• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figured I'd update my wish list/specifically the top ten. The leftmost column are the ones who've been actively teased by the new launch trailer. The middle column contains the ones we know of from leaks or datamines. And finally the rightmost columns are the six that haven't been teased, leaked, datamined, or hinted at at all.
Multiversus Most Wanted.png

Faso115

Smash Lord
I do hope they have made him way heavier this time

Btw, of the characters teased in the trailer, i can think of Aquaman and Green Lantern being tanks. Hard to come up with tanks if they aren't a super buff big guy huh

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Here's a thought they probably won't do but would be neat

What if they make Dexter a tank by putting him in one of his many mechs
I've been thinking the same thing, and it's gotta be the Dexo-Transformer. It just makes too much sense, and has plenty of appearances to pull moves from.

1716525767323.png

The Robo-Dexo is already a boss in PvE, so that's out.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking the same thing, and it's gotta be the Dexo-Transformer. It just makes too much sense, and has plenty of appearances to pull moves from.

View attachment 389877

The Robo-Dexo is already a boss in PvE, so that's out.
Yeah, ideally I'd prefer mechless Dexter, if only so more alt costumes and taunts can be based on moments from the show, which could be harder with a mech.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Has anyone seen the posts sharing an interview with Tony Hugh? he mentions why the game went on shutdown, what they plan to do to make the game better, the reasons why Jason & Banana Guard were added, aswell as the demand of Walter White.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We never got a moveset video for Banana Guard, did we?
There have been a few people uploading videos of it. As expected, it's an incredibly basic moveset that further lends to the idea that it was a quick asset flip.
Screenshot_20240523-101315~2.png

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
For some reason the Multiversus TV Tropes page has preemptively added a handful of the hinted characters from the launch trailer to their character list.

Can't help but feel that's a bit too soon to do anything like that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For some reason the Multiversus TV Tropes page has preemptively added a handful of the hinted characters from the launch trailer to their character list.

Yeah it definitely is too soon to add anyone based off a hint.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the dev team have about adding in the Foghorn Leghorn memes as their version of smash taunts
People keep bringing up characters that could have codec taunts when that's something not needed in a game with constant character interaction.

To be fair, they're pretty much confirmed thanks to that trailer and marketing materials. And they weren't actually visible on the character list.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, they're pretty much confirmed thanks to that trailer and it's not like they're visible on the page proper.
Well I mean there's still debate on what's a hint and what's not in some cases. Plus, what if a character being hinted at doesn't come out for a really long time? It'd just feel weird to have an empty box on the character page for so long.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I feel like a few of those are probably hints, like the water tower items, but others might be just easter egg like the Green lantern battery who was also in the first cinematic trailer.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I feel like a few of those are probably hints, like the water tower items, but others might be just easter egg like the Green lantern battery who was also in the first cinematic trailer.
I feel like a good chunk of them are, like the green lantern in the titans watchtower. But I'm 100% convinced the robin face is just a Stage element and not indicative of robin being playable

Well I mean there's still debate on what's a hint and what's not in some cases. Plus, what if a character being hinted at doesn't come out for a really long time? It'd just feel weird to have an empty box on the character page for so long.
That's why the edit history mentions that it wasn't just the trailer, it was also marketing material. Scooby has a model in NFL marketing (so not just trailer hints) and Tony outright mentioned working on Marceline and what the fans "hypothetically" wanted to see with her. I'll further clarify, the empty boxes you mention weren't actually visible. No one could see them on the actual page. They're just sitting in the code under the "unknown" category for Agent Smith the other tropers made. It was purely for convenience.

The trailer was very explicit that those hints were subtle confirmation, at least for the WB Safe part. Plus, Powerpuff Girls and Dexter literally have the stages with the former outright being confirmed in Joker's trailer.

I'll reiterate, the empty boxes were thoroughly hidden just for hinted/confirmed characters that weren't revealed officially yet. The loose hints you mentioned like Robin wasn't featured in the TVtropes code, just the datamined and clearly hinted chars.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'll further clarify, the empty boxes you mention weren't actually visible. No one could see them on the actual page. They're just sitting in the code under the "unknown" category for Agent Smith the other tropers made. It was purely for convenience.
Ok then I'm convinced I got a glitch or something, cuz I saw the empty boxes publicly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I feel like a good chunk of them are, like the green lantern in the titans watchtower. But I'm 100% convinced the robin face is just a Stage element and not indicative of robin being playable
This is the one that bothers me lmao. Like with Marceline's axe guitar or the box of Scooby Snacks, neither of those are on the original stages and are purely there in the trailer. Meanwhile Titans Tower is unreleased and the Robin sign is like, VERY OBVIOUSLY a stage element.

Top Bottom