• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm feeling sick, and I always end up listening to Rosalina related music when I am.

I know we just got the Mario Tennis confirmation but I'm already thirsty for another announcement relating to her. That might be because Mario Tennis looks like a huge let down in pretty much every aspect besides the character portrayals.
Maybe the awaited Mario & Sonic announcement , since a Direct is coming soon.

I would wonder what kind of costume Rosalina would use , if not a palette swap of Daisy's. Since , active sports don't let Peach or Daisy use sporty dresses.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm feeling sick, and I always end up listening to Rosalina related music when I am.

I know we just got the Mario Tennis confirmation but I'm already thirsty for another announcement relating to her. That might be because Mario Tennis looks like a huge let down in pretty much every aspect besides the character portrayals.
Hope you feel better. Galaxy's soundtrack is always soothing and epic.

Maybe she'll appear in the Olympic Games, or maybe she could even make a surprise appearance in Paper Jam, but I dunno. Some more Rosalina stuff would be great to see. We cannot get that Direct soon enough.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Honestly I'd like that Super Mario series Amiibo more than anything at this point, seeing as Star Fox is delayed. It would be a nice Christmas surprise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is pretty much a huge letdown as a whole, thanks to it having a smaller roster than Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Power Tennis, along with the lack of Tournament mode, and gimmick courts. Even with Rosalina being present in the game, with the way the game looks now, it's not even worth buying at this point in time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The roster isn't what bothers me. Really, I only care to play as Rosalina, maybe Toad, Luigi, and Yoshi on occasion. Maybe Bowser too. And as far as I'm concerned, it has pretty much most of the fan favourites. The only glaring omission for me is Luma. Since Lumas are playable in Smash, as well as Galaxy 2, I think they are the "modern Toad" in that they are a prominent side character in the main series that should be playable in spin-offs. Like Rosalina, they also have that backstory and lore aspect to them.

I just think the game lacks stuff to do, and the gimmick courses need to be there.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The roster is small , but even so it could have been better.

Toadette and Bowser Jr are the only ''Ok'' unlockeables. Dry Bowser is just a terrible choice , and The Sprixie while unique , is still random and most likely one of those characters that are a ''1 time addition''.

The only relevant addition besides Rosalina , was totally Toadette. Dry Bowser Returning is nothing but dissapointing and the Sprixie is just here to say 'hello' like Adele , and Goodbye in the next game.

And more importantly , the gameplay is just... Inferior to Power Tennis , a gamecube game. That says alot about Nintendo and Camelot at the moment.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
The roster is small , but even so it could have been better.

Toadette and Bowser Jr are the only ''Ok'' unlockeables. Dry Bowser is just a terrible choice , and The Sprixie while unique , is still random and most likely one of those characters that are a ''1 time addition''.

The only relevant addition besides Rosalina , was totally Toadette. Dry Bowser Returning is nothing but dissapointing and the Sprixie is just here to say 'hello' like Adele , and Goodbye in the next game.

And more importantly , the gameplay is just... Inferior to Power Tennis , a gamecube game. That says alot about Nintendo and Camelot at the moment.
More like a updated version of Power tour. If they bring back some gameplay from Power Tennis like power shots, then I think that Ultra smash may be as close to Power Tennis. Too late, though however. Never played Power tour, but I saw the gameplay and it was dull.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Truthfully, Mario Power Tennis was probably the best Mario Tennis installment, all thanks to the Power Shots, and various gimmick courts.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
More like a updated version of Power tour. If they bring back some gameplay from Power Tennis like power shots, then I think that Ultra smash may be as close to Power Tennis. Too late, though however. Never played Power tour, but I saw the gameplay and it was dull.
i think you misread what i typed (?) :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The Dry Bowser/Bowser. Jr trailer seems to be showing some weird gimmick where the court colour/pattern changes. Is this something we already knew about?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

The Dry Bowser/Bowser. Jr trailer seems to be showing some weird gimmick where the court colour/pattern changes. Is this something we already knew about?
As far as I know, nope. It's perhaps in that thing remplacing the tournament mode, to play on every "courts" in one game.
Doesn't seem important tho, from what's seeable, just aesthetics changes.
But I may be wrong...

Also, where's Rosalina's trailer? Daisy got announced with Waluigi, Bowser Jr. with Dry Bowser, and I suppose Toadette with Sprixie Princess...?
No Rosie trailer? :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^Rosalina's trailer was...well, that video she was revealed in, I think.

I'm pretty sure she's the "star" (no pun intended) character for a lot of people anyway, considering how I've seen many people, here and elsewhere, consider buying it just for her. Haven't really seen that with the other characters.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
^Rosalina's trailer was...well, that video she was revealed in, I think.

I'm pretty sure she's the "star" (no pun intended) character for a lot of people anyway, considering how I've seen many people, here and elsewhere, consider buying it just for her. Haven't really seen that with the other characters.
Ah, you may be surprised. I've seen people wanting the game because of Dry Bowser, despite him being... you know... what Sprixie Princess could become one day. A useless character showing in random games, but still loved by some people.

Also admit it: the pun was intended :smash:
I like it though

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
While Rosalina will be the only character I'll be playing as in the game, I'm getting the game just for the hell of it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I once read a really weird fanfiction where Rosalina was apparently dead and buried in a grave and it was raining, and Dry Bowser and Toadette were talking about her. Toadette is basically mourning, but Dry Bowser is going on about how he hates her and is glad she's dead, and then goes on talking about why he hates her, which is ultimately for stupid and petty reasons. However, the authour notes that Dry Bowser is essentially representing himself, so he's really expressing his own hate for the character through another character in a fanfic.

That just came to mind seeing Dry Bowser and Rosalina in the same sentence. People can say what they will about the Rosalina fanbase, but objectively speaking, the hatedom is far creepier.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing Bowser Jr. play tennis while riding on the Koopa Clown Car just screams "lazy". He has shown to be able to play tennis without any kind of technology (except for his magic paintbrush of course), so it just looks very stupid for him to be turning lazy in sports titles as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Seeing Bowser Jr. play tennis while riding on the Koopa Clown Car just screams "lazy". He has shown to be able to play tennis without any kind of technology (except for his magic paintbrush of course), so it just looks very stupid for him to be turning lazy in sports titles as well.
It's a Smash tie-in. As well as an NSMB tie-in.

At this point, he's more known for the Clown Car and the mechs than the paintbrush.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The Paint Brush thingy was a nod to Sunshine , his debut game IIRC.

Not to mention they even had him with the bandana on his mouth , and now he is over it.

Is kinda bad considering that , even during Super Mario Sluggers they used the paint brush as something unique to him.

The Koopa clown car is not as unique.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Paint Brush thingy was a nod to Sunshine , his debut game IIRC.

Not to mention they even had him with the bandana on his mouth , and now he is over it.

Is kinda bad considering that , even during Super Mario Sluggers they used the paint brush as something unique to him.

The Koopa clown car is not as unique.
Truthfully, I find that the only reason why Smash 4 Bowser Jr. got the Koopa Clown Car treatment was so that the Koopalings can be shoehorned into the game. And the stupid part of the dilemma is that the Koopalings are able to use the Shadow Mario Paint Final Smash, which really shouldn't be happening; only Bowser Jr. utilized the Shadow Mario disguise in a mainstream Mario series title.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr. is also 'lazy' in Sticker Star. COME DOWN AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN DIMWIT!

By the way, long time no see. How are you guys?

I'm moving to a new house myself, and my family isn't exactly the fastest to set up a new net. I'm still using my phone right here.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Correction: He also lets the car play tennis for him.
That's lazy.

Rosa at least holds a tennis racket while floating around without any effort.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Bowser Jr. is also 'lazy' in Sticker Star. COME DOWN AND FIGHT ME LIKE A MAN DIMWIT!

By the way, long time no see. How are you guys?

I'm moving to a new house myself, and my family isn't exactly the fastest to set up a new net. I'm still using my phone right here.
Doin' alright. Just chillin'

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
i think you misread what i typed (?) :p
Oh no. I read what you type XD I just care more about gameplay. The new characters, but Rosalina don't mean much to me. The baby Mario bros would had been better choices to put out on the field.

Edit: By the way, Happy Halloween.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oh no. I read what you type XD I just care more about gameplay. The new characters, but Rosalina don't mean much to me. The baby Mario bros would had been better choices to put out on the field.

Edit: By the way, Happy Halloween.
And a Happy Halloween to you too, man. Any chance you'll be getting lots of candy this year?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is there a Rosa chat group on Skype/Discord or somewhere?
There is one on both.

The Discord one was set up because of alleged drama or something in the Skype group so you should probably go with that. It also has sub groups for different things, like MU discussions and what not.

Talk to @Nadeko Sengoku about joining it, they're the one who set it up.

-------------------

Truly, this is a victorious day. :V

----------------

So there's this screenshot that is confusing me:

People keep saying Rosalina has a zipper on the back of her outfit, but I seriously can't see it at all. Am I the only one missing it or is everybody else being silly?

Also another cool GIF:

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I once read a really weird fanfiction where Rosalina was apparently dead and buried in a grave and it was raining, and Dry Bowser and Toadette were talking about her. Toadette is basically mourning, but Dry Bowser is going on about how he hates her and is glad she's dead, and then goes on talking about why he hates her, which is ultimately for stupid and petty reasons. However, the authour notes that Dry Bowser is essentially representing himself, so he's really expressing his own hate for the character through another character in a fanfic.

That just came to mind seeing Dry Bowser and Rosalina in the same sentence. People can say what they will about the Rosalina fanbase, but objectively speaking, the hatedom is far creepier.
I didn't read that fanfic, but I heard about it. I remember them saying that Dry Bowser, personified through the author, caused Rosalina to kill herself because of his hatred towards her. It's just so dumb that reading it wouldn't be worth my time and I've already been given the jist of it. The hatedom is so despicable.
Rosalina on the tennis court is always such a treat to the viewers, but it must be a better experience for Slender Toad. Being mere feet away from the presence of an elegant goddess-like being and all.

I don't see a zipper, and I'm not sure if they even wanted to go into enough detail to add one. Also, it's hard to tell if she has nail polish on or even finger nails for that matter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually, I think I see what people are talking about now:

See the little line sticking out from her hair shadow? I think that's what people are talking about. I thought it was a random bit of shading though.

Also another GIF:

She has one wide swing.

Also, it's hard to tell if she has nail polish on or even finger nails for that matter.
She has the nail polish.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So i guess the panty shots returned ... yes , they were in Mario Tennis Open.

Sigh , at least Daisy won't suffer from this ... this thing.
They're not panty shots with Rosalina because she's wearing pantyhose that completely cover up her legs.

That being said, it would seem as if she's not even wearing panties to begin with if she's wearing those and you can't see any panties through them..

I always had the headcanon she didn't wear any but I guess it's canon now. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom