• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
going with the first number that popped into my head, 3 and a half
Unironically this could happen, depending on how much Pickle Rick takes from Base Rick, considering he apparently used to be a costume.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
People on X/Twitter are reporting that the official X/Twitter account for the game recently got affiliated with the official WB Games account. It must’ve have been very recently, as someone pointed out it wasn’t there last week.

Now, I’m not saying news is imminent, but it is nice for the account to go from “nothing” to “affiliated with the WB Games account”

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Got bored so I decided to redo my top 10 most wanted characters list. One restriction I had was to ignore all leaks:

1. Ed, Edd, and Eddy (either separate (If only one Ed gets in I hope for Edd) or together)
2. Any character from The Wizard of Oz
3. Gilligan (Gilligan’s Island)
4. Ruby Rose (RWBY)
5. The Robotron 2084 Hero
6. Starfire (DC Comics, can be any version)
7. Neo (The Matrix)
8. Ace Ventura
9. Kayley (Quest for Camelot)
10. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Even this Starfire?
1698583545121.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So we have a small hint for a future character.

View attachment 380155

To be honest there's a lot of possibility, but if I really had to guess the first that come to mind would be either Atrocitus or Yosemite Sam.
Maybe Daffy Duck?

He constantly expresses anger in the classic Looney Tunes shorts.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Wow Pesto, I can't believe you're in Multiversus."

"...Whaddaya mean by that?"

"You know, you're in Multiversus!"

"I'm in Multiversus? Are you sayin' I'm part of an overused storytellin' trope used by Hollywood in their superhero films? Are you sayin' I'm a result of the corporate suits bankin' on nostalgia to make a quick buck because they're afraid'a actually makin' somethin' new? Is that what you're sayin'?!"

"No, no! I'm just sayin' you're a fighter in Multiversus now!"

"I'm in Multiversus?"

"Yeah!"

"THAT'S IT!"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This doesn’t really have anything to do with Multiversus, but it is something WB related that I thought is important:

In the Q3 Earnings call, David Zaslav mentioned the following regarding WB games:

David Zaslav said:
Our focus is on transforming our biggest franchises from largely console and PC based with three-four year release schedules to include more always on gameplay through live services, multiplatform and free-to-play extensions with the goal to have more players spending more time on more platforms. Ultimately we want to drive engagement and monetization of longer cycles and at higher levels. We have put specific capabilities. We are currently under scale and see significant opportunity to generate greater post purchase revenue.
I know Multiversus is already a free to play live service multiplatform game, but what are everyone’s thoughts on how this would turn out for other franchises such as Lego or Mortal Kombat?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This doesn’t really have anything to do with Multiversus, but it is something WB related that I thought is important:

In the Q3 Earnings call, David Zaslav mentioned the following regarding WB games:

I know Multiversus is already a free to play live service multiplatform game, but what are everyone’s thoughts on how this would turn out for other franchises such as Lego or Mortal Kombat?
I think it’s a foolish idea as the gaming community is turning away from live services

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The amount of tone deafness and rich detachment from reality is high even for Zaslav.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Well MK is already pretty much a live service game at this point full of microtransactions so there will be no difference.

They might do a few multiplayer Lego game, but I don't really see them stopping the single player licenced stuff unless they really are that stupid.

Out of curiosity: when (or if) Multiversus comes back, what would really make you take notice upon release, or what would you need to incentivise you coming back into the game?
If it's taking a whole year to redo, get rid of the live service formula, and just add characters frequently instead.

As for character reveals, turning Scooby-Doo into an anime swordfighter would intice me, assuming they're willing to commit to the bit.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If it's taking a whole year to redo, get rid of the live service formula, and just add characters frequently instead.

As for character reveals, turning Scooby-Doo into an anime swordfighter would intice me, assuming they're willing to commit to the bit.
The point of a live service game is to add stuff frequently. How does one still add characters frequently, but get rid of live service stuff? It makes no sense.

Beside, the game has to do money some way. And unless you want ads like in a mobile games well yes the game is going to have microtransactions and stuff to buy frequently.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, WB games have just announced that they are planning to commit even harder to live service releases, so I don't expect that, as much a s it would be the right move

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, that's the big thing. That announcement made it so that the live service aspect is the one thing that definitely won't change, as much as it sucks.

Mr Hairyman

Smash Cadet
Well, if that's the darn truth, then they might as well get creative more often. See my "Swordie-Doo" example above.
IMG_0991.jpeg

IT’S CANON!!!!!!!

I support your idea! Even if they don’t want to give Scoob a full on sword for his main alt, just have Scoob yield something like a footlong as a sword and exchange it with different variants.

Last edited:
View attachment 380560
IT’S CANON!!!!!!!

I support your idea! Even if they don’t want to give Scoob a full on sword for his main alt, just have Scoob yield something like a footlong as a sword and exchange it with different variants.
I was thinking more like an Inuyasha homage to go along with Ultra Instinct Shaggy, but this would actually function better as a Scooby-Doo moveset.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Decided to do an overly big 70 character roster.

Basically, it consists of...

- The 23 current characters on the roster

- The 24 leaked characters that, from my perspective, still seem to be happening (so no Gandalf, sadly)

- The 23 characters that I chose to add independent of leaks, that I felt either Should be in or that I would want

Screenshot_20231113-175745~2.png

Oshawott777

Smash Cadet

- The 24 leaked characters that, from my perspective, still seem to be happening (so no Gandalf, sadly)

- The 23 characters that I chose to add independent of leaks, that I felt either Should be in or that I would want

Snow Miser, Wonka, and Audrey are top notch choices!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Question:
Will Tin Man be able to jump or will he play more closely to the SNES Oz game where he can't?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Question:
Will Tin Man be able to jump or will he play more closely to the SNES Oz game where he can't?
I definitely don't think they'd go the route of the NES game lol. I think he'd probably have a lower-end jump height though.

Over all I picked him because I think he'd be a fun Support character who'd be able to use his oil can to buff either himself or his allies, probably through reducing move cool down (making the moves less "rusty"). Add to that being able to plant and chop down trees similar to Villager's down special, and there's quite a bit there to build a set around.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

you forgot Big Chungus

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet

You put The Powerpuff Girls together but no the Eds together?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You put The Powerpuff Girls together but no the Eds together?
I put the Powerpuff Girls together only because that's what the datamines currently suggest is the case with them, even if I think they make a lot more sense separated. Same with the Animaniacs and the claim from the original leaker.

The Eds have no evidence pointing toward them being in one way or the other, so I put Ed separately due to having some more freedom there. I've long been a proponent of separate Eds because all three would, and should, fight completely differently (Ed as a tank with tons of armor frames, Double D as a mage/ranged or support character with heavy use of his various gadgets, and Eddy as a bruiser with some sort of moneymaking mechanic from like, a Scam Meter that would buff his specials).

Basically, I hate when characters who CAN be made separate are made into duos for the sake of it. But because I was also adding characters who have been leaked, my hands were tied in certain specific cases.

Donaldtoon

Smash Cadet
I put the Powerpuff Girls together only because that's what the datamines currently suggest is the case with them, even if I think they make a lot more sense separated. Same with the Animaniacs and the claim from the original leaker.

The Eds have no evidence pointing toward them being in one way or the other, so I put Ed separately due to having some more freedom there. I've long been a proponent of separate Eds because all three would, and should, fight completely differently (Ed as a tank with tons of armor frames, Double D as a mage/ranged or support character with heavy use of his various gadgets, and Eddy as a bruiser with some sort of moneymaking mechanic from like, a Scam Meter that would buff his specials).

Basically, I hate when characters who CAN be made separate are made into duos for the sake of it. But because I was also adding characters who have been leaked, my hands were tied in certain specific cases.
I imagine them like Pokemon Trainer

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Basically, I hate when characters who CAN be made separate are made into duos for the sake of it.

I see this sort of thing a lot with Multiversus, to where every cartoon gets a duo fighter request, and complaints that certain characters aren't duo fighters. If anyone thinks, after Finn, Jake, Rick and Morty all being separate characters, that they're going to then cram Mordecai and Rigby into a duo fighter, they're deluding themselves.

I see this sort of thing a lot with Multiversus, to where every cartoon gets a duo fighter request, and complaints that certain characters aren't duo fighters. If anyone thinks, after Finn, Jake, Rick and Morty all being separate characters, that they're going to then cram Mordecai and Rigby into a duo fighter, they're deluding themselves.
Somehow I knew you were going to bring these guys up in response. Nevertheless, I agree that there should be more solo character slots for supposed "duo fighters".

Those Ice Climbers have to pay for their inaccuracies...

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Somehow I knew you were going to bring these guys up in response. Nevertheless, I agree that there should be more solo character slots for supposed "duo fighters".

Those Ice Climbers have to pay for their inaccuracies...
I try not to bring it up too much, but nah, yeah, I'm still team "they should have been separated", but that's something for the NASB thread.

I feel like with MVS there's no excuse for people to keep expecting duo fighters since the whole point is it's a 2v2 game. That's why Fin/Jake and Rick/Morty aren't duo fighters, so that people can go co-op as both pairs. Obviously the same thing would make sense for characters like Mordecai and Rigby, the Powerpuff Girls, the Eds, the Warners, etc.

Tom and Jerry are an outlier because they're specifically designed around each other in a way that makes perfect sense, is true to the source material, and is actually preferable to them being separate. I can't see that same concept working with the other characters I listed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom