• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSC #3: The Week before Pound Shenanigans. Mount Etna, IN -CANCELLED-

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
MSC #3: The Week before Pound Shenanigans.

Contact Information
Unfortunately, reaching me by phone will be really hard to do until the day before/day of the tournament, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. (However, the thread will be updated with a phone number a week before the tournament.)

Instead, you can send me a message on smashboards or send me an email at jonathon.lee.lewis@gmail.com, I will get back to you immediately.

Location/Venue information
Address: 594W 594S Mount Etna, IN 46792

The venue is a lodge with some woods behind it or something, Ducky's mom WILL be supervising us. But you can basically do as you like as long as your not harming the venue's property. (Which is property of Ducky's family, I believe.)

Venue Rules

Nope's NO BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

No Illegal Substances.

No Alcoholic Beverages.

Smoking is an issue that I will have to discuss with Ducky's family. However, I already know there will be ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING inside the venue, outside may be a different story. I will alert you all in the thread when I can about smoking.

Date
January 9th, 2010. However, we may be allowing people to come on the 8th, depending on interest.

TOs/Payment Information
TOs
XeroXen
Ducky
Javix

Payment Information

$10 for singles
$10 for doubles
$5 venue fee. WAIVED UPON BRINGING A FULL SETUP. (Excess venue fees will go towards the pot or towards free food, it all depends on what the majority wants.)

Payout
The payout is basically being determined by the amount of people coming, if we have a low turnout it will be Top 3, if we have a high turnout it will be Top 5.

However, if the majority of the people coming to the tourney would rather add the venue money to the pot, I will raise the payout to Top 5 regardless of the amount of people coming, the payouts can be seen below.

Time Schedule
Doubles Registration will start at 10:30AM sharp, and last until 12:00PM.
Singles Registration will start at 1:30PM, and will last until 3:00PM or until doubles are finished.

Top 3
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Top 5
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4% each

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd:30%
3rd:15%

Rules/Stagelist
General rules

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

= Mage's DQ Rule: Once your match is called, it must be played. A smasher who is two (2) minutes late will be issued a warning (2 warnings = First Game Loss, 3 warnings = DQ). A smasher who is four (4) minutes late will be issued an automatic loss for game one. A smasher who is seven (7) minutes late will be issued a disqualification (DQ) (Taken from TBB's tournament thread, because I agree with it completely. I WILL DISQUALIFY ANYBODY!!! This includes myself.)

= Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may NOT pause your game unless your opponent allows it. (Your reason for pausing MUST be of absolute quality, no pausing for stupid reasons)

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Hanenbow (For doubles ONLY)

Side Event

Our first side event was going to be BRAWL MINUS!!! But unfortunately we're not sure if they'll have all the characters released before this tournament starts, so instead I'm going to allow people in this thread to make suggestions and we'll just do whatever the majority wants.

Attendance/Setup List

Attendance

Confirmed
XeroXen
Ducky
Javix
Vamp
Calebyte
Joemama(Rouge)
Asdioh

Unconfirmed
Trip
Mellow
TheBlueBlade

Setups
Huntington Setup #1
Huntington Setup #2
Huntington Setup #3
Huntington Setup #4? (Unsure about this one at this time.)
Calebyte's Setup
Joemama's Setup

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!
And tell me on the thread if you're going to beforehand, so I can get an estimate of how many we'll have.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Might be able to make it. If I do, it would technically be a stop on my way back to Muncie lol. (also willing to help TO)

Nope

Smash Lord
If Springfield is coming, I'll change it.

Shenanigans are shenanigans.

EDIT: So far, there's a setup for EVERY confirimed person!!!
no promises this is the week before pound and there are other things going on as well. Thanks for the offer though, I will let you know what we decide to do.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
lolparentchaperone

lolhanenbow

well, since you FINALLY put this up I'll come.

But this is not Huntington.

dunno about bringing a setup...maybe a TV.

Count

Smash Champion
To be honest you should consider changing this to the week after pound. At least then, you might get some people to go, whereas now, theres already two OH tournaments, one of which a big portion of IN is planning on going to. I don't even know if I could make it on the 23rd, but I'm sure a lot of other people would be able to make it.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
To be honest you should consider changing this to the week after pound. At least then, you might get some people to go, whereas now, theres already two OH tournaments, one of which a big portion of IN is planning on going to. I don't even know if I could make it on the 23rd, but I'm sure a lot of other people would be able to make it.
That would be nice. I kind of want to go to the Cinci smashfest, and attendance to this tourney would improve if the date was pushed back. But it's no big deal either way.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
TBB: You have to realize that even though you set the date in stone, that's not going to cause TOs to consider the tournament to be on that date when they're choosing a date for their tournament. It's not known where the tournaments going to be and the tournament isn't out in the open (on the list of tournaments in the MW Board). You have to be flexible so that if something like this happens, you have other dates free that you can use instead. Also, figuring out where the tournament's going to be two weeks before it's to happen is going to cause problems. Attendance at this event is going to suffer horribly because others planned tournaments, and a large smashfest, long ago in advance. And many of them are nearby, so conflicts will happen and attendance will suffer. So I apologize, Xero. TBB, I suggest you switch the date, as Count said, to the 23rd of January. You'll get a much larger attendance and, as far as I know, there are no other events on that date.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
TBB: You have to realize that even though you set the date in stone, that's not going to cause TOs to consider the tournament to be on that date when they're choosing a date for their tournament. It's not known where the tournaments going to be and the tournament isn't out in the open (on the list of tournaments in the MW Board). You have to be flexible so that if something like this happens, you have other dates free that you can use instead. Also, figuring out where the tournament's going to be two weeks before it's to happen is going to cause problems. Attendance at this event is going to suffer horribly because others planned tournaments, and a large smashfest, long ago in advance. And many of them are nearby, so conflicts will happen and attendance will suffer. So I apologize, Xero. TBB, I suggest you switch the date, as Count said, to the 23rd of January. You'll get a much larger attendance and, as far as I know, there are no other events on that date.
Well, this is not my decision to make. I'll back up Xero in every way that I can, but... if a new date boosts attendence, then I suggest it. The only reason I will say not to do so is that if it goes to the 23rd, then that gives one week break before the next circuit event (planned for February 6th, but that might get changed according to Ankoku).

So in a way, I'm in between arguments. To Xero's side, the date has been scheduled for nearly 2 and a half months, but to yours (and Counts) argument, boosted attendence. That's all I have to say about this. I leave it up to the TO himself.

Do the 23rd, i probably wont make it on that day unless i stumble upon some EZ-moneys cuz im going to Ohayo con the following weekend, but i was definately concerned about turnout at my MSC event cuz face it, turn out makes the tourney. Xero you have my support to change the date! make it happen little man

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Unfortunately, I CAN'T change the date. Ducky's venue has to do a vote with the board members or whatever before we can do anything on any date. This date was already voted on and allowed, however their next meeting isn't until next month, so we won't be able to hold anything on the 23rd.

So the date will stay, although I really wish I could change it to help attendance.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Has this really been known about for over 2 months? I mean, I heard about it because TBB and Xero told me about it, but this thread wasn't made until a few days ago...

23rd would be nice but whatever. I'll come either way because it's so close :/

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If people would pay attention to circuit schedules then yes, it would've been known. But whatever, I can't stop anyone from scheduling the same day. It's bound to happen.
No. If you had gotten up the tournament thread early, or made it known somehow that something was going to be done in a specific place on a specific day, it would have been less likely that someone would have put something on that day. Saying "we're going to probably do something on this day, somewhere" isn't enough reason for TOs to hold back from putting a tournament on that day. Having set dates, long in advance, without any other information about the tournament, is going to cause problems. Not the other people that went to the trouble to get all of the info settled and the thread actually up.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
One way to eliminate this problem in the future then would be if you are planning on holding a tournament on such and such a day, then just PM me (or whoever is the TO of a tournament) and just ask, "Hey, are you still planning on something this day?"

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
No. If you had gotten up the tournament thread early, or made it known somehow that something was going to be done in a specific place on a specific day, it would have been less likely that someone would have put something on that day. Saying "we're going to probably do something on this day, somewhere" isn't enough reason for TOs to hold back from putting a tournament on that day. Having set dates, long in advance, without any other information about the tournament, is going to cause problems. Not the other people that went to the trouble to get all of the info settled and the thread actually up.
One way to eliminate this problem in the future then would be if you are planning on holding a tournament on such and such a day, then just PM me (or whoever is the TO of a tournament) and just ask, "Hey, are you still planning on something this day?"
You're both right. Personally I won't know about a tournament unless I see a THREAD up about it. It has to be a pain to search through circuit threads and stuff to see what dates they are "planning" to use.

....what we COULD do....is make one "calender" thread to show who is planning to hold a potential tournament, and when.

........hmmmm

ducky98

Smash Cadet
Sorry about the lack of address i will get that tomorrow and along with any information on possibly rescheduling even though there is a VERY low chance it can be done.

EDIT: Also this is not owned by my family it is just a lodge my uncle goes to and we happen to use it for Christmas get togethers so i figured I would ask about this being a possible venue, also i don't know if there is any woods around it i forget

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'd like to come to this, but I don't have a car, if there's anyone who would be passing through the Bloomington area and would be willing to pick me up, it would be much appreciated...

ducky98

Smash Cadet
The address is 594W 594S (I know Gotta love country addresses) and I have a number that hopefully people can use to find out how to get there 1-260-579-8695(my really ****ty cellphone). I haven't received word of if we can reschedule I will call again tomorrow and get word.

ducky98

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, I CAN'T change the date. Ducky's venue has to do a vote with the board members or whatever before we can do anything on any date. This date was already voted on and allowed, however their next meeting isn't until next month, so we won't be able to hold anything on the 23rd.

So the date will stay, although I really wish I could change it to help attendance.
I misread this. The next meeting is actually between the 9th and the 23rd (the 14th or 11th I believe) thus if we cancel it and hope we are in a all or nothing situation.

Top Bottom