• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningLuxray

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to point out that Dabuz isn't the only Rosalina main playing a more defensive playstyle (note: more defensive, not pure defensive.) It's every successful Rosalina main.

Anyways, @WeirdChillFever makes some good points, but all that really matters is #2! :D

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just wanted to point out that Dabuz isn't the only Rosalina main playing a more defensive playstyle (note: more defensive, not pure defensive.) It's every successful Rosalina main.

Anyways, @WeirdChillFever makes some good points, but all that really matters is #2! :D
You know what else is Super cool?

There's some HD videos of Mario Kart Arcade GP DX Featuring Rosalina , and the game looks really good , i bet it could be a bit more fun than MK8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqcfqcZgSPU

That's a link to one , i would post it here in a direct way but the channel owner doesn't allow videos being posted in other websites.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I agree with #1, the part where he mentions the echo in her voice. That's the best part about her.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's finally snowing outside my perfectly spacious, grand, manor! The moat is frozen, and the trees are sprinkled with snowflakes! The villa is a winter wonderland, to celebrate us all, let's take a listen to this song:

Oh, and Ace made a Rosalina & Luma vid, just to help you guys with your Sm4sh argument. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xggcgixzkc

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
It's finally snowing ourside my perfectly spacious, grand, manor! The moat is frozen, and the trees are sprinkled with snowflakes! The villa is a winter wonderland, to celebrate us all, let's take a listen to this song:

Oh, and Ace made a Rosalina & Luma vid, just to help you guys with your Sm4sh argument. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xggcgixzkc
I FINALLY get that blasted song out of my head after months of therapy, and you pull this.

If you'll excuse me, I have to bang my head against the garage door for a few hours.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I FINALLY get that blasted song out of my head after months of therapy, and you pull this.

If you'll excuse me, I have to bang my head against the garage door for a few hours.
While i loved Frozen and Let It go , this Elsa gimmick is getting really annoying in the last few pages , like what's the point?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well, it IS the winter season. Should I put on other cold-weather theme video instead of Frozen? I can't think of any besides Christmas ones. Winter to me is like how you could describe Rosalina, considering that she owns an Ice World as a track. I look forward to see Rosalina in the Winter Olympic this year. Oh man, I dressed too light to go and build a snowman today, maybe next year.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Ahem, people, positions please! Let us begin...

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we’ve no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It doesn’t show signs of stopping
And I’ve bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I’ll hate going out in the storm
But if you’ll really hold me tight
All the way home I’ll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And my dear, we’re still goodbying
As long as you love me so

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I’ll hate going out in the storm
But if you’ll really hold me tight
All the way home I’ll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And my dear, we’re still goodbying
As long as you love me so
Let it snow (let it snow)

By: Cascada

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So, in an attempt to get this thread into a discussion that's more... progressive, has anyone else heard about the recent rumor on how there may be a Paper Mario Wii U in the works? It's fairly new, so it hasn't gone anywhere beyond rumor status, but it's something I'm hopeful for happening because I absolutely loved The Thousand Year Door as it was one of my first GameCube games. I'm hoping just like many others they stick to their roots and make a more traditional Paper Mario RPG with interesting areas and characters. Frankly, I'm just glad to see this as some sort of sign that Nintendo isn't ready to leave Wii U owners in the dust like many are expecting because I strongly disagree with even the thought of them releasing the NX as early as this year. And if you're guessing where I'm going at with the Paper Mario characters, Paper Rosalina obviously. At least have her in the next installment. There's plenty of neat things they can do with Paper Lumas. There's just something so charming seeing large groups of paper characters in those games interact with the environment and such.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Urgh, recently I check my Youtube channel and things had turned a bit different... my main page doesn't show channels that I have subbed anymore And I notice a chunk of my sub channels went unsubbed for no reason, I still manage to get their updated videos though. But this mean I have no way to get those channels back. Unless I found one of their videos...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I, on the other hand , am paciently waiting for the release of the New Mario vs DK game , so i can see the footage of Peach in action , and maybe some with Rosalina.

I also cannot wait for The HD Twilight Princess for the Wii U ; Gamexplain has me on my toes with those constant updates discussing stuff about the updated version.

For Pape Mario , it may just be a rumor , as for now nothing to believe in a solid thing. But it'll be super awesome that , if it's going to be made , the game would be NOTHING like Sticker Star.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The only thing that concerns me with Twilight Princess HD is with the amiibo usage. Wolf Link's content in the game doesn't look like something so major based on what I've seen. As long as Nintendo doesn't start a trend where more important content is locked away in amiibos, it shouldn't be a problem.
That probably won't be happening any time soon.
If you were to consider it, what you'd be going into after playing the first one would basically be similar in structure but an expansion of what made the first one so great. An example being how your allies have more unique dialogue in more story related events well beyond when you first meet them rather than being a character on your team you just use for their abilities. If the original made you desire more of things like that, then it may be up your ally. Otherwise, it's just a great sequel. Also, the ebay prices have shot way up lately, so that's something to consider.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only thing that concerns me with Twilight Princess HD is with the amiibo usage. Wolf Link's content in the game doesn't look like something so major based on what I've seen. As long as Nintendo doesn't start a trend where more important content is locked away in amiibos, it shouldn't be a problem.
The Wolf Link amiibo's feature is pretty much optional though, much like with all the other amiibo that can be used. Of course, those who like to be very bold can always scan the Ganondorf amiibo, so that they'll take even more damage than what the Hero mode offers.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I love the Paper Mario games, but the only one I own are Paper Mario (N64) and Super Paper Mario... I believe to those who says that TTYD is a great game but I rather watch an LP of it than play it, because of currency. I really do hope they have a Paper Rosalina in the game, if they do, I anticipate that she'll look like this:

Oh, and have you always think Rosalina as a calm and reserved person? Have you ever seen her mad? Well check this comic out and see for yourself:

And you can find more way over... There

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All that I can say is that that just feels way out of character for Rosalina. Peach and Daisy can get angry if they wish, but I would think that Rosalina has a lot more control over her temper.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't understand anyone tbh.

Either people want Rosalina to stay in-character as she was in Galaxy as opposed of nowadays , Or they want her to display more of her character in different ways.

Rosalina is a character , a Mario one like any other , It's nothing really special tbh. So , she can jump , run , walk , talk , attack etc. And also it's alright is she is happy , Sad , Angry or dissapointed ; It makes her be a bit more likeable.

Since her former character is pretty pointless at this point , it's alright if Nintendo or any other portray Rosalina in situations in which she is capable of being more ''human'' instead of a robot.

The only thing that's consistent of Rosalina's initial appearence is that , weirdly , she still has that Poker face expression in most of her renders , and even in-game , Which doesn't even match with how she sounds or how she is animated.

With more Spin Off appearences , is only matter of time that Rosalina ends up displaying more human emotions , like she has been doing nowdays ; Imagine if she ever appears in a Mario Strikers game , she would most likeably get upset when she loses or maybe sad , there's a lot they could do.

In the end , at this point it would be kinda hilarious to ask for Rosalina to ''stay in character'' when she is probably the character that has the most inconsistent portrayal overall , Going in Serious in Galaxy , Going Happy In 3D World , Going Annoyingly Happy In Mario Kart 8 , then go back to being Serious in Smash and Mario Golf then go Generic in Mario Party 10.

It's all a back and forth . The only way to truly know Rosalina is playing Mario Galaxy 1 ; If people get to know her for games such as Super Mario 3D World or Mario Kart 8 , they would never imagine she was once a very mature character in her debut.

That's how inconsistent her character has become , and we only know better since we are close to the character , if that wasn't the case then we wouldn't.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In regards to Mario Strikers, I think that Rosalina would do one of the two things if she's losing...
  • Rosalina feels sad, and one of her sidekicks tries to cheer her up.
  • Rosalina faints, while two of her sidekicks try to lift her up. However, the attempt is futile, as the sidekicks end up collapsing as well; this references Rosalina's double bogey animation from Mario Golf: World Tour.
No angry emotions in any way.

TriTails

Smash Lord
All that I can say is that that just feels way out of character for Rosalina. Peach and Daisy can get angry if they wish, but I would think that Rosalina has a lot more control over her temper.
IIRC, Rosalina was extremely disturbed by the princesses in that comic. A lot more control over her temper doesn't mean she doesn't have one.

If we were to make her void of emotions (Poker face the entire tiiiime), then we should question her status as a character, because it's clear she was (And still is? IDK because where's the backstory of her powers) a human and not a robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom