• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
she has voice lines referring to her jnt the files.

Godzilla has some data in the files. Not as much as other characters but proof he's at leats being planned
I'd be fine with him even as a boss honestly. Even a stage hazard.

Even then I'd understand why he wouldn't be made playable as he'd seem awkward being Iron Giant-size at most. At least with Ridley, it worked.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
From the new gameplay the game looks pretty promising I would say. It looks a bit confusing sometimes because of the 2 vs 2 but the animation of the characters are very good. I wish they would show more stages tho because for now we've seen like 4 I think.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Anyone who's got access, who are unlocked right off the bat and who do you have to unlock?

I noticed Garnet for example has to be earned through coins or some in-game currency

amageish

Smash Master
Anyone who's got access, who are unlocked right off the bat and who do you have to unlock?

I noticed Garnet for example has to be earned through coins or some in-game currency
Steven, Superman, Batman, Garnet, and Ayra are all locked in the Alpha. No clue if these will be the locked ones in the final game though, as I imagine Velma and Taz are unlocked by default just because they want people trying the movesets they're still tinkering with... so they may play with it more.

Wonder Woman and Shaggy are the two well-rounded beginner characters.

D

Deleted member

The different alphas have different characters as unlockable iirc

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I hate closed alphas. I play every platform fighter under the sun and I can't get a code even by chance, but some rando can? Makes me very upset. Stupid Thanos-level ****.

HOLY **** I WON A CODE GIVEAWAY THO
Congrats on winning the code giveaway thingie.

I do agree that the “must win a lottery to enter the closed alpha or be referred to by someone who already has” mechanic is ridiculous, but understandable for server reasons.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Personally I didn't even bother trying since I'm never lucky with those stuff. I'm just going to wait for the open beta.

That being said, I watch some gameplay and I'm actually impressed. Animation are amazing and characters interactions are fun. It looks like there's a lot of customisation option too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In the strangest case of luck I've EVER had, I won a third Multiversus code, which I'll give out to whoever wants it. DM me; first come first serve.
Your luck is too good!

I won’t enter (primarily because I‘m an Xbox user and I don’t have Windows or a PS4) so I wish everyone good luck.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I just realised that in the background of the Wonder Woman stages there's a ACME box in the background. I wonder if more stages in the final game will mixes different franchise like Playstation all stars battle royale did. From what I saw, it seems like the ACME box sometimes open and throw fireworks but it doesn't seems to interact with the players but I could be wrong.

multiversus-850x478.jpg

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just realised that in the background of the Wonder Woman stages there's a ACME box in the background. I wonder if more stages in the final game will mixes different franchise like Playstation all stars battle royale did. From what I saw, it seems like the ACME box sometimes open and throw fireworks but it doesn't seems to interact with the players but I could be wrong.

View attachment 352994
ah so maybe the green lantern battery is actually a stage cameo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly think this game will feel incomplete if they don't have Daffy, Scooby, and Joker in the game.

Don't know what it is but having Harley, Taz, Shaggy and Velma in but not them would just feel strange...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Let's double the roster size using only WB characters.

I'm not taking the leaks into account for building a realistic roster so much as this is my dream roster. I did take some inspiration from the leaks though with characters I liked.

In order from least to most wanted:

16. Godzilla
15. Gizmo
14. The Wicked Witch of the West
13. Gandalf
12. The Mask
11. Rick Sanchez
10. Betelgeuse
9. Ruby Rose
8. Samurai Jack
7. Pibby
6. The Powerpuff Girls
5. Scorpion
4. Fred Flintstone
3. Daffy Duck
2. Harry Potter
1. Ben Tennyson

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Out of curiosity but what ties does Warner Bros. have with RWBY that makes the characters edible? Do they have any distribution to Rooster Teeth or something?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Anyway, voice cast for my wanted fighters:

-Austin Powers (Mike Myers)
-**** Dastardly & Muttley (Jeff Bergman)
-Green Lantern (Phil LaMarr for Stewart, Josh Keaton for Jordan, Will Friedle for Rayner, Diedrich Bader for Gardener, Myrna Velasco for Cruz)
-Ice Bear (Demetri Martin)
-Lion-O (Larry Kenney)
-The Mask (Rob Paulson)
-Quick Draw McGraw (Billy West)
-Rosie the Robot (Tress MacNeille)
-Samurai Jack (Phil LaMarr)
-Scorpion (Patrick Seitz)
-Snow Miser (no clue)
-Steve Urkel (Jaleel White)
-Top Cat (Tom Kenny)
-Willy Wonka (Jess Harnell)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Having spent some time with this alpha, I can safely say my fears in regards to perks were justified; not only are you already at a distinct disadvantage by choosing a character you're not familiar with, but when going up against someone's main, it'll be given four or so perks, putting you at an even bigger disadvantage - and if perks can be obtained quicker by spending more money, then it really will become a pay-to-win for the more casual players; there really needs to be a perkless mode. In addition, because perks can mess with effects like speed and weight, it'll be impossible to learn proper combos with characters since attributes can be modified so easily.

TL;DR - If this game wants to be able to have tournaments and such, perks gotta go.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Having spent some time with this alpha, I can safely say my fears in regards to perks were justified; not only are you already at a distinct disadvantage by choosing a character you're not familiar with, but when going up against someone's main, it'll be given four or so perks, putting you at an even bigger disadvantage - and if perks can be obtained quicker by spending more money, then it really will become a pay-to-win for the more casual players; there really needs to be a perkless mode. In addition, because perks can mess with effects like speed and weight, it'll be impossible to learn proper combos with characters since attributes can be modified so easily.

TL;DR - If this game wants to be able to have tournaments and such, perks gotta go.
While the part about playing against someone who uses their main and levels is something I understand, the devs have confirmed that the only microtransactions will be cosmetics.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 352994
I think that stage is supposed to be the Battlefield of this game and doesn't represent how regular stages are handled.

Official site lists its name as Trophy's E.D.G.E.

Top Bottom