• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Move Set Discussion - #10: D Air, Foot Flurry***

Chaco

Never Logs In
My tech end of story...XD JK.

I'll post on this soon. Gotta be quick for now.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
- Nair is fast good for edge guarding
- Can Spike "drop kick"
- KO's at around 120% for most characters
- Yoshi's best aerial besides Uair.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: This move...ugh...

So, first off, Df00z has been trying to convince me that this move has either armor or invulnerability at the very start, similar to DK or Bowser's Up+Bs, but without the large armor/invulnerability window. I've seen some isolated cases that might support this, but I can't confirm it yet.

And wow @ the range this move has. Both behind and in front of Yoshi, when this move first goes off, his leg gets HUGE. You can actually stop sweetspotting recoveries with enough timing and spacing without going under the ledge. That's how big the boxes for this move get. It's pretty ridiculous and hopefully I or some of you other talented Yoshis out here find some really ******** ways to use this move; it's kind of amazing.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Combo breaker.
Good for ledgehops.
Best forward approaching move, although that's not saying much.

Meta Dude

Smash Rookie
arguable one of yoshi's best move. like a good luigi player, i FOLLOW EVERY AERIAL WITH NAIR. JUST TRUST ME. k maybe not EVERY aerial, but it's especially useful for the those missed bairs. this move is a staple in yoshi's metagame IMO.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Best forward approaching move, although that's not saying much.
My favorite forward approach move is the Neutral B honestly.

But I do infact love the Nair. I use it to block phantasms and rising Nair for one of my favorite edgeguarding "things"

spare-jello

Smash Cadet
I've always found it useful, but It's not something I use enough. Once you use it once, it almost seems like people expect it a little to much to repeat.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Not really I use it to edge guard all the time

For example if they get knock back to the edge of the wall then you can DJ out there and use your Nair and they die and you can still recover with two eggs.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Nair is awesome. A quick aerial move that can be used out of something like dair, decent power, and can actually be used as one of Yoshi's killing moves at higher percents.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Nair is awesome. A quick aerial move that can be used out of something like dair, decent power, and can actually be used as one of Yoshi's killing moves at higher percents.
It is my favorite move to KO with it KOs at 100% - 120% depending on weight and were you are on the stage.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Move 9 is B Air!

Discuss...

It´s the one you´ve all been waiting for, the super awesome approach that pimp slaps all those MKs and Snake´s back to hell!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Best move in the air its fast its has consecutive hits and pretty powerful (in regards damage) Its Yoshi most essential move in the game. there is not much more to say besides it is his best aerial attack.

bigman40

Smash Master
Bair is a great offensive and defensive manuever, as it has decent priority to beat a good number of atks. Bair is easily the first move for Yoshi players to start a combo. It leads to many options after it (Utilt, Ftilt, Uair, Bair, Nair, maybe more...), and can give decent shield pressure. It can poke shields pretty well, and because it's autocanceled, you mostly don't have to wory about being countered if you space correctly.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Usually the only practical aerial approach Yoshi has, given that the range in front of him sucks. Very useful when RAR'ed. The most ranged aerial with high priority and no landing lag. Bair fences are also very intimidating and difficult for short-ranged characters to get to. It also pings many projectiles, which makes it even easier to approach.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
fun move, low ending lag, sometimes it will break through shields making it even better and practically everything links into it and follows up from it.

However it's not as sexy as N-air so .... uh... 0_O ya.

Sharky

Smash Master
It also makes for a nice anti-edgeguard option off the stage. Rising bairs have saved me a few times.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Move 10 is D Air!

Discuss...

34 dmg... Chuck Norris would be jealous

Sorry about the large gaps by the way guys, I've been in Spain for a month, hence why whenever I've done an update I've been in an internet cafe as of late.

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
well,
it's his most damaging move, if you can get most of the hits
it can spike and gimp
but...
it has slow startup, which mean you have to time it
its harder to land than other moves, even with the range buff, especially on small characters like metaknight and kirby

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
its actually one of my favorite moves, top five at least. i use it mainly as an approach actually, though not as much as b-air of cource. its also a good "accedent fixer" for missed arials. if you miss an arial and are comming down on top of em, d-air, works most of the time.

but yeah i really like this move, you can pretty much count on the fact that if you hit them once, itll lead to many more because of the way it sucks people in.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Great move against DK, Faclo (as lilb said), bowser, and other yoshi's surprisingly it just breaks armor or something IDK. But I have found myself using this move less against the rest of the cast, although rising dair off the ledge to the boot is always fun and everyone hate being caught in it. so fun. Oh and like most of yoshi's attacks, it just sounds cute =D

Sharky

Smash Master
Dair combos are amazing. Like, absolutely amazing. I love this move more than anything else. That will be all.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I like this move, but its limited range and landing lag kind of hurt its usefulness. Still, if you can't approach with bair or pivots, this is your last option. It's difficult to combo in or out of this move, and it's very likely you'll be punished for using it, so make sure you're not rushing into a combo by using it.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Why does Dair work so good against Falco/DK?. Whenever I play a DK and try to gimp him, his SA frames just get to me and he ends up gimping me. And Falco is the same, but the FB comes out faster.

Kofii

Smash Rookie
I feel like I'm using Yoshi horribly, I mean I only use the flutter kick when following up on the grab release off the stage, which barely works on Lucas. Then if I'm losing, I get this adrenaline rush (in a video game?), and chain this with my aerials until we have the same number of lives. But other than that, I don't use it much. How do I incorporate it in my game play? Oh and first time post!

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
I feel like I'm using Yoshi horribly, I mean I only use the flutter kick when following up on the grab release off the stage, which barely works on Lucas. Then if I'm losing, I get this adrenaline rush (in a video game?), and chain this with my aerials until we have the same number of lives. But other than that, I don't use it much. How do I incorporate it in my game play? Oh and first time post!
i use it alot for aproching on the ledge, either after a ECE off stage or just let go the double jump. so try using it when coming back form the stage thats when i use it. also on some characters its ezer to forward throw instead of grab release when trying to gimp, and when u use it to gimp u should predict where ur opponent willl go the use it there.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
comon ppl lats not let this theard die we were doin good, i find it ez to gimp ppl it slow recoverys like ness, lucas, it works well on math cause it goes through his up b and a bunch of other charaters

Top Bottom