• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I doubt they scrapped Godzilla, they just scrubbed him out of the files to throw off dataminers. They've already implied there's going to be more Iron Giant sized characters.

D

Deleted member

lets make sure the game remains a success for that long first
I think it'll do fine. Assuming the lesker is true and that's the first year of content. I think we'll get a couple more years.

You never know obviously but it seems to be doing well. I've seen much less successful games do well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
So for the people that played the beta, has anyone else noticed that the Character Badges (the one you unlock after reaching level 15 with a character) are bugged? For some reason, it says that I have 6 wins as Arya even though I haven't played as her yet since the beta released.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So characters might be getting cut eh.

Godzilla's in danger then. No surprise given Toho's stinginess.
I doubt they scrapped Godzilla, they just scrubbed him out of the files to throw off dataminers. They've already implied there's going to be more Iron Giant sized characters.
Given how stingy Toho is. I'd certainly count on it happening.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Last edited:

ShinGojira

Banned via Warnings
So characters might be getting cut eh.

Godzilla's in danger then. No surprise given Toho's stinginess.

Given how stingy Toho is. I'd certainly count on it happening.
No matter how many times you spout this bull****, it doesn't become any less bull****
Some Godzilla fan you claim to be. Just stop.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just because something has been deleted according to datamine doesn't mean that it has been cut and that development stop. Morty has barely nothing datamined aside from like one voiceline that referenced him and he's coming before Rick who is already fully playable. Godzilla could already be pretty much ready and we wouldn't know, the content for this type of game is made months in advance.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, I Made a speculation list based on the recent datamine explanation, since he believed that the datamined characters are going to be released during potential events for the game, i thought about making some possible events that a character would come for each season in the game.

For the Datamined/Leaked Characters

Godzilla-Monsterverse Event with King Kong

Emmett-Craftsman Event with Maxwell or a LEGO Event with Unikitty, Potentially LEGO Batman, and Lloyd.

Fred Flintstone-Past, Present, & Future Event with Samurai Jack, Spear & Fang, and Rosie or a Hanna-Barbera Event with Yogi, Dastardly, Space Ghost, & Johnny Quest or Hong Kong Fuey

Mad Max-Mad Max Event with Furiosa

Harry & Ron-Wizarding World Event with Hermoine, Voldemort, and Haggrett or Newt

Johnny Bravo & The Powerpuff Girls-Cartoon Cartoons Event with Dexter, Cow & Chicken(Pretty Unlikely But They're Important), Probably The Eds, and Courage

Samurai Jack & Ben 10-CN City Event with Numbuh One, Grim & The Kids, Mac & Bloo, and Chowder

The Animaniacs-WB Toons Event with Babs & Buster and Freakazoid

Scorpion-Mortal Kombat Event with Sub-Zero Only Or Sub-Zero & Other MK Characters

Daffy Duck and Duck Dodgers-Looney Tunes Event with Sylvester & Tweety, Wile E. Coyote, and Lola Bunny

Ted Lasso-Sports Event with...I don't know

For Future Reps

Horror Slashers Event: Jason Voorhees(Friday the 13th), Freddy Krueger(A Nightmare on Elm Street), Pennywise(Stephen King's It), and Michael Myers(Halloween)

Justice League Event: Green Lantern(Hal Jordan), The Flash, and Aquaman

Cart10n Network Event: Mordecai & Rigby(Regular Show), Gumball(...), Mao Mao(...), and KO(OK K.O.)

This My Kind of Guy Event(Funny Male Characters): Austin Powers, Ace Ventura, and The Mask

Warner Japan's Anime Event: Jotaro Kujo(Jojo), DIO-ZA WARUDO!, Mob(Mob Psycho 100), and Soma(Food Wars)

RWBY Event: Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, Blake Belladona, and Yang Xiong Long(This is Their Best)

Warner Gaming Event: Maxwell(Scribblenauts), Alma Wade(F.E.A.R.), George(Rampage), and Joust & Ostrich(Joust)

Adult Swim Event: Robot Chicken(...), Shake, Frylock, & Meatwad(ATHF), Brock Sampson(Venture Bros), and Charlie & Pim(Smiling Friends)

Shonen's Heroes Event: Goku(Dragon Ball), Naruto(...), Luffy(One Piece), and Deku(My Hero Academia)

Rooster Teeth Event: The Reds & Blues(Red Vs. Blue), Wizard(Death Battle), Boomstick, and Julian Chase(Gen;Lock)

Robot Fighter Event: Gypsy Danger(Pacific Rim), EVA Unit-01(Evangelion), Simon(Gurren Lagann), and Probably Gundam(...)

Transformers Event: Optimus Prime and Megatron

Street Fighter Event: Ryu and Chun-Li

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Lebron's design is based of his Space Jam appearance instead of his tune appearance.
That doesn't really change what he said. Space Jam is a part of the wider Looney Tunes franchise, so either LeBron design would classify as Looney Tunes character.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
But Wario and Yoshi are classified as separate franchises from the Mario franchise.
That means Space Jam can be classified as a separate franchise from the Looney Tunes franchise.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I really hope that Wile E. Coyote gets in because he'd have a unique mechanic like being able to temporarily run off the stage before falling like

And they can give him a special taunt while airborne when he holds up his sign like

It'd also be the only taunt in the game that's used to poke fun at yourself, ahaha. Imagine throwing up the 'Help' sign while falling off the stage

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I really hope that Wile E. Coyote gets in because he'd have a unique mechanic like being able to temporarily run off the stage before falling like

And they can give him a special taunt while airborne when he holds up his sign like

It'd also be the only taunt in the game that's used to poke fun at yourself, ahaha. Imagine throwing up the 'Help' sign while falling off the stage
A character that fights by almost everything they try and do backfiring would be a lot of fun, like we have Tom and Jerry who fight by fighting each other and everyone else getting caught in the crossfire is done great, I think they could do Wile E. Coyote a ton of justice.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I downloaded the beta for PS4 aaaaaand it wouldn't let me in.

Maintenance on the game is being progress and i wonder if it's due to the log in problems from the early access not being patched for PS4 or it's because of the online servers being full.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I would really like Wile E., but I think that they will not add him at least in the near future because Bugs already have the Acme missile and the Acme box with random items, which is something Wile probably would have.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I would really like Wile E., but I think that they will not add him at least in the near future because Bugs already have the Acme missile and the Acme box with random items, which is something Wile probably would have.
There's much more they can give Wile E. He's used a ton of gadgets over the years. The rocket skates, the giant magnet, the bat suit, the boomerang with dynamite on it, see-saws and catapults, various other kinds of explosives, etc.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
oh everyone in tunes uses acme stuff

There's much more they can give Wile E. He's used a ton of gadgets over the years. The rocket skates, the giant magnet, the bat suit, the boomerang with dynamite on it, see-saws and catapults, various other kinds of explosives, etc.
dont forget the dynamite darts

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Updated my list, rate my most wanted:

-Austin Powers (Assassin Class)
-Daffy Duck (Mage/Ranged, Potentially multiple classes as a stance character)
-**** Dastardly & Muttley (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Fred Flintstone (Bruiser Class)
-Green Lantern (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Gossamer (Tank Class)
-Ice Bear (Assassin Class)
-Lion-O (Bruiser Class)
-The Mask (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Quick Draw McGraw (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Rosie the Robot (Support Class)
-Samurai Jack (Assassin Class)
-Scorpion (Assassin Class)
-Snow Miser (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Speed Buggy (Support Class)
-Steve Urkel (Support Class)
-Top Cat (Bruiser Class)
-Tundro (Tank Class)
-Willy Wonka (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Yogi Bear (Bruiser Class)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Huh, they label LeBron as a Space Jam character after all. Specifically "Space Jam: A New Legacy"
Think we could get a Monstar to rep the first movie?

Also heck, why not, my list of characters I want. Most wanted in italics.

PPG Universe (I'd prefer the girls be separate playable characters)
Blossom (Tank)
Bubbles (Support)
Buttercup (Bruiser)

Mojo Jojo (Mage)

ATHF Universe (genuinely couldn't pick one over the others)
Master Shake (Bruiser)
Meatwad (Tank)
Frylock (Mage)
Carl (Bruiser)

The Warners, preferably separated but I'll take a trio if they can make it work
Pinky and the Brain (in that suit wearing mech, so Tank)
Daffy Duck (Mage)
Wile E Coyote (Mage)
Marceline (Assassin)
Modercai (Mage)
Rigby (Bruiser)
Samurai Jack (Assassin)
Aku (Tank)
Dexter (Assassin if by himself, Tank if in the Dexo-Transformer)
Dial M for Monkey (Bruiser)
Johnny Bravo (Tank)
Grim (Assassin)
Courage (Support)

The Red Guy (Mage)
Freakazoid (Bruiser)
Austin Powers (Bruiser)
Agent J (Assassin)
Charlie from Smiling Friends (Bruiser, swear to god, he's gonna punch ya if you do that again, not even kidding)
Super Grover (Tank)

And for some non-WB completely impossible picks
Scott Pilgrim (Bruiser)
Strong Bad (Bruiser)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I play some Lebron James today and he's actually very fun. He pretty much have a completely different moveset when he doesn't have the ball. Without the ball his attack are way slower tho so it make it more risky to not have it. Also like other characters his animations are very good.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Huh, they label LeBron as a Space Jam character after all. Specifically "Space Jam: A New Legacy"
Think we could get a Monstar to rep the first movie?

Also heck, why not, my list of characters I want. Most wanted in italics.

PPG Universe (I'd prefer the girls be separate playable characters)
Blossom (Tank)
Bubbles (Support)
Buttercup (Bruiser)

Mojo Jojo (Mage)

ATHF Universe (genuinely couldn't pick one over the others)
Master Shake (Bruiser)
Meatwad (Tank)
Frylock (Mage)
Carl (Bruiser)

The Warners, preferably separated but I'll take a trio if they can make it work
Pinky and the Brain (in that suit wearing mech, so Tank)
Daffy Duck (Mage)
Wile E Coyote (Mage)
Marceline (Assassin)
Modercai (Mage)
Rigby (Bruiser)
Samurai Jack (Assassin)
Aku (Tank)
Dexter (Assassin if by himself, Tank if in the Dexo-Transformer)
Dial M for Monkey (Bruiser)
Johnny Bravo (Tank)
Grim (Assassin)
Courage (Support)

The Red Guy (Mage)
Freakazoid (Bruiser)
Austin Powers (Bruiser)
Agent J (Assassin)
Charlie from Smiling Friends (Bruiser, swear to god, he's gonna punch ya if you do that again, not even kidding)
Super Grover (Tank)

And for some non-WB completely impossible picks
Scott Pilgrim (Bruiser)
Strong Bad (Bruiser)
My Predictions Vary from some of the choices here.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Interesting how currently each class except Bruiser has 3 confirmed characters, while it has 7.

Also, every franchise with multiple characters (DC, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Rick & Morty) has one Bruiser.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Interesting how currently each class except Bruiser has 3 confirmed characters, while it has 7.

Also, every franchise with multiple characters (DC, Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Rick & Morty) has one Bruiser.
I really hope they will add more support in the game. I think so far they're very fun, but many people don't like this role and developpers tend to make less support in various games because of that. The fact that the only OC is a support also makes me think that they had less idea with this role to begin with.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Why did they make Finn and Jake separate characters when they can be a duo?
Same for Rick and Morty.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Why did they make Finn and Jake separate characters when they can be a duo?
Same for Rick and Morty.
Because that's a horrible idea?

Sometimes while characters are known to be inseparable, that doesn't mean it translates well to having them as a duo.

For example, Finn and Jake have wildly different movesets. One is a guy with a sword and plenty gadgets and the other is a shapeshifter with stretchy arms, why sacrifice any of them just to shove them into a single character? That's dumb.

Top Bottom