• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Quillion

Smash Hero
So they're going to relaunch this game? I guess that's nice so that they can deliver a more complete package.

But seriously, why couldn't this be a one-time purchase non-F2P-LS game? WB is pretty decent at licensing their properties for video games, and I think it'd be better if the "relaunch" was a full-on traditional non-live service game with some updates afterwards.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
At this point I'll believe it when I see it. It's been like 8 months that numerous devs are saying stuff like "big stuff coming", "we're still cooking" etc. And still no news. I want to be hopeful that this game can be back in a good shape but for now it's hard to be optimistic when it's been this long.

Batkelley

Smash Cadet
Just 2024
If it's not coming back until next year, then I really don't think we need to be worried about not getting any major announcements just yet.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything substantial until we're much closer to launch.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If it's not coming back until next year, then I really don't think we need to be worried about not getting any major announcements just yet.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything substantial until we're much closer to launch.
I hope we still have news this year. You can't just shadow drop the relaunch of a dead game and expect it to be a success. This is especially important because this is a live service game so the game rely on the community. If nobody cares there's no game. And right now it's hard to care unfortunately.

Faso115

Smash Lord
No offense, but they've only had "can't wait to show what we are cooking" posts for the entire year and after 10th one it gets tiring.

Show me something instead of telling me.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Well, the Screen Actor's Guild extended the range of their strike to cover the game industry itself, with a number of companies being effected. WB Games is one of them.

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Well, the Screen Actor's Guild extended the range of their strike to cover the game industry itself, with a number of companies being effected. WB Games is one of them.
Kinda doubt it'll delay the game because they're probably sitting on voice clips already recorded, but regardless, this is more important than a game. Not like there's already a release date, and Early 2024 is kinda vague already.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Got bored so I decided to redo my top 10 most wanted characters list. One restriction I had was to ignore all leaks:

1. Ed, Edd, and Eddy (either separate (If only one Ed gets in I hope for Edd) or together)
2. Any character from The Wizard of Oz
3. Gilligan (Gilligan’s Island)
4. Ruby Rose (RWBY)
5. The Robotron 2084 Hero
6. Starfire (DC Comics, can be any version)
7. Neo (The Matrix)
8. Ace Ventura
9. Kayley (Quest for Camelot)
10. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It appears as though the Playstation store has put the game page back up for wishlist purposes:

Edit: Right as I post it goes down…
Edit 2: Nope it’s back up for real this time.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What do we think is going to be in the game when it comes back? Yeah, there are going to be more characters, but I'm mostly talking about everything else. New modes, or stages, or other gameplay mechanics?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What do we think is going to be in the game when it comes back? Yeah, there are going to be more characters, but I'm mostly talking about everything else. New modes, or stages, or other gameplay mechanics?
They did mention new characters, stages, and modes as coming in relaunch, along with improved netcode and reworked progression.

As for stages, something Warner lot related since WB music already has the song on their channels.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Seriously? This game is still going on? I thought it died out long ago.
Yes, the game did technically shut down, however the devs have stated it will return in 2024, with the full game as what shut down was the Open Beta.

The game is also still playable, but only in Offline modes (with characters, cosmetics, and perks unlocked until the game returns). Some have used PC programs to get the game working in pseudo online (note, I have no idea how it works).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yes, the game did technically shut down, however the devs have stated it will return in 2024, with the full game as what shut down was the Open Beta.

The game is also still playable, but only in Offline modes (with characters, cosmetics, and perks unlocked until the game returns). Some have used PC programs to get the game working in pseudo online (note, I have no idea how it works).
As this is technically the full game we could finally see a release of the game on the Nintendo Switch. That is, unless they drop the next Nintendo console next year.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
With the release of the new season of Rick and Morty, I hope that they updated their voices on the game for the new actor so they can have original voice lines and interact with the cast.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
View attachment 378788
Crazy how even now no one knows who these characters are.
Especially the second two those are super weird.
The first two aren't Green Lantern and Poison Ivy? Like those two were leaked at some point, right?

Butterstring and Easterbunny though, tough one. I have a guess, though.

Googling "butterstring" brings up results of green beans, and it's a combination of two words with the word "Butter" in front.
Easterbunny... well Bugs is already there ("I'm a happy Easta' Bunny todaaaaaay!"), so even though this has the Looney Tunes twitter tagged, I'm not sure it's a Looney Tunes character like Lola, who would probably have something else as her codename, but like, what other rabbit characters are there? Or perhaps characters associated with rabbits somehow?

So my guess? Buttercup and Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls. Only thing that kneecaps that is neither of the other two codenames sound like they could apply to Blossom, and also prior leaks implied the three would be an all in one fighter but perhaps that's changed?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 378788
Crazy how even now no one knows who these characters are.
Especially the second two those are super weird.
Okay but imagine if Easter Bunny is the code name for Big Chungus because he's a rabbit that's round like an Easter egg.

After the leak that said Pickle Rick is his own fighter, I wouldn't be surprised...

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Okay but imagine if Easter Bunny is the code name for Big Chungus because he's a rabbit that's round like an Easter egg.

After the leak that said Pickle Rick is his own fighter, I wouldn't be surprised...
I think Big chungus makes a lot of sense. Maybe I'm thinking too far into this, but easter in 2024 is March 31st, one day before April's fools so maybe he'll be in the game in some kind of special Easter/Joke event.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The first two aren't Green Lantern and Poison Ivy? Like those two were leaked at some point, right?

Butterstring and Easterbunny though, tough one. I have a guess, though.

Googling "butterstring" brings up results of green beans, and it's a combination of two words with the word "Butter" in front.
Easterbunny... well Bugs is already there ("I'm a happy Easta' Bunny todaaaaaay!"), so even though this has the Looney Tunes twitter tagged, I'm not sure it's a Looney Tunes character like Lola, who would probably have something else as her codename, but like, what other rabbit characters are there? Or perhaps characters associated with rabbits somehow?

So my guess? Buttercup and Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls. Only thing that kneecaps that is neither of the other two codenames sound like they could apply to Blossom, and also prior leaks implied the three would be an all in one fighter but perhaps that's changed?
Poison Ivy was in the datamines, but Green Lantern was not.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Discord someone was talking about it a while back.
Forgot to respond to this but...yeah, it's likely fake. The fact that it's from that long ago and none of the dataminers have backed this up, the fact that this tweet seemingly doesn't even exist and has the handle cropped out, and the fact that none of these hint at characters we know are closer to completion (Raven, Joker, Beetlejuice, the Wicked Witch of the West, and...sigh Pickle Rick) all lead me to believe this is fake.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When they eventually relaunch... How many characters do you think will be added?

It's taking a long time.

Top Bottom