yet both are playable in their respective games. I really don't want this discussion again about background characters deconfirming playable characters again.

Thank you very much.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Yeah, can we NOT do this again?

Mr Krabs is a background character, Chrom is part of Robin's final smash, yet both are playable in their respective games. I really don't want this discussion again about background characters deconfirming playable characters again.

Thank you very much.
Also, Mojo is exclusively shown in silhouette, which makes me wonder if they're potentially leaving him open to being playable.

ALSO also

Linking your Twitch account to your WB account and watching streamers can bag you some exclusive stuff. Not really crazy about the idea of it being limited time (especially since that's my most wanted Garnet skin) but I guess that's not too hard to do.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They should add Ghostface next because Mojo being present gives them the perfect opportunity to do the obvious joke:

And yes I know that Scream 6 already made a reference to them having the same voice actor.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly, while I do think most of the applicable Teen Titans cast would be their Go forms given the stage...part of me thinks Cyborg may possibly be the exception. If only because DC has pushed him as a core Justice League member since the early 2010s, which may lend more reason for them making Victor either a general DC version or the 2003 version.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Even though I also kind of see them doing someone like Cyborg first (just a hunch, no specific reason) I think Robin is bound to happen. He's got ample clout outside of Teen Titans, and while that's likely the place he'd be pulling from the most he's a legacy DC character who would feel natural next to Batman, Joker and Harley. On that front it might be more productive to stray from the Batman gang for a little bit, because they're playing that hand a bit heavy right now (rightfully so, but you get what I mean).

I do think he probably takes precedent over Starfire or Beast Boy - even though personally, Starfire is probably my favorite of the bunch. Hynden Walch is also one of my favorite VAs so I'd love to get her in as either Star or Princess Bubblegum eventually.
Personally I think after Raven, I think either Starfire or Robin would get priority. I think Cyborg was always one the least popular DC heroes, I don't see him being really high priority and being the next Teen titans. I think Beast boy would be higher priority too, but I feel like he suffer the same problem as Ben 10, which is that a good moveset for him would require lots of differents models and lots of works, so he might come later.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think after Raven, I think either Starfire or Robin would get priority. I think Cyborg was always one the least popular DC heroes, I don't see him being really high priority and being the next Teen titans. I think Beast boy would be higher priority too, but I feel like he suffer the same problem as Ben 10, which is that a good moveset for him would require lots of differents models and lots of works, so he might come later.
Where are you getting the idea Cyborg is "one of the least popular DC heroes"?

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Ok, Steven Universe content is def unexpected if it's happening soon.

Also if something IS happening soon I'm a bit disappointed that nothing seems to be allowed to be surprise with this game. It's either leaked or heavily hinted at by people involved.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok, Steven Universe content is def unexpected if it's happening soon.

Also if something IS happening soon I'm a bit disappointed that nothing seems to be allowed to be surprise with this game. It's either leaked or heavily hinted at by people involved.
Imagine Sakurai teasing the same way Multiversus devs blatantly spoil their own reveal.

Flashback to 2019, and one day he randomly tweets, with the caption picture of Wario holding up his three-finger victory sign:
HOUSES

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
not gonna lie, it feels a bit too early for a third steven universe character. it's a pretty small series in the grand scheme of things, and there are so many other CN series that don't have anything, it feels a bit excessive

That being said i'm biased so i don't care . i love excess.
Spinell Dancing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
not gonna lie, it feels a bit too early for a third steven universe character. it's a pretty small series in the grand scheme of things, and there are so many other CN series that don't have anything, it feels a bit excessive

That being said i'm biased so i don't care . i love excess.
Spinell Dancing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
I've said variations on this before, but it's probably a lot easier to get approval for new characters for IPs you already have access to than new IPs entirely.

It's pretty obvious that Teen Titans Robin will be a skin to another Robin. Unless their combat abilities are so drastically different from my memory, using a legacy Robin then implementing the others through him seems like the easiest, cost effective and most profitable way to do it. Numerous people would buy a Teen Titans variant.

Honestly, while I do think most of the applicable Teen Titans cast would be their Go forms given the stage...part of me thinks Cyborg may possibly be the exception. If only because DC has pushed him as a core Justice League member since the early 2010s, which may lend more reason for them making Victor either a general DC version or the 2003 version.
Why would any of the Titans use their Go forms? It doesn't make sense on every level. The GO designs are just the originals but chibi, using the comic/original show versions is the most profitable and best aligns with every other DC character in the game. They can't make skins of the Go versions the same way they easily could for the original characters.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty obvious that Teen Titans Robin will be a skin to another Robin. Unless their combat abilities are so drastically different from my memory, using a legacy Robin then implementing the others through him seems like the easiest, cost effective and most profitable way to do it. Numerous people would buy a Teen Titans variant.

Why would any of the Titans use their Go forms? It doesn't make sense on every level. The GO designs are just the originals but chibi, using the comic/original show versions is the most profitable and best aligns with every other DC character in the game. They can't make skins of the Go versions the same way they easily could for the original characters.
Well, the stage is clearly based on Go.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, if you want to talk about design alignment, there's a blink and you miss it shot of Silkie in the launch trailer, and it's the Go design.

I don't know. At this point saying they absolutely won't use the Go design feels like pretty massive cope to me, I'll be honest.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If they're going as far as to give a hint in writing, chances are that Steven Universe character might be pretty close on the horizon. Banana Guard was heavily teased on socials before his reveal so maybe we'll be seeing this one come to fruition sooner than later.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock on it being a villain per se, mostly because of the limited options. It's also a bit difficult to classify villains in Steven Universe, just given the nature of the show. Maybe Jasper is the closest thing to a feasible Steven Universe "villain" I can think of, otherwise someone like Spinel would feel a bit odd played up as a bad guy. The movie goes through great lengths to empathize with her and promptly redeem her, so I can't say I'd feel too keen on her squadding up with The Joker and Jason Voorhees. Jasper would feel a bit odd too, but she is characteristically an extremely loyal and misguided soldier.

Reasonably it should probably be Pearl or Amethyst, with my preference skewing slightly toward Pearl. I can see them going in a wackier direction if they feel especially inspired by or personally attached to someone like Spinel or one of the secondary gems like Peridot / Lapis. Banana Guard, however easy it was to make him aside, kind of blows the lid off of any reasonable "hierarchy" of characters a series needs to follow. As long as you got a couple of the most important guys in there, I guess. Breaking this up before the OG Crystal Gems are complete doesn't make a ton of sense but maybe they'll value that variety.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Isn't the hint "we are the crystal gems"? So it's either literally one of the crystal gems or one of the main 4 that sing the theme song (so basically Pearl or Amethyst)

Ignoring that and considering all of the crystal gems, i guess u can count the latter additions. So my gut is telling me Peridot cause that's Tony's favourite.

I mean, if you want to talk about design alignment, there's a blink and you miss it shot of Silkie in the launch trailer, and it's the Go design.

I don't know. At this point saying they absolutely won't use the Go design feels like pretty massive cope to me, I'll be honest.
Silkie's a background detail of a Go themed stage. It using that design doesn't mean too much. It wouldn't make sense to base a stage on Teens Titan Go then use a different Silkie.

Cope? lol. There's more passion and interest in the OG designs than the TTG. All the fan art and internet presence are those designs, TTG itself has spent a lot of its show time joking about it and the Go designs are still the originals but smaller. if PFG were internet and history savvy like they are with everything else, Go is just an objective bad move. The audience goes nuts for the 2003 versions, why else would Go make a movie bringing back the original versions? Everyone knows the fans love them. And makes easier skins, they can easily add comic and alt versions smoothly unlike Go's designs.

Not only that, the definitive point that shuts the cope argument down is this: Dataminers and insiders actively confirmed that Raven is using a comic/03 hybrid design with her design being altered further to resemble her 03 look. This supports their confirmed desire to add appealing characters who can sell good skins. Go Raven is inferior to her original counterpart with that quality.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Silkie's a background detail of a Go themed stage. It using that design doesn't mean too much. It wouldn't make sense to base a stage on Teens Titan Go then use a different Silkie.

Cope? lol. There's more passion and interest in the OG designs than the TTG. All the fan art and internet presence are those designs, TTG itself has spent a lot of its show time joking about it and the Go designs are still the originals but smaller. if PFG were internet and history savvy like they are with everything else, Go is just an objective bad move. The audience goes nuts for the 2003 versions, why else would Go make a movie bringing back the original versions? Everyone knows the fans love them. And makes easier skins, they can easily add comic and alt versions smoothly unlike Go's designs.

Not only that, the definitive point that shuts the cope argument down is this: Dataminers and insiders actively confirmed that Raven is using a comic/03 hybrid design with her design being altered further to resemble her 03 look. This supports their confirmed desire to add appealing characters who can sell good skins. Go Raven is inferior to her original counterpart with that quality.
You're forgetting one thing here, they're beholden to a studio and their mandates. Maybe Raven isn't the Go version, but if WB says they want Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy or Cyborg to be, welp, not much they can do about that. They're not going to say no just because people on the internet hate it, they're probably already in a very precarious situation as it is with Refund Boy running the joint.

I do think they'll probably keep all the DC characters as composite designs for the consistency of them all being from one universe, but if WB wants it, PFG gotta do it.

Faso115

Smash Lord
You're forgetting one thing here, they're beholden to a studio and their mandates. Maybe Raven isn't the Go version, but if WB says they want Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy or Cyborg to be, welp, not much they can do about that. They're not going to say no just because people on the internet hate it, they're probably already in a very precarious situation as it is with Refund Boy running the joint.

I do think they'll probably keep all the DC characters as composite designs for the consistency of them all being from one universe, but if WB wants it, PFG gotta do it.
Nah PFG would NEVER have a studio mandated character in their roster, of course they are going to always favour what fans want.

Black Adam? Who?

I can guarantee you that the studio doesn't care and wouldn't mind acknowledging their history. The Teen Titans are a comic series first after all and the TTG literally featured the original TT stuff lots of times. The only reason WB would force it is if they wanted to erase TT history. If they were hellbent on putting Go over the original pretty sure they wouldn't have signed off on a movie entirely about putting the original Titans back in the spotlight alongside Go.

Reminder that Warner didn't care about them using the OG Black Adam before the movie version. Hell, the movie version was added months later after the designated shilling period. If they were this forceful over specific versions we would've had The Rock over any historical Black Adam content. They were pushing him everywhere why didn't they force PFG's hand? Because they don't care that much. Why would TTG be any different?

And Robin is also more iconic and more shillable if he comes from the Batman series first before any Teen Titans related content so we could write him off from TTG hell too.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I wouldn't put a lot of stock on it being a villain per se, mostly because of the limited options. It's also a bit difficult to classify villains in Steven Universe, just given the nature of the show. Maybe Jasper is the closest thing to a feasible Steven Universe "villain" I can think of, otherwise someone like Spinel would feel a bit odd played up as a bad guy. The movie goes through great lengths to empathize with her and promptly redeem her, so I can't say I'd feel too keen on her squadding up with The Joker and Jason Voorhees. Jasper would feel a bit odd too, but she is characteristically an extremely loyal and misguided soldier.
Obviously SU's villains aren't at the level of Joker or Agent Smith, but I don't think that's too big an issue. You need lower tier guys to act as grunts for the big players, and someone like Peridot or Jasper or Spinel would be pretty good at that. Them being more sympathetic would also be a benefit, because it contrasts with the absolute monsters we're getting this season. It's not like they're saints or anything. Peridot was perfectly fine with blowing up the Earth until she realized she was stranded on it, and Spinel got pretty close to ending all life because she had a grudge against a dead person (Not to go on too much of a tangent, but I think it would be an interesting story if Joker took advantage of Spinel's vulnerability and rage post-garden but pre-movie and turned her into an extremely strong and extremely loyal tool)
1716614478662.png

Hell, Harley shows that a character can be labeled as both a "Hero" and a "Villain", they could easily do the same thing for a SU character.

I really hope they don't spend resources on a random SU character not gonna lie. It'd be much cooler if we got a variety of bigger and better villains instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom