• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Even if this is fake, I actually really like this leak.
View attachment 339333
The finale base roster is really plausible. Harry Potter not on it can make or break and contradict the leaker's guessing. I recall reading the creator of Harry Potter may not want any representation to prevent breaking Harry Potter's immersion.
While my general stance is to ignore whatever is churned out of /v/, this one does try to actually sound plausible (especially seeing as The Joker is a staple at this point). Depending on when we'll hear further news, the Game Awards would be the earliest time for it.

Can't help but love the follow-up reply though. 🦸‍♂️

amageish

Smash Master
dont even know what that is
They're two games published by Adult Swim Games. One is Mina, the protagonist of beat-em-up/match-3-puzzle-game/cooking-simulator Battle Chef Brigade, and the other is the titular Robot Unicorn from flash/mobile-game series Robot Unicorn Attack.

Even if this is fake, I actually really like this leak.
View attachment 339333
The finale base roster is really plausible. Harry Potter not on it can make or break and contradict the leaker's guessing. I recall reading the creator of Harry Potter may not want any representation to prevent breaking Harry Potter's immersion.
The opening line of this leak makes me think it is a parody of leaks + the King Kong boss comment seems like a Ridley comment parody (in a "King Kong is too big to be playable, so he's a boss" kind of way), but the actual roster does seem like an entirely reasonable prediction to me! All very plausible choices who feel like they represent Warner bros in a somewhat well-rounded way, even if it'd be a modern-biased roster.

UserKev

Smash Champion
While my general stance is to ignore whatever is churned out of /v/, this one does try to actually sound plausible (especially seeing as The Joker is a staple at this point). Depending on when we'll hear further news, the Game Awards would be the earliest time for it.

Can't help but love the follow-up reply though. 🦸‍♂️
There's also what's typically mentioned in patterns like the leak lists. I really hope we see a Classic Mode. I think two variants, a team focus and solo Classic Mode would be neat.
The opening line of this leak makes me think it is a parody of leaks + the King Kong boss comment seems like a Ridley comment parody (in a "King Kong is too big to be playable, so he's a boss" kind of way), but the actual roster does seem like an entirely reasonable prediction to me! All very plausible choices who feel like they represent Warner bros in a somewhat well-rounded way, even if it'd be a modern-biased roster.
Honestly another Smash parallel, we need more heavy weights. I guess Garnet, Superman and technically Batman are the heavy weights, but Batman and Superman will most likely be floaty. Garnet is currently the only true essential heavy weight.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They're two games published by Adult Swim Games. One is Mina, the protagonist of beat-em-up/match-3-puzzle-game/cooking-simulator Battle Chef Brigade, and the other is the titular Robot Unicorn from flash/mobile-game series Robot Unicorn Attack.
that explains why ive never heard of them

I recall reading the creator of Harry Potter may not want any representation to prevent breaking Harry Potter's immersion.
she broke the immersion herself ages ago

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
she broke the immersion herself ages ago
Yeah, uh, I loved Potter when I was younger, but I will not miss it if it is not in this game.

King Kong too big rip Godzilla and Iron Giant dreams
It's funny to me how much the debates around King Kong, Godzilla, and Iron Giant are just old Smash debates copied basically 1:1 with the "Are they too big for you to meaningfully feel like you're playing as them" and, for Iron Giant, the "Would it break immersion to have him fight when his narrative is so based around pacifism?".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
the presence of Ruby makes me doubt that leak but heh, i believe it.

King Kong too big rip Godzilla and Iron Giant dreams
This feels like a good time to pull this out:

https://external-preview.redd.it/Jc...bp&s=d77e0701ffb0e7c53995779731421390c87e1e7a

...If only it weren't for the fact that one specific word from it can't be used here.

Yeah, uh, I loved Potter when I was younger, but I will not miss it if it is not in this game.

It's funny to me how much the debates around King Kong, Godzilla, and Iron Giant are just old Smash debates copied basically 1:1 with the "Are they too big for you to meaningfully feel like you're playing as them" and, for Iron Giant, the "Would it break immersion to have him fight when his narrative is so based around pacifism?".
Meanwhile there's no problem talking about George, Lizzie and Ralph being a thing other than the fear of being "replacements" for Kong/Big G, seeing as they're small by kaiju standards.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'm expecting Rick... Scorpion or Midway Arcade or Adult Swim Games would be very appropriate for the venue, but I'm thinking it'll just be Rick...

Also, I have a very stupid pitch/idea that I cannot get out of my head. Last Week Tonight, an HBO and therefore Warner Bros show, had a YouTube-exclusive segment about the history of video games being made to promote snack food products (Cool Spot, Pepsiman, etc) and it ends with John Oliver making a therefore joke about how he will convince his staff to put him into a video game on the grounds that he is at least as interesting as Chex cereal.

1639086526240.png

Now, this is a joke, but also... What if it wasn't a joke?

Put John Oliver in Multiversus.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
So its finally happening, unfortunately I didn't get an invite, but it looks like many people didn't either?

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Anyone in the Discord server? Some players have got around the NDA and everyone is confirming that the game is fun. The NDA is serious business tho so its a huge risk to talk about the beta.
I suppose there hasn't been any hint at a new character, besides the ones we already know right?

Well at least the game being fun is a good sign.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I didn't even know that the beta was already rolling. A bit disappointed that I missed that but hopefull we'll have more news soon. I hate when dev do public beta but nobody can share things about it.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
In case anyone needs more update, the devs are answering more fan questions.

Kind of hard to believe how much we're actually responded by them.
Hmm the answer about the pay to win elements is a bit concerning. The dev says that the game isn't pay to win, but then he explain that some perks boost you character speed or improve your dodge. Isn't that... pay to win?? I guess we'll see when we will have the game in our hands.

The final question is also interesting. There might be Non WB characters, which is why the game isn't named WB brawlers. Could mean something about Lebron James coming.

AlRex

Smash Lord
On non-WB fighters: remember LEGO Dimensions had the likes of Ghostbusters, the A*Team, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Doctor Who, E.T., the Simpsons (probably not now), Knight Rider, even Sonic and Portal. So maybe we can expect some unexpected picks if this goes far enough.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
On non-WB fighters: remember LEGO Dimensions had the likes of Ghostbusters, the A*Team, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, Doctor Who, E.T., the Simpsons (probably not now), Knight Rider, even Sonic and Portal. So maybe we can expect some unexpected picks if this goes far enough.
isnt lego a separate entity from WB?

AlRex

Smash Lord
isnt lego a separate entity from WB?
The game was published by Warner Games, IIRC, and most properties in it were WB, so it still gives a slight bit of indication of what may be possible. No guarantees, though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
My guess is DLC will have a pseudo-Warner Bros. theme. Not every character will be owned by Warner Bros., but will be from products that Warner Bros. had some hand in making.

Obviously, the already-leaked Space Jam 2 Lebron James would be an example of this, but I also think it makes Jotaro Kujo (or some other JJBA character) a very strong possibility in light of Shaggy. Multiversus' dev team knows that memes and anime will catch people's attention, so I think it's more a matter of Shuiesha, Lucky Land Communications, and (possibly) David Productions playing along.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Multiversus' dev team knows that memes and anime will catch people's attention, so I think it's more a matter of Shuiesha, Lucky Land Communications, and (possibly) David Productions playing along.
that seems like a bad idea. memes can be fleeting its like such a waste for appeal that might not last as long as the game does

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
that seems like a bad idea. memes can be fleeting its like such a waste for appeal that might not last as long as the game does
In the post-irony era we live in. If a meme takes off, you will see it come back one way or another. Shaggy came back and even the ****ing "Damn Daniel" meme resurfaced in a different way. As long as the meme is tactful and is done well like Shaggy's implementation in Multiversus. It could be good.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In the post-irony era we live in. If a meme takes off, you will see it come back one way or another. Shaggy came back and even the ****ing "Damn Daniel" meme resurfaced in a different way. As long as the meme is tactful and is done well like Shaggy's implementation in Multiversus. It could be good.
unless of course youre a person who doesnt like memes in which case you cant find them ever well implemented

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think there are still some parts that lack punch, such as the blast zones and the way "Victory" lazily bounces in, but the voices sound very good and the gameplay speed and combos are very interesting.

It makes sense that they'd slow down some gameplay to show each character's animations and the like but they probably should've shown some normal speed gameplay at the same time. Good we're getting it now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbf though Jotaro would be much more than a meme character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Central character from the anime / manga jojo's bizarre adventure.
I’d heard he was called Jonathan

Jotaro is main protagonist of JoJo series. He is a man, who has a stand and it uses for Battles.
His stand known as Platinium Star and he does a flurry of punches at opponents or their stands.

Just watch JoJo if you want to find out more about him.
I do not

Top Bottom