• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I was also thinking that, but in an ultimate worst-case scenario, the Polar Bear would be their only rep.
I wouldn't worry about G&W or the Ice Climbers. They play virtually nothing like WFT, Rosa and Villager. Even if they did, Toon Link has returned, so similarity isn't much of an issue.

Last edited:

Custom

Smash Cadet
I still think IC's will be there to (along with the old man himself) because when you really look at Rosalina and Luna they seem to be a new concept that just can't replace the twins, especially with Luna's different moveset when de-synched.

Personally I think people are just trying to pull lose threads and if it got to a day before launch and G&W wasn't announced I would still completely expect him to be in the game, as well as IC's.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Things are starting to not look good over in the Ice Climbers thread, where some people think Rosalina & Luma have signed the Ice Climbers' death warrants. And if that's so, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer might have killed Mr. Game & Watch's chances.
Don't worry, he's pretty much all but confirmed with that whole whiteboard drawing thing. Even all of the items shown in that drawing have been confirmed back in. That leaves Wario, Meta Knight, Mr. Game and Watch and Master Hand. I'm certain all of them will be in as well.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Game & Watch and R.O.B. are both secondary mains in Brawl and I would be extremely shocked and annoyed if either of them were cut.

especially G&W since as I said before, I consider him one of the most balanced and fun characters in Brawl. He is such a great character.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
G&W has a 3D model? MY LIFE IS A LIE *.*

Edit: Sorry for double post, It seemed like it was glitching and didn't notice that the posts I thought were posted after my last post were actually posts that had previously been posted. >.<

Last edited:

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice

Edit: Sorry for double post, It seemed like it was glitching and didn't notice that the posts I thought were posted after my last post were actually posts that had previously been posted. >.<
R.O.B. is the greatest! :rob: Followed by this guy.:gw: Some of your character favorites are spot on! :b:

Last edited:

Mr. Watch & Game

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0044-2904-0617
For Smash 4, I'd be happy to see G&W's fishbowl get the Melee Parachute properties, while still giving him the floating Up+B.

Also, for those who are worrying about G&W not being in, just remember he was announced the day AFTER Brawl was released in the US.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Costume idea for Mr. Game & Watch:
Chef Mr. Game & Watch

Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I would be incredibly surprised if G&W didn't make it back. I think every unique character stands a chance of returning. It's only the semi-clones I've ever worried about.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Sakurai would cut G&W. He's one of most unique characters and was featured on that whiteboard drawing.

I can't wait to play as him since he was one of my favorite characters and one of my mains in Brawl. (Probably my most used behind Snake, Marth and Wario)

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I doubt Sakurai would cut G&W. He's one of most unique characters and was featured on that whiteboard drawing.

I can't wait to play as him since he was one of my favorite characters and one of my mains in Brawl. (Probably my most used behind Snake, Marth and Wario)
Yeah. I agree with ya. Mr.G&W is too unique to be removed. He's my second main, with IC's being the first.

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I love Mr. Game and Watch. He's a secondary of mine in Project M (and a main in Turbo mode). I'd be very surprised if he didn't come back. For a guy with no face, he sure has a lot of personality. As soon as he is revealed / I unlock him I'll put him on the main train.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I'm wondering how the move Judge will work this time. It looks like random attacks have been changed to not be random anymore. Even Olimar's pikmin are not random anymore.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
That would be overkill. XD
Maybe you get every number in order? That move is too iconic, It wouldn't be cool if it was removed.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Not all moves will lose their random effects, just look at Villagers turnips.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
... Nice (I swear, I should just read through all of the Brawl in the Families some day, I know I'm probably missing out xD)
Omg I love the roster in your sig. I'd main Alligator and Egg so hard.

Anyway, I'm not too worried about G&W either. He's one of the most unique characters on the roster, and he's a shout-out to Nintendo's past. Super excited to see what craziness he brings to the table in SSB4. I've read about all the changes made to him in Project M but haven't tried him out for myself yet. Is he really in need of any drastic changes?

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I think that simply buffing his Down Special's attack would make it useful, especially when you consider opponent like Mega Man.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Mr. Game & Watch will have his "poop" colored Brawl outfit in the next game. It was that yellow costume, lol. Trolling costume. :dazwa:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
He has one of the most unique move sets. There's no way anyone could replace Game & Watch.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Mr. Game and Watch is a definite lock. Sakurai loves unique characters and characters who have a strong history with Nintendo, and G&W fills both those qualities. I think the question is whether or not he'll be revealed pre-release.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
And it seems I've looped full circle to the Game and Watch thread again.

He's definitely still in the game. I just hope Oil Panic is like in Melee, you know, good. There is practically no reason to use it in Brawl.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Game and Watch is definitely back.

Can't wait to see him again, I forgot how much I loved the guy.

I don't think many changes should happen, except maybe some variation in his throws.
Also, with the way things are going (Olimar's Pikmin) maybe Judge will be less random, and have a set pattern.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
And it seems I've looped full circle to the Game and Watch thread again.

He's definitely still in the game. I just hope Oil Panic is like in Melee, you know, good. There is practically no reason to use it in Brawl.
Bucket Braking is pretty useful. Though that's not 'using it' per say.

Last edited:

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten back into Brawl, and he's my new main. How did I not play this guy before? His aerials are amazing, he may rival Ness in terms of air game. The only thing I'd like to see changed is Judge, I wouldn't mind it being replaced completely. It's unreliable and nearly impossible to land. I'm fine with most of his throws being bad, it's needed for balance.

Game and Watch is in the famous whiteboard picture, so I doubt he's going anywhere.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I liked Judge, Its a really unique move and fun to use and try and land that precious 9. Maybe give it more range and less lag might make it better but I'm content with how Mr Game & Watch was in Brawl and I really think he doesn't actually need any changes.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
A Game & Watch I ordered from eBay last week came in today. It's the 2009 rerelease of Ball. It's much smaller than I thought. I wonder if it uses the same hardware as the original, or if it runs completely different hardware?
Mr. Game & Watch's character, along with the Vermin hammers, Octopus helmet, hardhat and Spitball Sparky mouth are all 3D. Everything else he uses is completely flat. I think this is so you get a different image during some animations depending on what side G&W is facing (depending on which way he's facing, G&W's mouth will either be visible or not show when teching, though in all actuality it's just switching sides; the design on the Octopus helmet also switches sides depending on the facing direction). Something in his module files tells the game to flatten his model and apply the grey border after rendering. This can be disabled by modifying the file, causing him to be 3D and not have borders, though most of the items he uses will still be flat due to them already being flat in the model file.
That would be overkill. XD
Maybe you get every number in order? That move is too iconic, It wouldn't be cool if it was removed.
This would be a rather huge nerf since you would have to stop using it after getting a 9 to avoid getting recoil damage. It also makes the move practically useless since the opponent would be able to perfectly predict what's about to happen. It would also not really make sense, since in Judge, the numbers you get are always random and are never in order. It would be like Mario's fireball causing freezing effects to an opponent.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mr. Game & Watch will be back. I doubt we will get any kind of confirmation until the release, though.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see melee GW back minus the messed up shield, retaining bucket braking and/or reducing the lag to make its intended use a little more viable. Dat nuetral b parachute tho, all day long. Judgement is fine as it is, insta-ko moves need to be difficult to pull of, just as long as hitstun comboing in this game allows for it. His melee recovery is actually sort of exceptional once you get the hang of it.

Hong

The Strongest
Not all moves will lose their random effects, just look at Villagers turnips.
I figured it was based on timing. A hidden clock that causes the amount of turnips the Villager will pull out to go up and down in a wave. Kind of like how the turnips follow patterns in Animal Crossing.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I wish the G&W series had an item.

That's his neutral A. :p
It tis lol I didnt even notice I typed 'b'.

I had his special attacks in the back of my mind talking of bucket braking and his recovery. That's my story amd I'm sticking to it :p I would have said nair if I was actually paying attention to what I was typing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom