• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet
GDajd6oW8AIZht4.jpg
Predictions of new characters day one, three characters from already rep series and three from new series perfectly balanced

Attachments

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
They’d be better off releasing Pickle Rick with four or five other characters than on his own, for sure. I just hope the roster of newcomers around him is good enough to make the difference.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Baseless speculation on my end, but based on who this is and what they're saying, my current theory is that third parties/non-WB characters are off the table. That would fit pretty well as a possible explanation for this.

Though it's so vague it may as well be a Rorschach test lmao.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Baseless speculation on my end, but based on who this is and what they're saying, my current theory is that third parties/non-WB characters are off the table. That would fit pretty well as a possible explanation for this.

Though it's so vague it may as well be a Rorschach test lmao.
WB’s current leadership has done a bang up job burning every single possible bridge with the rest of the entertainment industry so this affecting MVS’s chances of non-WB characters in the roster is hardly surprising.
Given what was teased in the past, Walter White probably was planned but negotiations fell apart amongst the Zaslaving.

I get the feeling that there’s more to it though than just a lack of Heisenberg, and the OP implies as much. Maybe the relaunch roster is very disappointing in some way or the amount of content is just as bare bones as it was before the shut down.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
If this means MultiVersus wont get any third-party characters, then I'm not really too upset about that.

Sure, third-parties would be fun, but Warner Bros. has a lot of stuff to work with, so I'll be fine if they currently don't allow third-parties.

And who knows, maybe they'll change their mind later on.

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet
Im okay if third parties would take so long Super Smash Bros did not had ones until the third entry, althought im thinking on the possibility he see some less requested and very unexpected characters kinda similar on the info of the dlc from Nickelodeon All Star Brawl 2

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet
Sorry got distracted by someone's series of pictures with Fortnite Peter Griffin.

But really!? Steamboat Willie? How will disney feel about it and most importantly....

HOW WILL WILLIE WORK AS A SKIN!?
Mickey with a normal human body

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

According to this video, Pokemon was meant to appear in the film in a cut scene and the pokemon execs actually liked it. But it was cut of course.

Man, Pokemon would had appeared in a Looney Tunes movie huh. Also Ash for Multiversus maybe? lol

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

According to this video, Pokemon was meant to appear in the film in a cut scene and the pokemon execs actually liked it. But it was cut of course.

Man, Pokemon would had appeared in a Looney Tunes movie huh. Also Ash for Multiversus maybe? lol
My disappointment that this did not happen is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'd believe it if Invincible wasn't there. They don't own the IP and it's on a rival streaming service (a more successful one at that). There's also the fact they don't own Barbie but that's a tad more believable considering they were the film studio behind the film, though I feel like it's a case of "missing the point" to put someone from said film into a silly fighting game.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
To be fair Amazon don't own the invincible up fully. The comic is creator owned and omni man was in the WB punished MK1. Still don't think it's real though

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'd believe it if Invincible wasn't there. They don't own the IP and it's on a rival streaming service (a more successful one at that). There's also the fact they don't own Barbie but that's a tad more believable considering they were the film studio behind the film, though I feel like it's a case of "missing the point" to put someone from said film into a silly fighting game.
Plus it's missing the Wicked Witch of the West, the Joker, and Beetlejuice, who according to the files are all pretty much done. I believe that those three will absolutely be a part of the relaunch on Day 1.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Ken being added over Barbie would be disappointing, but not surprising considering how much he's overshadowed her in movie-related stuff like doll releases.
And especially the Academy Awards, where Ryan Gosling got a nomination for Best Supporting Actor while Margot Robbie was not nominated for Best Actress.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Genos saying he knows of some launch characters, and seems to imply there're not just the ones we know about, but won't say till the game is 're-revealed (he says he has no idea on when that will be)

Top Bottom