• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No, it wasn't used as a royal title because regal is used to describe kings in a royal context. Rosalina isn't a man.
Totally sure sure.

And that's why this is Peach's bio in Mario Party 10:

This regal ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom always throws her crown into the ring when Mini-Stars are at stake!

And that's why Peach's team name with Yoshi in Mario Party 5 REGAL FRIENDS , A clear reference to her Princess Status.

Snip snip.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Totally sure sure.

And that's why this is Peach's bio in Mario Party 10:

This regal ruler of the Mushroom Kingdom always throws her crown into the ring when Mini-Stars are at stake!

And that's why Peach's team name with Yoshi in Mario Party 5 REGAL FRIENDS , A clear reference to her Princess Status.

Snip snip.

And once again, the other definition of the word would be the most obvious intended meaning in those contexts still since, once again, regal is used specifically on kings, not princesses.

snip ****ing snip

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Today was a really good day .

Once again , Peach saves the day , and with this the argument it's clearly over.

Drops mic and lights out.

Oh wow, if you're Peach, she's even more of an airhead than I thought, then...

Seriously though, ignoring counter-points doesn't "win" you an argument.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh wow, if you're Peach, she's even more of an airhead than I thought, then...

Seriously though, ignoring counter-points doesn't "win" you an argument.

i wasn't refering to me as Peach , i was referencing the clear proof in a bio which happens to be Peach's.

Not that it matters , but i like to explain myself. It's all over , after all , i'm just an airhead :p

Walks off the stage and cut.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

i wasn't refering to me as Peach , i was referencing the clear proof in a bio which happens to be Peach's.

Not that it matters , but i like to explain myself. It's all over , after all , i'm just an airhead :p

Walks off the stage and cut.
Except I've already described how it isn't clear proof. You're just filtering it out because you can't accept being wrong.

Geez. Why do I bother coming to this thread anymore? It's impossible to have an intelligent discussion here nowadays.

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Awww bummer!!!! I wanted Dabuz to win Genesis 3! Would have been nice to see Rosalina as the champion of the tournament... :(

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
Awww bummer!!!! I wanted Dabuz to win Genesis 3! Would have been nice to see Rosalina as the champion of the tournament... :(
Ah well, the best player did win and thats what counts! Dabuz will only get better

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't expect him to win, but he did OK. Still has a ways to go though before he beats ZeRo at this rate. That or an absurd buff to Rosalina/nerf to Sheik happens to skew things in his favour.

C3CC

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
What I'm salty about is that I dislike ZeRo and didn't want him to win, even if he deserves it because he clearly played better. I consider him arrogant and a tier*** (for lack of a better word, I don't like that one so please tell me if there's a synonym to what you know I'm trying to say). He only uses top tier characters and abandons them if they get nerfed (like he abandoned Diddy Kong, for example). He chooses his characters based on their place on the tier list, not because he likes the characters. That may not be a bad thing, but I don't like it.

Moderator Edit: Please do not censor dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah , i knew something was missing , it's just not the same without Rosalina reacting to the public and being vocal in her performance.Just messing around with the trailer segment.

Feels just right with her expressing herself now that i can hear her.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
This is a really old tweet I found, but it's just so adorable and heartwarming. An example of kids actually having the ability to get something marketed towards them so they can enjoy and cherish it forever. And it's something that shows Rosalina being passed down to new fans so they can enjoy Rosalina and make new memories. Did I mention how adorable this is?
https://twitter.com/AmiiboNews/status/561923753433505792

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Man, Dabuz was on fire! Those grab releases and Luma control were amazing! Now I really want to improve my Rosalina so much :rosalina:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Man, Dabuz was on fire! Those grab releases and Luma control were amazing! Now I really want to improve my Rosalina so much :rosalina:
Me too! I really want to learn how to use her Neutral Air like Dabuz does. Also, does anyone know how he manages to keep Luma spinning while Rosalina is doing something else?

... I just read that RisingVexx and Chevaca (two Venezuelan players whose dream of playing at Genesis 3 came true) asked ZeRo for a photo and he very rudely said no. I can't stand him.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Me too! I really want to learn how to use her Neutral Air like Dabuz does. Also, does anyone know how he manages to keep Luma spinning while Rosalina is doing something else?

... I just read that RisingVexx and Chevaca (two Venezuelan players whose dream of playing at Genesis 3 came true) asked ZeRo for a photo and he very rudely said no. I can't stand him.
The spinning jab is a thing I always wondered, I'm still trying to figure out. And yep, nair is really hard to use well but it's an amazing move. And I just want to know the percentage for those grab releases, they are so powerful.

And seriously ZeRo did that? I hope he had a good reason.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The rapid jab with Luma while having Rosalina move around as if it isn't happening, is done by starting Luma's jab combo into the rapid jab while Rosalina is in a state where she can't attack and Luma still can, like hitstun, being grabbed, or the landing animation for Launch Star.

Basically you just mash :GCA: while Rosalina is any of the states I described above, and once Luma starts to do his rapid jab, switch to holding :GCA:. Now Rosalina can move around and Luma will continue to do his rapid jab because Rosalina never started hers due to being in a state where she couldn't attack. It's effectively a de-sync.

In order to have Rosalina attack in this state, very briefly letting go of :GCA: and pressing and holding it immediately after causes Rosalina to attack without Luma finishing his rapid jab.

The only finicky element of this is that Rosalina's shield and grab controls act a little wonky (IIRC, attempting to shield from a dash while holding :GCA: will result in a dash grab instead or something), but you can get used it.

Here's a little replay I have where I made use of the trick.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
The rapid jab with Luma while having Rosalina move around as if it isn't happening, is done by starting Luma's jab combo into the rapid jab while Rosalina is in a state where she can't attack and Luma still can, like hitstun, being grabbed, or the landing animation for Launch Star.

Basically you just mash :GCA: while Rosalina is any of the states I described above, and once Luma starts to do his rapid jab, switch to holding :GCA:. Now Rosalina can move around and Luma will continue to do his rapid jab because Rosalina never started hers due to being in a state where she couldn't attack. It's effectively a de-sync.

In order to have Rosalina attack in this state, very briefly letting go of :GCA: and pressing and holding it immediately after causes Rosalina to attack without Luma finishing his rapid jab.

The only finicky element of this is that Rosalina's shield and grab controls act a little wonky (IIRC, attempting to shield from a dash while holding :GCA: will result in a dash grab instead or something), but you can get used it.

Here's a little replay I have where I made use of the trick.

I guess she wasn't feeling very "peachy" after that, eh?

Eh?

okay i'll go

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Hey Rosalina fans, what's up.

So as i said , it only backfires to the characters ; There's no reason to separte ''Main'' games to ''Spin Off'' considering that it is the Spin Off games that provide the individuality to each character most of the time.
DING DING DING DING DING!

I still believe that the Mario series in general just doesn't have a straightforward canon. Sure, some things stay the same, like Peach getting kidnapped or the Observatory being in the recent 3D games...but the games want to focus on the gameplay first and foremost.

There's a reason why we see Mario go-karting with Bowser or Rosalina changing height on the fly...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I still believe that the Mario series in general just doesn't have a straightforward canon. Sure, some things stay the same, like Peach getting kidnapped or the Observatory being in the recent 3D games...but the games want to focus on the gameplay first and foremost.

There's a reason why we see Mario go-karting with Bowser or Rosalina changing height on the fly...
Well Rosalina canonically has the ability to change her size so that's not strange.

Main games and spin-offs are separate because they can't logically co-exist. Mario and Bowser go karting isn't jarring because it's non-canon, it never REALLY happens.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

The only things that separate the spin off to the main games are the events that happens between them.

I think people really need to remember that the so called plot in ''main Mario games'' is Almost non-existent.

Oh really? Saving Peach 1412412413 times have soooo much depth and story... Bish pls...

There's only a limited amount of elements that belong to the main games that can be considered ''story'' , such as Rosalina's personal side , and even that doesn't even tie with anybody considering that's exclusively there to give Rosalina a more prominent background.

Spin off games are Faaaaar more relevant than Main games when it comes to Character representation and what they are capable of.

Sure , we see Mario's abilities all the time in main games , but he lacks personality and it's a very bland character in those.

Then , we go to a Mario strikers game and we see a competitive and agressive Mario , in The same games we see the True side of characters like Daisy , and even Peach.

In Tennis , we see Waluigi being hilarious and being the bad guy alongside Wario.

We see in The Baseball ending , how Peach is so friendly that she even lets Bowser and their team in their party.

In Mario Party 2 we see how Peach has pride and also wants to fight for the name of ''Peach Land''.

and many other games.

Without those games , most of the characters would be terribly bland and boring , and that's why Main games don't matter whatsoever in that sense.

The only exception to the rule is Rosalina. Ironically Rosalina displayed all her true character in a Main game ; and when she started appearing in spin off games, she acts like a generic character and sounds like one considering that , since the Mario cast don't talk much their voice is the only ''iconic'' thing they can have that represents their behavior and true nature and Rosalina lost it ; When you hear the deep trademark voice in Mario Kart, you'd know that Rosalina is biting your toes , and now you cannot even take a guess without looking behind.

It's beyond me why people go against those games considering that they are more replayable than a Main Mario linear game.

And if we go for the logic than it cannot be real because it's not a main game , then all that we know about the characters and their personal traits in deep sigh is false and everything would be very very boring.

but i guess some people like to be very boring :/ We can't help it.

but enough about me. How are you ? I see you are pretty excited that Daisy made it into Super Mario Maker , congrats.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The only things that separate the spin off to the main games are the events that happens between them.

I think people really need to remember that the so called plot in ''main Mario games'' is Almost non-existent.

Oh really? Saving Peach 1412412413 times have soooo much depth and story... Bish pls...

There's only a limited amount of elements that belong to the main games that can be considered ''story'' , such as Rosalina's personal side , and even that doesn't even tie with anybody considering that's exclusively there to give Rosalina a more prominent background.

Spin off games are Faaaaar more relevant than Main games when it comes to Character representation and what they are capable of.

Sure , we see Mario's abilities all the time in main games , but he lacks personality and it's a very bland character in those.

Then , we go to a Mario strikers game and we see a competitive and agressive Mario , in The same games we see the True side of characters like Daisy , and even Peach.

In Tennis , we see Waluigi being hilarious and being the bad guy alongside Wario.

We see in The Baseball ending , how Peach is so friendly that she even lets Bowser and their team in their party.

In Mario Party 2 we see how Peach has pride and also wants to fight for the name of ''Peach Land''.

and many other games.

Without those games , most of the characters would be terribly bland and boring , and that's why Main games don't matter whatsoever in that sense.

The only exception to the rule is Rosalina. Ironically Rosalina displayed all her true character in a Main game ; and when she started appearing in spin off games, she acts like a generic character and sounds like one considering that , since the Mario cast don't talk much their voice is the only ''iconic'' thing they can have that represents their behavior and true nature and Rosalina lost it ; When you hear the deep trademark voice in Mario Kart, you'd know that Rosalina is biting your toes , and now you cannot even take a guess without looking behind.

It's beyond me why people go against those games considering that they are more replayable than a Main Mario linear game.

And if we go for the logic than it cannot be real because it's not a main game , then all that we know about the characters and their personal traits in deep sigh is false and everything would be very very boring.

but i guess some people like to be very boring :/ We can't help it.

but enough about me. How are you ? I see you are pretty excited that Daisy made it into Super Mario Maker , congrats.

I... like that gif.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think you understand the nature of a spin-off in terms of any fictional universe.

Spin-offs are non-canon, but as insight to the character's personality, they are relevant. They are merely "what-if" scenarios.

For example, although Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is non-canon, it does show us how Rosalina would be if she did play tennis. It's not something she ever actually does, but it shows us how she would play if she did.

This isn't debatable as it's the literal definition of the phrase "spin-off".

There can be canon spin-offs in media, and these have a separate name, called "tie-ins". As an example, pretty much any Kingdom Hearts game on a handheld is a tie-in - the events in them aren't quite as major as in the main games and they try very different things with the gameplay, but they are all mandatory if you want to understand the full picture of the story.

Nah, that isn't true. There's far more things to examine in characters than just their voice, even in Mario characters, that defines their personality and who they are. It's your own fault if you can't see that but it makes your observations on Rosalina's character here very flawed. There are other things to examine like their body language, how they react to certain things, how they use their abilities, how much resourcefulness they show, etc.

You are segregating her actions in main series games from her spin-off appearances. When in actuality, they form a collective whole of a character. Although the spin-offs are non-canon and don't actually happen, they show us how these characters would act if they were put in these situations, like karting, sports, board game parties, etc.

In Rosalina's case, there has rarely been contradictions or discrepancies in how Rosalina acts in spin-offs compared to main series games. The only one that had serious, out of nowhere contradictions was Mario Party 10 (3D World and Smash technically do too but that's more to do with her size and only using limited amounts of her powers, but those are understandable since it's done to make her realistically playable without breaking the game too hard). That one had her acting scared of stuff, being overly excitable at little things, etc. That one reduced her to be a bit generic, but that's because that game was designed to over-glorify Bowser and under play all of the other characters, so it wasn't just Rosalina that was negatively effected, a bunch of characters were OOC in that game. I don't think it was a good move, especially since it contradicted certain bios about her that went up around the game's release, but it's only one instance so far.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I don't really care for annoying arguements that isn't nessessary and last forever. There is only one right answer, and one that doesn't make any sense. I have a request for you all, why don't we shake it off and dance like crazy?

EDIT: One day when I was playing as Rosalina on Mario Party 10, I discovered a hair glitch...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really care for annoying arguements that isn't nessessary and last forever. There is only one right answer, and one that doesn't make any sense. I have a request for you all, why don't we shake it off and dance like crazy?
If that had facial animation it would be amazing.

Rosie got the hot moves and the hot bod.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice

EDIT: One day when I was playing as Rosalina on Mario Party 10, I discovered a hair glitch...
I wanna make a second account just so I can like that video again.

She had better moves than jagger

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

I'm more into break dancing to rap music. Where is it?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm more into break dancing to rap music. Where is it?
Hm, I dunno if Rosalina's the rapper type. She ain't Nicki, butt... Maybe someday, when the 7,000,000th comet pass will mark the new day where she will rise as queen and slay them all! Er.. She could do it now, but I... I'm lazy.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hm, I dunno if Rosalina's the rapper type. She ain't Nicki, butt... Maybe someday, when the 7,000,000th comet pass will mark the new day where she will rise as queen and slay them all! Er.. She could do it now, but I... I'm lazy.
I have no idea what you were babbling about. I still need some rap though.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, it's interesting you guys felt Dabuz was far off from beating Zero, because both sets they played seems extremely close to me! Dabuz's ability to play around Sheik's amazing pressure tools in neutral was just insane, and made me realize how much farther I have to go o_o (Lunar landing nair to catch landings / getup, and bair / fair to punish missed fairs were incredibly smart and is something I need to do more!). Another thing I noticed was that while Dabuz didn't have control of the match as much as Zero did, when he did have control, he often racked up a ton of damage through juggling or grounded combos, or KO'd at an early %. Very interesting to me, makes me think our best way of beating Sheik is really optimizing our opportunities to take control and put her in a bad spot and seal the kill.

Additionally, it seemed outside of grab releases (still having trouble with this in training mode - supposedly it's character specific but I find it very hard to pull off consistently, if at all), sending Luma out is generally ineffective due to Sheik's ability to swat at Luma relatively safely with fair. Another thing I noticed was that when it came to edgeguarding, their was really nothing Dabuz could do offstage except for potentially reading a high / mid bouncing fish (see: G1 of G3 GFs) and back-airing. Even then, it seems very easy for Sheik to recover low and close to the stage with an Up B with very little penalty excluding having to choose a ledge getup option. I know we can use detached Luma's dair to catch Sheik on the 2-frame, but I know Dabuz knows about this and yet he never utilized it during the matches. Is it avoidable in some way, or did he just not feel confident enough to line it up correctly? I know I myself often miss this punish, and when you do miss, you can be put in a somewhat unfavorable situation due to having Luma detached. How do you guys tend to edgeguard Sheik, and do you think Dabuz's strategy of focusing on punishing the ledge getup is most optimal? Just wondering because I think if Dabuz could apply more offstage pressure, he could have won at least one of those sets!

Also, if Sheik can read your landings, Rosa can die sooo early... G5 of G3 GFs just goes to show how dangerous that up smash can be!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also, if Sheik can read your landings, Rosa can die sooo early... G5 of G3 GFs just goes to show how dangerous that up smash can be!
Rosalina & Luma's up smash are also dangerous, just sadly the set before Zero catch up was awful for Dabuz, he got 0% koed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom