• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
User was warned for this post
Um.. Guys... I'd HIGHLY recommend you not go here. Bad language, inappropriate image.. Worst, hatred: *Link removed*

Moderator Edit: Do not post links to videos that contain inappropriate images.

Last edited by a moderator:

kamon-san

Smash Rookie
There you go, like I said I would:

My 3 favorite Rosalina alternate colors. It was a lot of fun painting the amiibos, even though I'm still learning. =)

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Yeah, where's Nabbit Run the game Mario and Sonic at the Rio games?
Well, I hope the 3DS version stays where it is now, 'cause it doesn't appeal me with that character lock functionality.

The Minis game is so irrelevant.

It came ut of nowhere , and i truly want other sort of news at this point , about some other games.
Well, this seems like a nice little game, notice they haven't done ads everywhere to promote it... No need to complain I think, it's just a little game to use freely the Mario amiibos you've bought.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, I hope the 3DS version stays where it is now, 'cause it doesn't appeal me with that character lock functionality.

Well, this seems like a nice little game, notice they haven't done ads everywhere to promote it... No need to complain I think, it's just a little game to use freely the Mario amiibos you've bought.
I hope WiiU version will fix that.
I want to play Soccer with Rosalina and pretend it's a Strikers game.

She'd be some kind of Soccer Mom which would be hillarious.

Exactly , the one game that's suppoused to have news doesn't get any and with are heading to march soon.

We got Problems , is always the same with Nintendo.
The game is horribly flawed with the character lock though.
I wouldn't want to advertise it until the Olympic Games are actually there.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I hope WiiU version will fix that.
I want to play Soccer with Rosalina and pretend it's a Strikers game.

She'd be some kind of Soccer Mom which would be hillarious.
Well, if it's like the London version, it should be okay. If they dare releasing the Wii U version in August or something like that and tell us there's character lock, I'd be really really disappointed. I hope they'll use their time to make the character available in every events.
And yeah I wanna play soccer with Rosie too... Wonder what will be the Mario girls' outfits for soccer. Rosalina would need a new one, as her tennis outfit and her swimsuit wouldn't fit. And I'm not sure they'd use her biker outfit.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Here we go again.

Mario And Sonic guy please , you know it's going to happen.

We love it or hate it , it's going to happen. As a female regular character , Rosalina is following the steps of Peach and Daisy , in the sense that she doesn't get to have 1 unconfortable dress to play certain things.

She is going to get tons of outfit , and im just going to love every second of it , not because of stupid reasons but because it's going to happen.

Belly or not belly , who cares? Strong independent female characters can wear anything as long as they are not portrayed as stupid generic fillers such as Rosalina recently , but even so , the outfits they are giving to her are fine as hell.

If Rosalina gets the shorts outfit palette swap , it's whatever since it doesn't even show her GASP

Her ... gasp! .... belly.

omg i feel sooo bad for saying that word.... not

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Peach and Daisy can probably stick with their baseball outfits for Soccer. As for Rosalina, do NOT expose her belly.
Which sport outfit realizable in such a game would show Rosalina's belly? I cannot even remember an outfit of Peach or Daisy exposing their bellies, so why would they do that to Rosalina?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Which sport outfit realizable in such a game would show Rosalina's belly? I cannot even remember an outfit of Peach or Daisy exposing their bellies, so why would they do that to Rosalina?
Mario Strikers games.

If anything they looked better considering that they are playing soccer , i don't know what people are expecting.

As long as nobody ever dares to say that they want Rosalina playing soccer in a FREAKING DRESS , is all good.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Would an outfit that resembles the following work for Rosalina if she played Soccer?

And yes, she would be wearing shorts as well.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Ugh.. So I knew I was going to get an infraction for it, but you guys just had to see that horrible hater, and almost all of the comments are Rosalina haters. Well, I hope it just won't get viral. And I also did warn before clicking on the links...

On the topic of Rosalina in the 2016 Rio Olympics Games, I'm sure she's just going to be wearing a sport attire, like Peach and Daisy. I'm predicting Rosalina will get about 2-4 more new outfits, 3-4 for counting Mario Strikers. Here is a gallery of ideas what Rosalina could wear:

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well Rosalina is certainly getting tons of outfits right now.

In Mario And Sonic and the Olympic Rio games (Wii U version) we can expect characters playing multiple sports .

There's probably going to be Equestrian events in the Wii U version since Daisy has a render that supports it , while she is not available for said event in the 3DS.

The Soccer game is an active sport , so If you play as Peach i.e. then she most likely will get her shorts , like Daisy since they wear those outfits BY DEFAULT in the Summer games.

What im trying to say is , that , since Rosalina is playable , this means that she most likely will get tons of outfits.

She will get the Winter Outfit for the Equestrian event.
She will get the Shorts outfit for the Soccer event and normal events.
She already got a swimsuit.

If everything goes with logic , then it should happen easily.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well Rosalina is certainly getting tons of outfits right now.

In Mario And Sonic and the Olympic Rio games (Wii U version) we can expect characters playing multiple sports .

There's probably going to be Equestrian events in the Wii U version since Daisy has a render that supports it , while she is not available for said event in the 3DS.

The Soccer game is an active sport , so If you play as Peach i.e. then she most likely will get her shorts , like Daisy since they wear those outfits BY DEFAULT in the Summer games.

What im trying to say is , that , since Rosalina is playable , this means that she most likely will get tons of outfits.

She will get the Winter Outfit for the Equestrian event.
She will get the Shorts outfit for the Soccer event and normal events.
She already got a swimsuit.

If everything goes with logic , then it should happen easily.
And the winter outfit will be my favorite, and that's just me. You can be sure that Rosalina will wear the winter outfit for the next Winter Olympics as well.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Even if they do make another Mario sports game, I wouldn't be interested in getting it. I pretty much lost interest in getting another boring as **** Mario spin-off game.

And right now, I have no interest in pre ordering Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games anytime soon...maybe until the Olympic Games itself starts in the summer.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Changing subject.

i hope they record new lines for the characters in Mario and Sonic At the Olympic Rio games.

I'm not gonna complain about Rosie's voice , but i have a little theory about why they didn't give Rosalina an echo in recent games.

My theory is that , they didn't do it because they were lazy basically.

No , im not joking , it makes sense actually.

When Mercedes Rose recorded for Rosalina , she did it 1 time in 1 day. This means that all her SMG and MKWii recordings were done the same day. We all know that Rosalina doesn's speak much in Galaxy , but she does in MKWii so they added the filter because that's Rosalina's gimmick ; There were not many clips and it was just one session , so they added it on that.

For Kerri Kane it was mostly the same. Kerri Kane recorded for Rosalina just once , in 1 day. Those recordings were just sounds and very very few words , that were just used in MK7 , With others that we don't hear in MK7 being put in Golf and Smash.
Again , few clips , not too much to do.

Now , For Laura Faye Smith its different. Why? Well , simply because Super Mario 3D World has 100+ clips for each character , if not even more. That counting the Cat noises , which i guess would sound a bit weird with an echo filter.

They have waaaay too many clips , and edit them just to add a filter was just not in their priorites i guess.

Now For MK8 ; My point is that they recorded the same clips in the same session , and just let that sunk in like in 3D World.

This makes sense , since Laura Faye Smith had to obviously record again for MK8 since she voiced Baby Rosalina , and Baby Rosalina DOES HAVE FILTER IN HER VOICE CLIPS.

It also matches the fact , that Metal Mario and PGP , and even Dry Bowser have Altered voices.

The characters that recived new clips for MK8 got all done , meanwhile people with existing clips from old sessions were untouched , and that's why Rosalina lacks a filter in MK8.

That's my conclusion.

So , that's why i want them to STOP reusing clips , and record more so they add it again , if im actually right.

And yes , it's not a big deal , whatever , but i couldn't help it , i just came out with that conclusion somehow.

Last edited:

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina only has the leotard in the 3ds version of M&S.

She floats as well.

Moderator Edit: Removed a broken link.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

She floats as well.
oh my god thank you for always posting such pics.
And she floats, this is wonderful! A floating Rosalina is a good Rosalina, especially in such an outfit!

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

She floats as well.

Moderator Edit: Removed a broken link.
I knew there would be a story mode! I bet she speaks using big words and delicately. The Wii U version has yet to come... Do you live at Nintendo or something, because this would've been spoilers.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I knew there would be a story mode! I bet she speaks using big words and delicately. The Wii U version has yet to come... Do you live at Nintendo or something, because this would've been spoilers.
The game's out in Japan, I suppose he got some screenshots on the Internet (tho I wasn't even able to find one personally)

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The game's out in Japan, I suppose he got some screenshots on the Internet
I didn't even know the game was out in Japan, or anywhere. So they aren't leaks?
(tho I wasn't even able to find one personally)
That's what I hate, other people getting news on Rosalina quickly than I do, and they get attention and not me. (Not that I crave attention rather than be the one giving the news.)

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I didn't even know the game was out in Japan, or anywhere. So they aren't leaks?

That's what I hate, other people getting news on Rosalina quickly than I do, and they get attention and not me. (Not that I crave attention rather than be the one giving the news.)
Just be patient. It's 9 o'clock in Japan right now, meaning Japanese people and Western with Japanese 3DS will soon be uploading content. I've already seen a video of the story mode, for example.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina would only speak in her victory ceremony or when she loses since:

Story mode lacks voice clips

The event she participates lacks them too

The announcer says the names of each character, and characters don't say anything like in past games..

Edit:

OK im slighty pissed for 2 reasons.

1- They ruined Peach lines.

She gets 2nd place and says so weird ''Whooooooooaaaaaa'' . WTF?

And then her other quote in the actual stage is something you can barely hear ...???

2- The dance routines are not unique to characters, they go with the music ; This Mii does the exact same dance as Rosalina did in her video , the only difference is the ending pose.

EDIT 2:

Im ♥♥♥♥ing done with Nintendo if this is not legit in-game.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Im done with Nintendo on this issue.

and they still go on and reuse MK8 voice instead of 3D World.

Dude why did you even record 100+ clips for each character if you aren't going to use it?

This is pissing me off really bad now. Nintendo is just trashy , i have even less respect now.

You know what , just call Laura Faye Smith and tell her that her name legally now is ''Kerry Kane''

Not even Kerri , but ''Kerry'' instead.

smh

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Obviously not.

I knowt it's not big deal and that im the only person on earth that cares about it.

Then again , that doesn't take away the fact that Nintendo is just stupid.

Chikao Otsuka (Eggman) saddly passed away and he still credited right in the credits. Meanwhile 3 games in a row they forget that they even hired Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina

SMH.

ok im done.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have no intention of getting the 2016 Olympic Games, so this really doesn't affect my ties with Nintendo. Besides, PlayStation and XBOX hardly ever make any games that I'd want to play.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I already given up on the Mario series and severed my ties with Nintendon't since they got rid of everything that made Rosalina special in the first place. While I will continue to buy games for it, the Wii U will be the last **** I'll ever buy from them.

And ****, they got a few great games for the PS4 right now and a few coming out that does catch my interest.

As for Xbox...well, you got me.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Are we really going back to this now? Why are you guys focusing on the bad side of Nintendo when there are CLEARLY good things out there? Why do you not accept things the way they are? I don't mind being called "Souless" and "Meaningless" but I don't care about those minor details, nor how Rosalina is voiced or portrayed. In fact, I'm okay with those, and I plan to get Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, for the Wii U, duh.. Bad enough, there are haters, and now this? Nintendo is not called "Nintendon't" nor is the company "Stupid". (Stupid used to be my favorite word, Lmao.) I truly mean no offense, but I'm just trying to defend Rosalina and Nintendo. Hating on Nintendo won't change anything, they won't care, unless everyone bothers with it. Never will I lose my passion for Rosalina, she is still unique in her ways, and Nintendo is my favorite gaming company. Nintendo made from the classic to nowadays, reminding us of childhood.

So before we move this discussion any further, take a listen to this:
Let's try not to start something with this news, okay?
Me right now:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom