• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Actually, relation to royalty isn't the only definition of the word "regal". It is also a synonym for "magnificent" and "splendid", which by literal definition, mean "beautiful/elaborate/impressive/amazing", etc. This definition fits Rosalina perfectly (even if you disagree with her being beautiful and amazing as a person and look at those as subjective things, they are probably referring to her powers, since they go on to describe them).

Also, regal specifically is a word used to describe kings in the context of monarchy, it isn't used to describe female rulers, at least not normally.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regal
I think "regal" stands literally for "kingly" (you know, coming form Old French, coming from Latin regalis, from rex -> "king") before "magnificent" and "splendid".

Ambiguity. I've said ambiguity. I never said she was a princess. I never said she was not a princess. Nintendo's been trying to make both options the truth for soon 9 years now. Being compared to Palutena in Sm4sh by ads and in-game sentences, but then being called "princess" in websites, Prima guides, and Miyamoto before the release of the game. But, never ever associated with the word "princess". Daisy and Peach are always presented as "Princess Daisy" and "Princess Peach", not Rosalina.

Am - bi - gui - ty

(oh, and I never said she wasn't beautiful, impressive, amazing, or elaborate, I said I never found her "sexy")

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
> Doesn't like that Rosalina was called a princess in a Prima guide which in the end is legit text in paper; Loves the fact that Rosalina is randomly called a Goddess Only by her fanbase when she also isn't one oficially and NEVER called one , not even in a guide

> Says to be having facts when All the text is filled with head canons and personal views such as Rosalina being next to Palutena .

> Nitpicks about the word regal since Nintendo TOTALLY/s cares how they especifically describe Rosalina in a single website.

Legit.

I'll walk away , i don't want to get touched by bias.
-Prima Guides isn't a legit source, they have been known to even get level design facts wrong in their guides (you know...the main thing they are supposed to do). If they can't even handle that, why would you trust them with lore?

-They aren't headcanons or personal views. There was a marketing campaign in Japan where a bunch of character match up posters for Smash Bros were put up along a subway line. ALL of the match ups had a theme. For example, Mario VS Pac-Man VS Mega Man VS Sonic, which was obviously the "four company mascots" match up. Then you had Link VS Shulk where the theme is "they are both swordsmen chosen by gods". Then you had Rosalina VS Palutena, which is obviously "the two goddesses" theme. And once again, the Japanese Palutena's Guidance directly compares the two, and then you have the fact that her role in the games actually fits the definition.

-I'm not nitpicking the word regal, I am talking about it's literal definition, you don't get to tamper it just because it doesn't suit your argument. And yes, it is reasonable to think that the Nintendo sites try to have some consistency, even if they occasionally make mistakes.

I think "regal" stands literally for "kingly" (you know, coming form Old French, coming from Latin regalis, from rex -> "king") before "magnificent" and "splendid".

Ambiguity. I've said ambiguity. I never said she was a princess. I never said she was not a princess. Nintendo's been trying to make both options the truth for soon 9 years now. Being compared to Palutena in Sm4sh by ads and in-game sentences, but then being called "princess" in websites, Prima guides, and Miyamoto before the release of the game. But, never ever associated with the word "princess". Daisy and Peach are always presented as "Princess Daisy" and "Princess Peach", not Rosalina.

Am - bi - gui - ty

(oh, and I never said she wasn't beautiful, impressive, amazing, or elaborate, I said I never found her "sexy")
"I think"

There is no "I think" about this (trying to accuse me of only using headcanons or nitpicking, then you literally make up stuff about a word? Huh...). The word has multiple meanings, none of them "come first". It's just a single world with multiple applications. Only one of them makes any sense for Rosalina, so that's obviously the one they meant. There is nothing ambiguous about that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, relation to royalty isn't the only definition of the word "regal". It is also a synonym for "magnificent" and "splendid", which by literal definition, mean "beautiful/elaborate/impressive/amazing", etc. This definition fits Rosalina perfectly (even if you disagree with her being beautiful and amazing as a person and look at those as subjective things, they are probably referring to her powers, since they go on to describe them).

Also, regal specifically is a word used to describe kings in the context of monarchy, it isn't used to describe female rulers, at least not normally.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/regal

But those people also shouldn't argue about the character and present their first time assumptions as facts.

Also, calling Rosalina a goddess is accepted because while she isn't officially referred to as one, she is implied to be. Her role is equivalent to being the god of the universe in Mario (possibly something further beyond) by literal definition, and in promotional material for Smash Bros in Japan, she was matched up with Palutena. Also, the Japanese Palutena's guidance directly compares her to Palutena. By contrast, Rosalina does not fit the literal definition of a princess, has only ever been "officially" referred to as one in a non-canon version of herself and that instance was a localisation mistake, is specifically avoided being called a princess in so much PR, and the only thing that remotely could be tied to her being one is the crown (which itself can have other connotations, including being a goddess, as goddesses and holy figures wear crowns too).

I'm not nitpicking anything, I'm just presenting facts.

Main series Mario games aren't the only canon ones, there are a few other ones that are canon. But they aren't Daisy, Birdo, or Diddy's games.
I never said that only main Mario games were canon...you just put words in my mouth(plus, Luigi's Mansion isn't a main title game, but is also canon).

Birdo was in a main Mario game was she not? Daisy was in a main Mario game, was she not? Diddy Kong is apart of the Donkey Kong Country series, and DK is canon the Mario franchise(heck, without both Mario and Donkey/Cranky Kong, we'd have no gaming innovations in general), making Diddy canon(along with Dixie, Funky, Cranky, etc.)...so are you gonna say Donkey Kong and Wario(just because of Mario Land 2) aren't canon?

• A non-Mario example:Harley Quinn was created in Batman:TAS(the animated series)back in 92 to be Joker's sidekick/lacky. She was only intended for the show and wasn't to be as popular as she is today. Same goes to Hun from TMNT(only meant for the 2003 Show, but was put in the original TMNT Comics, the current TMNT Comics, and the current Nickelodeon TV Show)...will you say these characters aren't canon to anything?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never said that only main Mario games were canon...you just put words in my mouth(plus, Luigi's Mansion isn't a main title game, but is also canon).

Birdo was in a main Mario game was she not? Daisy was in a main Mario game, was she not? Diddy Kong is apart of the Donkey Kong Country series, and DK is canon the Mario franchise(heck, without both Mario and Donkey/Cranky Kong, we'd have no gaming innovations in general), making Diddy canon(along with Dixie, Funky, Cranky, etc.)...so are you gonna say Donkey Kong and Wario(just because of Mario Land 2) aren't canon?

• A non-Mario example:Harley Quinn was created in Batman:TAS(the animated series)back in 92 to be Joker's sidekick/lacky. She was only intended for the show and wasn't to be as popular as she is today. Same goes to Hun from TMNT(only meant for the 2003 Show, but was put in the original TMNT Comics, the current TMNT Comics, and the current Nickelodeon TV Show)...will you say these characters aren't canon to anything?
Birdo is in a main Mario game but that entire game is a dream Mario had. Meaning it never happened and is non-canon.

If you refer to Super Mario Maker as a main Mario game, it has no story so Daisy's appearance in it is non-canon (and it's technically Mario just dressing up as her). Super Mario Maker is a self-contained experience that celebrates the Super Mario Bros games. Super Mario Land isn't a main Mario game and isn't referenced in any canon games.

Diddy is canon but has never canonically met Mario (which is all I said).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Birdo is in a main Mario game but that entire game is a dream Mario had. Meaning it never happened and is non-canon.

If you refer to Super Mario Maker as a main Mario game, it has no story so Daisy's appearance in it is non-canon (and it's technically Mario just dressing up as her). Super Mario Maker is a self-contained experience that celebrates the Super Mario Bros games. Super Mario Land isn't a main Mario game and isn't referenced in any canon games.

Diddy is canon but has never canonically met Mario (which is all I said).
Super Mario Maker is a main title game that both celebrates Mario history and allows you to make your own levels. Pac-Man(along with Ms.Pac-Man)don't have stories to their games either, yet the latter's canon to the original. That card can't be used against Daisy, or else it'll be used against other games with no story.

Diddy never meeting Mario in a main game doesn't make him uncanon still.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Super Mario Maker is a main title game that both celebrates Mario history and allows you to make your own levels. Pac-Man(along with Ms.Pac-Man)don't have stories to their games either, yet the latter's canon to the original. That card can't be used against Daisy, or else it'll be used against other games with no story.

Diddy never meeting Mario in a main game doesn't make him uncanon still.
It's a main game from a gameplay standpoint and because it's developed by EAD but it has NO story at all. The entire context of the game is that you are building a "movie scene". It doesn't have any relevance to the lore of the Mario universe though. And once again, Daisy does not appear in the flesh in Mario Maker. Mario dresses up as her.

I know that about Diddy, I was just pointing out the distinction - a character can still be canon without appearing in the main series in special circumstances, and Diddy falls under that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's a main game from a gameplay standpoint and because it's developed by EAD but it has NO story at all. The entire context of the game is that you are building a "movie scene". It doesn't have any relevance to the lore of the Mario universe though. And once again, Daisy does not appear in the flesh in Mario Maker. Mario dresses up as her.

I know that about Diddy, I was just pointing out the distinction - a character can still be canon without appearing in the main series in special circumstances, and Diddy falls under that.
Like I said, Pac-Man has no story, and it's a main game(main games don't always have to have a story to it...ever), and just because Daisy’s just a costume doesn't mean it isn't her 1st main title game in years(therefore being her 2nd)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Like I said, Pac-Man has no story, and it's a main game(main games don't always have to have a story to it...ever), and just because Daisy’s just a costume doesn't mean it isn't her 1st main title game in years(therefore being her 2nd)
Main game =/= canon game though.

And yes there is a difference between Mario dressing up as Daisy and Daisy appearing in the flesh.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Main game =/= canon game though.

And yes there is a difference between Mario dressing up as Daisy and Daisy appearing in the flesh.
I didn't say anything about differences, I said Daisy still makes an appearance(doesn't matter what shape or form it is)in a main tit'll Mario game.

Mario 2 is canon...through his sleep and dreams alone

Galaxy is canon(has a story)

Smash 4 is(somehow)canon to the Kid Icarus series(and the game has no story)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't say anything about differences, I said Daisy still makes an appearance(doesn't matter what shape or form it is)in a main tit'll Mario game.

Mario 2 is canon...through his sleep and dreams alone

Galaxy is canon(has a story)

Smash 4 is(somehow)canon to the Kid Icarus series(and the game has no story)
A costume of her makes an appearance, yes. It's just effectively a cameo though.

Mario 2 isn't canon, that fact it was all just dream retcons everything that happened it. Similar to the ending of Sonic '06.

Galaxy is canon because it has ties and references to the events of multiple other Mario games.

Smash 4 isn't canon to the Kid Icarus universe yet, as there is yet to be a sequel to Uprising to confirm or deny the "ties" Smash 4 has to the game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A costume of her makes an appearance, yes. It's just effectively a cameo though.

Mario 2 isn't canon, that fact it was all just dream retcons everything that happened it. Similar to the ending of Sonic '06.

Galaxy is canon because it has ties and references to the events of multiple other Mario games.

Smash 4 isn't canon to the Kid Icarus universe yet, as there is yet to be a sequel to Uprising to confirm or deny the "ties" Smash 4 has to the game.
Dark Pit working for Viridi was already hinted at in Uprising itself(complicated)

Birdo still pops up in Mario games, Silver and Blaze still pop up in Sonic games(wot u talkin bout?)

Just because there's a recon, doesn't mean it ain't canon(DBZ:Resurrection F or Spiderman:One More Day)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dark Pit working for Viridi was already hinted at in Uprising itself(complicated)

Birdo still pops up in Mario games, Silver and Blaze still pop up in Sonic games(wot u talkin bout?)

Just because there's a recon, doesn't mean it ain't canon(DBZ:Resurrection F or Spiderman:One More Day)
It wasn't really hinted at, you'd have to make really far assumptions for that.

Silver and Blaze still show up in Sonic games because their origins were re-written. Their origins from Sonic '06 were retconned. Again, Sonic '06 isn't canon.

And yes, if something is retconned, it is not canon. That's exactly what a retcon is. It is a situation where new information overrides and changes past events in a continuity, rendering the old interpretation of those events invalid and non-canon.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Will this subject end anytime soon? It's getting old and annoying now.
ikr

>I make a point
>"HERE'S THIS COMPLETELY UNRELATED THING THAT TOTALLY COUNTERS YOUR POINT THAT I DON'T EVEN FULLY UNDERSTAND"
>"HERE'S MY IMAGINARY INTERPRETATION ON A WORD'S DEFINITION"
>Give facts in response
>Rinse and repeat, ad infinitum

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't know. It's entertaining to see people try so hard to defend something that doesn't matter at the end of the day.
That's what pretty much everyone on Smashboards does these days in an argument.
It wasn't really hinted at, you'd have to make really far assumptions for that.

Silver and Blaze still show up in Sonic games because their origins were re-written. Their origins from Sonic '06 were retconned. Again, Sonic '06 isn't canon.

And yes, if something is retconned, it is not canon. That's exactly what a retcon is. It is a situation where new information overrides and changes past events in a continuity, rendering the old interpretation of those events invalid and non-canon.
You could say the same for anyother thing that hints at something(even if subtle or from the internet)

Spiderman retconned Peter and MJ's marriage...and it's still talked about in the comics like nothing happened(just because it's taken out of history, doesn't mean it's not gonna be stuck with them...heck, even Ninja Turtles is doing this right now). Also, if Sonic 06 was fully retconned, then why would they still have his doomed future as a level for Generations?
Will this subject end anytime soon? It's getting old and annoying now.
If it makes you feel better(I guess?), it ended as of now).

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I don't wish to argue, but I'll just throw my views:

I consider all pieces of media in a given series that is not fanmade canon. However, that does not mean that timeline splits/AU's don't exist

(eg. The director of Metroid Other M essentially said the Prime series is not canon. Because of this, I propose a split timeline in which between Metroid 1 and Metroid Zero Mission, one of the games leads to Prime 1, and the other leads to Metroid 2 with no Prime detour, then eventually Other M.

Or to bring things closer to home, the Koopalings in the beginning were said to be Bowser's children. Later it was retconned. Therefore, these are 2 alternate universes. Adding my own theory crafting to the mix, at the end of Galaxy 1, when the universe was rebooted, Rosalina said things aren't quite the same every time. Hence pre-Galaxy 1, the Koopalings are Bowser's children. Post-Galaxy 1, they are minions).

As I said, I do not wish to argue. To avoid arguments, I automatically view my opinions on anything as unpopular/wrong for the sake of doing so, as confrontations are not my strong suit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's what pretty much everyone on Smashboards does these days in an argument.

You could say the same for anyother thing that hints at something(even if subtle or from the internet)

Spiderman retconned Peter and MJ's marriage...and it's still talked about in the comics like nothing happened(just because it's taken out of history, doesn't mean it's not gonna be stuck with them...heck, even Ninja Turtles is doing this right now). Also, if Sonic 06 was fully retconned, then why would they still have his doomed future as a level for Generations?

If it makes you feel better(I guess?), it ended as of now).
Spider-Man has a ton of continuities, so I don't know why you are bringing that up. It doesn't effect my point whatsoever. Sometimes he marries Mary Jane, sometimes he doesn't, sometimes she does before he gets the chance, sometimes he doesn't even meet her.

Generations has Crisis City because as it is, it's non-canon. This is also why it has barely any story to begin with. It's just a special celebratory game.

I don't wish to argue, but I'll just throw my views:

I consider all pieces of media in a given series that is not fanmade canon. However, that does not mean that timeline splits/AU's don't exist

(eg. The director of Metroid Other M essentially said the Prime series is not canon. Because of this, I propose a split timeline in which between Metroid 1 and Metroid Zero Mission, one of the games leads to Prime 1, and the other leads to Metroid 2 with no Prime detour, then eventually Other M.

Or to bring things closer to home, the Koopalings in the beginning were said to be Bowser's children. Later it was retconned. Therefore, these are 2 alternate universes. Adding my own theory crafting to the mix, at the end of Galaxy 1, when the universe was rebooted, Rosalina said things aren't quite the same every time. Hence pre-Galaxy 1, the Koopalings are Bowser's children. Post-Galaxy 1, they are minions).

As I said, I do not wish to argue. To avoid arguments, I automatically view my opinions on anything as unpopular/wrong for the sake of doing so, as confrontations are not my strong suit.
Creating headcanons to make things tie together is fine and I get that people like to do that. I mean I have headcanons to fill in Galaxy's plotholes for example.

But it is at the end of the day, headcanon, and is irrelevant when discussing what is and isn't actually canon.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina being called a princess is considered an insult? Well, it depends on how you call her princess like "What a stuck up princess!" or "Look, she is such a princess!" would be bad. Well, princess Rosalina seems stereotype to me in my opinion, just because of what she wears? And for Mario & Sonic Guy's sake, the subjects end right here!

I ran across this interesting render of Tennis Rosalina, and it depicts her right eye as well. In general, I wonder what Rosalina (Not in her storybook look) would look like without that large bang...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I didn't want to stick around with all the bias that's been going on here, which is the main reason why I don't come here much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man has a ton of continuities, so I don't know why you are bringing that up. It doesn't effect my point whatsoever. Sometimes he marries Mary Jane, sometimes he doesn't, sometimes she does before he gets the chance, sometimes he doesn't even meet her.
There's only 1 continuity with the main(and living)Peter Parker after what happened in Secret Wars, and the results are still the same(minus him being rich, having multiple Spideys in one world, and being more of a boss than he already is). No MJ, no Gwen(minus Spidergwen), and no street replacements(besides Miles). I could've just brought back up Harley Quinn or anyone in DC, but they actually retconned to much things.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Ayy Dabuz making top 8 on winners :) This guy really inspires me to keep playing this character, proving how effective she is! Reminds me of HBox with Puff (AKA being basically the only one to dominate with their character in such a way).

That set with M2K was extremely close though.... Looks like Dabuz was able to pull it together better vs Heroo's Cloud. How do you guys feel about this MU o_o. Seems potentially even, but watching Mr. R just destroy Komo with Shiek's Up B makes me wonder what Rosalina could potentially do near the ledge.

falln unfortunately drowned, really bad on his part for going ZSS. vs I think Tyrant? It was some Meta Knight. Really should have stuck with Rosa, even if it was Meta Knight... afaik he doesn't even practice ZSS, and he won game 1 with Rosalina soo....

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Yes, falln shouldn't have changed character but whatever. I can't what to see Top 8 to root for Dabooboo :rosalina: lol

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
"I think"

There is no "I think" about this (trying to accuse me of only using headcanons or nitpicking, then you literally make up stuff about a word? Huh...). The word has multiple meanings, none of them "come first". It's just a single world with multiple applications. Only one of them makes any sense for Rosalina, so that's obviously the one they meant. There is nothing ambiguous about that.
... Please admit, at least once, you cannot be right. You don't know if the word "regal" was used for her beauty and grace or for a royal title. You cannot say one of these options is true and the other one false, you've got no facts because of the ambiguity, and I'm sure the one you'd give would only be headcanons you try to disguise as facts.
And with that, I'm over.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
... Please admit, at least once, you cannot be right. You don't know if the word "regal" was used for her beauty and grace or for a royal title. You cannot say one of these options is true and the other one false, you've got no facts because of the ambiguity, and I'm sure the one you'd give would only be headcanons you try to disguise as facts.
And with that, I'm over.
No, it wasn't used as a royal title because regal is used to describe kings in a royal context. Rosalina isn't a man.

The other definition makes perfect sense and since they literally describe her powers after using the word, that's what they are referring to.

There is no ambiguity. You are stretching to say that they could be trying to use the word incorrectly, rather than correctly. There are two major definitions of the word and one makes total sense in regards to Rosalina, the other does not. Yet you are trying to say they could be using the latter, in order to defend the idea she might be a princess. Even though regal isn't a word that's supposed to be associated with princesses in the first place. Yeah, there is no ambiguity here.

I can't spell it out anymore than this. If you still insist that they are trying to describe her as being a princess using the word "regal", then you have gotten to the point of delusion.

I won't admit that I'm wrong because you have done absolutely nothing to prove me wrong. All of the facts point in my favour here. Literally all you have done is hang to assumptions that don't even make linguistic sense and have tried to deny everything by saying "uuuuuh they're being ambiguous" without actually proving it. That's not how you make an argument.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina being called a princess is considered an insult? Well, it depends on how you call her princess like "What a stuck up princess!" or "Look, she is such a princess!" would be bad. Well, princess Rosalina seems stereotype to me in my opinion, just because of what she wears? And for Mario & Sonic Guy's sake, the subjects end right here!

I ran across this interesting render of Tennis Rosalina, and it depicts her right eye as well. In general, I wonder what Rosalina (Not in her storybook look) would look like without that large bang...
In a way, she'd look pretty odd. The hair bang actually suits her, since it makes her look more appealing.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Somehow funny how an argument that repeats itself at mind-numbing frequence overrides not one, but TWO fresh arguments.
Arguments are meant to be like this onlone no mater what

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^know that, and somehow can't stop being surprised from how far it can go
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy More than that, I find that what makes that render odd is the shoe clipping with the leg and the ghostly skin.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy More than that, I find that what makes that render odd is the shoe clipping with the leg and the ghostly skin.
The "ghostly skin" is the lighting, but you really can't see it in the background, and the shoe clipping is one minor glitch that if you can ignore, there won't be a problem! Other than that, this is pretty much accurate due to the cut scene in Ultra Smash where Rosalina receives a mega mushroom. From there, her right eye is exposed.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
The "ghostly skin" is the lighting, but you really can't see it in the background, and the shoe clipping is one minor glitch that if you can ignore, there won't be a problem! Other than that, this is pretty much accurate due to the cut scene in Ultra Smash where Rosalina receives a mega mushroom. From there, her right eye is exposed.
Wait a minute, is this render taken from the game or made just for this image?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
-Prima Guides isn't a legit source, they have been known to even get level design facts wrong in their guides (you know...the main thing they are supposed to do). If they can't even handle that, why would you trust them with lore?
Unless they are official I will only take Prima guide's description with a little grain of salt, same for Wikipedia,Smashwiki, and Mariowiki. And those websites can be changed if you found some minor descriptions wrong.
But it is at the end of the day, headcanon, and is irrelevant when discussing what is and isn't actually canon.
And that's why many people don't take them seriously? It worth to discuss, but not worth to argue.
Ayy Dabuz making top 8 on winners :) This guy really inspires me to keep playing this character, proving how effective she is! Reminds me of HBox with Puff (AKA being basically the only one to dominate with their character in such a way).

That set with M2K was extremely close though.... Looks like Dabuz was able to pull it together better vs Heroo's Cloud. How do you guys feel about this MU o_o. Seems potentially even, but watching Mr. R just destroy Komo with Shiek's Up B makes me wonder what Rosalina could potentially do near the ledge.

falln unfortunately drowned, really bad on his part for going ZSS. vs I think Tyrant? It was some Meta Knight. Really should have stuck with Rosa, even if it was Meta Knight... afaik he doesn't even practice ZSS, and he won game 1 with Rosalina soo....
So am I.
And ZSS is really an annoying character for Rosalina to deal with.
I didn't want to stick around with all the bias that's been going on here, which is the main reason why I don't come here much.
I will rather just not involving with the argument.
I won't admit that I'm wrong because you have done absolutely nothing to prove me wrong. All of the facts point in my favour here. Literally all you have done is hang to assumptions that don't even make linguistic sense and have tried to deny everything by saying "uuuuuh they're being ambiguous" without actually proving it. That's not how you make an argument.
Like what I had just said, headcannons are not worth of arguing.
Love it :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It was ripped from the game, the only part that was made are the teeth and tongue. Or what above said.
Rosalina never does have any visible teeth. They're there, but you typically won't ever see them.

Hey everyone! Look at this, now the Mario ladies are complete!
It's still odd how people like to pair Rosalina with Peach and Daisy. Rosalina isn't even royalty for all we know.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
With some adjustment this render will look absolutely gorgeous but it's really good anyway. I don't think there's a way to make Rosalina look bad, sincerely.

EDIT: I made some quick adjustment to this render. It's not perfect by any means because I made it quick but I think it looks better overall:
Senza titolo-3.png

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Doesn't look better tbh , the skin tone now doesn't match the lighting in the whole body.

Doesn't blend.
I know it doesn't blend well, I did it in like five minutes. I was try to give her a humanly possible skin colour like she has, before it looked like a mozzarella zombie.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
No, it wasn't used as a royal title because regal is used to describe kings in a royal context. Rosalina isn't a man.

The other definition makes perfect sense and since they literally describe her powers after using the word, that's what they are referring to.

There is no ambiguity. You are stretching to say that they could be trying to use the word incorrectly, rather than correctly. There are two major definitions of the word and one makes total sense in regards to Rosalina, the other does not. Yet you are trying to say they could be using the latter, in order to defend the idea she might be a princess. Even though regal isn't a word that's supposed to be associated with princesses in the first place. Yeah, there is no ambiguity here.

I can't spell it out anymore than this. If you still insist that they are trying to describe her as being a princess using the word "regal", then you have gotten to the point of delusion.

I don't want to continue conversing about that, and especially to you, because it often gets strange, or you make everything to disguise personal thoughts in arguments. And replying to this isn't necessary, I won't waste my time. I'm over with this. Haven't I told it?

Whatever, I've seen a gorgeous picture of Rosalina some minutes ago (link to deviantart):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom