• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Guys, I'm playing right now with a friend of mine to test Corrin and Bayo and now The match up with Rosalina. Do the new characters have a ton of priorità or Luma now has different properties? It clanks with EVERY attack, it's so strange.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Priorità=Priority, IYWW.
And as far as I am aware, they didn't change the awkward priority on Luma, for what concerns Bayonetta and Kamui, the priority depends on damage of the attacks clanking as a rule of thumb(Luma goes in its own way, clashing with attacks that deal 10% with his rapid jab and stuff like that) so take notice of the damage dealt from their attacks to tell their priority.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I was writing on the phone, autocorrect lol
I know how "priority" works but then Luma Fsmash clanked with Falcon jab (or ftilt don't remember). Never happened to me. Maybe I was just really unlucky for alla the time I've played

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
I mean of all the things to nerf, her weight by one point is just so... odd.

Well, better than something major (such as nerfs to Luma dair / up air / health) I guess.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I mean of all the things to nerf, her weight by one point is just so... odd.

Well, better than something major (such as nerfs to Luma dair / up air / health) I guess.
To add insult to injury, Kirby actually outweighs Rosalina now. Of course, Mewtwo got absolutely nothing, so it's still the 2nd lightest fighter.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I finally have time to play Smash Wii U, but I had start to get a bit clumsy on Rosalina… hope I can get better

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Corrin f-smash is tough to challenge with Rosalina. Considering that passes through Luma and usually I find myself in the position where it's stronger. I haven't played against Bayonetta decently yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Corrin f-smash is tough to challenge with Rosalina. Considering that passes through Luma and usually I find myself in the position where it's stronger. I haven't played against Bayonetta decently yet.
It'll be quite a while before a match-up discussion thread is made for Corrin and Bayonetta. Heck, Cloud doesn't have his own thread either.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Well, I can imagine. I was just giving my first impressions. And Bayonetta just is really annoying, she travels so much space!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I can imagine. I was just giving my first impressions. And Bayonetta just is really annoying, she travels so much space!
Not to mention that nearly inescapable jab!
However Bayonetta can be hard to punish her opponents sometimes, you need to be very wise when using her Smash attacks.
I remember today I use Sonic fight against my brother's Bayonetta, he can able to rack my Sonic's damage quick, but I end up KO Bayonetta first, my Sonic survived up to 260% even with her so many attacks.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I have something I want to state and I'd very much appreciate it if you all take the time to listen... If many of you have noticed, I've absent lately, it was due to the facts that my grades were suffering and I had to make-up. And other problems as well, not that you would care of. I don't want to start off by complaining (About life, hardware problems, etc.) so I'll move on ahead of that topic. I will try to post here daily and come here under no matter what to get news on Rosalina and other Nintendo stuffs. The reason I post here daily is because I am so much of a fan of Rosalina that I'm willing to spend my dedication 90% to her. Another reason is that more I post here, the more I benefit. Maybe I'll get premium, so I can change the hideous name I currently have. I really don't know why I named myself "Char Seasalina" just because it rhymes with Rosalina. I guess you can call this a get-to-know topic since I feel that I need to be more aquaintance with everyone here, and do note that I am not sharing private information. I feel so blessed coming here and it means to me how I get to communicate with everyone who shares the same interest as me, which is rare IRL. To be truthful about the Super Smash Brother series, I don't really fit with that because of my lack of skills and wit. First off, I don't even know where to train/learn and I speak poor fighting lingo such as Jab, Nair, or other attacks you can name. I'm an amateur. I think I've said everything that needs to be said.

Cute Valentine fanart.
Love love love! Rosalina in this picture defines modesty. Perhaps she would've said something like this:
Rosalina: "Such flattery and chivalry, please! This is too much, I very much appreciate your offer, really!"
We don't really know who possesses those hand that holds the heart but I'm guessing it's a "Viewer X Rosalina" valentine picture.

If Rosalina were to be in the Total Drama series, this would take the cake! It's very funny and seems like Rosalina at the same time. I'm not too sure if there is are explicit language so I recommend thinking before watching this video. And here is a unique artwork of Kitty Rosalina, very arousing.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I have something I want to state and I'd very much appreciate it if you all take the time to listen... If many of you have noticed, I've absent lately, it was due to the facts that my grades were suffering and I had to make-up. And other problems as well, not that you would care of. I don't want to start off by complaining (About life, hardware problems, etc.) so I'll move on ahead of that topic. I will try to post here daily and come here under no matter what to get news on Rosalina and other Nintendo stuffs. The reason I post here daily is because I am so much of a fan of Rosalina that I'm willing to spend my dedication 90% to her. Another reason is that more I post here, the more I benefit. Maybe I'll get premium, so I can change the hideous name I currently have. I really don't know why I named myself "Char Seasalina" just because it rhymes with Rosalina. I guess you can call this a get-to-know topic since I feel that I need to be more aquaintance with everyone here, and do note that I am not sharing private information. I feel so blessed coming here and it means to me how I get to communicate with everyone who shares the same interest as me, which is rare IRL. To be truthful about the Super Smash Brother series, I don't really fit with that because of my lack of skills and wit. First off, I don't even know where to train/learn and I speak poor fighting lingo such as Jab, Nair, or other attacks you can name. I'm an amateur. I think I've said everything that needs to be said.

Love love love! Rosalina in this picture defines modesty. Perhaps she would've said something like this:
Rosalina: "Such flattery and chivalry, please! This is too much, I very much appreciate your offer, really!"
We don't really know who possesses those hand that holds the heart but I'm guessing it's a "Viewer X Rosalina" valentine picture.

If Rosalina were to be in the Total Drama series, this would take the cake! It's very funny and seems like Rosalina at the same time. I'm not too sure if there is are explicit language so I recommend thinking before watching this video. And here is a unique artwork of Kitty Rosalina, very arousing.

Just don't force yourself to do that, if you aren't able to, you have no duty toward us. About that picture, it's pretty weird, 1. Because while he outline is made of continuous lines, the colors only take half of the picture and color it with that style and 2. because some weird proportions.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Just don't force yourself to do that, if you aren't able to, you have no duty toward us. About that picture, it's pretty weird, 1. Because while he outline is made of continuous lines, the colors only take half of the picture and color it with that style and 2. because some weird proportions.
I know I have no duty here, but I belong here, so that is why I post here daily. It's like home to me, are you implying I'm not essential and that I don't matter here? I love this place as much as I love Rosalina. I don't want to be labelled as an "Very In-active" person. I don't want to pretend like I'm someone that everyone should care about, I just want to get to know people better. On the topic of no duty, I said I know have none, but I was wrong, and so are you. Everyone has a duty here, and that is to keep this thread going. I want to contribute as much as everyone does, to share my interests. Now I don't really know if YOU either care or not if I should post daily. Considering this is the very first thread I posted on here, and so far the only. I was told to make myself welcome here when I first came. Also, when I first arrived, sonicbrawler182 said:

Also "Smash Rookie" is just a rank that indicates how long you've been here. But it will change as you hang around here.
Meaning I benefit from posting here more often, and no one can stop me! Except my parents... And other elders... The point is, I want to stay here and be very active, so I get to choose whether to not or post here, and I choose to belong here and feel happy and free.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
User was warned for this post
Can i kindly ask why on earth are you antagonizing @MezzoMe?

He was kind enough to answer to your non-sense and there you go thinking he was implying that you don't matter?

Sheesh...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Cute Valentine fanart.
Valentine's day already?
Love Akairiot's artwork, especially how he draws Rosalina.
I have something I want to state and I'd very much appreciate it if you all take the time to listen... If many of you have noticed, I've absent lately, it was due to the facts that my grades were suffering and I had to make-up. And other problems as well, not that you would care of. I don't want to start off by complaining (About life, hardware problems, etc.) so I'll move on ahead of that topic. I will try to post here daily and come here under no matter what to get news on Rosalina and other Nintendo stuffs.
Okay, look, eveyone in this thread loves Rosalina. However you may also notice me being inactive in this thread as well. That's because I had try on other stuff in my life, like playing new games and watching animes etc. I also remember back in my high school days I often go to my school's library and use the PC to check my Youtube sub videos and Smashboards. The reason why I check Youtube everyday is because I don't want to miss any videos, just imagine it's like I can't miss my favorite TV show. But of course there were times I got to deep and get a bit of trouble. So I did went on a short web hiatus last year in order to prepare for an important exam in my life.
Besides Smashboards there are other more websites that you can get Nintendo news on, I highly recommend you mynintendonews.com , its a website that post Nintendo news daily, it's clean and easy.
The reason I post here daily is because I am so much of a fan of Rosalina that I'm willing to spend my dedication 90% to her.
About you are wiling to spend that much of dedication on Rosalina...I have to say is a bit of silly, I mean it's your choice and it's not wrong to be a big fan of Rosalina. But if you had more thing that are important in your real life, you should diminish that passion just a bit. I know my advice can be cruel, so take it whatever you will.
I just want to say how often you want to stay on this website is your own choice. Just don't be addicted… and I have to say, nobody really cares if you are active or inactive or not...well...I mean for users on the Internet at least.
Another reason is that more I post here, the more I benefit. Maybe I'll get premium, so I can change the hideous name I currently have. I really don't know why I named myself "Char Seasalina" just because it rhymes with Rosalina. I guess you can call this a get-to-know topic since I feel that I need to be more aquaintance with everyone here, and do note that I am not sharing private information. I feel so blessed coming here and it means to me how I get to communicate with everyone who shares the same interest as me, which is rare IRL.
I'm not sure what does your "benefit" mean, the reason why I post comments on Smashboards is just because I want to share my ideas and thoughts to people on Smashboards. Sometimes I had decent chat, sometimes I had some flame wars. Also premium, you can only get it buy paying with Paypal, or ask other people to gift a premium to you. And it's not rare at all, if you like Smash Bros and Rosalina, this is a place for you to stay.
To be truthful about the Super Smash Brother series, I don't really fit with that because of my lack of skills and wit. First off, I don't even know where to train/learn and I speak poor fighting lingo such as Jab, Nair, or other attacks you can name. I'm an amateur. I think I've said everything that needs to be said.
Hey, you don't need to be good at Smash Bros to fit with us, if you are referring to competitive scene, you can try to find some Smash Bros Youtube channels like VGbootcamo, Rush Hour Smash, to get started.
Me for example, English is my second language, so it's often hard for me to understand some Smash Bros terms. And hell, I actually know Smash back when I was in USA, after I return to my country. The only source for me to find Smash Bros info and stuff... is Internet. Back I was in middle school I went on a short game and Internet hiatus. I focus more on my real life instead of Internet. But nowadays I had became more mature and know how to balance my time... well.. sort of...
As the last part, I can say is: PRACTICE, find some Smash communities near you or even fight against Lv 9 CPUs and Single player mode helps. Train whenever you can. I personally can't because I really don't have time, and Taiwan doesn't have a solid Smash4 community. Time is still the biggest problem though.

All in all, just go enjoy Internet,Smash Bros and Smashboards the way you like. Just please, never get too deep. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm always welcome.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Valentine's day already?
Love Akairiot's artwork, especially how he draws Rosalina.

Okay, look, eveyone in this thread loves Rosalina. However you may also notice me being inactive in this thread as well. That's because I had try on other stuff in my life, like playing new games and watching animes etc. I also remember back in my high school days I often go to my school's library and use the PC to check my Youtube sub videos and Smashboards. The reason why I check Youtube everyday is because I don't want to miss any videos, just imagine it's like I can't miss my favorite TV show. But of course there were times I got to deep and get a bit of trouble. So I did went on a short web hiatus last year in order to prepare for an important exam in my life.
Besides Smashboards there are other more websites that you can get Nintendo news on, I highly recommend you mynintendonews.com , its a website that post Nintendo news daily, it's clean and easy.

About you are wiling to spend that much of dedication on Rosalina...I have to say is a bit of silly, I mean it's your choice and it's not wrong to be a big fan of Rosalina. But if you had more thing that are important in your real life, you should diminish that passion just a bit. I know my advice can be cruel, so take it whatever you will.
I just want to say how often you want to stay on this website is your own choice. Just don't be addicted… and I have to say, nobody really cares if you are active or inactive or not...well...I mean for users on the Internet at least.

I'm not sure what does your "benefit" mean, the reason why I post comments on Smashboards is just because I want to share my ideas and thoughts to people on Smashboards. Sometimes I had decent chat, sometimes I had some flame wars. Also premium, you can only get it buy paying with Paypal, or ask other people to gift a premium to you. And it's not rare at all, if you like Smash Bros and Rosalina, this is a place for you to stay.

Hey, you don't need to be good at Smash Bros to fit with us, if you are referring to competitive scene, you can try to find some Smash Bros Youtube channels like VGbootcamo, Rush Hour Smash, to get started.
Me for example, English is my second language, so it's often hard for me to understand some Smash Bros terms. And hell, I actually know Smash back when I was in USA, after I return to my country. The only source for me to find Smash Bros info and stuff... is Internet. Back I was in middle school I went on a short game and Internet hiatus. I focus more on my real life instead of Internet. But nowadays I had became more mature and know how to balance my time... well.. sort of...
As the last part, I can say is: PRACTICE, find some Smash communities near you or even fight against Lv 9 CPUs and Single player mode helps. Train whenever you can. I personally can't because I really don't have time, and Taiwan doesn't have a solid Smash4 community. Time is still the biggest problem though.

All in all, just go enjoy Internet,Smash Bros and Smashboards the way you like. Just please, never get too deep. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm always welcome.
I AM addicted. You're right, I should put my 50% dedication on Rosalina. All I want is to reply here daily, and by "benefit" I mean have more messages to earn more rankings. Thanks for replying to my sincere speech, it means a whole lot to me. I'll gradually rise and have everything set fine, thank you for your concern.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
More Rosalina drawings from Miiverse...

About the bottom pic,
申, this year's Kanji or Chinese according to the Chinese sexagenary cycle, know as Stems-and-Branches. 申is the branch Kanji/Chinese. There are 10 Stems and 12 Branches. Making a total of 60 individual Stem-and-Branches sexagenary cycle. The time to meet same Kanji combination takes 60 years. The Braches also represents the 12 animals on the Chinese zodiac.This year's combination is 丙申, the year of monkey. As you see how Luma makes his head like a monkey's hair.
I AM addicted. You're right, I should put my 50% dedication on Rosalina. All I want is to reply here daily, and by "benefit" I mean have more messages to earn more rankings. Thanks for replying to my sincere speech, it means a whole lot to me. I'll gradually rise and have everything set fine, thank you for your concern.
I know, I'm personally a bit addicted to Smash Bros and anime to be honest. But I don't let those stuff drag me down.
I just help whenever I can, its nothing really.

Last edited:

Royug

Smash Cadet
I mean, it's fine to like Rosalina a lot, and to want to dedicate your time talking about her (even if, in my opinion, there's a lot more interesting and developped characters in the Nintendo franchises than her). But maybe there's a better place to put your dedication than in this single thread in a Smash forum. There's probably other Nintendo forums out there more fitted for this, or even Miiverse. But whatever, if you like it here, then fine.

But you speak about smashboards as if it's made to post messages, like as a finality. Why do you feel that you need to post here daily ? Just for the sake of it ? Also, remember that the rankings are only a gimmick. Forums are made to share thoughts, experiences, discuss, etc. Having a high rank and lots of messages is useless if all the messages you post are superficial and meaningless.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I realistically can see top players (like FOW) picking Corrin just to deal with Rosalina. Seriously, he seems tought to challenge.
And against Bayonetta we are quite good because of Luma, but if the Bayonetta player manages to kill Luma we are in a bad disadvange, I think it's the match up where Luma is more important than ever.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Dunno about that, I'm not one of for first-day placements and opinions
ZeRo said:
Corrin's DSmash isn't that slow
^39 frames of endlag
Just like I'm not one for the storm of players of those new entrances, that hardly ever know the game from wich they came
Everyone that you understand hasn't played Bayonetta from this sentence said:
I don't know who is that with the red palette swap
Bayonetta's reveal said:
One of the palette swaps is inspired to Jeanne *shows Jeanne as a trophy*
Otherwise known as the Shulk Syndrome.
Since I'm at it.
I know I have no duty here, but I belong here, so that is why I post here daily. It's like home to me, are you implying I'm not essential and that I don't matter here? I love this place as much as I love Rosalina. I don't want to be labelled as an "Very In-active" person. I don't want to pretend like I'm someone that everyone should care about, I just want to get to know people better. On the topic of no duty, I said I know have none, but I was wrong, and so are you. Everyone has a duty here, and that is to keep this thread going. I want to contribute as much as everyone does, to share my interests. Now I don't really know if YOU either care or not if I should post daily. Considering this is the very first thread I posted on here, and so far the only. I was told to make myself welcome here when I first came. Also, when I first arrived, sonicbrawler182 said:

Meaning I benefit from posting here more often, and no one can stop me! Except my parents... And other elders... The point is, I want to stay here and be very active, so I get to choose whether to not or post here, and I choose to belong here and feel happy and free.
I strictly meant "duty" as "undiscusseable obligation", in other words I meant that you don't have to post there daily if you don't feel like it, of course it's up to you to decide the importance of it, but from my part at least, you are not going to have any resistance on your decisions to not write one day, and of course you're not going to have them about doing it another day instead.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm gonna leave this here. It's a pic I took the day Corrin came out just for the hell of it...just in time for the worst day of the year that is Valentine's Day...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm gonna leave this here. It's a pic I took the day Corrin came out just for the hell of it...just in time for the worst day of the year that is Valentine's Day...

Something about the luvy duvy nature associated with the holiday that makes it just, bleh. I just like when there's a sale on the candy and that's about it.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Depends on the kind of person you are. I love valentines day for example.

It kinda matters , mostly if you have a special one to celebrate , for common people that are single it kinda doesn't appeal.

C3CC

Smash Lord
If you guys feel like reliving old times, go to page 10 of this thread to see everyone's reaction when Rosalina was revealed back in December 2013! It was awesome :D

Also, can we talk about how creepy (and cool) it is that the original post pretty much predicted her moveset? :|

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
I realistically can see top players (like FOW) picking Corrin just to deal with Rosalina. Seriously, he seems tought to challenge.
And against Bayonetta we are quite good because of Luma, but if the Bayonetta player manages to kill Luma we are in a bad disadvange, I think it's the match up where Luma is more important than ever.
Can you explain why, in regards to Corrin? I can't honestly see people picking up Corrin for Rosa when they can just use Meta Knight and have a much easier time.

Also, if FOW was planning on picking up a character for Rosalina, wouldn't he have done it sooner? I heard he sometimes utilizes Falco in that MU... Has he shown any specific interest towards Corrin? Or were you just saying this as an example?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Can you explain why, in regards to Corrin? I can't honestly see people picking up Corrin for Rosa when they can just use Meta Knight and have a much easier time.

Also, if FOW was planning on picking up a character for Rosalina, wouldn't he have done it sooner? I heard he sometimes utilizes Falco in that MU... Has he shown any specific interest towards Corrin? Or were you just saying this as an example?
I guess one reason for why one would choose Corrin over Meta Knight is because Corrin's attack range is longer, while Meta Knight needs to get in closer.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827

I was just saying that as the metagame evolve it's a possibility, but we don't know yet, that Corrin could become a CP for Rosalina, he has all he needs to do this job and he's quite easy to play compared to other character. Regarding the part about top players, especially Ness players, Corrin could become a pocket character, I know FOW has Falco but he's not efficient against a good Rosa.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was just saying that as the metagame evolve it's a possibility, but we don't know yet, that Corrin could become a CP for Rosalina, he has all he needs to do this job and he's quite easy to play compared to other character. Regarding the part about top players, especially Ness players, Corrin could become a pocket character, I know FOW has Falco but he's not efficient against a good Rosa.
I..don't know why, my brother ispretty good on using Corrin, but whenever I use Mario. He actually had a huge problem trying to fight against me for the most of the time. I remember I even two stocked my brother. Last match he use his fully charged standard special right at my Mario and then I just caped his projectile, and then I quickly use F Smash while he was stunned. That was pretty hilarious, it was a clever move since he shoot it in a short distance, glad I can caped that like in a second.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, in my experience, range only really seems to be a problem if it can be spaced incredibly easily with low risk and high reward (see: Cloud's nair). Otherwise, it's not too effective (which is why MUs like Marth & Shulk have been in our favor, at least in the past.) Looking at Corrin's frame data, 8.5 base damage fair along with 14 frames of landing lag is pretty good, although I don't think the range is as strong as something like Cloud's nair, and it only hits in front of him, meaning it's punishable if whiffed / mispaced.

Even if Corrin does end up having great frame data, I still can't see people using Corrin as a CP over MK unless they either A. Have some special attachment to Corrin or B. Feel more comfortable / generally prefer playing Corrin as opposed to MK. Corrin's recovery is easier to gimp, and MK has a much easier time killing Rosalina (either through Up B or edgeguarding). Really, there are around 6 or so characters that act as potential "counterpicks" to Rosalina, which one of those a Ness player would choose really just comes down to personal preference

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hey, could anyone please tell me the name of this music? I've been wondering about it for a while, and it takes place where Rosalina departed the Gateway Galaxy to soar beyond the stars.

Here is an artwork of Rosalina determined with poise and elegance.
You could find inside of this (--> Container <--)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom