• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
G&W is back, period. If it was up to me, I'd move this thread to the confirmed section. That's how certain I am he's back. Under no circumstances would Sakurai ever cut him. If Smash is about Nintendo's history, then you better be damned that their FIRST CHARACTER would be in the game. The way I see it, his appearance in Pac-Man's trailer was a confirmation, just not a formal one. Showing him as being even older and more classic than Mario and DK, in particular, is Sakurai saying "this guy is important. He can never be cut."

So yeah, let's just put this thread in the confirmed section. He's in.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mr G&W was also shown when they announced the Amiibus. Sure, so was Lucina (who was posing as Marth) but I don't think of it as coincidence. There's just no way Mr. Game & Watch will be cut.

Hong

The Strongest
At this point, just let the formalities come to pass.

Everyone knows he's back, but wait until the Miiverse update comes along before the forum goes up.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I think it's safe to say G&W, Wario and Ganon are back since they were all shown during e3. But it's not like most of us expected otherwise

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well at the end of the pac-man reveal trailer.

Game and watch was shown for reference.

But overall i think at pretty much confirms game and watch.

(But yea im sure his design is not going to be what was it like at the ending. I think it will still with since back on melee.

D

Deleted member

I think the real question about Game & Watch at this point is
when

Also if his nair will be the same as Brawl or reverted to the chute from Melee.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
when

God I want that Melee parachute back... either way is good though. Brawl GW was at least balanced and ironed out.

So we should have this conversation here since it may be a long time before we get our own sub-forum in the confirmed characters section. How is GW special customization going to work? Especially judgement. Can we please make every hit a 9, please Sakurai? :troll:

I also predict his N-B will involve a fast and choatic spray of popcorn on the one side, and perhaps a big, slow steaming fish on the other. Will GW finally have some legitimate projectile game? o_o

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Mr G&W was also shown when they announced the Amiibus. Sure, so was Lucina (who was posing as Marth) but I don't think of it as coincidence. There's just no way Mr. Game & Watch will be cut.
GaW AND Lucina will be getting in :124:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
when

Keep the fishbowl. Sweet damage racking in tandem with bair, allowing interchangeable use without stale move negation, provides forward hitbox coverage and makes a follow-up fair easy.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Mr. Game & Watch is definitely a shoe-in. I hope for the Ice Climbers to get revealed soon as well. I'm sure they'll return as well, since the Polar Bear (from Ice Climber) appears in the Smash Run mode in the 3DS version.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
[quote="volbound1700, post: 16877969, member: 71294]
Captain Falcon (we have items from his game, of course he will be back)
But by that logic, something like a Pilot Wings rep is confirmed. And Nintendogs! Obviously Captain Falcon will be back, but that logic is flawed.[/quote]

Not really because Captain Falcon has been in every game and it is clear he is coming back. It would make absolutely 0 sense for Sakurai to have content in the game from F-Zero and leave out CF.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I forgot about that.

The Octopus could also work as a large enemy or stage boss. (if MG&W's final smash was changed that is)
I was going to mention the octopus, but since he was/is G&W's FS, I thought it would be redundant for it to also be an enemy. It could even be possible for the Oil Panic customers or Lion tamers to reappear with the same role in Flat Zone 2: take damage if they cross paths with one of your hitboxes.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Probably gonna be confirmed soon/tomorrow. Blame Pac-Man's Trailer.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I want it to stay the same as well, but if said changes did happen, i'd be fine with it.
<---I drew a Picture. Yay 4 me.
Wow, he looks so much like one of the Bone cousins in that picture.

Anyways, I'm happy to see that Mr. Game & Watch is all but confirmed to be playable! He was my secondary main in Brawl.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
When I saw G&W at the end of the Pac-Man trailer, having heard that there was an Amiibo shown earlier that day, my nipples became so hard they cut through my shirt, as I screamed.

In actuality, I did cheer though

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wow, he looks so much like one of the Bone cousins in that picture.

Anyways, I'm happy to see that Mr. Game & Watch is all but confirmed to be playable! He was my secondary main in Brawl.
I'm not the only one who read Bone?
(I used to read it at school, but it's no longer available to me since I moved)
I can almost guarantee that's not going to be his in-game model, because without the white outlines he'll be nigh impossible to see on certain stages.
Here's a thought; why not make his 3DS Outline WHITE instead of Black? It'd be pretty unique, if I do say so myself.
Also, someone else post a reply to this thread, I wanna post something that's a relativley big size. :drsad:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I am EXTREMELY Sorry for the Double-Post I am about to do, I really am, but I just NEED to put this out there, something I just found out., courtesy of the fabulous people of Youtube.
Sakurai said in the roundtable he's
Mr. Game & Watch's
already in, just that hes not ready to put him on the website.
So it is 100% of the following:
Mr. Game & Watch WILL be Returning.
Mr. Game & Watch WILL be on the Website. (Hopefully before launch)
HE'S FREAKING IN.
Happiness is in order, as our 2-D Buddy is back for sure.
...Can we get on the confirmed characters thread, now?

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
HE'S FREAKING IN.
You just made my day, sir. :)

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I am EXTREMELY Sorry for the Double-Post I am about to do, I really am, but I just NEED to put this out there, something I just found out., courtesy of the fabulous people of Youtube.
Mr. Game & Watch's
HE'S FREAKING IN.
MR. GAME & WATCH GOT CONFIRMED AT E3?

How long do you think until he gets put on the site? I think he will be the next reveal. Also, I've tried to probe the SSB4 servers for his page in case it was already up there, but apparently it isn't. All of my attempts cause a 404. I've tried "mr. game & watch", "mr. game and watch" "mr game & watch" "mr. game & watch" "mr. game watch (2 spaces between Game and Watch)", "mr game watch", "game & watch", "game and watch", "game&watch", "gameandwatch" "gw", "g&w", "gaw". "hidden0(x)" also produced nothing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And I clicked Reply instead of Edit. Oops.

Last edited:

GrapeEscape

Smash Apprentice
Mr. Game & Watch's
HE'S FREAKING IN.
Really? How did I even miss this? From what I've heard any and all character questions were banned at the Roundtable, unless Sakurai just wanted to make that stipulation on his own. Either way I'm stoked, I hadn't doubted Mr. Game & Watch's return from the very beginning, and it's nice to have confirmation. The fact that Sakurai isn't ready to show him off yet also leads me to believe that he's being retooled in a big way, but how is unknown.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Funny you should say that, I guess it's time for my Custom Moves ideas to come in.

**The reason I've marked this as "Important" is because I think 1-47-4-71M3 is going to be Mr. G&W's Default Side B, and Judge from SSBB will be his Custom Move.
My reasoning: Basically, Sakurai wants to balance the game, so he's making stuff not random (Villager's Turnips go 3, 2, 1, then recharge back to 3 when not using it), so 1-47-4-71M3 could me G&W's Default Side B, and Judge could be the custom Side B.
***This is fairly simple, Sakurai's balancing the game, so make the normal Chef have a set arch, which not only allows semi-camping, but it also makes Fish n' Chips more unique. Of course, "A Bit Overdone." will have a set pattern, like the balanced Chef.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Funny you should say that, I guess it's time for my Custom Moves ideas to come in.

**The reason I've marked this as "Important" is because I think 1-47-4-71M3 is going to be Mr. G&W's Default Side B, and Judge from SSBB will be his Custom Move.
My reasoning: Basically, Sakurai wants to balance the game, so he's making stuff not random (Villager's Turnips go 3, 2, 1, then recharge back to 3 when not using it), so 1-47-4-71M3 could me G&W's Default Side B, and Judge could be the custom Side B.
***This is fairly simple, Sakurai's balancing the game, so make the normal Chef have a set arch, which not only allows semi-camping, but it also makes Fish n' Chips more unique. Of course, "A Bit Overdone." will have a set pattern, like the balanced Chef.
The only problem is that is breaks from how the original Game & Watch games worked, something his moveset has avoided doing. Judge was always random, Oil Panic only needed 3 units and just about all of the Chef items were already used in his Brawl form. Additionally, a predictable Judge would be a huge nerf. Usage of it would have to stop after a 9 unless you want to take 12% damage from yourself and it would greatly increase predictability, something Mr. Game & Watch already has enough of.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The only problem is that is breaks from how the original Game & Watch games worked, something his moveset has avoided doing. Judge was always random, Oil Panic only needed 3 units and just about all of the Chef items were already used in his Brawl form. Additionally, a predictable Judge would be a huge nerf. Usage of it would have to stop after a 9 unless you want to take 12% damage from yourself and it would greatly increase predictability, something Mr. Game & Watch already has enough of.
Honestly that's the only way I see the custom moves working, but you could still have Random-Judge as default. It's just my opinion. :U

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
it would be so weird now if he wasnt in the game after seeing that Pacman video...
but what was up with Dark Pit? he cant possibly be confirmed now too just because he shows up at the end of another video like Game & Watch did right?

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
it would be so weird now if he wasnt in the game after seeing that Pacman video...
but what was up with Dark Pit? he cant possibly be confirmed now too just because he shows up at the end of another video like Game & Watch did right?
If anything, I'd assume Dark Pit will just be an alt costume. But G&W is certainly going to stick around. It's tough to compare their cameos since G&W obviously has much more going for him in terms of roster inclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If anything, I'd assume Dark Pit will just be an alt costume.
I'm calling it now; Dark Pit will be an alt costume with a different set of voice clips.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, Mr. Game & Watch might be confirmed tomorrow!
Or maybe next week!
Or the next Week.
or the next week...

Top Bottom