• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Who said Dabuz was far off from taking ZeRo? Dabuz played amazing but unfortunately he doesn't quite reach him. Next time, we'll see and unless ZeRo will be really prepared we could potentially see the upset we all want :rosalina:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Who said Dabuz was far off from taking ZeRo? Dabuz played amazing but unfortunately he doesn't quite reach him. Next time, we'll see and unless ZeRo will be really prepared we could potentially see the upset we all want :rosalina:
He did have the chance, just sad that Dabuz messed up on the most critical set, hope he can do better next time. He really went all out on Zero's match I can tell.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never really said he was far off but he's at least moderately off. Like I said, he has a ways to go.

ZeRo and Nairo are in a whole other league compared to Dabuz, is how I see it.

That's not a slag or a shot being fired. I admittedly don't know too much about Nairo, but ZeRo just has a much higher fundamental mastery of Smash than Dabuz does. Dabuz is more known for being quite good with Rosalina and Olimar specifically (and a bit of Mario lately IIRC). ZeRo, by contrast, plays a ton of characters well, and has switched mains too a few times. He also does analysis videos for the community quite regularly, from characters to techniques to collabs with other players/channels, as well as patch notes. Practically everything ZeRo does ties back to his dedication to Smash in some way.

I just can't say Dabuz is in the same league as ZeRo in good faith given all of these facts. Even if Dabuz had won this tournament. Beating someone once doesn't mean you'll never lose to them again.

I apologise if I sound like a buzzkill but I'm trying to be realistic.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I just can't say Dabuz is in the same league as ZeRo in good faith given all of these facts. Even if Dabuz had won this tournament. Beating someone once doesn't mean you'll never lose to them again.

I apologise if I sound like a buzzkill but I'm trying to be realistic.
It's fine. In fact "just because you shot Jesse James, don't make you Jesse James" (I hope everyone catches this quote lol). Dabuz is obviously under ZeRo and Nairo but this demostrates that he's working hard and has what it takes two reach those two.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^Guess you are quoting Breaking Bad.
And while Dabuz makes analysis much less frequently than ZeRo, he possesses a much better theorical knowledge of the game than him, at least to me he seems one of the few top players that has his theory on point as well, he never said that Cloud's FSmash wasn't slow or that Wario's Side B is one of the four "air grabs" in the game, at least for what I know

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
I don't really know where to put this, so I guess this is the best place to post this. I need a secondary for Roselina. I know this has been probably said before, but after a couple of hours of research on all the character discussion threads and old posts of usable secondaries, the only thing I managed to do is make a list of Roselina's threats and that pre-patch Luigi was a good secondary. I also found that Sonic is a good secondary too. The rest of the results are outdated.
The threats I found, all pretty much rushdown characters, are:
- Captain Falcon
- ZSS
- Pikachu
- Meta Knight
- Shiek
- Tell me if there are any other characters

I know I should practice the matchup with Rosalina, and I do, but I want a character to feel better when facing them so they can't just download me and force them to change playstyle. The problem though is that most of Roselina's bad matchup are the top 3 characters in the game. So is there any character that 50/50s them or more while still beating the other threats? Or is Sonic the best option? I can use don't mind what character it is.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Hi ExplosiveChaos. I don't know if this is the best place to post this but I will answer your question anyway. I think that Sonic, as you brought up, is a good secondary: it goes even to almost all the match-ups you have listed and if you like playing him it's a plus. Others that come to mind could be the obvious Sheik or ZSS and maybe Diddy. However, remember that secondaries for Rosalina are not a priority, she can fight all her match-ups well enough (I think the worst is ZSS and it's more or less a 60:40).
Just for curiosity, what are your problems against Captain Falcon? I've never really had match trouble with him.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
Hi ExplosiveChaos. I don't know if this is the best place to post this but I will answer your question anyway. I think that Sonic, as you brought up, is a good secondary: it goes even to almost all the match-ups you have listed and if you like playing him it's a plus. Others that come to mind could be the obvious Sheik or ZSS and maybe Diddy. However, remember that secondaries for Rosalina are not a priority, she can fight all her match-ups well enough (I think the worst is ZSS and it's more or less a 60:40).
Just for curiosity, what are your problems against Captain Falcon? I've never really had match trouble with him.
Thank you a lot! It is less the execution of Captain Falcon that is dangerous but the theory of the matchup for me. He is a zone breaker all the way, and even if it doesn't give me trouble per say, it is more that he is a zone breaker and can theoretically beat Rosa. Tell me if I am wrong though, and like I said, I still practice all these matchup anyway.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
May this thread of Stars and Cosmic proportion rest in peace... http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-artwork-thread.376396/page-7 Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Why close this Thread just because of "Body Talk"? I get that this is a kids forum but don't you think it's unnessessary to close this forever? It's even barely 7 pages and I was just interested in all these artworks but it's gone (It's still there but I meant the continuation), like my last shooting star I'll ever see!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
May this thread of Stars and Cosmic proportion rest in peace... http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-artwork-thread.376396/page-7 Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy Why close this Thread just because of "Body Talk"? I get that this is a kids forum but don't you think it's unnessessary to close this forever? It's even barely 7 pages and I was just interested in all these artworks but it's gone (It's still there but I meant the continuation), like my last shooting star I'll ever see!
What's done is done. If you want to look for any new Rosalina artworks, you'll just have to go to Deviantart or Google them.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I mean in some ways Zero is on another level just because of his record of winning almost everything haha! But one thing I really liked was even after losing set one, Dabuz still kept it super close. I mean look at ESAM SSC Winners Finals vs Grand Finals. It's insane to see that kind of adaptation from Zero so quickly... he's even able to do it mid match as well (Umeki vs Zero at Genesis was a good set showing this!) But unlike ESAM, Dabuz made adaptations of his own to end stocks himself. I'm not trying to overhype Dabuz in any sense, but I, honestly, think Dabuz was super close to taking at least one set, and should he keep up this level of play, he can totally beat Zero (in a close set) the next time they play! Game 5 I think is the biggest hurdle, as by that time Zero has kinda downloaded you, at least to some extent, so I think trying to end it early will be Dabuz's best bet.

And yes, Rosalina's up smash is awesome! In comparison to some of Dabuz's other sets though, he seemed much more lenient with its use VS Sheik. Iirc he would condition as his main means of using it, or use it to punish unsafe / whiffed attacks. Like I remember in one of the games on FD he caught Zero's ledge drop jump with Up Smash? I'm too lazy to look but beforehand he wasn't really punishing it at all, probably waiting until kill percent to use it.

Last edited:

RosalinaWaifu

Smash Rookie
Alright sounds good. I'll mostly post stuff on mostly match ups for rosalina and other competitive stuff, but I'll make sure to read the rules. It's nice to see other rosalina mains :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thank you a lot! It is less the execution of Captain Falcon that is dangerous but the theory of the matchup for me. He is a zone breaker all the way, and even if it doesn't give me trouble per say, it is more that he is a zone breaker and can theoretically beat Rosa. Tell me if I am wrong though, and like I said, I still practice all these matchup anyway.
I need to get up for work but:

-Sheik is actually slightly in Rosalina's favour, as is ZSS.
-Captain Falcon is easy, there is no excuse for Rosalina to lose to him at a high level.
-Pikachu and Meta Knight just take practice and are even at worst.

That's just my brief weigh in before work.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
I need to get up for work but:

-Sheik is actually slightly in Rosalina's favour, as is ZSS.
-Captain Falcon is easy, there is no excuse for Rosalina to lose to him at a high level.
-Pikachu and Meta Knight just take practice and are even at worst.

That's just my brief weigh in before work.
Unless http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-match-up-analysis-r2-directory-thread.404194/ is wrong plus the ZSS matchup thread and the Sheik one, Rosalina has a slight disadvantage. And also, Captain Falcon is just a problem for me, I know he is even.
And lol Meta Knight and Pikachu "even", not at all Rosalina's worst matchups, and doesn't matter that Meta Knight can kill Luma at any time, we all know how op SoRo is!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Unless http://smashboards.com/threads/rosalina-match-up-analysis-r2-directory-thread.404194/ is wrong plus the ZSS matchup thread and the Sheik one, Rosalina has a slight disadvantage. And also, Captain Falcon is just a problem for me, I know he is even.
And lol Meta Knight "even", not at all Rosalina's worst matchup, and doesn't matter that he can kill Luma at any time, we all know how op SoRo is...
The match up threads here were never good as the players that participate have a limited playstyle and experience.

I'm starting to realise this even more now as people are actually surprised by certain ATs Dabuz pulled off at Genesis 3.

Like seriously grab release combos were discovered in the 3DS days. Luma Spin is super old too. They are fairly base line stuff for Rosalina at a competitive level and don't even scratch the surface of what she can do.

Rosalina isn't a character you can say has bad MUs against anyone because there are so many ways to play her. The problem is, people tend to only pick one, rather than master and utilise all at once.

Last edited:

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
The match up threads here were never good as the players that participate have a limited playstyle and experience.

I'm starting to realise this even more now as people are actually surprised by certain ATs Dabuz pulled off at Genesis 3.

Like seriously grab release combos were discovered in the 3DS days. Luma Spin is super old too. They are fairly base line stuff for Rosalina at a competitive level and don't even scratch the surface of what she can do.

Rosalina isn't a character you can say has bad MUs against anyone because there are so many ways to play her. The problem is, people tend to only pick one, rather than master and utilise all at once.
I get all that, I never said the matchups are not doable, but this doesn't change that all your statements, bar the Falcon one, are wrong. Genesis 3 is also an example of Debuz losing against Sheik, and Meta Knight can still destroy Luma no matter what you do. Also, it isn't like Rosalina can just effectively go rushdown or aggressive and win those matchups at high level. Roselina is, unfortunately when it comes to playstyle that are usable, no Sheik. She is much more creative and open because of Luma, but because all her power comes from Luma, it forces her to limit herself in other ways such as playstyle. Debuz didn't exactly go agro in his games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I get all that, I never said the matchups are not doable, but this doesn't change that all your statements, bar the Falcon one, are wrong. Genesis 3 is also an example of Debuz losing against Sheik, and Meta Knight can still destroy Luma no matter what you do. Also, it isn't like Rosalina can just effectively go rushdown or aggressive and win those matchups at high level. Roselina is, unfortunately when it comes to playstyle that are usable, no Sheik. She is much more creative and open because of Luma, but because all her power comes from Luma, it forces her to limit herself in other ways such as playstyle. Debuz didn't exactly go agro in his games.

"You're wrong because I don't know how to play her other than defensive".

Lol that's what they all say.

Attitudes like that are why Rosalina never wins these big tournaments, not because of Sheik or Meta Knight or anyone else.

Even ZeRo thinks Rosalina has the advantage against Sheik and he's the best Sheik player there is.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
"You're wrong because I don't know how to play her other than defensive".

Lol that's what they all say.

Attitudes like that are why Rosalina never wins these big tournaments, not because of Sheik or Meta Knight or anyone else.

Even ZeRo thinks Rosalina has the advantage against Sheik and he's the best Sheik player there is.
Did I say I played her defensively? You quoted something I didn't say. I said that you can't just mindlessly go rushdown on the opponent. There is a big difference between me saying that you should not go super agressive mindlessly like some characters and saying that all I play is defensive. I am actually quite offensive, but I make sure to be aggressive while being a little safer than other aggressive characters.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did I say I played her defensively? You quoted something I didn't say. I said that you can't just mindlessly go rushdown on the opponent. There is a big difference between me saying that you should not go super agressive mindlessly like some characters and saying that all I play is defensive. I am actually quite offensive, but I make sure to be aggressive while being a little safer than other aggressive characters.
There is no mindlessness in competitive play though, so that statement doesn't make sense.

Rosalina can be really aggressive when you know how to use her right, just as much as any rushdown Sheik or Falcon. There are many aggressive actions she has that other characters don't, such as her ability to get an attack out of auto cancelled aerials (which in turn enables her to use A-Landing as an attack), her ability to get Luma to enhance her pummels using Luma Spin, etc.

She also just has great priority and range with or without Luma, and can always have hitboxes out.

It's just a matter of understanding HOW to overpower other characters.

Last edited:

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
There is no mindlessness in competitive play though, so that statement doesn't make sense.

Rosalina can be really aggressive when you know how to use her right, just as much as any rushdown Sheik or Falcon. There are many aggressive actions she has that other characters don't, such as her ability to get an attack out of auto cancelled aerials (which in turn enables her to use A-Landing as an attack), her ability to get Luma to enhance her pummels using Luma Spin, etc.

She also just has great priority and range with or without Luma, and can always have hitboxes out.

It's just a matter of understanding HOW to overpower other characters.
Instead of cluttering this thread, lets just agree to disagree and PM if you want to continue this discussion. I actually won't mind a pm conversation on this because I am, even though it may look like I am not, enjoying a different view of Rosalina and am happy to discuss this with you ChikoLad ChikoLad because your view could help evolve my RosaLuma play.

Last edited:

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Do people really think aggressive Rosa isn't a thing? Like people haven't tried it before? Come on.......

I do agree you can't play pure defensive to win tournaments, and if you look at how Dabuz played at Genesis 3, he was definitely trying to put more pressure on his opponents. However, this still doesn't change the fact that Rosalina's main playstyle IS defensive, and it's how Dabuz and all other successful Rosalina mains play at a top level, and therefore it's what new players should attempt to emulate.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: It's important to understand WHY a more defensive playstyle has been so effective for most Rosalina mains so far before making statements like "Mentalities like this are why Rosalina will never win a tournament (angryface)" In addition, we need to understand HOW a more offensive playstyle similar to Captain Falcon could help us against characters like Meta Knight (which hint: it doesn't!) before we act as though an offensive style is going to solve all our problems.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's main playstyle shouldn't be defense. That's playing her wrong.

You're supposed to constantly change play styles according to the situation, and it isn't as limited or simple as "offensive" and "defensive". There's also the fact you can have Rosalina and Luma cover different ones.

I never said an offensive style fixes the Meta Knight match up (though it is helpful). But focusing so much on defense and defaulting to it is a mistake. Especially now that most people expect Rosalina mains to do so. Not because they think it's the best option, but only because the pattern has become obvious.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And lol Meta Knight and Pikachu "even", not at all Rosalina's worst matchups, and doesn't matter that Meta Knight can kill Luma at any time, we all know how op SoRo is!
We don't get much activity at the match-up threads, which can explain the questionable scores at spots. If more users participated, things could be different, but that's asking for a miracle, if anything.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
Rosalina's main playstyle shouldn't be defense. That's playing her wrong.

You're supposed to constantly change play styles according to the situation, and it isn't as limited or simple as "offensive" and "defensive". There's also the fact you can have Rosalina and Luma cover different ones.

I never said an offensive style fixes the Meta Knight match up (though it is helpful). But focusing so much on defense and defaulting to it is a mistake. Especially now that most people expect Rosalina mains to do so. Not because they think it's the best option, but only because the pattern has become obvious.
Yes, no one is disagreeing with you about Roselina having to play more than just defensive. I don't even play defensive that much! I agree with this point, all I said was she doesn't have as MANY useable play styles compared to Sheik. Of course you can go anything you want, and I or anyone else never said pressuring the enemy or going a little more offensive is bad, all we are saying is that Roselina has to be much more careful when she plays because of Luma

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes, no one is disagreeing with you about Roselina having to play more than just defensive. I don't even play defensive that much! I agree with this point, all I said was she doesn't have as MANY useable play styles compared to Sheik. Of course you can go anything you want, and I or anyone else never said pressuring the enemy or going a little more offensive is bad, all we are saying is that Roselina has to be much more careful when she plays because of Luma
She does cover more play styles than Sheik though (who is purely rushdown/camping and not much else. Maybe a bit of bait and punish - Sheik isn't good because of play style coverage, it's because of her frame data), that's my point.

Like seriously guys it isn't that hard to comprehend. It's two characters in one. Get creative with that.

I'm not discussing this any further if it's just gonna be the same stock responses/excuses every Rosalina player seems to give. If I had a dime for every time someone gives the responses I'm being given here, I wouldn't be working.

Last edited:

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
She does cover more play styles than Sheik though (who is purely rushdown/camping and not much else. Maybe a bit of bait and punish - Sheik isn't good because of play style coverage, it's because of her frame data), that's my point.

Like seriously guys it isn't that hard to comprehend. It's two characters in one. Get creative with that.

I'm not discussing this any further if it's just gonna be the same stock responses/excuses every Rosalina player seems to give. If I had a dime for every time someone gives the responses I'm being given here, I wouldn't be working.
That is why I said we should of dropped it yesterday. We won't change our answer, you also won't change your answer (that is solely based on your opinion alone) and it created just a wall of text that says the same thing over and over again. Just drop it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That is why I said we should of dropped it yesterday. We won't change our answer, you also won't change your answer (that is solely based on your opinion alone) and it created just a wall of text that says the same thing over and over again. Just drop it.
It isn't solely based on my opinion, it's based on the very core of what this fighter actually is, as well as the proven techniques she has.

Again, I can with absolute certainty see that Rosalina mains are lacking in experimenting with their character when they are citing year old techniques as "new", when they see Dabuz use them.

And this is a trend that started with Dabuz enforcing a defensive style, rather than experimenting with other styles from the start.

ExplosiveChaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExplosiveChaos
It isn't solely based on my opinion, it's based on the very core of what this fighter actually is, as well as the proven techniques she has.

Again, I can with absolute certainty see that Rosalina mains are lacking in experimenting with their character when they are citing year old techniques as "new", when they see Dabuz use them.

And this is a trend that started with Dabuz enforcing a defensive style, rather than experimenting with other styles from the start.
Sigh, I guess your wish Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle of 400 pages will happen soon enough. Do you ever get a hint Sonic? This is the second time I offered a peace offering, and all you do is argue about it. When has this conversation had any AT that we said are new? And how does how Dabuz play have anything to do with this? You are literally twisting what I said and making things up just for the sake of arguing. Quote one, just one, post that I have said that Lunar Landings or any other AT are new. And my number of posts I have on a forum is not =/= to the experience I have with a character. Instead of making immediate judgments about how new I am to this game because of a post number in a forum, maybe take a second to think that I could have played this game for a while.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sigh, I guess your wish Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle of 400 pages will happen soon enough. Do you ever get a hint Sonic? This is the second time I offered a peace offering, and all you do is argue about it. When has this conversation had any AT that we said are new? And how does how Dabuz play have anything to do with this? You are literally twisting what I said and making things up just for the sake of arguing. Quote one, just one, post that I have said that Lunar Landings or any other AT are new. And my number of posts I have on a forum is not =/= to the experience I have with a character. Instead of making immediate judgments about how new I am to this game because of a post number in a forum, maybe take a second to think that I could have played this game for a while.
I wasn't talking about you in regards to the ATs, it's a general thing that's been going around with Rosalina mains.

I also said nothing about your post count. So no, I'm not making up things for the sake of arguing, you are.

And you don't make a jab at someone's points ("it's based on your opinion") and call that a "peace offering".

If you're done, then just say you're done and nothing else, without any jabs, or just don't post on the subject at all. Simple.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh look another long discussion with the motto of ''Im always right and nobody else can be right because only i can be''.

Guess who is involved , like every single time.

Still , almost 400 pages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh look another long discussion with the motto of ''Im always right and nobody else can be right because only i can be''.

Guess who is involved , like every single time.

Still , almost 400 pages.
It's not that I'm not always right.

It's that you guys can't accept the idea that someone might have a compelling counterpoint to something you say on a whim.

And thus, make butthurt comments like the one you just did.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's not that I'm not always right.

It's that you guys can't accept the idea that someone might have a compelling counterpoint to something you say on a whim.

And thus, make butthurt comments like the one you just did.
Are you sure about that?

I really makes me think otherwise when you reliase that you are basically the person that causes all these endless discussions that end in basically nothing at all.

You have even argued with Mario & Sonic Guy over the Rosalina pics or whatever it was , like what on earth are you even thinking?

''Guys can't accept the idea of someone having counterpoints?''

Lol , this is so funny when everytime someone counters your suppoused facts you always start to nickpick and end up with arrogance about how You are right and everybody else is wrong , like you did with Killo a few pages ago .

Let's go deeper.

Reminder , this is never the case , or Should i remind you how terrible you looked when the Rosalina voice debate happened?

''Oh it's obviously Laura , that's not Kerri Kane AT ALL''

LMAO go home and have your ears checked ; Such a ''fan'' of Rosalina can never get her voice right ...

Oh SonicBrawler , always trying to cover up and nitpick...

I won't say that you are always wrong in your points , but with you , every single reply is full of arrogance.

When anybody posts something they think, it's always you quoting said person to start some crap over and over.

I cannot say anything , without you trying to bite me every single time as a quick example.

You have even called me Psycho and now an ''Air head'' , and what did i call you?

lol the worst thing that i call you , is a fanboy because you are clearly biased , and then you go and insult me because that's how you are.

Totally likeable , right?

Don't worry , we all know the truth , who always starts the chain and waiting it to explode , it's always the same person , you.

So congrats for that.

As for me , i'm not into it anymore , i'm learning to stay back while laughting at you in the background considering that it's always some random stuf with you.

Go on reply if you want, but i don't care , at this point it's already enough and you saying that ''you guys can't accept the idea that someone might have a compelling counterpoint to something you say on a whim'' clearly proves my whole point , since you clearly believe you are then only capable of having reason.

Don't forget you basically called out everybody in this thread with that.

Peace /no replies from me after this.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ok before this thread devolves into fighting extravaganza, here's a thing that's better and you all like:
Nipicking over Rosalina's portrayal in games.

Here's the thing:
Bowser Jr gets shoved into his Clown Car every game he appears in, "because Smash does it"

But Rosalina is in Smash, having her Tiger Pillow of Uppercutting Fury Death Star with her as part of her character.
Yet the Luma is nowhere to be seen in spin-offs.

I think this should change for a few reasons:

1. It enriches her portrayal
Rosalina is heavily associated with the Lumas, and they're a great way to show people that she's galactic and to remind them of her origin (which is Galaxy, the only Mario game in existence)

With the worst portrayal, You can have her in something else than her galaxy dress, while being happy and actually move on from her Galaxy portrayal and develop with a voice that is actually exciting and femine and yet have her being saved from the deadly sin of resembling something trashy like a princess

Just because she has her best star buddy to remind plebs she's a godess or something.

In the best portrayal, she has telekinesis, a fitting dress and a perfect voice with the portrayal-saving echo and a floating star next to her to top it off.

2. Lumas are cute
While Palutena utters something that could be used as evidence that Rosalina is NOT A PRINCESS (cuz then she'd be like Petch and thatz no gud), Pittypattypoo compares Lumas to pillows.

And he's right.
Both pillows and Lumas are amazing, with Lumas being professional wrestlers as well.
Lumas deserve more than being side characters, just like Toad does, and the first step of that is to let them have cute victory animations with space mommy.

3. Both gain more characterisation
Rosalina can't get angry, sad (because of losing tennis instead of parents) or have any other kind of emotion, because that would imply character development, but Luma can take those over.

Just like fairies talk for Link in HW, Luma could portray hotheadedness, competitiveness and extreme happyness for Rosalina, while she does nothing (good thing too, if she'd do something, she'd have something in common with Peach)

Luma can also gain more appearances and have some characterisation in regards to how he and Rosa get along.
Imagine cute banters and animations to give her even more special treatment!

4. It's like that in Smash
Sakurai nailed it by copy-pasting her from Galaxy.
Now all we need is EAD to just follow that and to put the mom in space mom

/obviousspecialspaceponysarcasm, but the point still stands, why not have Luma accompany Rosalina while BowJow gets his Clown Car?
It fits way too much and Smash (by extension, miboo) did it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom