• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Downplaying Rowling as "Just being a ***** on twitter" is disgustingly dishonest.

Edit:

J.K. Rowling is someone who:

"Just a ***** on Twitter" tho 🤡

**** JK Rowling
**** Harry Potter
**** TERFs
**** anyone defending any of this ****

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say I felt bad for the fans and reminded everyone that Shakespeare is racist
Not a Shakespeare aficionato or anything, but I don't get why'd that be a huge surprise.

I mean, the guy was alive during the 1500's in England, a vast majority of people back then were most likely racist to some degree.

Would this harm his chances for Multiversus though?:4pacman:

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Downplaying Rowling as "Just being a ***** on twitter" is disgustingly dishonest.

Edit:

"Just a ***** on Twitter" tho 🤡

**** JK Rowling
**** Harry Potter
**** TERFs
** anyone defending any of this **
More than half of what you linked here have no direct tie to the Rowling (and what was is just her being ignorant on Twitter), and a hefty majority of it remains to be speculation on behalf of paranoid twitter users. All that those videos (including the ones that did not feature her at all) remain as nothing but words.

I'm not saying the woman is right - not am I saying she deserves to be defended - nor am I claiming that she did or did not take any of these alleged actions - but if you can't even be bothered to prove a link between these articles and her, than it calls into question whether you can be trusted to provide information accurately - and considering the temperament I've seen from you multiple times on these boards, I'm inclined not to trust that you can provide accurate information.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Warning Issued
More than half of what you linked here have no direct tie to the Rowling (and what was is just her being ignorant on Twitter), and a hefty majority of it remains to be speculation on behalf of paranoid twitter users. All that those videos (including the ones that did not feature her at all) remain as nothing but words.

I'm not saying the woman is right - not am I saying she deserves to be defended - nor am I claiming that she did or did not take any of these alleged actions - but if you can't even be bothered to prove a link between these articles and her, than it calls into question whether you can be trusted to provide information accurately - and considering the temperament I've seen from you multiple times on these boards, I'm inclined not to trust that you can provide accurate information.
Whatever helps you sleep soundly at night knowing you support trans genocide pumpkin 💙

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Guys guys, everyone here agree she’s evil, but let’s not waste our time getting at each other. Plus she lives in a country where we are currently passing a trans rights bill so if nothing else that’s funny

Not a Shakespeare aficionato or anything, but I don't get why'd that be a huge surprise.

I mean, the guy was alive during the 1500's in England, a vast majority of people back then were most likely racist to some degree.

Would this harm his chances for Multiversus though?:4pacman:
there’s almost certainly something in WB library that is his

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Someone did a reddit post summimg up the stream (though even this misses stuff). A lot of this feels like after the fact stuff mixed with speculation
Something I forgot to mention on my last post about this.
they also recently hired the artist who had made some great amateur animations of Daffy
If this leak is real and this is talking about who I think it is, I would be beyond excited. Those animations were the most perfect composite representation of Daffy we could ask for.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
If this leak is real and this is talking about who I think it is, I would be beyond excited. Those animations were the most perfect composite representation of Daffy we could ask for.
ooh you got a link?

D

Deleted member

[

If this leak is real and this is talking about who I think it is, I would be beyond excited. Those animations were the most perfect composite representation of Daffy we could ask for. [/SPOILER]
That Person being hired isn't just from the leak. It's a known thing. It's on their twitter bio.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Edit:

• Is treated and seen as the leader of a movement that is recognised as being genocidal in nature. [Article Linked has nothing to do with Rowling and is purely subjective]
  • Helps drive trans children toward self harm and suicide. [While this does mention Rowling, it is still an opinion piece and is a gross assumption based on something that she did not say]
  • Openly supports and champions people who call for the genocide of trans people. [This video does not call for the genocide of trans people. It does state some blatantly disgusting beliefs, but even despite how gross it is, reducing the number of people transitioning is not the same thing as genocide. I will note that she was seen in a photo with this woman.]
  • States that trans people at large shouldn't have a blanket presumption of innocence around not being sex offenders. [This is a combination of two seperate statements - she says that no one should have a blanket presumption of innocence, which is flawed in a completely different way. That's assuming that this comes from a reputable article as this thread does not link to the article from which they are screenshotting]
  • Vilified a charity for vulnerable children so much they had to close and restrict their services, and withdraw staff over fears for their safety. [While Mermaids is stating this, they do not mention a source. This is an assumption.]
  • Doesn't believe trans people are natural, and instead that it is a mental illness. [I know for a fact that this one is true, however, this Twitter post still does not link to the article, so you didn't properly cite this.]
  • Supported and praised the anti-trans propaganda video of a self-confessed fascist, who believes we are one of the greatest evils in human history. [Well done on properly citing this one - this is correct. These are still just words though.]
  • Calls the movement for trans rights an 'authoritarian, misogynistic and homophobic movement'. [Context is important. And the screenshot here does not contain the context of the conversation she was having. She could be saying this to anyone. But she did say this.]
  • Denies trans people are a minority, plays up trans women as sex offenders and pushes conspiracy theories. [Context is important. And the screenshot here does not contain the context of the conversation she was having. She could be saying this to anyone. But she did say this.]
  • Drives key support for Allison Bailey and the LGB Alliance – a far-right hate group who are directly working to erode the rights of trans people. [I will give you that she has made vocal support - but at no point has she publicly made any monetary donation to the organization itself. I will provide the context that I do know she implies she donated money to help Allison cover court costs from a case she was involved in, so I'll give you this one.]
  • Sends love to allies of hers responsible for doxxing trans women. [****ty thing to send love to this individual, for sure, but it's just words.]
  • Helped reduce the ILGA score of the UK by being a prime motivator in increased hostility towards trans people. [Rowling is only tangentially mentioned in this document - solely as a statement that she has made anti-trans rhetoric on Twitter.]
  • Acts as, and is seen as, the primary figurehead of the anti-trans movement in the UK, one that has seen sentiment toward us erode dramatically since 2020. [LINK. YOUR. SOURCE. This document is just saying how sentiment has changed over time. She's not the sole person championing for this, you know. Doesn't mention her.]
  • Related transition to being a new form of gay conversion therapy, one that should be further restricted. [Still just words...]
  • Regularly platforms and boosts lobbying groups and individuals who are working to remove rights of trans people in the UK. [Link the source, not the article explaining what this group is. Article does not mention Rowling.]
  • Led a revolt that saw the most basic reform for Gender Recognition in the UK scrapped, despite a 70% approval rating. [Link the source that she led this revolt, article does not mention Rowling.]
  • Openly supports people who are anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage and would prefer AIDS to charities that support trans women and children. [Stll just words on Twitter. Yeah, this dude seems like a real piece of work, for sure, but just saying "welcome back" is really stretching for content here... But I'll still give you this one.]
  • Added to a pressure that resulted in links to support systems for vulnerable trans children being removed by the BBC. [Source not linked, doesn't mention Rowling.]
  • Pushed for a move that saw young trans people face further hardships in accessing trans-affirming healthcare. [Source not linked, doesn't mention Rowling. Cite your source.]
  • Has been cited by foreign politicians in their own bids to restrict trans rights, healthcare access and freedoms [I'll give you this one, they did cite Rowling here, but at the end of the day, she has no authority over U.S.-based law. Get mad at the U.S. lawmakers instead. Also, this is one politician, not multiple]
Added my rebuttal.

On a personal note - I don't appreciate being called a clown and the claim that I advocate for the genocide of myself and my own partner, not to mention three of my best friends - none of which hate me for being a HP fan, by the by. Once again... I'm gender non-conforming, but you oh so conveniently ignored that.

You also missed the entire point of my post - which is, simply - people need to stop bullying others over what they like. If you want to harass someone, don't. Be a decent human being and ignore them.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
ooh you got a link?
Both videos have some repeated stuff, but some different stuff between them.

That Person being hired isn't just from the leak. It's a known thing. It's on their twitter bio.
Honestly, this really bodes well for Daffy's chances. I don't know if they'd be technically legally allowed to just bring over all the work the animator has already done, but I hope they do because there's so many good move picks and the design they picked is perfect.

D

Deleted member

IIRC, Ted Lasso was one of the first leaks. I’m willing to buy it for the consistency at play.
According to Papagenos Lasso was never in the game. that info was wrong. But after the leak went viral the actor who plays Ted reached out and they're looking at it now

FazDude

Smash Master
According to Papagenos Lasso was never in the game. that info was wrong. But after the leak went viral the actor who plays Ted reached out and they're looking at it now
I see - I haven’t been paying much mind to recent leaks, but if they add the character as a response to the leaks, that’d honestly pretty funny.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whatever helps you sleep soundly at night knowing you support trans genocide pumpkin 💙
Added my rebuttal.

On a personal note - I don't appreciate being called a clown and the claim that I advocate for the genocide of myself and my own partner, not to mention three of my best friends - none of which hate me for being a HP fan, by the by. Once again... I'm gender non-conforming, but you oh so conveniently ignored that.

You also missed the entire point of my post - which is, simply - people need to stop bullying others over what they like. If you want to harass someone, don't. Be a decent human being and ignore them.
Best to just stop it here, take it to the Serious Discussion board, or go to PMs. Will review and hand out warnings where needed when I get off of work.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is why I don't like talking about Harry Potter anymore. In other things I'm excited for the relaunch of Multiversus and I want to see what changes they make to the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So do you well end up with Ken and Barbie as promo characters? With Ken having a Ncuti Gatwa outfit and then we’ll have one of the doctors

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So do you well end up with Ken and Barbie as promo characters? With Ken having a Ncuti Gatwa outfit and then we’ll have one of the doctors
They're third party technically. The rights to the Barbie IP belong to Mattel.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
They're third party technically. The rights to the Barbie IP belong to Mattel.

That and by the time the game relaunches they’ll be too late as promotional

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That and by the time the game relaunches they’ll be too late as promotional
They did add LeBron James to the roster almost a year after the original release of Space Jam: A New Legacy which he was meant to promote.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
They did add LeBron James to the roster almost a year after the original release of Space Jam: A New Legacy which he was meant to promote.
Lebron isn't really comparable, it's pretty clear PFG added him for the memes. Especially when one of the MVS promotional vids directly include the meme itself.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Even if "it's too late to promote" I think Barbie could get in. I mean, Barbie is such a huge IP that it doesn't really need anything to promote to deserve a spot in the game.

Also saying that Lebron was chosen simply for promotional pick is probably not true. Sure, Lebron is considered by the game a Space jam rep, but at the end of the day he's also a NBA star. And NBA is freaking huge. Having a celebrity like that in the game was a good call imo.

Honestly people have to stop calling every characters that have a game or movie near their release in the game a promotional pick. This is like acting like Mario was a promotional pick in Smash because he was added near the release of Mario 64. Characters will almost always be chosen if they relevant but it doesn't mean that they're added only to promote stuff.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Even if "it's too late to promote" I think Barbie could get in. I mean, Barbie is such a huge IP that it doesn't really need anything to promote to deserve a spot in the game.

Also saying that Lebron was chosen simply for promotional pick is probably not true. Sure, Lebron is considered by the game a Space jam rep, but at the end of the day he's also a NBA star. And NBA is freaking huge. Having a celebrity like that in the game was a good call imo.

Honestly people have to stop calling every characters that have a game or movie near their release in the game a promotional pick. This is like acting like Mario was a promotional pick in Smash because he was added near the release of Mario 64. Characters will almost always be chosen if they relevant but it doesn't mean that they're added only to promote stuff.
Ok but the difference between Mario and Lebron is that Mario was already a star for over 12 years when he was added and the mascot of his company whereas Lebron starred in a movie released less than a year before the game's beta release, during which he was probably already decided and began development. Lebron was 100% a promotional pick, as was Black Adam - and Rick & Morty released near the start of their next season of TV, and Gizmo and Stripe conveniently got in right before the premiere of a new Gremlins show - 100% they were promotional.

A better analogy, by the by, would be saying Pikachu and Jigglypuff were the promotional picks during 64, as they were the newest fighters on the roster at the time.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ok but the difference between Mario and Lebron is that Mario was already a star for over 12 years when he was added and the mascot of his company whereas Lebron starred in a movie released less than a year before the game's beta release, during which he was probably already decided and began development. Lebron was 100% a promotional pick, as was Black Adam - and Rick & Morty released near the start of their next season of TV, and Gizmo and Stripe conveniently got in right before the premiere of a new Gremlins show - 100% they were promotional.

A better analogy, by the by, would be saying Pikachu and Jigglypuff were the promotional picks during 64, as they were the newest fighters on the roster at the time.
You ignored all they said about Lebron being an NBA star.

Lebron was an all star way before Space Jam. He's going to get players interested regardless.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You ignored all they said about Lebron being an NBA star.

Lebron was an all star way before Space Jam. He's going to get players interested regardless.
Right but that still doesn't change the fact that he was prime promotional material

Do you really think they would've looked to license him if he wasn't in a WB project during development

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Calling Lebron a promotional pick, while I personnally disagree, I can kind of understand why people would see it that way. But Rick and Morty are in no way promotional pick. They're by far the biggest cartoon on Adult swim ever, one of the biggest adult cartoon ever and one of WB biggest current animated series. Again like I said in my previous post, just because characters happenned to be add near some release doesn't mean that they were added just for pormotion. Rick and Morty would have get in the game either way.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't know how anyone could be so blind to not see them as promotional for their new season when they literally released during their sixth season. They weren't picked for that reason, obviously, they didn't need to be, but their release timing was 100% promotional, especially considering Rick has moves from the new season.

Last edited:

ᑐᑌᑎᑕ

Smash Cadet
The release timing isn't the same thing as the character themselves though. That's like calling almost every single Brawl veteran for Smash 4 "promotional" because they were usually revealed to cross promote a game that had just released. This game's a giant ad but Rick would have absolutely been in regardless of the timing or intent of the project. It's picks like Black Adam that were clearly prioritized for promotional reasons - at any other time, no way would Black Adam be chosen over the likes of Flash or Green Lantern.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The release timing isn't the same thing as the character themselves though. That's like calling almost every single Brawl veteran for Smash 4 "promotional" because they were usually revealed to cross promote a game that had just released. This game's a giant ad but Rick would have absolutely been in regardless of the timing or intent of the project. It's picks like Black Adam that were clearly prioritized for promotional reasons - at any other time, no way would Black Adam be chosen over the likes of Flash or Green Lantern.
Right and I said as much in saying that my wording wasn't correct the first time around but the fact that he was released around time to hype up the new season as opposed to already being in the launch roster comes off as intentional, especially knowing the increasingly negative association the general public has been having towards the show in the last few years.

Like let's just say that Iron Giant and Rick's releases were swapped. It definitely wouldn't be seen as promotional in any capacity since he's from a one off film that hasn't been relevant in years.

One of my biggest personal issues with the game is that the roster feels very corporate. I mean obviously big stars like Bugs and the main DC 3 were gonna make it, but the fact a lot of the roster is from either evergreen content, like Scooby Doo, or is from something that is still relevant in the public consciousness rather than being a celebration of the company's huge list of IP comes off as more soulless to me than it's contemporaries. The Iron Giant is that rare exception in that he's from a cult classic film but it's one that has been largely forgotten by the masses at this point. It was the only clear example of "the team picked this fighter."

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Ah, moving off the topic of lebron if papagenos sources are to be believed

What do you guys think the hidden cartoon network character is?

To Me: It's either Courage or the female shadow girl from Unicorn: Eternal Princess(Unless you count her as an adult swim rep)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Ah, moving off the topic of lebron if papagenos sources are to be believed

What do you guys think the hidden cartoon network character is?

To Me: It's either Courage or the female shadow girl from Unicorn: Eternal Princess(Unless you count her as an adult swim rep)
Hard to say since he mentions Ben 10, Grim, Johnny Bravo and Craig, implying it isn't any of those, which takes out a lot of potential safe guesses.

If not Courage, possibly Dexter, a Gumball character, or another SU character. My darkhorse pick is Red Guy from Cow and Chicken.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hard to say since he mentions Ben 10, Grim, Johnny Bravo and Craig, implying it isn't any of those, which takes out a lot of potential safe guesses.

If not Courage, possibly Dexter, a Gumball character, or another SU character. My darkhorse pick is Red Guy from Cow and Chicken.
he also said it wasn't another steven character(nor is it adventure time)

D

Deleted member

My first guess was Bloo because he used him in an earlier thumbnail but he does name drop him later so probably not

Top Bottom