• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a thought, but what if G&W got like "Eyes" that the other Super-Flat Worlders have, and had some sort of a (VERY feint, like, barely visible at all) metallic-ish shine, like the sun reflecting off of a Game Screen? It'd be a pretty cool redesign.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought, but what if G&W got like "Eyes" that the other Super-Flat Worlders have, and had some sort of a (VERY feint, like, barely visible at all) metallic-ish shine, like the sun reflecting off of a Game Screen? It'd be a pretty cool redesign.
Alt costume? I dont know that I would (personally) like really any changes to his default appearance.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Alt costume? I dont know that I would (personally) like really any changes to his default appearance.
I want it to stay the same as well, but if said changes did happen, i'd be fine with it.
<---I drew a Picture. Yay 4 me.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It would widen the amount of expressions he could make though, since SSB4 seems to focus heavily on character expressions and their reactions to things. You can only go so far with just a mouth. Another interesting addition would be to make him appear increasingly dimmer as he takes damage, like what LCD devices do when low on battery power.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Instead of black/white, we can have white/black GW for the ultimate in eye-bleeding action.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It would widen the amount of expressions he could make though, since SSB4 seems to focus heavily on character expressions and their reactions to things. You can only go so far with just a mouth. Another interesting addition would be to make him appear increasingly dimmer as he takes damage, like what LCD devices do when low on battery power.
Or you could even give him cartoon effects... like those little dashy-thingys that appear when a character is surprised.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see Mr G&W receiving a massive change, I'd assume that his distinctive movement and 2D illusion would be enough to for the devs as characterizing features, especially since WFT is without a real face. Although it would be amazing if he dimmed instead of smoking at high percentages.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Hi all, Im not much of a GNW player, but I noticed something during the Nintendo Digital Event, when the figurines were being discussed.

Now you might argue, well theres toad, and 2d mario...but I dont recall a GNW game on Wii U....is this confirmation of GNW in Smash Wii U

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I don't think GW needs a confirmation. He likely won't be revealed before the release, or not until very close to it. But yeah, I don't think they would cut him and then include his image in the event like that.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
So nothing too surprising but still, feels good to hear it. CHEERS GAME AND WATCHERS! Hopefully, soon we see some screen shots and videos of our glorious, 2D, silhouetted messiah in.... 3D? HD? Is this enough to get us into the confirmed characters board?

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
Acutally he was just used as a joke as he predates pac accordig to gamexplain. So he was basically confirmed but not officaly

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Find it odd that Mr. Game & Watch isn't on the site yet. Maybe they are waiting until tomorrow to do a huge reveal of like 6 different veterans returning? One of which includes Mr. Game & Watch?

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pit is shown, but not confirmed as a character. Game & Watch is shown, but not confirmed as a character. Why must you torment me so, Sakurai?
It has been well established that Sakurai is a shamless troll.

Find it odd that Mr. Game & Watch isn't on the site yet. Maybe they are waiting until tomorrow to do a huge reveal of like 6 different veterans returning? One of which includes Mr. Game & Watch?
He's most definitely a hidden character, we'll probably see him soon.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It has been well established that Sakurai is a shamless troll.

He's most definitely a hidden character, we'll probably see him soon.
What is the point to keep a revealed character secret on the site? Just seems kind of confusing.

Custom

Smash Cadet
What is the point to keep a revealed character secret on the site? Just seems kind of confusing.
Because it's not about being secret on the site, he's going to be an unlockable character so they can't "officially" put him on the roster yet.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Because it's not about being secret on the site, he's going to be an unlockable character so they can't "officially" put him on the roster yet.
Seems super weird. Then why announce him at all? He didn't have to be packaged with Pac-Man.

G&W's proportions are all weird in that Pac-Man trailer. It almost looks like he was drawn for that brief appearance and not taken from the Smash games.

It's anomalous, but I'll try not to assume that his appearance confirms or denies him in any way.

I'd be over the moon on in ecstasy if he was confirmed, since, as one can see to their left, he was the only character I ever considered a "main." Love that guy!

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sakurai works in mysterious ways, my friend.
Why is that like the excuse for everything. Whenever something doesn't make sense, everyone goes to "Oh well, that's because Sakurai is weird and a genius." I guess it is plausible, it is just very weird to not announce veterans.

I'm pretty sure that this has to do with the oddly staggered news along E3. So that more media outlets cover them than the other 2. It seems to be working. I'm thinking we will NOT get any newcomers tomorrow, but we will get at least 3 Veterans. Wario, Lucas, and Metaknight.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
G&W's proportions are all weird in that Pac-Man trailer. It almost looks like he was drawn for that brief appearance and not taken from the Smash games.
I actually went back and played Game and Watch Gallery 4 a week ago. If anything, his appearance in the trailer is more in line with some of the G&W titles than his original proportions were. My guess is that they want him to look like a blend of various G&W characters rather than just the protagonist from Fire.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I can almost guarantee that's not going to be his in-game model, because without the white outlines he'll be nigh impossible to see on certain stages.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I can almost guarantee that's not going to be his in-game model, because without the white outlines he'll be nigh impossible to see on certain stages.
Just saying, but what if there was a new Game & Watch game and this was his design? Just a possibility.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
It's possible, but I'm still banking on him having his usual white outline in Smash itself.
It IS on a white background...

Edit: I'm an idiot, forgot about the shadows. Maybe the outlines only appear in dark areas.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So.... how long until we see him do you think? I assume it has to be sometime this week, considering that this is more or less a flat out confirmation... I really doubt Sakurai would sit on this with us knowing he exists.

volbound1700

Smash Master
There are several characters we know are back but are not confirmed yet:

Captain Falcon (we have items from his game, of course he will be back)
Ness (I doubt he gets cut)
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Falco
Ganondorf

etc.

I honestly think most the vets are coming back if not all the Brawl ones. (Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake may get the boot).

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
There are several characters we know are back but are not confirmed yet:

Captain Falcon (we have items from his game, of course he will be back)
Ness (I doubt he gets cut)
Wario
Mr. Game & Watch
Ice Climbers
Falco
Ganondorf

etc.

I honestly think most the vets are coming back if not all the Brawl ones. (Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake may get the boot).
Lucas cut as well, going by the Sal leak.

jigglover

Smash Lord
[quote="volbound1700, post: 16877969, member: 71294]
Captain Falcon (we have items from his game, of course he will be back)[/quote]

But by that logic, something like a Pilot Wings rep is confirmed. And Nintendogs! Obviously Captain Falcon will be back, but that logic is flawed.

Top Bottom