• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And that's what I dislike because whoever lived with Lumas for some time would be as powerful as her.
There's probably a lot more to it though. It's always possible that the Grand Stars helped Rosalina gain her powers, considering that the Grand Star IS her emblem in the Mario spin-offs.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Wow, looks like Corrin and Bayonetta will get released sooner than I expected. Time to mark the calendar on February 3rd. It'll sure be strange having nothing new Smash related come out officially for the next five or so years. But until then...

:4bayonetta:"The Nintendo crew better learn not to **** with a-- er... I mean, mess with a witch."

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Mini Rosalina seems like a great addition, yet her development isn't over yet. There's more to unveil about Rosalina. I like how Nintendo makes Mini Rosalina's lip like Peach's rather than an apricot hue to it. We all know that this is not the real Rosalina. There is only one thing I'm upset about, it's that they left out one character who was made way before Rosalina, can you guess who? And one question I must ask, which product would sell faster? Mini Rosalina or Mini Pauline?

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
There's probably a lot more to it though. It's always possible that the Grand Stars helped Rosalina gain her powers, considering that the Grand Star IS her emblem in the Mario spin-offs.
I still don't like that version, sorry.

Mini Rosalina is adorable but now I wonder... What is the utility of the shield she has in a picture? Because in doesn't appear in the video at all, and on the picture there was no enemy...'

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm finally back from the winter training... a day before Chiese New Year begins
Oh, and have you always think Rosalina as a calm and reserved person? Have you ever seen her mad? Well check this comic out and see for yourself:

I had share this comic like ages ago lol, it's a great comic. It's already 6 years old though.
Where it's from.
https://store.line.me/stickershop/product/5835/en

Moderator Edit: Removed duplicate image.
&%%&$^%^&%^%*^&*%^%###!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to buy this! LINE is wide used.
Update:
Got it.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I need another Rosalina drawing to get that one drawing out of my head. Fortunately, I found one...

Oh yeah, it is so cute!
Recently I counted all the pic of Rosalina I can catch from there and there on the Internet (I download every pic I like), and I realized I have more than 2000

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I like the fact that this is basically Rosalina's trademark pose :

She uses it in Mario Party 10

And in the Puzzle and Dragons game

The Mario Kart Wii render (first image), is also the one that has been used the most for Rosalina's appearences.

Aside from that , The ability Rosalina has in the new Mario vs DK game reflects her jumping abilities in Super Mario 3D World.
The mini Robot is cute , even if the filter of the voice gets on my nerves.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1mfcdohGc0p

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
That looked more like a slime to me.
And that's what I dislike because whoever lived with Lumas for some time would be as powerful as her.
Might not be the case, Mario himself did that and he possesses no particular ability at all, barring unparalleled parkour skills and the ability to withstand several meters' fall with barely kneeing, along with pyrokinesis from time to time. Either every planet has a several billion-meters-radius atmosphere, or this just doesn't matter in Mario Universe.
So here it is the gamplay of Rosalina for the Mario vs DK game.
As expected , The Mini Rosalina Toy has cool ability , making super jumps .
Sadly , she sounds horrible and makes my ears bleed with the annoying filter they gave to these toys. Not the best Rosalina moment that's for sure.

Guess I don't have to point out how much that voice is completely out of place compared to the OST playing, especially during the level select

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I liked that quite a bit, as well, I just didn't like how Rosalina's voice clashed with it(and the rest of the game's audio, for that matter).
^That looked more like a wing to me, in fact.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
All the toys have that annoying filter and the Alvin and chipmunks voice pitch.

Seriously , whoever thought that sounded ''cute'' should be fired from Nintendo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I thought I was the only one having problems accessing this damn site.

On a much brighter, unrelated note, I took the liberty to order a PS4 online at Best Buy. I'm expecting it to be delivered in my front porch later in the day.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

On a much brighter, unrelated note, I took the liberty to order a PS4 online at Best Buy. I'm expecting it to be delivered in my front porch later in the day.
Noice. What games are you getting for it?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE AS IT CONTAINS VERGIL! WOULDN'T IT BE SO CRAZY TO HAVE HIM IN SMASH?!
Well, we have 2 Capcom reps and a Platinum Games, studio of former Capcom employees rep who uses guns firing magical bullets, so... Maybe? I'd love to see anyone from DMC in Smash. Also, Bionic Commando and Strider Hiryu. From the Nintendo side of things, all I want is Impa based on her Hyrule Warriors appearance and Wolf 'cause Wolf.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

May I recommend Disney Infinity? You can get amiibo-like figures!

C3CC

Smash Lord
Why does Mini Rosalina have her left eye covered by her hair bang instead of the right one?

Anyway... Hello fellow Rosalina mains! I came because I need your help.

You see, I have an upcoming tournament on February 20 and I'm planning on using Rosalina, as I feel my game with her has become pretty solid. I have mastered the Dash-Grab technique and I'm doing pretty well with Lunar Landing so far.

However, there are two characters I really have trouble with. Freaking Mario and Fox.

I absolutely HATE how Mario uses Rosalina in his Back Throw to instantly knock Luma out of the stage. It's so unfair that Rosalina becomes a huge hitbox and that it hits so hard. I just decided to separate Rosalina from Luma completely when fighting Mario to avoid this situation, but that's not all that causes me trouble about Mario. His Down Aerial has pretty much inexistent landing lag and he can instantly connect it with Down Smash or Dash Attack, further killing Luma AGAIN. Any tips to fight Mario?

With Fox, I have the same problem. I hate how easily the thing can connect attacks because of how ridiculously low their ending lag is (with some exceptions, of course). Down Aerial + Down Smash is a combo I seldom manage to avoid because of how ridiculously fast it is. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Noice. What games are you getting for it?
I'm not gonna get a whole lot for it. I plan to get Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain, Street Fighter V, Batman: Arkham Knight and the Final Fantasy VII remake.
May I recommend Disney Infinity? You can get amiibo-like figures!
Eh, it's not on my short list of games I'm getting. I'll pass.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't care all that much for Disney Infinity myself. It's basically like Skylanders, where you need to collect certain figurines to play. Most Wii U and 3DS games don't require you to use your amiibo at all.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina as a child, she certainly seems like the type to go on a journey. This artwork is well, I can say her dress is very unique with the background. There's a certain feeling to this picture, as if a child seems more happy than an adult. The joyous Rosalina:
Where it can be found: http://www.deviantart.com/art/May-the-stars-shine-down-on-you-588130615

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I absolutely HATE how Mario uses Rosalina in his Back Throw to instantly knock Luma out of the stage. It's so unfair that Rosalina becomes a huge hitbox and that it hits so hard. I just decided to separate Rosalina from Luma completely when fighting Mario to avoid this situation, but that's not all that causes me trouble about Mario. His Down Aerial has pretty much inexistent landing lag and he can instantly connect it with Down Smash or Dash Attack, further killing Luma AGAIN. Any tips to fight Mario?
Well, Mario is swinging around a person and they would be basically a living hammer throw. Also, with all that momentum, it would make sense for him to be able to throw that hard. Pretty sure Dr. Mario - Gee, I wonder why? -, Luigi, and Wario can do this too with their B-throws.

As for Mario Tornado, his Dair, it has landing lag, 19, but it also has a landing hit that comes out on frame 1 and lasts until frame 3, 3 active frames. So, if we go with recovery frames, the frames a move has no hitbox, it would have 16 recovery frames which for landing lag is pretty average. The other thing is the auto-cancel window, before 5 and after 33 which for Mario means he can auto-cancel it from a hop; Mario's air time from a hop is 40 frames.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
May be speaking a bit too soon, but it appears Rosalina has been unchanged

I honestly cannot believe we were able to survive so many patches lol, we livin.

EDIT: Ok looks like we're slightly lighter, and supposedly there's rumors the Luma can't be effected by Rapid Jabs or something ?_? (Dabuz was talking about it on Twitter).

Last edited:

Funbot28

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlwaysDOMINATE
Ya only her weight seemed to change, and with my testing, Luma is still affected by RJ.
A side not that the Bayonetta matchup may be really hard, as the ground Burning Kick is so fast and can easily KO Luma. Even Bullet Arts is hard to GP since it comes out really fast as well. I'm a bit scared...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does anyone else think that the weight nerf on Rosalina was unnecessary? I can understand nerfing Sheik and Zero Suit Samus in the weight department, but not Rosalina.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Rosalina could be as light as Jigglypuff but it doesn't really matter when you have Luma. Seriously, 1 point of weight? They noticed two days ago that Sheik/ZSS/Rosa were in S-Tier and just give them this "nerf" to say "Hey we noticed". Or maybe it's a warning for the next patch :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom