• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Watch Frame Data thread

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I think you have a 1-2 frame window of inputing the "throw" during a roll. That's my guess. It's like frame 4 of the roll you press C stick (any dir)

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
man... I guess I;m not the only G&W mainer that stays up too late.. LOL... Yeah my frame intellect is still new.. so pretty much just keep practicing until I can consistently do it.. I'm assuming training mode works the best?

Splice

Smash Hero
Just play against level 1 CPU with bananas on is fine, GTZ.

I need to study Dair frames more, landing just after the Dair ends so you have no lag is a great mindgame :)

So ideally you want to land on frame 50, then, UTD do you know? I'm not too sure, I want to get the space between the hitbox ending to when I land and make my next move as small as possible.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Forward Tilt
Frame Breakdown:
• 1-9 Startup
• 10-15 Hitbox out
• 16-35 Cooldown

Frame Summary:
Duration: 35
Hits on frame: 10
Hitbox duration: 6
Cooldown: 20
Shield stun: 4
Shield advantage: -24
Shield drop advantage: -17

Down Tilt
Frame Breakdown:
• 1-5 Startup
• 6-15 Hitbox out
• 16-25 Cooldown

Frame Summary:
Duration: 25
Hits on frame: 6
Hitbox duration: 10
Cooldown: 10
Shield stun: 2
Shield advantage: -17
Shield drop advantage: -10
Also Dtilt is far better to use than Ftilt, far far better

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
Dtilt hitbox is out for 10 frames and it has a 10 frame cooldown.
Ftilt hitbox is out for 6 frames and it has a 20 frame cooldown.
Dtilt also comes out 4 frames faster. 4 frames is plenty of time for G&W to turn around upon landing.

You already knew this by reading though.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Yes, the facts speak for themselves, I will try the combo out of b-air with a d-tilt next time, but I'm guessing I will stick to my guns and continue using f-tilt or u-tilt. BTW looking at u-tilt frame data it is not nearly as bad as it's made out to be...

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Oh, whoops. This was an accident, I meant to post this on the SOCIAL thread. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention.
Also shield stun doesn't really matter as much as shield advantage does, the opponent have a 17 frame advantage on you if you dtilt them on shield whereas they have a 24 frame advantage if you ftilt on shield.

I should've checked the threads where I were posting <_< it was an accident, ah well

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
I know, I was mostly joking. But anyway, the pros of f-tilt:

10% damage, higher knockback, 4 shield stun

D-tilt:

6% damage (9 if aerial), less knockback, 2 shield stun.

So obviously d-tilt is the quicker, bigger and more versatile move but I still maintain that f-tilt has its place as a useful tool in GW's toolbox.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I know, I was mostly joking. But anyway, the pros of f-tilt:

10% damage, higher knockback, 4 shield stun

D-tilt:

6% damage (9 if aerial), less knockback, 2 shield stun.

So obviously d-tilt is the quicker, bigger and more versatile move but I still maintain that f-tilt has its place as a useful tool in GW's toolbox.
Not as a useful tool :troll:

but a tool nonetheless

Sylarius

Smash Ace
1 hammer is not a move in G&W's set, you must be talking about Judgment, which isn't a bad move at all. Judgment wins games.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
1 hammer is not a move in G&W's set, you must be talking about Judgment, which isn't a bad move at all. Judgment wins games.
It's probably also lost innumerable games as well. Not to mention d-air of the edge on accident? That loses games too.

Furthermore f-tilt has won many games in its day.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Ftilt hasn't won any games an fsmash wouldn't have.
Forward Tilt
Frame Breakdown:
• 1-9 Startup
• 10-15 Hitbox out

Forward Smash
Frame Breakdown:
• 1-16 Startup
• 17-20 Strong hitbox out

7 frames says you're wrong.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
7 frames that don't matter in these moves case. If your opponent shields your fsmash you are not ****ed. If your ftilt gets shielded, enjoy a half charged smash in face and die at 70%.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Well the situation you're talking about doesn't involve either of these moves winning a game, now does it?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you aren't killing with Ftilt it means you put yourself into an unnecessaryly high risk without any reward.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
If you aren't killing with Ftilt it means you put yourself into an unnecessaryly high risk without any reward.
There's no risk if you know that fsmash/dsmash aren't fast enough to connect but ftilt is. I've used ftilt many many times because I knew it was faster and a guaranteed hit.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
There's no risk if you know that fsmash/dsmash aren't fast enough to connect but ftilt is. I've used ftilt many many times because I knew it was faster and a guaranteed hit.
**** still sucks *** though

not completely useless though, i've actively been trying to use it more... not with much success it's hella situational but i don't really care anymore, i turned up my judgement count massively recently. I figure it'll force me to play better since I have to make sure I can afford to use it.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
THANK you. :awesome:

I'm not saying it is a great move or our best move, but it has its uses.

Top Bottom