• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I showed this to the Audrey II thread, but I made a Multiversus moveset that acts as a sort-of stance changer!

plants_2~2.jpg
Playstyle: Audrey II is a Tank character, but a rather unconventional one, being a character that needs momentum to grow into a much more potent threat.

That is to say, Audrey II has two movesets, or stances if you prefer. Audrey II starts the fight as a small potted plant, being carried by Seymour, who does most of the movement. However, each attack done by Audrey II that lands on the opponent feeds it some of their blood. Once the meter is filled, Audrey II becomes [SATIATED] and shifts its stance. Now it's a massive, mobile plant monster, while Seymour stays in the background, terrified over what he's wrought.

[SEYMOUR MODE] Moveset

Grounded Neutral Attack - Plant Food: A chargeable attack where Audrey II lunges forward and snaps three times, biting the foe.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Plant Food: The same as on the ground, but not chargeable. This allows Seymour to more easily feed Audrey II in different situations.

Grounded Side Attack - Chop, Chomp, Chomp: Seymour swings his axe down, and then as he moves forward, Audrey II delivers two strong bites.

Aerial Side Attack - Overhead Slice: Seymour swings his axe and sends the foe rocketing down if the axe head connects.

Grounded Up Attack - Zap: Seymour lifts a power cable into the air, zapping whoever's above him.

Aerial Up Attack - Arching Zap: Seymour lifts up a power cable and shocks anyone above him in an arc.

Grounded Down Attack - Clean Sweep: Seymour sweeps the ground ahead of him with a broom, which pushes the foe away just enough to combo into several of Audrey II's biting attacks.

Aerial Down Attack - Broom Beating: Seymour swings his broom down below him.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me, Seymour: Audrey II chomps down hard on a foe, and chews. This acts as a sort of command grab, where after Audrey II is done chewing, it can spit them out in any direction. Using this move when Audrey II is fully [SATIATED] changes the player from [SEYMOUR MODE] to [AUDREY II MODE] for the remainder of the match. Audrey II will grow much larger, exploding out of its pot and sending Seymour into the background. The shrapnel from the exploding flower pot also hurts enemies.

Aerial Neutral Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Side Special - Flit Gun: Seymour sprays an insecticide flit gun and creates a blast of repellent, which helps block incoming projectiles.

Aerial Side Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special - Root Whip - Audrey II snaps one of its roots upwards as a whip, similar to Pikmin Chain.

Aerial Up Special - The same as on the ground, but this can snap back onto the stage.

Grounded Down Special - Feed the Plant: Seymour lets Audrey II chew on his hand. This increases Audrey II's meter, but also damages Seymour more the longer the button is held. A high risk high reward move.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded version.

[AUDREY II MODE]

Grounded Neutral Attack - Vine Barrage: Audrey II produces a chargeable mass of vines that rapidly whip in front of it.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Spreading Vines: Similar to the grounded version, but the vines spread out in a circle around Audrey II instead.

Grounded Side Attack - Nature Calls...: Audrey II shoots out a chargeable, massive vine straight ahead. This move stabs right through projectiles to smash into foes.

Aerial Side Attack - You've Been Had: Audrey II takes a massive vine and slams it down in front of it, meteoring foes caught by it.

Grounded Up Attack - Up Yours: Audrey II lunges straight upwards with a massive bite.

Aerial Up Attack - Backup Buds: Audrey II swings a vine with three small buds attached to it in an arc above it, with all three biting throughout the move.

Grounded Down Attack - Mean Green Mother: Audrey II charges up and shoots out vines from either side of it from the ground, with small buds snapping at foes they hit.

Aerial Down Attack - Change Your Tone: Audrey II takes two large vines and slams them together...like a scissor kick but for something without legs.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me!: Very similar to the neutral special from [SEYMOUR MODE], but does significantly more damage, and, if successful, gives Audrey II more [ARMOR]. Using this move while grounded next to Seymour will have Audrey II [EAT SEYMOUR] to regain 30% health. This can only be done once per game, as Seymour is now gone. After Seymour is eaten, Audrey II can also spit out his glasses as a strong, one-time [Projectile].

Grounded Side Special - Mean and Green: Audrey II aims a reticle across the ground, which can be moved by the player. Upon release, a massive vine shoots out of the desired spot. This vine acts as an [ARMORED WALL] that can stop projectiles. If the vine connects with a foe instead, it acts as a [COMMAND GRAB], and you can either flick them away, or throw them back toward Audrey II's mouth, which combos into Neutral Special.

Aerial Side Special - From Outer Space: Audrey II shoots out its roots toward the stage. This can be aimed. Once the vines connect to either the stage or a foe, Audrey II rockets down toward the target, doing heavy damage on impact.

Grounded Up Special - Cascading Roots: Similar to the up special in [SEYMOUR MODE], but much stronger, as longer, larger roots are used.

Aerial Up Special - Same as grounded variant, but can cling to walls like a creeping vine.

Grounded Down Special - Don't You Threaten Me: Audrey II pulls out a gun, twirls it, and shoots a shot diagonally down in front of itself. If it hits nothing, it gains a [Ricochet] effect.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Passive Abilities: Audrey II takes significantly less damage from [Projectiles], and can heal 30% health once per match by eating Seymour. Audrey II can create an armored vine wall to aid allies, and can add armor to itself with Neutral Special.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I showed this to the Audrey II thread, but I made a Multiversus moveset that acts as a sort-of stance changer!

Playstyle: Audrey II is a Tank character, but a rather unconventional one, being a character that needs momentum to grow into a much more potent threat.

That is to say, Audrey II has two movesets, or stances if you prefer. Audrey II starts the fight as a small potted plant, being carried by Seymour, who does most of the movement. However, each attack done by Audrey II that lands on the opponent feeds it some of their blood. Once the meter is filled, Audrey II becomes [SATIATED] and shifts its stance. Now it's a massive, mobile plant monster, while Seymour stays in the background, terrified over what he's wrought.

[SEYMOUR MODE] Moveset

Grounded Neutral Attack - Plant Food: A chargeable attack where Audrey II lunges forward and snaps three times, biting the foe.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Plant Food: The same as on the ground, but not chargeable. This allows Seymour to more easily feed Audrey II in different situations.

Grounded Side Attack - Chop, Chomp, Chomp: Seymour swings his axe down, and then as he moves forward, Audrey II delivers two strong bites.

Aerial Side Attack - Overhead Slice: Seymour swings his axe and sends the foe rocketing down if the axe head connects.

Grounded Up Attack - Zap: Seymour lifts a power cable into the air, zapping whoever's above him.

Aerial Up Attack - Arching Zap: Seymour lifts up a power cable and shocks anyone above him in an arc.

Grounded Down Attack - Clean Sweep: Seymour sweeps the ground ahead of him with a broom, which pushes the foe away just enough to combo into several of Audrey II's biting attacks.

Aerial Down Attack - Broom Beating: Seymour swings his broom down below him.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me, Seymour: Audrey II chomps down hard on a foe, and chews. This acts as a sort of command grab, where after Audrey II is done chewing, it can spit them out in any direction. Using this move when Audrey II is fully [SATIATED] changes the player from [SEYMOUR MODE] to [AUDREY II MODE] for the remainder of the match. Audrey II will grow much larger, exploding out of its pot and sending Seymour into the background. The shrapnel from the exploding flower pot also hurts enemies.

Grounded Side Special - Flit Gun: Seymour sprays an insecticide flit gun and creates a blast of repellent, which helps block incoming projectiles.

Aerial Side Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Grounded Up Special - Root Whip - Audrey II snaps one of its roots upwards as a whip, similar to Pikmin Chain.

Aerial Up Special - The same as on the ground, but this can snap back onto the stage.

Grounded Down Special - Feed the Plant: Seymour lets Audrey II chew on his hand. This increases Audrey II's meter, but also damages Seymour more the longer the button is held. A high risk high reward move.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded version.

[AUDREY II MODE]

Grounded Neutral Attack - Vine Barrage: Audrey II produces a chargeable mass of vines that rapidly whip in front of it.

Aerial Neutral Attack - Spreading Vines: Similar to the grounded version, but the vines spread out in a circle around Audrey II instead.

Grounded Side Attack - Nature Calls...: Audrey II shoots out a chargeable, massive vine straight ahead. This move stabs right through projectiles to smash into foes.

Aerial Side Attack - You've Been Had: Audrey II takes a massive vine and slams it down in front of it, meteoring foes caught by it.

Grounded Up Attack - Up Yours: Audrey II lunges straight upwards with a massive bite.

Aerial Up Attack - Backup Buds: Audrey II swings a vine with three small buds attached to it in an arc above it, with all three biting throughout the move.

Grounded Down Attack - Mean Green Mother: Audrey II charges up and shoots out vines from either side of it from the ground, with small buds snapping at foes they hit.

Aerial Down Attack - Change Your Tone: Audrey II takes two large vines and slams them together...like a scissor kick but for something without legs.

Grounded Neutral Special - Feed Me!: Very similar to the neutral special from [SEYMOUR MODE], but does significantly more damage, and, if successful, gives Audrey II more [ARMOR]. Using this move while grounded next to Seymour will have Audrey II [EAT SEYMOUR] to regain 30% health. This can only be done once per game, as Seymour is now gone. After Seymour is eaten, Audrey II can also spit out his glasses as a strong, one-time [Projectile].

Grounded Side Special - Mean and Green: Audrey II aims a reticle across the ground, which can be moved by the player. Upon release, a massive vine shoots out of the desired spot. This vine acts as an [ARMORED WALL] that can stop projectiles. If the vine connects with a foe instead, it acts as a [COMMAND GRAB], and you can either flick them away, or throw them back toward Audrey II's mouth, which combos into Neutral Special.

Aerial Side Special - From Outer Space: Audrey II shoots out its roots toward the stage. This can be aimed. Once the vines connect to either the stage or a foe, Audrey II rockets down toward the target, doing heavy damage on impact.

Grounded Up Special - Cascading Roots: Similar to the up special in [SEYMOUR MODE], but much stronger, as longer, larger roots are used.

Aerial Up Special - Same as grounded variant, but can cling to walls like a creeping vine.

Grounded Down Special - Don't You Threaten Me: Audrey II pulls out a gun, twirls it, and shoots a shot diagonally down in front of itself. If it hits nothing, it gains a [Ricochet] effect.

Aerial Down Special - Same as the grounded variant.

Passive Abilities: Audrey II takes significantly less damage from [Projectiles], and can heal 30% health once per match by eating Seymour. Audrey II can create an armored vine wall to aid allies, and can add armor to itself with Neutral Special.
better wait a minute, better hold the phone

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Who actually owns the rights to the Little Shop of Horrors? I found out it was based on a musical which was in turn based on another movie, but I couldn't find a definitive answer on who actually owns the IP

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Who actually owns the rights to the Little Shop of Horrors? I found out it was based on a musical which was in turn based on another movie, but I couldn't find a definitive answer on who actually owns the IP
The original movie is public domain as the filmmaker didn’t think it’d be a financial success.

The 1986 movie (based on the musical) is Warner Bros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The original movie is public domain as the filmmaker didn’t think it’d be a financial success.

The 1986 movie (based on the musical) is Warner Bros.
The rights to the musical itself are owned by MTI so they'd likely at the very least need to be consulted, but securing those rights also shouldn't be very hard at all. Thankfully it probably wouldn't be a case like The Lord of the Rings and everything with Gandalf falling through.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The rights to the musical itself are owned by MTI so they'd likely at the very least need to be consulted, but securing those rights also shouldn't be very hard at all. Thankfully it probably wouldn't be a case like The Lord of the Rings and everything with Gandalf falling through.
They’ll likely need permission from Rick Moranis to use his likeness.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They’ll likely need permission from Rick Moranis to use his likeness.
That's also true! I was thinking mostly about IP rights, but yeah, likeness rights are absolutely going to have to be a thing for basically any live action character, or at least ones with still-living actors.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Reports are coming in that Warner Bros Discovery is in talks to merge with Paramount Global.

First off, why?

Second, assuming such a thing were to occur (or even if it falls apart) what are some Paramount characters you would want to see in a Paramount Multiversus style game? Nickelodeon characters are eligible.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Reports are coming in that Warner Bros Discovery is in talks to merge with Paramount Global.

First off, why?

Second, assuming such a thing were to occur (or even if it falls apart) what are some Paramount characters you would want to see in a Paramount Multiversus style game? Nickelodeon characters are eligible.
Both are the last remaining from Golden Age's Big Five. Meaningful, right?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

First off, why?

I'd definitely love South park characters! Give me Cartman, Randy and Butters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

First off, why?

Genuinely? None.

The game already has enough cohesion issues as it is juggling all of the Warner Bros. IP and doing right by all of the current segments of the company. Adding in Paramount, especially when it means the fanbase will just gravitate to Nickelodeon spam despite NASB being right there, would just make it even more of a mess.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
We'll see if this even go-ahead. Talks haven't officially started yet and with wb have g only just done a merger a few years ago the FCC might knock this back. and if if does happen it will likely take years

in terms of paramount characters for MVS I guess spongebob (I'd prefer them to keep NaSB but it'd be to. To have him with the CN icons) Tmnt, Avatar stuff, South Park, Transfomers and star Trek feel like the ones they wouldw actually do

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

First off, why?

I think it would be really funny if they added characters from NCIS. They would make so much money from the "my parents" demographic.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

First off, why?

Why? Because ****ing up WB enough to sell off to another studio was very likely Zaslav's plan all along.

I'd hope we keep Nick stuff to NASB, if we gotta, then sure, Spongebob, Aang, Ninja Turtles and Garfield would fit best.
But it'd be the perfect opportunity to use South Park characters, Beavis and Butthead, Star Trek, Transformers etc, stuff that wouldn't make it to NASB.

If I'm honest, if it came to a WB meets Paramount game... I'd rather the NASB guys handle it. NASB2 alone is a better game than MVS,

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why? Because ****ing up WB enough to sell off to another studio was very likely Zaslav's plan all along.

I'd hope we keep Nick stuff to NASB, if we gotta, then sure, Spongebob, Aang, Ninja Turtles and Garfield would fit best.
But it'd be the perfect opportunity to use South Park characters, Beavis and Butthead, Star Trek, Transformers etc, stuff that wouldn't make it to NASB.

If I'm honest, if it came to a WB meets Paramount game... I'd rather the NASB guys handle it. NASB2 alone is a better game than MVS,
I really hope the old antitrust laws kick in immediately

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't know if Zas would still be there if this goes through, but holy **** I would not be able to handle it if he was put in charge of another archive of animated content.
Yeah. He would basically be in charge of 2 of the big 3 animated channels in the US.

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice

First off, why?

Dexter vs Jimmy Neutron will be a epic battle

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

First off, why?

Optimus Prime from Transformers, Maybe Megatron and....Spongebob?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At this point I highly doubt the game will even released in early 2024. Looks like we're going to have more news in early 2024, and an actual release in the summer, unless they're planning to pretty much shadow drop it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm glad they're doing actual big marketing with the McDonald stuff... But I don't get why they're doing it this early. It would have make way more sense imo to do that when the game would be playable and more characters were annonced.

Oh well, hopefully it means that actual news are coming soon. If anything the new character renders look better, especially Steven and WW.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm glad they're doing actual big marketing with the McDonald stuff... But I don't get why they're doing it this early. It would have make way more sense imo to do that when the game would be playable and more characters were annonced.

Oh well, hopefully it means that actual news are coming soon. If anything the new character renders look better, especially Steven and WW.
Honestly...given how often things for this game have gotten delayed, this may have actually BEEN planned to be post-reannouncement, but then the relaunch announcement got internally delayed, while being unable to delay the McDonald's tie in due to branding deals and licensing agreements.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Honestly...given how often things for this game have gotten delayed, this may have actually BEEN planned to be post-reannouncement, but then the relaunch announcement got internally delayed, while being unable to delay the McDonald's tie in due to branding deals and licensing agreements.
This happened with the Mario movie aswell, so it makes sense.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
they did? i never noticed
This was due to a petition from two kid eco-warriors, who were annoyed at the lack of recyclable-ness.

And good on them, we all need to be working on cutting down on the amount of plastic we use.

McDonald's will transition all of its Happy Meal toys to products made from renewable, recycled or certified materials by 2025.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It also appears that there will be 24 cards in total to collect. However, at the time the game was shut down it only had a total roster of 23, and I think that some characters might be absent due to mature content (like Rick and Morty) so we might actually have unrevealed characters be revealed here.

Donaldtoon

Smash Apprentice
It also appears that there will be 24 cards in total to collect. However, at the time the game was shut down it only had a total roster of 23, and I think that some characters might be absent due to mature content (like Rick and Morty) so we might actually have unrevealed characters be revealed here.
If there a unrevealead character definitely would be Joker

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Based on the images shown, some characters have multiple cards.

The most likely case is that this was actually planned back during Season 1...out of the missing characters, Marvin is not only the only one without a clear reason for absence, but he's also the only season two character in general.

Which makes it super awkward because it means this wasn't intended to tie into a relaunch...this was likely in the works prior to them shutting down the game. They genuinely thought it would still be relevant by this point.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I've seen a theory that this was a pre planned thing, they likey cancelled it in the us \ UK \ etc when the game shut down, but forgot to do it overseas for whatever reason

Last edited:
Top Bottom