• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Man, G&W main here, such a small club it seems. I don't think there is much to say either, his balance and moveset is pretty much perfected by brawl, no one in their right mind thinks it's even a question that he is coming back.

If we see each character get an alt costume set, what do we want to see for old g-dubs? Mrs.game and watch? Chef game and watch? 3D game and watch? Just a whole bunch of more colors?
I'd just have more colors, personally. Would be weird to have any others in my mind.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem likely to me that Sakurai would take out any Nintendo retros. The only character that could possibly replace G&W is Paper Mario, but that would still be a stupid thing to do (I would like to see PM in smash 4 though).

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Man, G&W main here, such a small club it seems. I don't think there is much to say either, his balance and moveset is pretty much perfected by brawl, no one in their right mind thinks it's even a question that he is coming back.

If we see each character get an alt costume set, what do we want to see for old g-dubs? Mrs.game and watch? Chef game and watch? 3D game and watch? Just a whole bunch of more colors?
I would think something along the lines of G&W as he usually appeared in the games. The G&W we have now is based on the design of the generic G&W characters instead of the player.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Game & Watch in Brawl was perfect. When sakurai looks at balancing characters they should look at this guy on what to do.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Game & Watch in Brawl was perfect. When sakurai looks at balancing characters they should look at this guy on what to do.
He was totally fixed from Melee without being stupidly strong. (The only thing that makes him kind of annoying is his down aerial which should be reverted to Melee's, and the same goes for Toon Link.)

This is why I'm not too worried about MK returning to SS tier.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I just hope they don't nerf him back to or worse than the way he was in Melee. Especially with the 9 hammer.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Turns out Mr. Game & Watch has had a 3D model all these years.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Turns out Mr. Game & Watch has had a 3D model all these years.

How did you extract that? I forced Mr. Game & Watch to do his 2D and 3D T-poses by using a modified FitGameWatch.rel file (to achieve 3D) and by corrupting his moveset file but it didn't have the outlines and his mouth was open.

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I found it over at The Cutting Room Floor's article on Melee, http://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros_Melee. They've unearthed some people cool things.
I wonder how they were able to render him in 3D, and whether or not there's a Melee hack that causes that. Melee's filesystem is an absolute mess, so I don't know where G&W's model data is stored and what would be able to open and render it. The page didn't give any specifics on reproducing that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
How did you extract that? I forced Mr. Game & Watch to do his 2D and 3D T-poses by using a modified FitGameWatch.rel file (to achieve 3D) and by corrupting his moveset file but it didn't have the outlines and his mouth was open.
...Huh.
Never through he had one...

Custom

Smash Cadet
So I've already spent all night in GW threads, might as well start speaking;

Here's what I have noticed on G&W from the public abroad, he isn't high on their want back list. Of course here with people who know what they're talking about it's a little different but a lot of "casual" players use him as their "let's kick this one and put in PAC man" or something stupid in ...( sorry if I offend devoted PAC-man's ). R.O.B. is also in this unfortunate category of people wanting to trash a character they don't play/understand.

So you have that nonsense going around

And then you look at who has been confirmed: 7 of Brawl's newcomers are coming back but only 4 of the Melee newcomers have been confirmed.
It just seems to be coming down to the wire. Sakurai has said he is not bringing back all vets so that leaves :metaknight::snake::wolf::wario::ike::rob::pt::zerosuitsamus::lucas: from the Brawl Newb's. :sheik::ganondorf::falco::popo: and of course :gw: are Melee vets in Brawl that yet to have a spot, (:drmario: Young:younglinkmelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee: Melee newbs cut in Brawl) And :falcon::yoshi2::ness2::jigglypuff: from the original gang.

I can't possibly speculate who would be cut, but knowing that not all will return which do you think it will be? Personally if i see http://www.smashbros.com/us/ post G&W I will be very relieved

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Here's what I have noticed on G&W from the public abroad, he isn't high on their want back list. Of course here with people who know what they're talking about it's a little different but a lot of "casual" players use him as their "let's kick this one and put in PAC man" or something stupid in ...( sorry if I offend devoted PAC-man's ). R.O.B. is also in this unfortunate category of people wanting to trash a character they don't play/understand.

So you have that nonsense going around

And then you look at who has been confirmed: 7 of Brawl's newcomers are coming back but only 4 of the Melee newcomers have been confirmed.
It just seems to be coming down to the wire. Sakurai has said he is not bringing back all vets so that leaves :metaknight::snake::wolf::wario::ike::rob::pt::zerosuitsamus::lucas: from the Brawl Newb's. :sheik::ganondorf::falco::popo: and of course :gw: are Melee vets in Brawl that yet to have a spot, (:drmario: Young:younglinkmelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee: Melee newbs cut in Brawl) And :falcon::yoshi2::ness2::jigglypuff: from the original gang.
This scares me. I really hope he makes it in 4. He's practically the only character I use in Melee and Brawl.

I can't possibly speculate who would be cut, but knowing that not all will return which do you think it will be? Personally if i see http://www.smashbros.com/us/ post G&W I will be very relieved
Same here. Not that this confirms anything, but he appeared in a drawing made a few months ago. Hopefully that means he's coming back.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
:sadsheep:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I would be very sad if Mr. Game and Watch doesn't return. Strange how you can grow fond of such a simple character.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I would've liked to see the Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch appear in Little Mac's commercial.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
It just seems to be coming down to the wire. Sakurai has said he is not bringing back all vets so that leaves
I'm not really worried.

That was a really early statement. " No. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point." I'd feel more worried if it had said not everyone from brawl was coming back, but not everyone who's been in smash bros?...that could be anything from the previously cut melee clones, and maybe snake (which if konami doesn't allow it its not nintendos fault...if he's not seen by e3 I'm betting he's gone).

Since that was so long ago stuff could have changed too. He could have underestimated the help the tekken team would bring to production. Plus they haven't committed to a release date window beyond 2014, and its not like we've never heard of a game getting delayed. Also it could be extended past what he originally thought it would be.

As for game and watch there really isn't any emotion (since every character seems to be really animated and expressive now), and no details to really update with better graphics. I can't imagine him being harder to add than a clone character, and easier to add than all other retro characters.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
so I herd you liek Mudkipz...
That I do. It was my first starter in Emerald.

I'm not really worried.

That was a really early statement. " No. We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point." I'd feel more worried if it had said not everyone from brawl was coming back, but not everyone who's been in smash bros?...that could be anything from the previously cut melee clones, and maybe snake (which if konami doesn't allow it its not nintendos fault...if he's not seen by e3 I'm betting he's gone).

Since that was so long ago stuff could have changed too. He could have underestimated the help the tekken team would bring to production. Plus they haven't committed to a release date window beyond 2014, and its not like we've never heard of a game getting delayed. Also it could be extended past what he originally thought it would be.

As for game and watch there really isn't any emotion (since every character seems to be really animated and expressive now), and no details to really update with better graphics. I can't imagine him being harder to add than a clone character, and easier to add than all other retro characters.
Knowing how he's already been in two games.
Not to mention a decent fanbase behind him.
I don't think we'll have to worry.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
As for game and watch there really isn't any emotion (since every character seems to be really animated and expressive now), and no details to really update with better graphics.
Hmm. So that's why King Dedede looks angry when using Jet Hammer in 4.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, (fellow) Game and Watch fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Mr. Game and Watch is looking like a lock, but more votes couldn't possibly hurt him, so...

Tabernacle

Smash Rookie
I kinda hated G&W in Brawl, the weird ass hitboxes always got me >.<

Kinda hope they bury him

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Hey, (fellow) Game and Watch fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. Mr. Game and Watch is looking like a lock, but more votes couldn't possibly hurt him, so...
I'm A Mr. Game & Watch fan as well. I have high hopes of him returning as well, along with the Ice Climbers. I don't have to worry about Captain Falcon, he's obviously gonna be back since he was in the original Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Does anyone else feel like Game and Watch is going to be randomly revealed pretty soon? I don't know, I just think this would be a nice time to show him.

Custom

Smash Cadet
Yeah since they pretty much trying to get as much hype for the game as possible they probably won't pre announce him when the could announce characters like MK, Wario, Capt, or Yoshi.

This is my first Smash release that I'm following, can anyone tell me if the roster is posted before the launch?

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Saw this in an old commercial for the Game & Watch on YouTube. COMPLETELY threw me off when I saw it. It shows several Game & Watch characters, possibly including Mr. Game & Watch himself, in full color, full animation and in 3 dimensions.

You can see the shark, helicopter, parachutist and the guy in the boat in Parachute, the cowboy and an indian from Fire Attack, the octopus and a diver from Octopus, the firemen and one of the falling guys (Mr. Game & Watch?) from Fire, the worker, boss and customers from Oil Panic, Stanley and a worm from Greenhouse, Luigi holding a Mario Bros package and Mario and the girl from Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Saw this in an old commercial for the Game & Watch on YouTube. COMPLETELY threw me off when I saw it. It shows several Game & Watch characters, possibly including Mr. Game & Watch himself, in full color, full animation and in 3 dimensions.

You can see the shark, helicopter, parachutist and the guy in the boat in Parachute, the cowboy and an indian from Fire Attack, the octopus and a diver from Octopus, the firemen and one of the falling guys (Mr. Game & Watch?) from Fire, the worker, boss and customers from Oil Panic, Stanley and a worm from Greenhouse, Luigi holding a Mario Bros package and Mario and the girl from Donkey Kong.
Very interesting. I had no idea stuff like this even existed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I pretty much agree with this 1000%! I really really began to like Mr.Game & Watch in Brawl because of his buffs, and how much sence they made! In a way it's sad that they got it so right with Mr. Game & Watch, but soooo wrong with the likes of Samus, Captain Falcon, Mario, Jigglypuff, Link and Ganondorf.

Mr.Game & Watch and Pikachu are probably some of the buffs which I feel are done well in transition from Melee to Brawl.

Hope he'll be back soon. No doubt that he will, after all he was on that one Smash sketch that was revealed before Smash even began development.

aggronianmaster1

Smash Cadet
i dont know about anyone else but i love mr game and watch. First of all he is fun to use since he has a wide variety of attacks and some of them are random. Also he could be a power house if you raise their % using the Air pump and then hit them with either the Scuba helmet or get an 8 9 or 10 with the hammer. I really hope he comes back this time around.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Things are starting to not look good over in the Ice Climbers thread, where some people think Rosalina & Luma have signed the Ice Climbers' death warrants. And if that's so, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer might have killed Mr. Game & Watch's chances.
I think that Rosalina and Luma are the reason for the Ice Climbers not being in SSB4. I don't think there would be two tag teams in one game. Seems a bit complex.
That's got to be and I apologize for this..
The most reaching reason for deconfirmation I've ever read.
I just feel that, because the Ice Climbers are one of the lesser known Nintendo characters (to the new generations) and a tag team, Sakurai replaced them with Rosalina and Luma. However, I hope I'm wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Things are starting to not look good over in the Ice Climbers thread, where some people think Rosalina & Luma have signed the Ice Climbers' death warrants. And if that's so, Villager or Wii Fit Trainer might have killed Mr. Game & Watch's chances.
Though this belongs in the Ice Climber thread, I think the fact that the Polar Bear's an enemy in Smash Run all but confirmed their appearance.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Though this belongs in the Ice Climber thread, I think the fact that the Polar Bear's an enemy in Smash Run all but confirmed their appearance.
I was also thinking that, but in an ultimate worst-case scenario, the Polar Bear would be their only rep.

Top Bottom