• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

osby

Smash Obsessed
Was Morty leaked at all in the first place?

I saw people talking about Rick a lot yet I don't remember anyone mentioning him.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
They're separate, the profiles are up on the site

Yeah, dunno what people expected asking that stuff directly. The only bit of info is that they want to take a break before working on another Colossal Character.
Meaning Godzilla will take a while before they're ready to finish him, then? or just them not working on him at the moment.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Well what is it? Did he actually do anything or are they just mad at him for the sake of having someone to be mad at?
Nothing big, sports drama. NBA drama. Basically being tied to the NBA is bound to attract controversy but that only matters if you like basketball

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Rick, right? Guy could stand to go down a few pegs.
No LeBron James.

Because Space Jam: A New Legacy is an abomination of a film. That film was nothing but a huge product placement of Warner Bros. saying "Hey! Check this out! We own this!" using the plot of the first Space Jam as a basis.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Now that we know that each season will be themed (with the first one being Rick and Morty), what other themes would you like to see? Here's some idea I have:

Looney tunes with Daffy and Marvin
Monster with King Kong and Godzilla
Cartoon Network with Powerpuff girls and the Eds

LimeTH

Smash Lord
No LeBron James.

Because Space Jam: A New Legacy is an abomination of a film. That film was nothing but a huge product placement of Warner Bros. saying "Hey! Check this out! We own this!" using the plot of the first Space Jam as a basis.
Fair! I feel the same way about Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not on topic but since you brought it up, **** that movie for ruining a great IP's legacy. The first movie is pure gold, but the second makes me want to gag, and it didn't have to, if they'd have just stuck to games (and not made Ralph into a sniveling child) the plot could've worked at least decently well but because "oh Sony did the emoji movie" we had to get garbage like RBTI. **** that movie, and **** the higher ups who didn't let us get the sequel the original team envisioned.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not on topic but since you brought it up, ** that movie for ruining a great IP's legacy. The first movie is pure gold, but the second makes me want to gag, and it didn't have to, if they'd have just stuck to games (and not made Ralph into a sniveling child) the plot could've worked at least decently well but because "oh Sony did the emoji movie" we had to get garbage like RBTI. ** that movie, and **** the higher ups who didn't let us get the sequel the original team envisioned.
When you really get down to it. Space Jam: A New Legacy is basically Warner Bros.' Ralph Breaks the Internet in terms of Product Placement: The Movie.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Now that we know that each season will be themed (with the first one being Rick and Morty), what other themes would you like to see? Here's some idea I have:

Looney tunes with Daffy and Marvin
Monster with King Kong and Godzilla
Cartoon Network with Powerpuff girls and the Eds
Hmm, How About Modern Cartoon Network with Mordecai & Rigby and Gumball? How about a Warner Brothers Animated Toons Pack with The Animaniacs and Freakazoid(Or Babs & Buster but we already have a trio).

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Hmm, How About Modern Cartoon Network with Mordecai & Rigby and Gumball? How about a Warner Brothers Animated Toons Pack with The Animaniacs and Freakazoid(Or Babs & Buster but we already have a trio).
We already have four modern CN reps, some classic like Samurai Jack, Ben 10, and the PPG would be more than welcome

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
We already have four modern CN reps, some classic like Samurai Jack, Ben 10, and the PPG would be more than welcome
I mean they are rumored to appear
but it wouldn't hurt to bring in some more modern shows people love.

Though if we want some 2000's Characters, There's Kids Next Door, Billy & Mandy, Fosters Home, Camp Lazlo, and Chowder

When you really get down to it. Space Jam: A New Legacy is basically Warner Bros.' Ralph Breaks the Internet in terms of Product Placement: The Movie.
At least Bugs wasn't an idiot like Ralph was...or am i entirely wrong on that(iv'e seen New Legacy but not Ralph Breaks The Internet cause i was worried on what it would turn out).

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Regular Show is over 10 years old by now, so I wouldn't classify it as modern CN anymore. I'd be game for Mordecai and Rigby alongside all the 90's CN characters I very desperately want in this game.

Also agreed on Ralph Breaks My Heart. Even ignoring all the product placement, I have never seen such horrible character assassination in my life.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
No LeBron James.

Putting the blame on LeBron for decisions made by the producers of the movie while also gushing for a game that's also a huge product placement of Warner Bros. is a bizarre moral stance to take.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Not on topic but since you brought it up, ** that movie for ruining a great IP's legacy. The first movie is pure gold, but the second makes me want to gag, and it didn't have to, if they'd have just stuck to games (and not made Ralph into a sniveling child) the plot could've worked at least decently well but because "oh Sony did the emoji movie" we had to get garbage like RBTI. ** that movie, and **** the higher ups who didn't let us get the sequel the original team envisioned.
ouch

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't mind Lebron being here personally. Sure Space jam 2 was pretty bad, but the concept of his moveset that you can pass the ball to your allies so they can attack with it sounds very fun, and at the end of the day most people will recognize him has a NBA star more than the Space jam actor so I don't think it matters that much.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I dunno why Multiversus doesn't bother me like Space Jam 2 would. Maybe because the premise actually involves different WB IPs coming together instead of shoehorning them into a plot all about Looney Tunes?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I dunno why Multiversus doesn't bother me like Space Jam 2 would. Maybe because the premise actually involves different WB IPs coming together instead of shoehorning them into a plot all about Looney Tunes?
I feel like in Space jam it was really forced and most of the characters were really out of character. I did like some jokes here and there like the DC world, but seeing Pennywise from IT clapping in the background for a game of Basket ball is just so out of character and not natural.

Basically in multiversus it feels more like each characters are carefully crafted so they're moveset and voice lines still fit the character origins, while in Space jam they just throw them in the background of a Basketball game without really thinking about how the character would act.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Cool. My punching bag has been confirmed officially.
Once again begging folks to think about the optics of saying you're making a real life black man "your dedicated punching bag" in a children's game before posting about it.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I feel like in Space jam it was really forced and most of the characters were really out of character. I did like some jokes here and there like the DC world, but seeing Pennywise from IT clapping in the background for a game of Basket ball is just so out of character and not natural.

Basically in multiversus it feels more like each characters are carefully crafted so they're moveset and voice lines still fit the character origins, while in Space jam they just throw them in the background of a Basketball game without really thinking about how the character would act.
I had big hopes for Space Jam 2, but once the crowd started to be cherry pick as who was in it, I lost a bit of respect for Warner. Space Jam 1 is so perfect. And had left the movie with a fantastic legacy. I was heartbroken and probably will never take Warner as seriously anymore. Honestly, the crowd would have been perfect if it was Tiny Toon, Teen Titans and Cartoon Network characters added with a bunch of other toons from the Looney Tunes universe like the first movie had already established.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I had big hopes for Space Jam 2, but once the crowd started to be cherry pick as who was in it, I lost a bit of respect for Warner. Space Jam 1 is so perfect. And had left the movie with a fantastic legacy. I was heartbroken and probably will never take Warner as seriously anymore. Honestly, the crowd would have been perfect if it was Tiny Toon, Teen Titans and Cartoon Network characters added with a bunch of other toons from the Looney Tunes universe like the first movie had already established.
Humm, Space jam 1 was far from a masterpiece honestly, it was pretty bad too. Hell, as a Looney Tunes fan the second one has way better "Looney" moments like when Bugs Bunny first meet Lebron and they even animated this scene in 2d which is pretty impressive imo.

Edit: To add on this, the fact that they animated Lebron too was pretty clever because it helps to forget that he's a bad actor unlike Michael Jordan who was live action the whole movie.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
Humm, Space jam 1 was far from a masterpiece honestly, it was pretty bad too. Hell, as a Looney Tunes fan the second one has way better "Looney" moments like when Bugs Bunny first meet Lebron and they even animated this scene in 2d which is pretty impressive imo.

Edit: To add on this, the fact that they animated Lebron too was pretty clever because it helps to forget that he's a bad actor unlike Michael Jordan who was live action the whole movie.
Space Jam 1996 is a far more charming and genuine movie. You basically even already admitted that Space Jam 2 is a mostly cringe watch.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
At least The Animaniacs and The Hanna Barbera Characters were there.

Top Bottom