• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
''Weeeeeee''' and Peachy sounds weren't part of her ''vocabulary'' either , but hey things change , especially if you are Rosalina who keeps changing with every appearence.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
^M&SG^ Oh, so what you're saying is Rosalina never gets mad? To be honest with you all, she makes a mad face when she's about to fight someone or battle someone in MP10 and while she fights someone in Smash but then I can't tell if her expression is mad..
Perhaps she would then look like this:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Eh... that's not funny at all.

Anyway , IIRC Rosalina never has an Angry expression in-game. The most she had was a dissapointed one in MP10 and she is really pissed off when she places 3rd in a minigame.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Eh... that's not funny at all.

Anyway , IIRC Rosalina never has an Angry expression in-game. The most she had was a dissapointed one in MP10 and she is really pissed off when she places 3rd in a minigame.
Oh yeah? Well it's meant for people who have humor, no offense and I'm terribly sorry. You contradicted yourself in your statement there. I just don't like how people keeps saying Rosalina should and always will be calm and controlled, she will be angry at some point, especially in Chapter 2 of Rosalina's Storybook. How can you live a life or centuries without being mad? It's like saying Mario can't cry. Like what TriTails said,
A lot more control over her temper doesn't mean she doesn't have one.
If we were to make her void of emotions, then we should question her status as a character, because it's clear she was a human and not a robot.
Just accept the fact Rosalina has to be mad at least at certain events...

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Mmmh, I've never really seen Rosalina being angry honestly. She's more kind of pissed than mad about something when happens and that's really different. People, including me, get annoyed everyday easily but angry? That should be a terrible event.

Luma on the other hand...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina would actually look a whole lot cooler if she had a mad expression on her face like in Smash, although I really can't tell for sure but I do know she looks serious.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i didn't contradict myself.

Anyway Here she is bothered but not angry , she has yet to be really angry in-game.

She is like ''whatever'' but is clearly bothering her because she didn't win but also almost placed the lastest.

I think in Mario Kart Wii , she has more serious expressions too , like that one but never angry.

As it has been stated above , Luma is certainly angry at times , which i think it's cool.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Anyway Here she is bothered but not angry , she has yet to be really angry in-game.

She is like ''whatever'' but is clearly bothering her because she didn't win but also almost placed the lastest.

I think in Mario Kart Wii , she has more serious expressions too , like that one but never angry.

As it has been stated above , Luma is certainly angry at times , which i think it's cool.
Yeah I've never seen her angrier. I like that pose though, it's obvious she doesn't like being third...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Rosalina: Oh well, maybe next time.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Yes, you did contradict yourself. You said forthright "Rosalina never has an Angry expression in-game" and "She is really pissed off". These two statement opposes each other, as if you can't either agree or disagree.

What I'm trying to articulate to you simply so that you can understand is that, Rosalina will be angry in some of the future games, not all but some.

Mmmh, I've never really seen Rosalina being angry honestly. She's more kind of pissed than mad about something when happens and that's really different. People, including me, get annoyed everyday easily but angry? That should be a terrible event.

Luma on the other hand...
Really, the term "Pissed", "Angry" and "Mad" are all the same! You might as well say disturbed, because Rosalina has and will meet these emotions. That Luma's face makes me cringe tho...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Pissed off is not being angry though.

Angry is like Daisy being she is losing in Mario Strikers Charged.

Rosalina's is clearly bothered in that moment she places 3rd , yet she is not angry like she is gonna kick someone.

That and the fact Rosalina never frowns as far as i know.
There's a difference .

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Sure... And being sad means you're weak and fragile... I literally looked up the definition of pissed, and it proved my point. If you see/portray Rosalina as a person that's never been angry, go ahead, it's a free country! For me, I see Rosalina can be aggressive at times. Most of the time she is passive and assertive, but aggression is a rare side we see in Rosalina, not that many often. If you like to continue this Rosalina being not mad arguement, you may, but I'm just gonna move on.

Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle Before I go, I wanna let you know that you've been pranked.
*The wind swirls faster and faster as I disappear.* Ciao...

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , i guess there was a misunderstanding in here.

Maybe it was my poor choice of words , but in the end Rosalina never goes really upset , not even in Smash , not like Luma does.

Yeah , i know there's the pranked tag in my name , i leave it because i like the color .

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
IMHO

Aggressiveness is very different from anger.
Yesterday I played a game of futsal: I played aggressive but I wasn't angry. I would be angry, just say, if I discovered my girlfriend with another guy and want to punch both of them. But I was so pissed because every freaking save I made ended up with some weird rebound ultimately negating all my hard work.

That's an every day example. And I know my example above of "aggressiveness" isn't the same of violent (I just tried to apply everything to an example) but if you think Rosalina could be aggressive I remind you that she's a lovely and caring mother, that would quite clash with all entire figure. And, c'mon it's MARIO. No one is really violent.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Maybe she doesn't experience pure rage, but moreso annoyance.

I also think the concept of a spiteful or "less expressive but still angry" Rosalina would be cool.

also what is this ratchet feuding, it ain't cute at all... >.>

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i think it's time we throw out of the Window Rosalina's former character.

When i see Rosalina once again reading a book to the lumas or being Nice to them , or even talking to a Polari lookalike then i would recognize her again as a ''Motherly'' character.

I cannot ask for Rosalina to ''stay'' in charactet anymore since it's a constant flip flop .

So going by that , i guess it would ok to expect Rosalina be ''angry'' in a compettitive game , not really agressive , but more focused and let herself vent the anger if she loses.

Peach also isn't the type to get upset like Daisy , but she surely does in Mario Strikers and SPP thanks to the vibes plot.

So if anybody can do it , Rosalina will most likely do since right now , She ends up doing what everybody else does.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I took the liberty to buy Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam online at Best Buy. I probably won't be playing it very much (especially since I haven't finished Dream Team to this day) but it will keep me busy and see how far I can get between now and the day Fire Emblem Fates comes out, which I'm most excited about.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I took the liberty to buy Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam online at Best Buy. I probably won't be playing it very much (especially since I haven't finished Dream Team to this day) but it will keep me busy and see how far I can get between now and the day Fire Emblem Fates comes out, which I'm most excited about.
You'll be lucky if you have a Peach amiibo and when you use it, you can get a Peach+Daisy+Rosalina card. Rosalina made cameo in that one, which I am sure you'd like.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You'll be lucky if you have a Peach amiibo and when you use it, you can get a Peach+Daisy+Rosalina card. Rosalina made cameo in that one, which I am sure you'd like.
I would if I had a Peach amiibo, which I'm not going to waste my hard working money on that piece of ****.

Wish I could get just Rosalina instead.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
To this day i still don't get why amiibos exists.

Worthless pieces of plastic that basically only weeabos and scalpers collect.

I hope NX Won't have that stupid gimmick , it's really cringy since then people would cry and moan because scalpers won't let them get certain amiibo that are labeled as rare such as Rosalina , and i think even Lucina and etc.

It's just... ugh. Not worth the money and hard to get , that's very annoying.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
To this day i still don't get why amiibos exists.

Worthless pieces of plastic that basically only weeabos and scalpers collect.

I hope NX Won't have that stupid gimmick , it's really cringy since then people would cry and moan because scalpers won't let them get certain amiibo that are labeled as rare such as Rosalina , and i think even Lucina and etc.

It's just... ugh. Not worth the money and hard to get , that's very annoying.
I am neither a weeaboo nor a scalper, yet I have a small collection of amiibo of my favorite Nintendo characters:

I bought them over the span of a year, and I got them so I could have some nice little decorations for my room, to have strong opponents to fight and to have something fun to do when I have friends over. I don't see them as useless at all =)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have no idea what in hell's name is a "weeaboo" but I do know I ain't a damn scalper so don't come down here and straight up accuse me of being one. This is what I have as of right now.

That's not even all of my collection. I do have Marth, who is still in the box but do plan to open him up soon. All I need right now are Roy (whom I already have preordered), Cloud and Corrin and my amiibo collection will officially be complete.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Isn't that more character development ? Anything that pulls Rosalina as more likeable or relatable , yet not being all girly , is welcomed imo.

Anyway , i still find it weird that the set doesn't include characters like Wario .

Also they when all japanese in this one , Peach slapping Bowser screams ''Kyaaaa''.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Still, I can't believe Nintendo actually endorsed that artwork, because it really wounds what I think of Rosalina.

It's bad enough that Rosalina's wardrobe choices are becoming more revealing, but making her look arrogant is just going too far.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , those are reaction images for chats , so it's expected they reflect emotions from different choices and to be fair i think that Rosalina can pull out that kind of expression better in this case since her appearence makes up for it , her eyes are very cat like and her serious expression in her mouth blend to make it.

If i imagine Peach or Daisy doing the same it would be kinda odd , but For Rosalina's face expression it actually looks good.

And how are Rosalina's outfits more revealing anyway?

Since Day 1 her dress is the most revealing one so i don't see anything ''new'' and if we compare her latter outfits are a bit more covered than Peach's , the Tennis dress has long stockings so she covers all her bottom area ; Her Swimsuit covers all the upper area only revealing her legs , even her ams are covered.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Then I guess my faith for Rosalina has flushed away. Why did it have to come to this?
Pray our Lord and Savior Rosalina, you'll find another way to love her.
Nah, this sounds strange. Well, I don't know, just accept it I think or admit you cannot like her anymore. I mean, I've been sad of her losing the echo, you know...
Oh and in the website, she's doing her side taunt of Smash with sparkly sparkles. It's so cool.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pray our Lord and Savior Rosalina, you'll find another way to love her.
Nah, this sounds strange. Well, I don't know, just accept it I think or admit you cannot like her anymore. I mean, I've been sad of her losing the echo, you know...
Oh and in the website, she's doing her side taunt of Smash with sparkly sparkles. It's so cool.
Truthfully, the way that Rosalina is being treated now has really started to hurt how I feel about her. As much as I like Rosalina, I just can't bare to see her look way out of character.

I want to remember Rosalina as the nice, caring, and good-tempered individual that she's supposed to be. In a way, I'm starting to see how Tino Tino feels about these personality changes.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There's some changes to Rosalina's portrayal that are significant , moreover , they take away the characters original nature.

That's the direction Nintendo picked for her in order to keep appearing in future titles , which is very questionable considering that fans clearly liked Rosalina A lot better in the first games she appeared.

I wonder why they decided to do so ; I wonder if Nintendo ever thought Rosalina didn't fit in with her former portrayal...

They clearly decided something along those lines the first time they replaced her Voice actress by will , instead of keeping her when she is still available.

Since then changes, for the character were constant , until now where i truly don't know how is Rosalina going to behave in the next game and so on ... it's very unclear and random.

In the case of common emotions in Mario such as being overly excited , i think those go against Rosalina's character, especially when she is barely serious anymore.

But when there's something else like sadness or her sassy side that can show , it's alright in my opinion.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I think that it was good that Rosalina began to smile, as that would at least let people know that she's a nice individual to be around. Frowning all the time just feels like a cold and heartless kind of expression, which doesn't feel very comfy to be around.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina never frowns thought.

She just looked very distant since she never smiled either.

Then again , i'm starting to think Nintendo wanted to approach Rosalina's warm nature considering that back in galaxy she seemed and sounded very very cold , and she is said to be a motherly.

So to approach the actually warm nature of Rosalina they changed her voice , and make her smile more which was fine. But now it's just plain annoying , especially when there are no Lumas around and the ''motherly'' side doesn't show and i don't feel it either with the constant 'Weeee'' ''wahooooo'' ''yaaayy'' and such , it's just ... another Mario character.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina was just making a wistful face. We've gone this far now everyone, and yet you wish Rosalina would rehabilitate back to her motherly side? What's next, Nintendo making a Rosalina dumb expression, would you all hate her? Rosalina is rubbing off from others being invited to new games and greeting new friends, she's not only with her Lumas by her self anymore. In fact, one of the stickers has Peach slapping Bowser, you wouldn't call her Daisy-ish do you? Or even Bowser doing push-ups against his will! I love that sticker, it adds more to Rosalina. She's not angry, sad, or sassy but she looks as if she's eyeing someone or thinking. Nothing will stay the same in the future, a piece of the past is gone, unless they bring back throwbacks. Rosalina experiences new emotions, she is being who she really is. My reaction to what Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy said:
Then I guess my faith for Rosalina has flushed away.

Just to remind you all, Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games for the 3DS releases on this date:

Last edited:

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing around with Rosalina some. I've seen this combo which is jab > jab 2 > star bits towards Rosalina > d-tilt.

I face problems setting it up, however, since the gap between Luma and Rosalina is rather small, it feels dangerous to wait for enemies to get inbetween the gap somehow.

Is it more or less just wait until they roll into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom