• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Game and Watch "Team Tricks"

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, one and all, boys and girls. I took it upon myself to make this thread dedicated on finding tricks Mr. Game and Watch can perform in teams/doubles/whatever. It's a small thread now, but with help from Game and Watch mains alike from around the world and the seven seas, who are you to disagree? :troll: On a more brighter note, on to serious bidness! :noness:

:metaknight: and :gw:

- Up Air to Up air

This is such a surprise factor. You don't know who many people don't realize Mr. Game and Watch's up air can push your fellow Meta Knight partner while he's up airing your opponents to death. Your fellow Meta Knight partner needs a little boost to connect his up airs? You got it. (I'll go in depth later)

---
This guide is no where near complete, as I'm trying to find the perfect lay out for the thread, opinions from various other Game and Watch mains, no, OTHER character mains, to make Game and Watch the most perfect character in doubles. I hope you guys/girls will enjoy this "project".

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Uair -> uair really helps... MK shoots up, and can kill people stalling off the top really well...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Throw to G&W Up-smash/9 is the best team trick in the game.

Also people don't use G&W's Rapid Jabs enough in teams. Rapid Jabs are **** in teams. G&W's are especially awesome due to being disjointed.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
uair/upb into pika's thunder
In general smash set-ups with olimar, saving olimar (can save a lot of people, but with olimar it's especially good for obvious reasons)
grab release usmash from yoshi. Yoshi sets it up a little higher, so the kill % is slightly lower, plus you have more time to charge most times.
Bucket during spam of any kind. You get some invincibilty frames, so it's not completely unsafe, and I think a full bucket is worth getting hit once.
Pika's thunder fills the bucket 2/3, so thunder +1 tjolt = death at 0 for any character (or pretty close, I've killed snake at 0 easily).
Diddy's bananas into smashes.

I'd say gaw just excels at teams in general. Not many specific tricks, but he can make any typical teams tricks work, plus he has bucket, and can save people with windboxes. I've saved a diddy at 200% with my uair after him getting fsmashed by snake, so yeah, if you can time it just right it's really effective.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
snake+ G&W in teams attach a c4 on G&W

uair your opponent and it should stick on to them..I think.
i seen zac do it so he can confirm this lol:l

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
G&W can save Bowser from Bowsercides via U-Air/UpB windboxes or w/e they are.

Since...you know, Bowser can jump out of Bowsercides on certain stages, and before, or even after he does his up-b, g&w can propel him up and...yeah. i'm not sure if g&w would be able to live being that low at the blast zone (dunno how high his up-b goes, but i know bowser will live lol)

although, idk when the **** you'd come across a g&w/bowser team but it is pretty cute.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Bowser can go pretty high after using upB. I saw a vid where kingkong almost lived by himself. GaW could definitely make that work. That's a neat trick.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think the trick to making that gimmick work so that both survive is having Bowser grab G&W out of his Up-B. Just something to think about.

Exdeath

Smash Master
G&W can bucket Falco's non-forward throws. That means that a Falco can start Dthrow chain grabbing while G&W has an empty bucket and still finish the chain grab with Dair>Bucket for a 0-Death on medium weight characters.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
G&W can bucket Falco's non-forward throws. That means that a Falco can start Dthrow chain grabbing while G&W has an empty bucket and still finish the chain grab with Dair>Bucket for a 0-Death on medium weight characters.
Oh dude, Chaingrab bucket, where the hell did you think of this one. Worth some testing imo. :)

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
G&W's slow dair is a great edgeguard for 2v1 situations. Fix the planking problem. Also beats anubis strategy.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Throw to G&W Up-smash/9 is the best team trick in the game.

Also people don't use G&W's Rapid Jabs enough in teams. Rapid Jabs are **** in teams. G&W's are especially awesome due to being disjointed.
come back to nyc and get last plz

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Granted that he said 9 like it was a dependable option, the statement wasn't entirely smart. But rapid jabbing is smart in doubles with a good teammate. And Upsmash is a ridiculously early kill move that is pretty safe (low end lag) in doubles.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Get bracket ***** me? No johns about anything else and I'll agree I was kinda playing like crap, but placing last wasn't entirely my doing. **** happens during bracket seeding, and it wasn't just me who got off unlucky that particular tournament.

But there's a few of you I still want to get to know better. =)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I like how you say no johns then proceed to john like a noob
I wasn't going to complain about placing last since I lost to legit players. If you're going to act like anything other than that happened, I will have to correct you. Getting ***** on seeding happens, and I know Penta felt the same way that day in singles.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd rather team with a Snake than a ZSS...but then again, I just happen to be familiar with Snake. I just feel that he's a less gimmicky character in teams who excels at support when played well.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'd rather team with a Snake than a ZSS...but then again, I just happen to be familiar with Snake. I just feel that he's a less gimmicky character in teams who excels at support when played well.
ZSS is pretty solid in teams/with G&W even after understanding her gimmicks.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ZSS's grab limitations are a strong reason why I would rather team with a Snake. Snake also controls the ground better than ZSS does, which works well for G&W given that he's one of the best characters at controlling the air.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Getting a 1hitKO move is hardly what I'd call a gimik.
It isn't about getting a 1HKO. It's about how ZSS actually supports G&W onstage. I feel that she is a relatively poor supporter, especially when compared to a character like Snake who has significantly better ground tools than she does.

G&W already kills people easily with Smashes and Judgement, and you have to weigh the fact that ZSS's grab is mediocre when teaming her with G&W, a character who lives to punish off his partner's grabs.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Omg **** that. Snake is a pile of **** in teams. =D.

All he does is get juggled, gimped and blows you up. If you're lucky he'll live to 500% and then you can take all of his stocks I guess.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Snake is better in teams than Diddy, although Diddy is pretty solid I agree.

I dunno I feel that a G&W+Snake team that understands how to utilize Snake's throws as setups into G&W's Smashes, and G&W's rapid Jabs as setups into Snake's retardedly powerful stuff is a force to be reckoned with. Diddy's draw to fame is mainly Bananas, which G&W DOES like to abuse in teams, but I think Snake is overall better given his weight as well as the ways he can capitalize off G&W's moveset.

Top Bottom