• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I've been wondering about this for a while; am I the only one to think that Rosalina's red dress in the Wii U version doesn't look very...well...red? It really shows when compared to Yoshi, and I remember this being not the case in the 3DS version. It looks very watered down/faded, I'm guessing because of that reflective light effect?

Just thought it was a shame ;P I love her red alt on 3DS. Also, happy Valentine's day! =)
Yes, I also think her red dress is hideous in the Wii U version (haven't seen the 3DS one).

I just finished playing Mario Kart Wii after a couple years. I used Rosalina. God, her voice in that game is just beautiful. If only they could bring Mercedes Rose back... Oh Rosalina, how they have ruined you :'(

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The voice acting complain is only legit when i bring it up tho , otherwise it's just very extra

Besides , the fact is that they are doing it on purpose since the actress just needs to lower her pitch , stop making goofy sounds at the request of Nintendo and add the filter and there you go , back on track again.

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1rIL8AyMr4T.mp3

- 3000 in pitch + delay does wonders. But since Nintendo is garbage and is so lazy to even add a simple thing we get what we get then.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
None of Rosalina's alts is Fire Rosalina , Fire Rosalina's dress is not even that shade of red , it is brighter and the details such as the sleeves and the bottom pieces of her dress are pure white.

Rosalina has the deep red dress and a White one with red details which is the opposite of Fire Rosalina.

Peach on the other hand did get a recolor for Fire Peach.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't like Rosalina's red dress in Smash either but still doesn't beat her pink one as my least favorite color.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's something that you should not trouble yourself with.
There might be something that I miss here. And why would that trouble myself?
I'm guessing the arguments he made in this thread? They should be regular arguments imo, it's just the @sonicbrawler182 rarely steps down.
Why you gotta come over here and worry about him? He's probably busy posting his bias **** on other boards. There's nothing to fret about him, he's doing just fine.
We human makes bias opinions sometimes, some can be biased while some can't. I know he's doing fine (At least on this Internet.) I just hope if he wants to return to this thread, we should give him a second chance.
Here's a Smash 3DS snapshot that you can look at...

The red palette swap does look more red in Smash 3DS than in Smash Wii U.
Yep, I really like Rosalina's red color palette, especially on the 3DS.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
We human makes bias opinions sometimes, some can be biased while some can't. I know he's doing fine (At least on this Internet.) I just hope if he wants to return to this thread, we should give him a second chance.
If you know he's doing fine, then there's absolutely nothing to worry about. He'll come when he wants to come.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
None of Rosalina's alts is Fire Rosalina , Fire Rosalina's dress is not even that shade of red , it is brighter and the details such as the sleeves and the bottom pieces of her dress are pure white.

Rosalina has the deep red dress and a White one with red details which is the opposite of Fire Rosalina.

Peach on the other hand did get a recolor for Fire Peach.
And her earrings are red. This is something hardly noticeable tho (she's just so cute in 3D World).

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you know he's doing fine, then there's absolutely nothing to worry about. He'll come when he wants to come.
The problem is that he can come, but he can't post on this thread.
The red dress isn't even a Fire Rosalina reference if you actually look at the two more closely.
Is just a small reference, too bad they didn't change her hair.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
M&SG said that you don't ''have to trouble yourself with that'' because it means that it's just something you just don't need to think about , i think you didn't understand.

Basically a polite way to say to mind your own bussiness and drop it.

Anyway

On subject however , the red red dress is definetely better on the 3DS , the shade on red on the Wii U is just so bad.

And i guess still doesn't beat the worst recolor , which is that bright yellow. The pink one is also very unfitting.

I like the Green , Purple and Black the most besides the original blue.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even if the red dress looks darker in Smash Wii U, it's still on my top 3 favorite palettes for Rosalina. My other favorite palettes are white and the default turquoise, but I'm not too fond of the other palette colors.

Of course, I don't use red for everyone. For an example, whenever I use Charizard, I prefer to use its yellow palette swap.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
The palettes from best to worst are imho: White > Black > Original > Red > Yellow > Purple > Pink/Green

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
The palettes from best to worst are imho: White > Black > Original > Red > Yellow > Purple > Pink/Green
Our opinions are almost the complete opposite.

Red > Purple > Yellow > Green > Pink > Original > Black >>>> White

I honestly love the red guys LOL, I don't really understand what you mean by it being "not red" ?_? Additionally, white has got to be the worst color... White + red is such a hideous color combination to me idk why!

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So to replace Red Rosalina and Invert Fire Rosalina, they could've done something like this:

They just have to use this as a Fire Rosalina reference, then that leaves one more color palette. The free color palette could represent Tanooki Rosalina, or whatever you can think of. I've been thinking if Rosalina were to have her sport attire such as Biker, Tennis dress, Olympic Leotard in Smash, not only do we have the dress option but we'd get to have all variety of clothings as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly love the red guys LOL, I don't really understand what you mean by it being "not red" ?_? Additionally, white has got to be the worst color... White + red is such a hideous color combination to me idk why!
The funny thing is, Rosalina isn't the only one to utilize a mix of red and white for one of her palette swaps. Mario, Peach, and Robin do the same thing themselves, and Donkey Kong's necktie is red for his white palette swap. And of course, Palutena's default color has red rims at spots.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorite alt colors from most to least favorite: default > white > mint green > yellow > purple > black > red > pink

Her black one is overrated in my opinion. Seems like every time I find a Rosalina online, they all use that color.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I think the same but I would put green with purple. Or maybe even slightly above it.

I should try different colors. Can't remember the last time I switches from black thar wasn't on accident.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
White is far from being the worst IMO since white is a color for purity , which suits Rosalina.

The only thing that kinda bothers me is that the combination is a straight copy from Peach , what a surprise.

Also , it's not that the red is ''not red'' , it's just that the shade of Red used in the Wii U version is FUGLY.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Don't forget about the shoes, they're still a part of Rosalina's alt. They can surely change color with the changing color palettes. I'll admit it, I said this as an excuse to use this pic:

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
The funny thing is, Rosalina isn't the only one to utilize a mix of red and white for one of her palette swaps. Mario, Peach, and Robin do the same thing themselves, and Donkey Kong's necktie is red for his white palette swap. And of course, Palutena's default color has red rims at spots.
Yeah, I really do not like any of the white and red alts, including the ones from Mario, Peach, etc. :(

Also black is probably one of her worst colors, black just seems weird on a character like Rosalina. The stars on the bottom save the outfit from being flat out bad tbh.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, they made some poor choices.

If Rosalina were to have 16 color palettes like Little Mac, if only we could imagine...
You could always reference one of my Rosalina-related Brawl hacks for some shoe color ideas for her.

Yeah, I really do not like any of the white and red alts, including the ones from Mario, Peach, etc. :(

Also black is probably one of her worst colors, black just seems weird on a character like Rosalina. The stars on the bottom save the outfit from being flat out bad tbh.
Mario and Peach were meant to have references to their Fire Flower power-ups, which consists of red and white colors.

As for Rosalina's black palette swap, I too tend to think that black does not look too good on her.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Yeah, they made some poor choices.

If Rosalina were to have 16 color palettes like Little Mac, if only we could imagine...
They could've removed that pink color swap to make the Cosmic Spirit. I love Cosmic Spirit Rosalina.

kamon-san

Smash Rookie
What an interesting conversation! =D I'm glad I brought up the subject of her alternate colors, it's very nice reading about your preferences!

I painted 3 amiibos in my favorite Rosalina colors and drew her in thoses colors a few times too. :) I'd love to show you guys some pictures of the amiibos later!

My 3 favorite colors are:

-Gold (Yellow) : I really love how it shines brightly like gold, especially in the Twilight Princess stage

-Black and gold because I think it looks very elegant

-White and red because it reminds me of Mario's Fire Flower color scheme. In the old cartoon whenever Mario had that color scheme they refered to him as "Super", so because of that that color makes me feel like Rosalina is in "Super form". ;P

...I'm cheesy like that. XD

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
What

But black is so elegant!

To me, it's:

Black > Default > White > Gold > Red > Purple > Green >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pink

Pink is just horrendous.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably guessing that people don't like pink, because it makes Rosalina look too much like Peach.
No
It just literally don't look good on her or her dress.
In my opinion anyway.

It's actually hard for me to look at peach in pink in game because I always play as her in black.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There was an hilarious moment a while ago that happened to me in MKDS. i Needed to make a gif.

Also what i mean with the Tea gif is that the statement i give before it , it's not mean to be taken serious.

Oh there you go 1000th post :seuss:

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oooh I've found this pic some minutes ago and wanted to share it. It's about Rosalina's personality change, and apparently, the drawer doesn't like the fact she became "another Peach". Can't remember who here talked about that recently.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I don't mind Pink Rosalina. Blue Peach wouldn't make her look like Rosalina now, would she? The Pink Rosalina was meant to resemble a Hungry Luma anyways, not Peach. All of Rosalina's alt are pretty much just recolors collection, and it's a shame... No hair/dress changes.

Here is a gameplay on [Mini Mario & Friends: aC], more to add to the preview, yay!

Sonicbrawler182...

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I don't mind Pink Rosalina. Blue Peach wouldn't make her look like Rosalina now, would she? The Pink Rosalina was meant to resemble a Hungry Luma anyways, not Peach. All of Rosalina's alt are pretty much just recolors collection, and it's a shame... No hair/dress changes.

Here is a gameplay on [Mini Mario & Friends: aC], more to add to the preview, yay!

Sonicbrawler182...
Oh, so cute, the remix in the background isn't just the Comet Observatory, but it's like the one of Smash Bros with the Luma's theme melded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom