• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
We don't know... Maybe she'll have that portrayal, the one she had in Galaxy 1 and 2, in the story mode...

Edit:

Cute Valentine picture. I know it passed, but this is the ideal dress Rosalina should wear on Valentine's Day. <3

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Wow this drawing has such exquisite detail. Her hair, her visible eye, and really everything looks incredible. I like watching this time lapse showing the process of bringing Pretty Rosalina to life. I'm not sure if I should feel inspired or jealous? I'm thinking the former will do me more good. I've really wanted to get back into drawing for a long time now, but was always too afraid to approach it and dedicate enough time. I hope I'll find that confidence to get into it, and perhaps make some artwork of Pretty Rosalina myself. I just want to make sure I'm doing her justice.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Wow this drawing has such exquisite detail. Her hair, her visible eye, and really everything looks incredible. I like watching this time lapse showing the process of bringing Pretty Rosalina to life. I'm not sure if I should feel inspired or jealous? I'm thinking the former will do me more good. I've really wanted to get back into drawing for a long time now, but was always too afraid to approach it and dedicate enough time. I hope I'll find that confidence to get into it, and perhaps make some artwork of Pretty Rosalina myself. I just want to make sure I'm doing her justice.
You can make an beautiful artwork just like in the video if you put enough passion and dedication to it. That artist drew Rosalina realistically, by including realistic features. The only flaw that I could think of is that Rosalina's hair is a bit too short and her right part of the dress, the one below the hair, is a bit too bright. Other than that, it is perfect. I know you can draw beautifully, and when you do, it'll reveal your uniqueness. Your success will depend on your potential and passion, it may consume time, but you'll radiate. Never give up in what you believe in, go for it. Let your creativity out, and don't be scared. Hesitation would hinder you from doing so.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't exactly like heavily detailed noses on certain characters. In Rosalina's case, I prefer small or tiny noses on her.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've always liked the more realistic drawings of Rosalina because, to me, it makes her stand out even more.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So apparently , Laura Faye Smith voiced a character in the New Fire Emblem Fates.

Her name is Kana , don't know if it's legit or not ; Then again , she confirmed this herself.

So i'm kinda curious to see if that performance is ironically better sounding than Rosalina ; We all know Baby Rosalina already sounds ironically better than Rosalina herself , so idk.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oh please, I think I've even changed my mind for Laura. She sure will never sound as good as Kerri or Mercedes for me (as those two had ECHOOOO), but there's at least no MP10 voice clips. She doesn't sound like Peach for now in her voice and that's cool. What really pleases me is her victory poses. She's so graceful and humble in the first one (it reminds me her animation in Mario Golf). And I liked that infinite pirouette in this air. On-screen, she is truly Rosalina for me, let's just hope her dialogues and the story don't make her seem stupid or something that wouldn't fit.

@MaJoR MuCuS and again thank you for posting it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mercedes will always be, without a doubt, the best voice actress to voice Rosalina ever. The echo made her sound even more amazing. Kerri still gets an A from me for doing a great job keeping Rosalina the way she was supposed to be along with the echo. Laura, on the other hand, gets a big F for not having the echo and making Rosalina sound like Peach. Why, in hell's name, does Rosalina sound like ****in' Peach!?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i actually like her animations in the new M&S game.

They are so fluid and all.

Though , i believe it was kinda poitless to make her float since she only appears like that in her victory and select screens , otherwise is useless and not showing. And as i said , what bothers me is what you hear doesn't match what i see.

In Mario Golf Rosalina bows and laughts gently ; In here she bows and says a peachy OH YEAHH!.

I can't with Nintendo and their stupidness.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
i actually like her animations in the new M&S game.

They are so fluid and all.

Though , i believe it was kinda poitless to make her float since she only appears like that in her victory and select screens , otherwise is useless and not showing. And as i said , what bothers me is what you hear doesn't match what i see.

In Mario Golf Rosalina bows and laughts gently ; In here she bows and says a peachy OH YEAHH!.

I can't with Nintendo and their stupidness.

It's true you don't expect such a voice with such movements, but that's not so Peachy. Yeah, no echo and no Kerri/Mercedes, but Laura wasn't really bad in MK8 and this voice clip isn't the worst. They could've taken a voice clip from MP10... Oh dear, I don't even want to think of it (and btw thank you for those gifs).

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Contrary to popular belief , Mario Party 10 voice clips are actually miles better than MK8.

1- She doesn't scream until her voice cracks

2- Mario Party 10 clips are actually from Super Mario 3D World plus some unused ones.

i honestly don't care about the echo , since that doesn't make the voice sound any better. The pitch is what matters.

Rosalina:
http://s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0bv3u4g97Gv.mp3

Blue Peach Clone:
http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1yxCnQNygvR.mp3

My ears and my soul cry and that's why i don't do Antrigravity tricks in Mario Kart 8 as Rosalina to avoid possible headaches.

I refuse to defend it since im not the one that likes taking half asset stuff over quality stuff.

And since Nintendo loves to milk specifically Rosalina's worst voice over to date , i can only despise them for it and pray for it to change soon.

That's why i would like for Rosalina to debut in Mario Strikers or some good serious game ; That way they wouldn't use that awful voice ; at least i hope ...

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Contrary to popular belief , Mario Party 10 voice clips are actually miles better than MK8.

1- She doesn't scream until her voice cracks

2- Mario Party 10 clips are actually from Super Mario 3D World plus some unused ones.

i honestly don't care about the echo , since that doesn't make the voice sound any better. The pitch is what matters.

Rosalina:
http://s0.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s0bv3u4g97Gv.mp3

Blue Peach Clone:
http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1yxCnQNygvR.mp3

My ears and my soul cry and that's why i don't do Antrigravity tricks in Mario Kart 8 as Rosalina to avoid possible headaches.

I refuse to defend it since im not the one that likes taking half asset stuff over quality stuff.

And since Nintendo loves to milk specifically Rosalina's worst voice over to date , i can only despise them for it and pray for it to change soon.

That's why i would like for Rosalina to debut in Mario Strikers or some good serious game ; That way they wouldn't use that awful voice ; at least i hope ...
Of course all clips from MP10 aren't that bad and vice versa for MK8. But the ones she uses for her victory animations there aren't really that Peachy, seriously. Even tho I prefer her old voices too, I think you may be overreacting with your soul crying and all.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Except no.

But anyway , i couldn't care less anymore , since Nintendo doesn't , i don't see the reason why i should care anymore.

The day they rescue Rosalina's former character , i will start caring again.

Besides , i shouldn't really care on the first place since i'm not planning of getting the 3DS game anyway . I will still have some little fun playing as Blue Peach in the Wii U version, however.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
But anyway , i couldn't care less anymore
S-Sorry?! Why did you post complain messages that looked like discourses if you "couldn't care less"?

Aah, this thread is made of complains, this is disheartening.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm saying that right now , i couldn't care less.

I did before , no shame in that.

What pissed me off is Nintendo rubbing in the face of everybody the fact that they don't care , as you can see they don't even credit the owner of that terrible performance and instead credit Kerri Kane , who actually did a good job.

If you want to be snarky , that's cool , just keep it to yourself ; Doesn't stop the fact that people still support terrible choices and that's why Rosalina is terrible nowdays.

period.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I'm saying that right now , i couldn't care less.

I did before , no shame in that.

What pissed me off is Nintendo rubbing in the face of everybody the fact that they don't care , as you can see they don't even credit the owner of that terrible performance and instead credit Kerri Kane , who actually did a good job.

If you want to be snarky , that's cool , just keep it to yourself ; Doesn't stop the fact that people still support terrible choices and that's why Rosalina is terrible nowdays.

period.
I'm not sure Nintendo cares about people supporting terrible choices, like you say. They wouldn't support them, Nintendo would continue making their own choices, as always (I'm saying Nintendo, but I assume Koizumi's behind those choices and his opinion is certainly more important than ours).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Of course Nintendo doesn't care about other people's opinions, it's them we're talking about. Now I can see why they're big failures when it comes to sales for the Wii U compared to the PS4 and Xbox.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Here is a list of playable characters in the upcoming Rio Olympic Games.

Character
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Amy

Birdo
Blaze
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Cream
Daisy
Diddy Kong
Doctor Eggman
Donkey Kong 2
Dry Bones
Dry Bowser
E-123 Omega
Eggman Nega
Espio
Jet 2
Knuckles
Larry
Ludwig
Luigi
Mario
Metal Sonic
Mii 1 1 1
Nabbit
Peach
Rosalina
Rouge 2
Roy
Shadow
Silver 2
Sonic
Sticks
Tails
Vector
Waluigi
Wario
Wave
Wendy
Yoshi
Zavok
Zazz

Here's a video of Rosalina performing the dance, and Blaze does it shortly afterwards. One thing I hate is how she's ambidextrous in her victory, she waves with the right AND her left. It's pretty weird, to me, she should've be right-handed.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So yeah , it got even Worse.

Not only it's the Mario Kart 8 voice ; Rosalina also says that DISGUSTING YAHOOOOOOOO that i don't like at all . and for literally no reason. Bows down , and then YAHOOOOO!.

Seriously ?

Its just hilarious at his point , i'll take it as they didn't want me to buy the game lmao

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Of course Nintendo doesn't care about other people's opinions, it's them we're talking about. Now I can see why they're big failures when it comes to sales for the Wii U compared to the PS4 and Xbox.
Even if that's true, PS4 and XBOX ONE have absolutely nothing that I'd ever want to play.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I will admit it. The YAHOOOOO sounds like Peach. And this references to how close Peach and Rosalina truly is. I will love Rosalina all the way even though she would sound like Daisy. Like what Rosalina said:

She won't always be that same person... I can make a story, once upon a Tino...
Rosalina was devasted with all that loneliness and isolation in space. Mario was the shine in her eyes, she now knew where she was meant to be. She was getting more socially active with her Mushroom Kingdom friends, and so on. The more she spent with them, the more she rubs off. She used to be that sorrowful person when Mario first met her, and now she is who she desires to be. An outgoing woman, who is independant, with no help, whatsoever. For now, who she is today, will her past be never forgotten. She will always be motherly, and caring to all her friends, as she had been with her Lumas. We may discover that in the story mode, but one would object it, whom's name I mention before the starting of the story. I mean no harm, hate or love Rosalina, she will continue to stay in the Mushroom Kingdom, and return home every 100th comet. And that is the story of how Rosalina, the mother of Lumas, become who she is today, a socially active woman.
...And thus, ends the story. This isn't meant to be canon but that is how I see Rosalina develops. For all the haters, may the stars rain down on you, and for all the fans, may the stars of passion, truly shine down on you...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I will always remember Rosalina for who she really is.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah , i feel very very dissapointed. Then again i would be lying if i say i wouldn't play as her at least once.

Then again i will have to take pills to avoid headaches ; That is if i ever get the Wii U version , which at this point if very hidden within details.

I always beat and play these games as Peach mostly , so it doesn't affect me as much as i made it out to be. I'll still enjoy placing better than the Rosalina CPU.

and no , that YahhooooOOOooo doesn't sound like Peach. It sounds like a chicken dying.

And seriously , Was it really hard to do???

This is what we should be getting. This is what it should be.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah , i feel very very dissapointed. Then again i would be lying if i say i wouldn't play as her at least once.

Then again i will have to take pills to avoid headaches ; That is if i ever get the Wii U version , which at this point if very hidden within details.

I always beat and play these games as Peach mostly , so it doesn't affect me as much as i made it out to be. I'll still enjoy placing better than the Rosalina CPU.

and no , that YahhooooOOOooo doesn't sound like Peach. It sounds like a chicken dying.

And seriously , Was it really hard to do???

This is what we should be getting. This is what it should be.

She got a pimped out victory pose

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So yeah , Laura Faye Smith did voice Kanna in Fire Emblem Fates ; But turns out is the Male version of Kanna , the character can be a girl or a boy (like Corrin) and Laura voices the boy.

Now before saying my own opinion , i find very hilarious and ironic that the common opinion about this performance is that she made him sound very girly ...
something similar happened to a certain character that i know very well... LOL

Ok , enough of being shady.

Anyway , i believe people were a bit harsh since i personally like it . I mean come on , it's just a little boy , he is suppouse to young and bit cute , and i think she provided it very well.

If anything she voices younger characters very well. Sadly we cannot say the same for good old Rosalina (RIP).

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
That was a very interesting audio clip, and it made me think. What if... Laura voices young Rosalina and Mercedes or Kerri voices the adult one? Well, if young Rosalina were to be voiced, that is. You said it yourself, Laura voices younger characters very well.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Bruh... M&S at the Olympic Games was one of the games that got my interest on the Wii, my cousin burn tons of games for my modded Wii. However, most of them are terrible third party games... No, Mario Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Galaxy 2, Xenoblade (Nuff said)... most of the games above we got them by ourselves. Some of the burned copies worked, while some failed.

I really like M&S at the London 2012 Olympic Games' OST, Rio 2016 however, just feel like Rio... it's not bad, it's just doesn't feel innovative.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So yeah , Laura Faye Smith did voice Kanna in Fire Emblem Fates ; But turns out is the Male version of Kanna , the character can be a girl or a boy (like Corrin) and Laura voices the boy.

Now before saying my own opinion , i find very hilarious and ironic that the common opinion about this performance is that she made him sound very girly ...
something similar happened to a certain character that i now very well... LOL

Ok , enough of being shady.

Anyway , i believe people were a bit harsh since i personally like it . I mean come on , it's just a little boy , he is suppouse to young and bit cute , and i think she provided it very well.

If anything she voices younger characters very well. Sadly we cannot say the same for good old Rosalina (RIP).
Pit and Rosalina in Fire Emblem...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It would be better if Laura voices younger characters instead considering that she sounds a whole lot better that way.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Guys, I have an idea of what a Blue Peach clone would look like! It's all too simple, really. You just got to add Peach's head in and put on Rosalina's beta dress. It should look something like this:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
For a change , i agree with Tino.

Since she really did better as Baby Rosalina .

But even so , Baby Rosalina can sound like normal Rosalina at times which is a bit odd. Baby Mario and company don't sound like their adult counterparts , maybe Baby Daisy sounds a little like Daisy. But Baby Rosalina legit sounds way too much like Rosalina , and even so it's still better.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For a change , i agree with Tino.

Since she really did better as Baby Rosalina .

But even so , Baby Rosalina can sound like normal Rosalina at times which is a bit odd. Baby Mario and company don't sound like their adult counterparts , maybe Baby Daisy sounds a little like Daisy. But Baby Rosalina legit sounds way too much like Rosalina , and even so it's still better.
Never unlocked/seen Baby Rosalina, so that seems kinda weird voice wise

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom