• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

darkvortex

Smash Lord
There's no suitable character in the datamines. And I believe that all of the new characters we're getting at the launch of the new version are ones that have already been datamined.
you do know it doesn't have to be form the datamines. They've been working on this for months now behind the scenes with no way for anyone to datamine, could be anyone?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I really hope they show more of the game at the Game awards. It just feel like the perfect opportunity with the relaunch being planned for early 2024 and the game wining best fighting game last year. Imo it would be a huge misopportunity to not show anything. I'm just done with the Twitter teasing and the "I swear we're still cooking". Just show like 1 new characters at the Game awards with a better launch window and I'll be happy.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I really hope they show more of the game at the Game awards. It just feel like the perfect opportunity with the relaunch being planned for early 2024 and the game wining best fighting game last year. Imo it would be a huge misopportunity to not show anything. I'm just done with the Twitter teasing and the "I swear we're still cooking". Just show like 1 new characters at the Game awards with a better launch window and I'll be happy.
Agreed. They were doing the "Wait and see, we're cooking!" thing well before the shutdown and relaunch announcement, so frankly, I need to see some tangible evidence they're doing anything over there.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
And I'm still surprised it truly hasn't.

Honestly, I don't give this game much more faith in going on.
Yeah at this point I don't think it's ever going to be as big as the first few months of beta. I do think it can have a strong following if the relaunch is done right thanks to the game being free and WB huge library of characters, but I don't see the game being huge in the long term. I think it could have a bigger following than Nasb, but not that much more than that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The fact that this game is getting Happy Meal toys of all things suggests that WB is really putting a lot of faith into this game, and I hope it works out.

My editor and I have been tirelessly working on getting this bad boy out over the last several weeks. I'd love it if you guys gave it a watch and hit me with some (respectful) feedback.

First things first: Your voice is very soothing to listen to and easy to understand. That makes me want to watch the rest of the video to hear what you have to say.

Now for the character discussion. I wholeheartedly agree with your cuts. Taz, Stripe, Morty, Black Adam, and Lebron should wait a while before getting the invitation. Hopefully later than sooner in Lebron's case. Despite that, I would actually think Morty should be more on Taz's level of "could be brought back after a fuller roster", rather than being a background cameo. Even as someone who's never seen the show, I have a feeling you can do something unique with the titular deutragonist.

As for the characters you did include as newcomers, I think you did a great job with them. Daffy Duck, Raven, Samurai Jack, Fred Flintstone, King Kong, Ben Tennyson, Scorpion, Willy Wonka, The Wicked Witch, Ruby Rose, Gandalf, and even Hermoine make up a cast of absolute no-brainers for this base roster. I'd even say it makes the five you managed to cut look even MORE like business-focused deadweight. Specifically, your takes on Daffy and Ben are quite good.

Your stage additions are just as fun as the new characters. My personal favorites are the Empire State Building with its 30s film reel aesthetic, The Cat Concerto, Titans Tower, and Rock Vegas. The last one took some research to see if it was actually in the original Flintstones show, but turns out it is, so I'm cool with it.

In your take on Season 1, we have Aquaman, Beetlejuice, Brock Samson, Wile E. Coyote, Dean Winchester, and Weiss Schnee. A major facet of DC history, one of the all-time best Looney Tunes, a 2000's Adult Swim rep, a second RWBY rep, and the introductions of Beetlejuice and Supernatural into the MultiVersus universe. I'd gravitate towards Aquaman, Beetlejuice, and Wile E. first, but Brock and Dean would make their fans extremely happy while filling in some particular niches. And while I'm not as aware of Rooster Teeth as the next online user, including another fighter from RWBY does take advantage of the game's gimmick of 2v2 matchups.

Season 2 includes Sam Winchester, The Powerpuff Girls, The Joker, Aragorn, Dexter, and Pennywise. Honestly, the biggest issue I have with this is having all three Powerpuffs share a single slot. But like Daggett and Norbert, I guess your portrayal of how they'd fight is better than nothing, also like Daggett and Norbert. The other fighters are absolutely good, like The Joker, Dexter, and Pennywise.

The third and final season you have in your video chooses to go out with a bang with Neo, Green Lantern, the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Kevin Levin, KO, and Kramer. I'm not mad with your interpretation on the ATHF, a Matrix character is long overdue, and KO fits as well here as Scorpion did in the base game. The problem? With how you were hyping up Kramer, I legit thought it was going to end on Steve Urkel, as you can apply your hints to the poster child of TGIF the same way you did for Seinfeld's friend.

One final note on the characters, once I've seen the full roster thus far: Somehow, the roster alignment just flows with relative ease. DC characters occupying the top left corner, Cartoon Network characters acting as the rest of the top border, Hermoine being placed between Bugs and Shaggy, Sam and Dean taking up their own row entirely, etc.

Now, would I have loved to see more characters? Absolutely. In fact, going five seasons without Scooby-Doo in any of the roster slots is becoming a cardinal sin that should have been rectified a long time ago. Getting Courage before Scooby should be a sign of concern IMO.

But, to answer your initial question, I'd say this is a vast improvement over the roster we actually have.

Sorry for the long reply, but I tend to do that sometimes.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
First things first: Your voice is very soothing to listen to and easy to understand. That makes me want to watch the rest of the video to hear what you have to say.

Now for the character discussion. I wholeheartedly agree with your cuts. Taz, Stripe, Morty, Black Adam, and Lebron should wait a while before getting the invitation. Hopefully later than sooner in Lebron's case. Despite that, I would actually think Morty should be more on Taz's level of "could be brought back after a fuller roster", rather than being a background cameo. Even as someone who's never seen the show, I have a feeling you can do something unique with the titular deutragonist.

As for the characters you did include as newcomers, I think you did a great job with them. Daffy Duck, Raven, Samurai Jack, Fred Flintstone, King Kong, Ben Tennyson, Scorpion, Willy Wonka, The Wicked Witch, Ruby Rose, Gandalf, and even Hermoine make up a cast of absolute no-brainers for this base roster. I'd even say it makes the five you managed to cut look even MORE like business-focused deadweight. Specifically, your takes on Daffy and Ben are quite good.

Your stage additions are just as fun as the new characters. My personal favorites are the Empire State Building with its 30s film reel aesthetic, The Cat Concerto, Titans Tower, and Rock Vegas. The last one took some research to see if it was actually in the original Flintstones show, but turns out it is, so I'm cool with it.

In your take on Season 1, we have Aquaman, Beetlejuice, Brock Samson, Wile E. Coyote, Dean Winchester, and Weiss Schnee. A major facet of DC history, one of the all-time best Looney Tunes, a 2000's Adult Swim rep, a second RWBY rep, and the introductions of Beetlejuice and Supernatural into the MultiVersus universe. I'd gravitate towards Aquaman, Beetlejuice, and Wile E. first, but Brock and Dean would make their fans extremely happy while filling in some particular niches. And while I'm not as aware of Rooster Teeth as the next online user, including another fighter from RWBY does take advantage of the game's gimmick of 2v2 matchups.

Season 2 includes Sam Winchester, The Powerpuff Girls, The Joker, Aragorn, Dexter, and Pennywise. Honestly, the biggest issue I have with this is having all three Powerpuffs share a single slot. But like Daggett and Norbert, I guess your portrayal of how they'd fight is better than nothing, also like Daggett and Norbert. The other fighters are absolutely good, like The Joker, Dexter, and Pennywise.

The third and final season you have in your video chooses to go out with a bang with Neo, Green Lantern, the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Kevin Levin, KO, and Kramer. I'm not mad with your interpretation on the ATHF, a Matrix character is long overdue, and KO fits as well here as Scorpion did in the base game. The problem? With how you were hyping up Kramer, I legit thought it was going to end on Steve Urkel, as you can apply your hints to the poster child of TGIF the same way you did for Seinfeld's friend.

One final note on the characters, once I've seen the full roster thus far: Somehow, the roster alignment just flows with relative ease. DC characters occupying the top left corner, Cartoon Network characters acting as the rest of the top border, Hermoine being placed between Bugs and Shaggy, Sam and Dean taking up their own row entirely, etc.

Now, would I have loved to see more characters? Absolutely. In fact, going five seasons without Scooby-Doo in any of the roster slots is becoming a cardinal sin that should have been rectified a long time ago. Getting Courage before Scooby should be a sign of concern IMO.

But, to answer your initial question, I'd say this is a vast improvement over the roster we actually have.

Sorry for the long reply, but I tend to do that sometimes.
You have nothing to be sorry for, I love that I brought out a long response, that fact I was able to bring you enough joy and pique your interest to keep watching is a huge compliment! My editor is a wizard. I gave him the directions, he translated it beautifully.

In regards to Morty he was simply just a casualty of "he's not a great representation of himself imo" and that I felt other series could warrant a fighter before Morty, but I definitely agree that he should come back, though I don't think he should be a Bruiser. If I ever do a part 2 where I go Ultimate sized? He's definitely one of the first up to return.

Steve would also be a hilarious character include, though I ultimately just really love Seinfeld and I've never heard anyone talk about it for MvS, and when I found out it was owned, I was sold. I could've honestly done George as well, he's almost just as memeble, but I just like Kramer a little better.

You have nothing to be sorry for, I love that I brought out a long response, that fact I was able to bring you enough joy and pique your interest to keep watching is a huge compliment! My editor is a wizard. I gave him the directions, he translated it beautifully.

In regards to Morty he was simply just a casualty of "he's not a great representation of himself imo" and that I felt other series could warrant a fighter before Morty, but I definitely agree that he should come back, though I don't think he should be a Bruiser. If I ever do a part 2 where I go Ultimate sized? He's definitely one of the first up to return.

Steve would also be a hilarious character include, though I ultimately just really love Seinfeld and I've never heard anyone talk about it for MvS, and when I found out it was owned, I was sold. I could've honestly done George as well, he's almost just as memeble, but I just like Kramer a little better.
Thanks for your fondness for how long my response is. I guess a 45-minute video deserves something as long.

Glad to see that. And if you do make a Part 2, PLEASE add Scooby-Doo to the roster! I beg of you!

Either George or Kramer could have worked, since Jerry himself would have fallen under Lebron territory.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Thanks for your fondness for how long my response is. I guess a 45-minute video deserves something as long.

Glad to see that. And if you do make a Part 2, PLEASE add Scooby-Doo to the roster! I beg of you!

Either George or Kramer could have worked, since Jerry himself would have fallen under Lebron territory.
In a bigger sized roster, I would absolutely do both. George and Kramer are the best parts of Seinfeld.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So I just watched Wonka yesterday and I didn't liked that much the movie, but man I just think that Wonka could have such a fun moveset. I imagine him being a support character with his basic moves being with his canes, and his special is him throwing chocolates and giving buffs to himself and allies (like flying) or debuffs to enemies (like transforming them into blueberries). Oompa Loompa would be part of his moveset too and The chocolate factory could make an amazing stages with Chocolate waterfall and Candy canes... but don't fall in the chocolate or you'll be stuck in the pipe.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
So I just watched Wonka yesterday and I didn't liked that much the movie, but man I just think that Wonka could have such a fun moveset. I imagine him being a support character with his basic moves being with his canes, and his special is him throwing chocolates and giving buffs to himself and allies (like flying) or debuffs to enemies (like transforming them into blueberries). Oompa Loompa would be part of his moveset too and The chocolate factory could make an amazing stages with Chocolate waterfall and Candy canes... but don't fall in the chocolate or you'll be stuck in the pipe.
Player First Games while making the attack: The Writer's Barely-Disguised Fetish

darkvortex

Smash Lord
For what it's worth. We have a few signs of a return soon

• They've added updates to the steam db including new langue options
  • They've unpinned the season 2 tweet and removed the section from the website, possibly to make room for a new one
  • A threads account for the game has been made (but we don't know when this was made)
  • There is the leaked McDonalds premonition which uses new renders
  • Several voice actors have hinted at something soon
  • Melee legend Mango has said he knows people who have played the new version

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
For what it's worth. We have a few signs of a return soon

• They've added updates to the steam db including new langue options
  • They've unpinned the season 2 tweet and removed the section from the website, possibly to she room for a new s one
  • There is the leaked McDonalds premonition which uses new renders
  • Several voice actors have hinted at something cooking
  • Melee legend Mango has said he knows people who have played the new version
Which VAs in particular? Might give us a hint on who could be coming in the future.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently the site for the Mcdonalds Multiversus promo was found.
Looks like it’s Happy Meal collectables. Stickers, Puzzles, etc.
Also new Taz and Tom & Jerry Renders

darkvortex

Smash Lord
the current sonic McDonalds tie in in one of the countries ends on the 2nd of Jan apparently. We could be looking at a reveal soon.

Top Bottom