• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game & Watch Frame Data thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am going to try and figure out the pan.

By hacking the game.

:).

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
OK!

I'm going to finally finish this up. Hopefully this'll be complete in less than a week from this post. Are there any specific requests you guys have?(character specific stuff like the advantage peach has after slapping someone, for an example)

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I know I could ask you in chat, but I really would like frame data on G&W's ledge options. His roll and get up attack above + below 100%, for example.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Oh lol, I completely forgot about that stuff xP. I'll be sure to get it, along with invincibility frames.

Neb

Smash Lord
  • Shield Hitlag
  • Oil Panic Shield Stun
  • Chef Stun
  • Frames that Dair will Spike
  • Duration of Judge 9
  • Frame Advantages (On block, and hit)
  • Frame Disadvantages (On block, and hit)

That's all I can think of atm.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
OH EFF EWE NEB.
Just kidding, love ya <3

Updated all Smashes, all tilts, and all aerials.
Enjoy.

edit: Minus neutral tilt. The jab hasnt been updated :|

Neb

Smash Lord
Thanks, buddeh!
You still owe me data (lol), I'm pretty sure chef's food has enough stun to be a legit trap ("combo"), if close enough.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
First off I owe you guys and apology for the misinformation on cooldown before. I assumed the hiboxes coincided with the animation... which was realllly stupid :p. So sorry!

Anyways though, there's still stuff to be done, and I'll get to it as life allows. If anyone cares to pitch in and speed up the process check out this thread (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193379). I updated it and made it MUCH more simple.

@Neb: The advantage listed is the advantage G&W has after hitting a shield with an attack (may as well call it "disadvantage" in brawl :p). "OoS advantage" is the advantage G&W has after he hits their shield with an attack and they drop their shield (advantage -7). I included this because it'll be your opponent's best chance at punishing you if you space well. I need to change the name though; "OoS" isn't very descriptive of what's going on here. I'll add hit advantage (or whatever you call it) for moves that need it... like the advantage he has after the first hit of his neutral A for instance.

I found it interesting how his dsmash and (especially) usmash are virtually unpunishable from shield, considering that their pushback makes grabbing a no go.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yo could you get air dodge frame data and rolling/spot dodge data? So we can know how long we are actually invincible.

cutter

Smash Champion
I like to see if GW gets the same amount of invinc frames on the ledge as any other character. I assume this is the case but it could be different like it is with spotdodges/rolls.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm pretty sure Mr. Game & Watch's spotdodge is, despite how it looks, completely ordinary frame-wise (I recall an old topic about spotdodges that revealed that most characters have the same spotdodge and that Mr. Game & Watch was actually among them). I don't know about his rolls; I don't think anyone has ever collected frame data on them.

K@0S

Smash Ace
Roll sucks, and up-b > spotdodge in almost every situation.

And btw that thread is what made me use more jab cancels instead of dtilts

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah. That would be helpful.

All I do know is that F-smash is PSable on reaction, but U-smash and D-smash are not.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Roll sucks, and up-b > spotdodge in almost every situation.

And btw that thread is what made me use more jab cancels instead of dtilts
Agreed, for both statements. I almost never roll, except by accident, upB ftw.

EDIT: lol100thpost.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Eh, sorry for the holdup on this, I've been ill this week (flu x_____x). New stuff should (hopefully) be forthcoming.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
New data on Rolls + Airdodge + Spotdodge.
NOT UPDATED THOUGH LOL.

I like to make big updates, so waiting for more stuff first ;]

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
ColinJF says your defensive game is meh, AA, so this data will surely be quite beneficial for you!
^___^

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I just don't think rolling is as bad as everyone says. Up special leaves you in a kinda bad position when you start to get predictable...

At least I found out about that Olimar thing in a friendly, as hilarious as it was...

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
-Changed Advantage to Shield dvantage.
-Changed OoS dvantage to Shield drop advantage.
-Included charged hitbox on the smashes.
-Listed defensive options under Etc.
-Listed dash attack under Tilts.

Enjoy; more is on the way.

Neb

Smash Lord
Thanks, Hotgarbage and Esc.
Dsmash and Usmash are incredible, 3 and 2 frame charge releases, descent shield stun, and nearly lagless coming in contact with shields.

Top Bottom