• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mr. Game & Watch Social - The Flat Zone

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
The white thickness will probably be adjustable to a degree, but not removable. That would be awesome, though. No outline on a black backgrounded stage...
Yeah WHO'S SNAKE? Mr. Game and Watch is clearly the best stealth fighter XD

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I really hope he returns in SSB4. If he were to ever retire, I feel the Ice Climbers would follow suit (they have only one game where Mr. G&W has almost 60).

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I really hope he returns in SSB4. If he were to ever retire, I feel the Ice Climbers would follow suit (they have only one game where Mr. G&W has almost 60).
Don't even think Mr. Game & Watch is going to get cut, the chances of this happening are one in one billion.

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
What if G&W had a Sidestep where he turns sideways, briefly becoming nearly invisible? Also, I'd like for either his up-smash or FS to be changed so that every attack comes from a different game. Otherwise, I can't say much, since his Brawl incarnation was so fun to play as.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
What if G&W had a Sidestep where he turns sideways, briefly becoming nearly invisible? Also, I'd like for either his up-smash or FS to be changed so that every attack comes from a different game. Otherwise, I can't say much, since his Brawl incarnation was so fun to play as.
Three out of his four throws could change too. They all come from Ball.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I think Mr. Game & Watch needs a new final smash. In his final smash, he should raise up his hands (like in his down taunt), causing the tools from Helmet to start raining from the sky in vast multitudes stagewide. Basically, something like Ness'/Lucas' PK Starstorm: hard to evade and deadly. It would also be awesome if characters could have more than one final smash.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I think Mr. Game & Watch needs a new final smash. In his final smash, he should raise up his hands (like in his down taunt), causing the tools from Helmet to start raining from the sky in vast multitudes stagewide. Basically, something like Ness'/Lucas' PK Starstorm: hard to evade and deadly. It would also be awesome if characters could have more than one final smash.
Since the up smash already represents Octopus, that would be great.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
His dash attack already represents Helmet, too, though I think it's a rather subtle one.
Well, all Game & Watch games are already represented in his moveset from what I know, and dash attacks are the less notable of the attacks characters have.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Forgive me, I haven't been around for a while, but did everybody miss this?

Wasn't this drawn up by Sakurai before anything was shown, besides the initial announcement?

I see Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, MetaKnight, Wario and Marth.

I think it's safe to assume everybody will be returning, with the exceptions being the surprise.

Was this debunked?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Forgive me, I haven't been around for a while, but did everybody miss this?

Wasn't this drawn up by Sakurai before anything was shown, besides the initial announcement?

I see Game & Watch, Zero Suit Samus, MetaKnight, Wario and Marth.

I think it's safe to assume everybody will be returning, with the exceptions being the surprise.

Was this debunked?
This does not confirm anything, but all these veterans are obviously returning.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I believe they'll find some room for G&W....you know, cuz he's 2D. :smirk:

I hope they change the hit boxes on his a-combo. theres just something about it that makes me never want to use it.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
its not the hitboxes your worried about.
its the animation.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
If Sm4sh gets leaked like Brawl did, he might be revealed that way. He was revealed that way last time; a leaked screenshot showed G&W using his final smash, confirming him.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
If Sm4sh gets leaked like Brawl did, he might be revealed that way. He was revealed that way last time; a leaked screenshot showed G&W using his final smash, confirming him.
Ness, Lucario and Jigglypuff were revealed by a leak too. Here is an old video from 2008:

General Klenkton

Smash Rookie
I dunno, I kinda already like how he plays. I just want the old Parachute back.
I REALLY liked the Brawl parachute better than the melee one. The Brawl gave it more recovery, while Melee's was kinda just a generic 3rd jump.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, G&W was pretty much perfect, aside from his final smash. And don't get me started on the argument over whether G&W or R.O.B. has more historical significance. :laugh:

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
You know, it'd be interesting if Mr. Game&Watch's Final Smash was randomized to some extent as well.
His games were all about overloads and deathtraps, which would all be reasonably easy to recreate, seeing as how primitive the game/model designs were.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I sincerely hope they change his up taunt and his edge attack where he uses the bell. There were other instruments that were used besides the bell that could be used, after all.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I sincerely hope they change his up taunt and his edge attack where he uses the bell. There were other instruments that were used besides the bell that could be used, after all.
Yeah, there is still games that aren't represented in his moveset:

Mario's Bombs Away
Mario's Cement Factory
Mario the Juggler
Donkey Kong (G&W version)
Super Mario Bros. (G&W version)

Avantgrave

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0963-0522-3867
Nah, his Fair comes from a Game and Watch game called Mario Bros., it's supposed to represent a package.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Yeah, there is still games that aren't represented in his moveset:

Mario's Bombs Away
Mario's Cement Factory
Mario the Juggler
Donkey Kong (G&W version)
Super Mario Bros. (G&W version)
Of all the G&W games yet to be represented, I think Mario's Cement Factory will be next since it was probably one of the more well-known games in the series. And Mario the Juggler is basically a rehash of Ball with a SMB backdrop.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like to see him revealed before the game released. Not much else to say. I can't say what kind buffs I want to see. He's a glass cannon if I'm not mistaken. So I guess buff his Forward Smash and Up Smash.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Man, G&W main here, such a small club it seems. I don't think there is much to say either, his balance and moveset is pretty much perfected by brawl, no one in their right mind thinks it's even a question that he is coming back.

If we see each character get an alt costume set, what do we want to see for old g-dubs? Mrs.game and watch? Chef game and watch? 3D game and watch? Just a whole bunch of more colors?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So if he had any new color swaps, what would they be? I would guess maybe orange or something, but I don't know. I suppose all of the good color are taken.

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Orange, purple, pink, brown, grey, white? Or maybe they couod even give him textures/patterns. Plaid game and watch anyone?

Top Bottom