• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moveset Speculation and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
I thought the niconico match was ok...
Clearly they didn't know how to handle the characters.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Being a fast faller is important for tomahawking and closing distance, and especially beneficial for someone who will be primarily using aerials on stage. I just watched the nico match again, and the fall speed really does look above average. I'm just comparing It to sheik who I have memorized and they don't seem too different.
Pit still tomahawks (ahem, empty hop to grab) just fine... Many of our current good faster fallers have good combo breakers to counteract the disadvantage. Corrin does not. There's little to be gained from falling fast in this game.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Pit still tomahawks (ahem, empty hop to grab) just fine... Many of our current good faster fallers have good combo breakers to counteract the disadvantage. Corrin does not. There's little to be gained from falling fast in this game.
But this is besides the fact that Corrin appears to have quite a fast fall speed. I secondary Palutena (who's like high 30s or low 40s) and Corrin falls significantly faster than her. Just eyeballing it he appears to be around 20 or so, but we will see on Wednesday.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
In the 1v1 on Coliseum, we see that Corrin's F-tilt is unsafe on hit at 0%. That's unfortunate, but I don't think it's an important move anyways.
I really hope the Corrin player just didn't do anything lol. Bayonetta's jab is frame 9 and if she can use that to punish a ftilt from Corrin...

GIF for the people wondering

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I really hope the Corrin player just didn't do anything lol. Bayonetta's jab is frame 9 and if she can use that to punish a ftilt from Corrin...

Looks like Corrin jumped right before he got hit by the jab. Maybe if he DI'd to the right, he could've avoided it.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Also, it is concerning that during the nico match between 2 top players, Corrin lands a dtilt on bayo at low percent and doesn't follow up on it. It is unclear whether dtilt had too much end lag or for some reason he didn't want to follow up (bayo was literally right on top of him within utilt range and he shielded after she fell out of hitstun).

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
Looks like Corrin jumped right before he got hit by the jab. Maybe if he DI'd to the right, he could've avoided it.
You're right. Man, whoever is playing is giving me a headache. I keep asking myself why they didn't do this or that. Why would they Bayonetta player try to attack back right there and why didn't the Corrin try to keep the combo going >_>

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
You're right. Man, whoever is playing is giving me a headache. I keep asking myself why they didn't do this or that. Why would they Bayonetta player try to attack back right there and why didn't the Corrin try to keep the combo going >_>
My guess is that they were learning the characters and are still figuring them out.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But this is besides the fact that Corrin appears to have quite a fast fall speed. I secondary Palutena (who's like high 30s or low 40s) and Corrin falls significantly faster than her. Just eyeballing it he appears to be around 20 or so, but we will see on Wednesday.
Not Sheik level, that's for sure.

Every time we've seen an Ftilt it's looked really laggy... Combo moves can be unsafe on hit at lower percents but combo moves just simply can't be laggy.

It may just be that Corrin's supposed to have a blind spot of sorts right in front of him.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
The players in the niconico tourney were throwing out moves when no one was near after all. Thy probably just wanted to gather data
But still, you'd think a player of their caliber would be able to follow up a dtilt which sends the enemy right into their hands. He was still in the dtilt animation by the time bayo was above him, which is a bit concerning.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Every time we've seen an Ftilt it's looked really laggy... Combo moves can be unsafe on hit at lower percents but combo moves just simply can't be laggy.

It may just be that Corrin's supposed to have a blind spot of sorts right in front of him.
It's clearly meant to be used for spacing rather than combos.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Oops. Thought False Sense False Sense was talking about Dtilt ^^;
Not Sheik level, that's for sure.

Pretty sure ftilt is supposed to be a spacing move of sorts.
Like most sword characters in sm4sh

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
if it does 11% throughout the entire sword then that's pretty good for spacing and running pivots

edit: I wonder if Corrin is going to have that one stupid lol move like most top tiers have (ie: Ryu's TSRK)

I'm guessing it's either Dragon Lunge or F-Air, otherwise he probably doesn't have one

Last edited:

meowmere

Smash Cadet
if it does 11% throughout the entire sword then that's pretty good for spacing and running pivots

edit: I wonder if Corrin is going to have that one stupid lol move like most top tiers have (ie: Ryu's TSRK)

I'm guessing it's either Dragon Lunge or F-Air, otherwise he probably doesn't have one
DL in the air looks extremely powerful. It killed Marth at 85% at the edge of Umbra Clock Tower. But that's not what I want to point out, because the speed of Marth as he is approaching the blast zone is the biggest thing to note IMO. It honestly seems like it would have even killed him if he were at 65-70%.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If Dragon Lunge has fast start-up, good damage, beats shields, can lead to combos, tech chases, gives Corrin more ledge options, is a kill move and can potentially spike at the tip, it's gonna be the equivalent of TSRK.

but over half of those things still aren't confirmed pls sakurai give corrin a broken move

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If Dragon Lunge has fast start-up, good damage, beats shields, can lead to combos, tech chases, gives Corrin more ledge options, is a kill move and can potentially spike at the tip, it's gonna be the equivalent of TSRK.

but over half of those things still aren't confirmed pls sakurai give corrin a broken move
Relevant:

After landing from a B-Air, Corrin is able to pull off a reversed Dragon Lunge in a split second. The pin and subsequent kick do 18% total, and at 69%, it does some decent knockback.

So Dragon Lunge is quick, has massive (and I'm assuming disjointed) range, does good damage, gives Corrin more ledge options, is versatile, and can get easy kills off-stage.

Sounds like a pretty solid move.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

TSRK?

D

Deleted member

TSRK = True Shoryuken.

AKA Forward -> Down -> Down-Forward + A or B or grab (in Smash). (Works for Ryu only of course).

SRK is a fairly common acronym for Shoryuken outside of DP for Dragon Punch (Shoryuken translates to "Rising Dragon Fist").

Last edited by a moderator:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's clearly meant to be used for spacing rather than combos.
Looks pretty poor for spacing too. Unless the move has crazy knockback growth, which I doubt since it doesn't exactly scream kill move, it's not going to gain you any ground until like 110%. I'd know, Dark Pit's Ftilt is a thing...

That's not even a lot of damage for a swordsman Ftilt.

DL in the air looks extremely powerful. It killed Marth at 85% at the edge of Umbra Clock Tower. But that's not what I want to point out, because the speed of Marth as he is approaching the blast zone is the biggest thing to note IMO. It honestly seems like it would have even killed him if he were at 65-70%.
I'm pretty doubtful of the move's power. Nobody ever said UCT had normal blastzones. Doesn't the main platform shift around a ton too?

Even then, if you need to land the tipper or it's too laggy to use offstage it really won't be hard to get around.

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
(If not pointed out already, I don't see it yet)So I'm not sure how useful this would be, but I would like to point that corrin's fsmash drags people towards him if they shield it
@ :22 Bayo shielded it and was dragged towards corrin

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
(If not pointed out already, I don't see it yet)So I'm not sure how useful this would be, but I would like to point that corrin's fsmash drags people towards him if they shield it
Pretty sure that was a roll.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
actually she just rolled towards him

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Looks pretty poor for spacing too. Unless the move has crazy knockback growth, which I doubt since it doesn't exactly scream kill move, it's not going to gain you any ground until like 110%. I'd know, Dark Pit's Ftilt is a thing...

That's not even a lot of damage for a swordsman Ftilt.

I'm pretty doubtful of the move's power. Nobody ever said UCT had normal blastzones. Doesn't the main platform shift around a ton too?

Even then, if you need to land the tipper or it's too laggy to use offstage it really won't be hard to get around.
The main platform doesn't shift around, the scenery just crazily tilts to make it look that way.
Damn,Lancer, one might think you were just looking for something to complain about, you naughty child, you.

Runemark

Smash Rookie
NNID
Runemark
3DS FC
1392-4574-8322
Honestly, Corrin far surpasses my expectations. Up-Air kills with possible tilt confirms, pivot F-smash looks like it's ridiculous. B-air has less lag than I expected, and jab is very fast. DFS has less lag than expected, and DL is straight up deadly in the air. Infinitely more hyped to be getting in the lab come release :]

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Can't we figure out Corrin's Frame Data much better now since the videos are 60FPS?

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
The run speed isn't that bad to me. I'm used to Robin's run so anything is a step up. Also everything else that I've seen has exceeded my expectations. Corrin looks really good and I can't wait to try him out. I honestly didn't expect DL to be able to kill like that in the air. I assumed it'd be a weak hit. And I also thought f smash would be super laggy but I'm glad I was wrong about those things.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The main platform doesn't shift around, the scenery just crazily tilts to make it look that way.
Damn,Lancer, one might think you were just looking for something to complain about, you naughty child, you.
We still don't know what the blastzones are like on UCT. Typically on larger stages like Wuhu Island and 8-player Omegas the edge of the stage is right next to the blastzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom