• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

osby

Smash Obsessed
I do wonder how Morty Will fight because from my experience with Rick and Morty he's more a passive protagonist and he's not a fighter at all.
Iron Giant and Velma prove that the developers can make fighters work in a brawl even when they don't really try to fight.

If I have to guess, I'd say Morty will just have bizarre stuff happen to him and hurt his opponents in the process.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Why did they make Finn and Jake separate characters when they can be a duo?
Same for Rick and Morty.
Because Finn and Jake and Rick and Morty have entirely different sets of skills, that smushing them together would have poorly represented. If Finn is swinging Jake shaped like a hammer around, that's not true to Finn's in-universe skills and then we miss out on the cool stuff we could do with Jake's stretchy powers. Same thing with Rick and Morty. That's not true to the characters and what they're capable of at all.
Plus this being a primarily team based game means Finn and Jake/Rick and Morty can still work together anyway in a co-op situation between two players, which is way cooler than one player controlling both.

People seriously need to stop looking at every pair of characters and thinking "Ice Climbers". It doesn't always work. It works for Tom and Jerry brilliantly, but it doesn't mean it's going to work for every duo or trio. It needs to make sense and fit the characters.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
He’s listed as a bruiser, though I’m not entirely sure what that’ll entail for him
There are moments in the show where Morty does fight back and show anger (for example the episode about purging).

As for this game, we know he’s due August 9 but I wonder what moves he’ll have?

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's a team game, but like... I can't keep getting away with this, ahahaha

I even did a match when a teammate got disconnected at the start and I had to fight solo. Yo' girl won but the other team rage quit D:

As of last night, I'm a top 100 Harley main in 1v1 and 2v2, so that's neat

Anyway, as for Morty, I hope one of his attacks involves running from squirrels, ahaha. I imagine his fighting style involving reacting to kooky things happening to him

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Because that's a horrible idea?

Sometimes while characters are known to be inseparable, that doesn't mean it translates well to having them as a duo.

For example, Finn and Jake have wildly different movesets. One is a guy with a sword and plenty gadgets and the other is a shapeshifter with stretchy arms, why sacrifice any of them just to shove them into a single character? That's dumb.
Maybe Finn could have had a move where he summons Jake and becomes a duo with him.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
It's a team game, but like... I can't keep getting away with this, ahahaha

I even did a match when a teammate got disconnected at the start and I had to fight solo. Yo' girl won but the other team rage quit D:

As of last night, I'm a top 100 Harley main in 1v1 and 2v2, so that's neat

Anyway, as for Morty, I hope one of his attacks involves running from squirrels, ahaha. I imagine his fighting style involving reacting to kooky things happening to him
I had a match once where I got teamed up with a Superman as Tom & Jerry. I kid you not, he only did 98 damage that match. No KOs, and I think he even SDd that time.

Anyways, this happened to someone during their livestream:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MultiVersusTheGame/comments/w9s1u8
Nothing special, just Rick casually showing up on the character select screen.

KatKit

Smash Lord
Alrighty, I'm gonna list some characters I'd like to see:

Maxwell (Scribblenauts)
Rosey (Jetsons)
Captain Planet
Spawn
Courage the Cowardly Dog
The Hex Girls (Scooby-Doo)
Huey Freeman (Boondocks)
Amelia Hughes (Infinity Train) [This is my most wanted and I implore you to watch the series!]
The Flea (Mucha Lucha)
Ruby Rose and Weiss Schnee (RWBY)
Megas (Megas XLR)
Aqualad/Kaldur (Young Justice)
Austin Powers
Vixen
Either Lapis Lazuli and/or Pearl (Steven Universe)
Raimundo (Xiaolin Showdown)
Nicole Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
The Animaniacs
Imperator Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road)
Lex Luthor
Penelope Pitstop
Uncle (Jackie Chan Adventures)
Starfire
Grim (Billy and Mandy)
Wile E. Coyote
Secret Squirrel (w/ Morocco Mole assist)
Mordecai and Rigby (Regular Show)
Poison Ivy (I know she's a lock, but still my most wanted Batman rep, ahaha. Speaking of which, Nightwing, Mr. Freeze, Alfred, and/or Barbara would be dope, too)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spawn is Image Comics not DC.

And yes there's Eleven supposedly in the datamining but that might just be the case of a guest character like the guests in the MK games or Negan in Walking Dead. The latter notably in this case Stranger Things popularity.

KatKit

Smash Lord
For sure, but it's important to point out that the devs said that this game isn't solely a WB one, and I imagine negotiating for that character probably won't be too hard since he already appeared in Mortal Kombat twice (and technically Soul Calibur twice, but that's not as relevant, ahaha) and since his movie was distributed by Warner. As far as non-WB/DC IPs go, I think he's highly likely, and would be dope to see in another crossover like this

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I need some of these model swaps to become legit characters

For sure, but it's important to point out that the devs said that this game isn't solely a WB one, and I imagine negotiating for that character probably won't be too hard since he already appeared in Mortal Kombat twice (and technically Soul Calibur twice, but that's not as relevant, ahaha) and since his movie was distributed by Warner. As far as non-WB/DC IPs go, I think he's highly likely, and would be dope to see in another crossover like this
Yeah Spawn might be a slightly easier get because they've already gotten him for MK before, and it just makes sense to want him to interact with more DC characters. I could see him being on the devs minds.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Fair point.

Didn't know his new movie was being distributed by Warner Bros. either. From what I hear too it's gonna focus more on Sam and Twitch with Spawn more in the background.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Twice? When was the time other than MK11?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

KatKit

Smash Lord
I wonder if WB would eventually tap into the Discovery IPs they acquired in the merger. The game's roster would get even more crazy LOL

I need some of these model swaps to become legit characters

Ahahaha, the Cell mod is perfect, no pun intended. And Transformer characters would be awesome in the real game

Fair point.

Didn't know his new movie was being distributed by Warner Bros. either. From what I hear too it's gonna focus more on Sam and Twitch with Spawn more in the background.
I was actually referring to the old movie. New Line Ciema is a Warner Bros label. I didn't know that they're making a Spawn reboot, though, that's cool

Twice? When was the time other than MK11?
MK Mobile's roster is 130 characters. I mistakenly thought he returned alongside Jason, Terminator and the other guests, but apparently he's not in yet. My bad. The game still gets updates, though, so I wouldn't count him out

is he even a legit pick?
He's more of a pipe dream I wanted to bring up, but for what it's worth, the show aired on Kid's WB and had re-runs on Cartoon Network

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Guess it's Finn hating season, with Superman not far behind.

Does anyone else hate how you can't unlock the free fighters? It sucks that shaggy, jake and co have to be unlocked instead of allowing you to unlock them while they are free.

FazDude

Smash Master
Just played for the first time today - Honestly, pretty solid game. I'm not a fan of how grindy unlocking characters seems to be after your first one or two, but I've been having a lot of fun so far with the game itself. I do admit it's a bit mashy at times, but that kinda adds to the chaos that I love the game for.

Right now, I'm a Superman main - I love his Side Specials, and Grounded Up Special is probably more broken than it has any real right to be. However, I do have enough gold to buy a new character. Would people here suggest Batman, Bugs, or Shaggy (those are the three i'm looking at right now)?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Just played for the first time today - Honestly, pretty solid game. I'm not a fan of how grindy unlocking characters seems to be after your first one or two, but I've been having a lot of fun so far with the game itself. I do admit it's a bit mashy at times, but that kinda adds to the chaos that I love the game for.

Right now, I'm a Superman main - I love his Side Specials, and Grounded Up Special is probably more broken than it has any real right to be. However, I do have enough gold to buy a new character. Would people here suggest Batman, Bugs, or Shaggy (those are the three i'm looking at right now)?
Give them a go in training mode first to see who feels better to you.
Bugs is the only one I've used of those three and I've really enjoyed him so far, sticking a ton of junk on the screen is great, though I'm sticking with Harley and Superman atm

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Didn't realize I also want Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures. Would be sick.
"JACKIE!!!"

That's the one line i remember the most of.

Anyways, I have picked up the beta on my brother's ps4 recently this week and after some troubling logging in i've finally got the game.

It's Good i guess, It plays like smash bros though it has some differences that seperates it a bit from the game, the characters are unique, the stages...would need some work as with a bit of the music, and so far the modes are alright.

My main issue is the currency stuff that keeps stuff locked since i didn't buy the premium and when i play against others there's always some strange glitches were me, my ally, or my opponents teleport around the stage, i don't know if it's the ps4 & it's cross progression or i've been playing against hackers(One of the team players as Lebron even started teabaking after he beat me in a match with this problem).

But this game is good, it looks like it has the potential to be a smash bros style MUGEN game and one with a lot of cartoon characters in it so until the game continues i will try to keep on playing & supporting it, hopefully.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So if Non-WB characters are on the table.

Guess anyone's game then.

Give me Hilda and Gamera then goddammit! And Daggett! Rocket Raccoon! Moxxie!

While at it anyone who didn't make the cut for Smash!

Crash Bandicoot! Amaterasu! Doom Slayer! Phoenix Wright!

While were at it! Kratos baby! The Norse Saga incarnation!

The possibilities are endless!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
The more I play Reindog, the more I appreciate his inclusion.

He's not necessarily the easiest fighter but he feels like he's one of the most natural to play coming from Smash with a lot of intuitive attacks, as well as specials that can boost his own moves which is a great nod to remind you to use them during team battles. It's scary how manageable some of his tricks can be once you set them up, such as setting his normal attack on fire with his down special while using up special as a cover.

But most importantly, he's the most adorable thing ever.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
can we expect Ryu coming in at some point?
recently he has been added to brawlhalla
Ryu getting into multiverse would pretty much expand his crossover status with warner bros and we possibly could finally have mortal kombat vs street fighter in some form if Scorpion gets in

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, Gandalf might be scrapped because of issues with Tolkien's estate. That might explain his removal from the code, but not that of Eleven, Daenerys, the Hound, and Craig.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Since it seems characters can get scrapped. Godzilla is certainly high on the list due to reasons I mentioned above.

Warner Bros. has to be careful with every move they make.

D

Deleted member

So, Gandalf might be scrapped because of issues with Tolkien's estate. That might explain his removal from the code, but not that of Eleven, Daenerys, the Hound, and Craig.
eleven could be a rights thing or maybe they've decided to stick to WB characters. Other three are bit harder but maybe they're being held back. Could see them having considered Other GOT characters before settling on Arya. It's still possible we get them though

the same leaker has apparently implied Harry Potter content may be being held off to tie in with the new game so you never know

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
eleven could be a rights thing or maybe they've decided to stick to WB characters. Other three are bit harder but maybe they're being held back. Could see them having considered Other GOT characters before settling on Arya. It's still possible we get them though

the same leaker has apparently implied Harry Potter content may be being held off to tie in with the new game so you never know
I thought they said that Harry Potter content was scrapped because of issues with J.K. Rowling.

Top Bottom