• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

UserKev

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess Multiversus is really trying not to rip directly from Smash. I'm not too confident the game will even be a cultural phenomenon but the roster potential is very interesting. Alright. After doing some digging, these are the ultimate characters and series I want represented.

1. Samurai Jack.
2. Powerpuff Girls
3. Courage The Cowardly Dog.
4. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Give me Coco. She could have an interesting play style with her egg gimmicky that can produced nearly anything.
5. Ice King. Adventure Time isn't properly represented with Finn and Jake. Ice King is an absolute need.
6. Raven
7. Jasper
8. Osmosis Jones
9. Buster Bunny

Honorable mentions to Dexter, Infinity Train, Ice Bear.

Yeah I guess Multiversus is really trying not to rip directly from Smash. I'm not too confident the game will even be a cultural phenomenon but the roster potential is very interesting. Alright. After doing some digging, these are the ultimate characters and series I want represented.

1. Samurai Jack.
2. Powerpuff Girls
4. Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. Give me Coco. She could have an interesting play style with her egg gimmicky that can produced nearly anything.
5. Ice King. Adventure Time isn't properly represented with Finn and Jake. Ice King is an absolute need.
6. Raven
7. Jasper
8. Osmosis Jones
9. Buster Bunny

We need Gumball, Johnny Bravo, Dexter, Mordecai and Rigby, Robin, Gandalf and Rick Sanchez

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

1. Samurai Jack.
2. Powerpuff Girls
6. Raven
7. Jasper
8. Osmosis Jones
9. Buster Bunny

I'm optimistic about MVS but I am confident that the game at its best would never leave any sort of similar impact. Not even a huge dent on what Smash has done. As that franchise had 20+ years without relying on F2P service too.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Delzethin made a video about MultiVersus if anyone's interested:

I find it pretty helpful, as most gameplay footage we got so far was kinda hectic and it wasn't easy to understand characters' movesets even when they are slowed down.

His concerns about the game are also justified imo but I appreciate that he gives some concrete reasoning and doesn't just jump on the "F2P evil" train.

D

Deleted member

Would be cool if we got character showcases similar to Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl where the devs showcase all the moves of each character.

Really curious about the moveset of characters such as Superman, Tom & Jerry, Steven or Shaggy.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Would be cool if we got character showcases similar to Nickelodeon All Stars Brawl where the devs showcase all the moves of each character.

Really curious about the moveset of characters such as Superman, Tom & Jerry, Steven or Shaggy.
Agreed, but they'd first need to talk more about general gameplay.

We still don't know how many buttons/attacks the game has.

If there is Final Smash showcased in Multiversus, Shaggy's FS would be cool.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's how I think the five classes will play:

Bruisers: They will focus mostly on powerful, close-ranged attacks.
Assassins: They will focus mostly on speed.
Mages: They will focus mostly on projectiles and other ranged attacks.
Tanks: They will focus mostly on defense.
Supports: They will focus mostly on helping teammates.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I present to you all Rate Their Chances MultiVersus edition!

Come here to discuss potential candidates for the game and earn noms to give towards a character or concept so they can have their own day to be talked about and debated.

Also you can make support threads in the MultiVersus forum. Just make sure the character you make the support thread for is either completely/partially owned by Warner Bros, or has made a significant appearance in a Warner Bros product such as a movie, TV show, comic book, etc. Make sure you write 3 paragraphs, one to explain who the character is, another one to explain their moveset and stage ideas, and the last one to explain why they should be playable in MultiVersus.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
View attachment 341411
Found this cool fan concept of what Godzilla would look like in the game.
I'm probably one of the biggest Godzilla fans around, but I personally think he'd work out better as a stage. Don't get me wrong I'd be happy if he were a character, but I think his representation would be better as a stage since he could be at full size.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I'm a huge fan of Godzilla as well, but I just don't know how I would feel if he was shrunken down like that. I agree with PK-remling where Godzilla works better as a center piece of a stage or something.
I also think Godzilla should be a stage along with King Kong. Him being small wouldn't seem right.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Current most wanted list:

-Aquaman
-Austin Powers
-Beetlejuice
-Cyborg
-Daffy Duck
-**** Dastardly
-Flash
-Fred Flintstone
-Green Lantern
-Ice Bear
-Joker
-Legolas
-Lion-O
-Magilla Gorilla
-Marceline
-Marvin the Martian
-The Mask
-Neo
-Perseus (Clash of the Titans)
-Pinky and the Brain
-Quick Draw McGraw
-Raven
-Rosie (Jetsons)
-Samurai Jack
-Scooby Doo
-Scorpion
-Sloth
-Snow Miser
-Steve Urkel
-Stripe (Gremlins)
-Taz
-Top Cat
-Wicked Witch of the West
-Wile E Coyote
-Willy Wonka
-Yakko, Wakko & Dot
-Yogi Bear

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I'm in a multiversus discord and everyone is of a hive mind simping over a version of Robin that's a starfish. His name is Jarro. I expect him to be a major contender for dlc but I never heard of him until today

Baysha

Smash Ace
Black and White as alt costumes of themselves.

(Either a duo fighter or as one character?)
One character. They're so opposed to each other that I feel they just can't work as a duo. Even if they go with the "duo who's attacks are just attacking each other" like with NASB Catdog or (presumably) Tom and Jerry. It'd just be too weird seeing them work together.

I'm in a multiversus discord and everyone is of a hive mind simping over a version of Robin that's a starfish. His name is Jarro. I expect him to be a major contender for dlc but I never heard of him until today

Jarro_2-0.jpg

...Yeah. This is a lock if I've ever seen one. If he doesn't get in then Multiversus is the worst game of all time.

Top Bottom