• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Once again begging folks to think about the optics of saying you're making a real life black man "your dedicated punching bag" in a children's game before posting about it.
There's just something about putting a real life person in a game like this that kind of rubs me the wrong way. Even if it's technically a fictitious version of LeBron James, it's still LeBron James. It's not like Arya Stark, who is a live action character, but still a character nonetheless.
They didn't even use the animated Looney Tunes version of him, it's modeled after the real LeBron.

LeBron himself is most likely alright with it, seeing he signed off on it, so I'm not gonna guilt myself or anyone else for playing as him. It just feels like a super risky choice for a game to make, especially these days.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
This may sound like an... unusual question to ask, but what do you all think of the chances of musically-based characters making it in? I think the first that comes to mind for me is Gorillaz - the artstyle feels like it'd translate pretty well to the game and the music videos would give a lot of moveset potential for any one of them - but I feel Warner Records leads to a lot of potential that might have been missed? I'm not sure what to make of it, though.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This may sound like an... unusual question to ask, but what do you all think of the chances of musically-based characters making it in? I think the first that comes to mind for me is Gorillaz - the artstyle feels like it'd translate pretty well to the game and the music videos would give a lot of moveset potential for any one of them - but I feel Warner Records leads to a lot of potential that might have been missed? I'm not sure what to make of it, though.
Despite the name, Warner Records is not owned by WB.
That doesn’t mean the Gorillaz wouldn’t be awesome though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I see Ultraman is being rated in the RTC thread.

What a treat that would be to get him. He's basically Superman of the East.

West vs. East at its finest.

KatKit

Smash Lord
With Space Jam canonically in a Smash Bros. inspired game, I feel legally obligated to post this

Lebron looks super fun, by the way! This game's roster is bonkers, ahahaha

I haven't seen much discussion about the beta/release, but I'm a top 1,000 Harley Quinn player (831), so that's neat. I'm gonna use her until they add Ivy

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
With Space Jam canonically in a Smash Bros. inspired game, I feel legally obligated to post this

I haven't seen much discussion about the beta/release, but I'm a top 1,000 Harley Quinn player (831), so that's neat. I'm gonna use her until they add Ivy

Sounds like it could work for a Lebron James Montage someone makes from the game, but the song so far sounds good.

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's interesting that ya mentioned this because, fun fact, the Hex Girls are popular Scooby Doo characters that are treated as a legitimate band by Warner Brothers! And they're awesome

I think Josie from Josie and the Pussycats would be another neat deep cut. And Music Meister from DC Comics would be dope, too. The possibilities are endless

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I hate that Warner Records doesn't actually have anything to do with WB because it means we can't just get DEVO in

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

I should really look at my Tom & Jerry's rank. Does anyone if there's a way to take screenshots on PS4? I don't really use my PS4 alot outside of this game.

KatKit

Smash Lord
That moment when ya realize that we can have a Powerpuff Girls and Gorillaz character at the same time, and they have good team synergy with Lebron's basketball pass mechanic

tumblr_p9rzdi8h421xo55p6o2_r1_400.gif.gif

But they're also a hard counter

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if they're going to do clone characters, but I think Lola Bunny could work as a Lebron James clone.
It looks like they are doing clones due to the possibility that Nubia is getting in as her own character rather than as a Wonder Woman alt.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The voice line dataminer is back with a update on what got cut:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersu...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

To sum up, all voice files referencing Gandalf, Eleven, Daenerys, Hound, and Craig were scrubbed.

However the poster thinks that they weren’t cut but rather put on the backburner. Mostly because lines for confirmed characters were accidentally scrubbed as well.

Marvin, Scooby, Joker, Ivy, Black Adam, Nubia, Raven, Static, Gizmo, Betelguise, and the Wicked Witch are still referenced.

The poster then speculates on how these characters, plus the ones we know of, could fit into seasons.

To sum up:
Season 1 would be space themed. Lebron, Morty, and Rick already fit and of the remaining ones Marvin fits perfectly.

Season 2 would be “horror” or “spooky” themed. It would have Scooby, Gizmo, Betelguise, and the Wicked Witch.

Season 3 would be DC Comics themed and have the remaining 6.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersu...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

To sum up, all voice files referencing Gandalf, Eleven, Daenerys, Hound, and Craig were scrubbed.

However the poster thinks that they weren’t cut but rather put on the backburner. Mostly because lines for confirmed characters were accidentally scrubbed as well.

Marvin, Scooby, Joker, Ivy, Black Adam, Nubia, Raven, Static, Gizmo, Betelguise, and the Wicked Witch are still referenced.

The poster then speculates on how these characters, plus the ones we know of, could fit into seasons.

To sum up:
Season 1 would be space themed. Lebron, Morty, and Rick already fit and of the remaining ones Marvin fits perfectly.

Season 2 would be “horror” or “spooky” themed. It would have Scooby, Gizmo, Betelguise, and the Wicked Witch.

Unless seasons are very long 6 characters seems way too optimistic. Personally I think that Rick and Morty are the only one we'll get in season 1.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

To sum up:

And the scrubbed characters also fit with a "fantasy" theme for the fourth and final season.

Faso115

Smash Lord
If the game does well, this is going to be the fortnite of fighting games so it's going to be kept updating for a while. We don't really know when the beta period ends after all.

If Season 3 is really all DC that's bound to be FE levels of salt for people. I dont mind myself

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If the game does well, this is going to be the fortnite of fighting games so it's going to be kept updating for a while. We don't really know when the beta period ends after all.

If Season 3 is really all DC that's bound to be FE levels of salt for people. I dont mind myself
I don't see why people would be mad for DC characters. First, DC is way way way more popular than FE will ever be. Second, DC characters are very different from one another, nobody is complaining that we have Superman and Batman just because they're both DC characters.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I don't see why people would be mad for DC characters. First, DC is way way way more popular than FE will ever be. Second, DC characters are very different from one another, nobody is complaining that we have Superman and Batman just because they're both DC characters.
I always came with the expectation that this game is going to shill the **** out of DC so them potentially having an entire season to themselves doesn't surprise me. But then again, the base roster is pretty subdued with DC all things considered. The big three + Harley (and not even Joker lol....yet)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

To sum up:

What about Godzilla and Emmett? The Poster Never Mentioned Them.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
RE: earlier

This game is gonna be around for a long, long time. For perspective, Brawhalla's all time peak on Steam is about 34K and they just announced Ezio and Eivor getting added earlier today. And as Max says, this is only Steam numbers for the early access part of the game's life.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If the game really has good support I think it actually has the potential to be huge. I was playing it yesterday and a friend of my sister was home. He's not a big gamer and he never played a fighting game, but he obviously recognize Tom and Jerry, Bug Bunny and Batman and when I told him that the game was actually free he seems pretty interested in it. I hate the "Smash killer" thing, but I feel like this is the first game that could be a serious competitor to Smash.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Anyone else deal with your teammate standing off to the side not helping while both opponents team up on you? I've had a Shaggy repeatedly charging, Tom and Jerry playing tennis and a Velma spamming a short range attack from too far a distance while I got whaled on by both opponents at once. None of came to my aid and we lost every time.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Anyone else deal with your teammate standing off to the side not helping while both opponents team up on you? I've had a Shaggy repeatedly charging, Tom and Jerry playing tennis and a Velma spamming a short range attack from too far a distance while I got whaled on by both opponents at once. None of came to my aid and we lost every time.
I didn't have huge problem with teammates so far but honestly most of the Shaggy I've met (not just teammates but in general) were pretty bad.

GG! So far my best character is Wonder woman but I'm only at around 17,000 with her in 1 vs 1. For now I've been mostly trying every characters. By the way, I wonder if the actual ranked modes will come with the season 1, the dev have been very silent about that. I wonder also if there will be different rules than what we have right now.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I didn't have huge problem with teammates so far but honestly most of the Shaggy I've met (not just teammates but in general) were pretty bad.
Yeah, every time I'm paired up with a Shaggy, it's a hard time.

It's even worse when the opposing team is a Taz and a Batman. Been stuck against that combo a lot.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
taz needs buff
Well apparently he's getting nerfed on Tuesday because nobody knows how to deal with his tornado.

I really hope Season 3 isn't the end.

Idk how far they're willing to go but with LeBron James in, I'm sure getting Caitlin in wouldn't be too hard...

C'mon WB, gimme my lemon princess!!!
There's pretty much no way the game only has 3 season. Just because nothing has been datamined doesn't mean that nothing is planned.

D

Deleted member

If you think "seaosn 3" is the end you're kidding yourself. They'll keep making content while the game is still successful. They're definitely thinkin about and planning characters who weren't in the datamine.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I haven't really kept track of most of the past speculation, but I definitely think having Godzilla would be awesome. We could actually have old Godzilla hoppin' around Tokyo city like a big playground when suddenly Batman burst from the shade and hit Godzilla with a Bat Grenade...

obligatory caitlin reference

Last edited:
Top Bottom