• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well they were suppoused to be related anyway , so it's easy to see something in there.

Anyway.

Everyone has a opinion and have their own favorite character shipping. People base their favorite character shipping up to their liking and preference. Mario & Peach for example, not everybody ships that couple or has to. Instead, some fans like ship Peach to Marth or Link while Mario being shipped to Samus or Dasiy. Like I said, everybody has their own shipping based on preference, liking, disliking, or being neutral other than official/unoffical.

I rather keep Yoshi & Birdo single because I used to think that couple is ok, but now I think that they should be single, now.
:4mario:&:4peach:: Good couple & one of my favorite shippings, but second though.
Luigi & Daisy: To me, people keep forcing them to a couple.
:4luigi:&:rosalina:: Disagree all you want, but they're my favorite shipping. I don't love them becuase of official/unoffical, but because I see them as a great them, similar personality(not much though), and my favorite characters.
:4falcon:&:4zss:: Powerful and amazing couple to me in smash.
Thess are my opinions and preference so if you disagree, ok then. However, it won't change my preference.
I totally don't care or have a problem with that , even if they are ''smash couples'' like from different series and such.

Point is that , for Rosalina (we are talking about Rosalina) nobody seems to be qualified , as for example Luigi is a coward , clumsy , funny and even so he is still heroic. Meahnwhile Rosalina is serious , classy , mature , motherly (galaxy only) ; a total upside down.

Shipping Captain Falcon and Zamus seems rather ... odd? I see more of Zamus personality reflected in a character like Snake more.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Everyone has a opinion and have their own favorite character shipping. People base their favorite character shipping up to their liking and preference. Mario & Peach for example, not everybody ships that couple or has to. Instead, some fans like ship Peach to Marth or Link while Mario being shipped to Samus or Dasiy. Like I said, everybody has their own shipping based on preference, liking, disliking, or being neutral other than official/unoffical.

I rather keep Yoshi & Birdo single because I used to think that couple is ok, but now I think that they should be single, now.
:4mario:&:4peach:: Good couple & one of my favorite shippings, but second though.
Luigi & Daisy: To me, people keep forcing them to a couple.
:4luigi:&:rosalina:: Disagree all you want, but they're my favorite shipping. I don't love them becuase of official/unoffical, but because I see them as a great them, similar personality(not much though), and my favorite characters.
:4falcon:&:4zss:: Powerful and amazing couple to me in smash.
Thess are my opinions and preference so if you disagree, ok then. However, it won't change my preference.
I also remember there were some fanart that ship Samus to Little Mac.

And I respect your thought, but I think Rosalina should be with nobody.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina will always be an independent woman in my eyes. She definitely looks like someone who has no interest in going out with anybody.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Well they were suppoused to be related anyway , so it's easy to see something in there.

Anyway.

I totally don't care or have a problem with that , even if they are ''smash couples'' like from different series and such.

Point is that , for Rosalina (we are talking about Rosalina) nobody seems to be qualified , as for example Luigi is a coward , clumsy , funny and even so he is still heroic. Meahnwhile Rosalina is serious , classy , mature , motherly (galaxy only) ; a total upside down.

Shipping Captain Falcon and Zamus seems rather ... odd? I see more of Zamus personality reflected in a character like Snake more.
Well, I think CF and Samus look great, together. Samus & Shake, ok I guess, but I'm not a fan of that couple so your choice if you like them or think they're good together.

Like I said, everybody has a opinion or their own preference. As long as they don't shove things to our faces like overrate crap, then anybody can express whatever they like. I know not everyone want or need to ship Rosalina with anybody, I respect that and don't have any problems with it; But also, other fans(good ones) that ship Rosalina with someone won't care much about official/unoffical since they like that character with the other and sees them as a good couple.
I also remember there were some fanart that ship Samus to Little Mac.

And I respect your thought, but I think Rosalina should be with nobody.
Thanks. I respect your as well. Yup, I look up some before on Deviantart and some look great and funny. The couple looks ok, but not up to my interest. Samus also looks great with Ike and some of the artwork look good and hilarious so far.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
*Continues my drawing from last night*
*Finishes it*
*Sees Rosalina shippings being in topic*

How funny.

And before I get a Grand Star in my face, I respect every opinions regarding this topic. This is just my opinion, nothing more.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
*Finishes it*

How funny.

And before I get a Grand Star in my face, I respect every opinions regarding this topic. This is just my opinion, nothing more.
Its my favorite couple too. Nice drawing.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I've never been too much in shipping for her, I think that she's too lonely and solitary to have one, that is, her background always refrains her no matter how she doesn't show it.
In order for something as shipping happens, there needs to be someone that makes her overthrow that, wich isnn't easy at all considered the caraterization of several characters of the Mario Universe.
One istance of a character could be:
Put that the world or the dimension in wich Rosalina born does no more exist, as she had to forsake everything in order to accept her role.
Imagine that she is not the first of these guardians, and that, at a certain point, one of them, awakens from his prisony, since he used black cosmic magic and couldn't just be killed, now Rosalina has to definitively kill him no matter what he is for her. There you have a character that Rosalina can ship with, as he's closer to her than anyone else.
As a justification of there being multiple "guardians", you can say that the dimension/world just gets destroyed and recreated everytime, and that its existence denies the one of the Mario's one, and vice versa

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
I like how she gets different angles on her animations depending on which side of the character select screen she's on.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I like how she gets different angles on her animations depending on which side of the character select screen she's on.

Are there any moment that Rosalina doesn't float? I think her big advantage in Mario Tennis is that she doesn't need to run.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
That's fine, but calm down XD Its his opinion. If he likes the couple and ships it, then let him. If he gets attacked by anti-Rosalina shippers, then so beat it.
Notice how I didn't say that was wrong to do it. I loathe (and all those verbs) the idea of shipping Rosalina with someone, that's it. Regarding others' opinion, I have to say I don't care at all. They do whatever they want, I'm not a lecture giver or a leader of opinions. And my first sentence was just a joke xD

Are there any moment that Rosalina doesn't float? I think her big advantage in Mario Tennis is that she doesn't need to run.
Well, err... during an animation or...? Because she stops floating when the opponent gets a point, and also when she's violently hurt by the ball. But these happened during animations.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Yo, we shipping talk now?

:4ganondorf: x :4palutena: is the OTP, despite the fact it doesn't make sense :p
Eh, I've seen it enough times for me to be alright with it.

Problem: I've seen them ONLY in words. I cannot. effing. imagine. Ganon. in love.

Oh. Wait. I already did see one pic of Ganon x Mewtwo :p.

Notice how I didn't say that was wrong to do it. I loathe (and all those verbs) the idea of shipping Rosalina with someone, that's it. Regarding others' opinion, I have to say I don't care at all. They do whatever they want, I'm not a lecture giver or a leader of opinions. And my first sentence was just a joke xD

Well, err... during an animation or...? Because she stops floating when the opponent gets a point, and also when she's violently hurt by the ball. But these happened during animations.
Hurt by the ball? Does this happen when you stand in front of the ball and do nothing? I'm sorry, but I never played Mario Tennis.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You don't get hurt by the ball but if you hit a ball that came at you really hard, you suffer recoil and slide back. Rosalina stops floating when she does this and slides back like some anime character.

Also, if the ball hits a character's body, they will deflect it. Rosalina hits it away with her arm I think. But that's called a "Body Shot" and is considered a foul.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Eh, I've seen it enough times for me to be alright with it.

Problem: I've seen them ONLY in words. I cannot. effing. imagine. Ganon. in love.

Oh. Wait. I already did see one pic of Ganon x Mewtwo :p.

Hurt by the ball? Does this happen when you stand in front of the ball and do nothing? I'm sorry, but I never played Mario Tennis.
I knew I should have write it otherwise. It's when she hit a strong shot, she is sent back by the force and has to stop floating not to go too far.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
This place seems nice to hang out in, so I'll stick around as long as THAT doesn't happen again.

So I have a Rosalina amiibo coming today, is that one flimsy or good quality? And what are the chances of a Mario Wave 2 amiibo? I want a Daisy one to go with it!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This place seems nice to hang out in, so I'll stick around as long as THAT doesn't happen again.

So I have a Rosalina amiibo coming today, is that one flimsy or good quality? And what are the chances of a Mario Wave 2 amiibo? I want a Daisy one to go with it!
It kinda varies. I hear a lot of people complain that she feels flimsy, mainly around the neck, and I have seen some Rosalina Amiibos with bent wands. However, my OoB Rosalina Amiibo (I have two NiB ones) is perfectly sturdy and her neck won't move unless I force it (which can be done with more or less any toy). Her wand, while flexible (all pointy objects like swords, wands, and staves on these things, are flexible for child safety reasons), stays perfectly straight unless it's forced. I would also like to note that I have accidentally dropped my OoB Rosalina before, sometimes on hard surfaces, and she's totally unscathed. Nothing is displaced and she has no marks.

It also kinda varies for her overall quality. When you get a good Rosalina Amiibo, she's easily one of the best looking figures, and this applies to my OoB Rosalina, who I honestly think is one of the best Rosalina Amiibo models out there:

I got my OoB Rosalina Amiibo around launch, and this picture was taken the other day, when Mewtwo released. As you can see, she's still in really good condition, and is a perfect looking model.

However, my NiB copies that I got over the Summer, are not quite as good looking. They still look just fine from a distance, but their necks do seem slanted a little bit and I think their faces look a bit dull (like they are expressionless, while my OoB one has the little smile and her eyes look focused, like the render). One of them has it's hair mold placed up a bit too high too, making her forehead look a little larger than it should. I also think they are slanted on the stand a little. They also have bits of gold paint from the earrings on the face, neck, and gown (one of them also has a mark on her neck, makes it look like she got a hickey from some other feisty Amiibo :V).

So yeah, Rosalina's Amiibo quality kinda varies. Hope you get a good quality model.

As for Super Mario Wave 2, it's never been officially said there will be be one, but Mario Party 10 has in-game Super Mario Amiibo models for Wario, DK, and Rosalina, so it's long been anticipated there would be a Wave 2 with those three. And Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has Amiibo functionality similar to Smash Bros, which makes people think there might be even more characters to come as Super Mario Amiibo, such as Daisy and Waluigi. However, nothing has been officially said by Nintendo.

It could happen but considering how they teased us with the Wario, DK, and Rosalina ones a while ago, I honestly wouldn't say it's a sure thing, even though it seems like a no-brainer.

------------

It's officially been 8 years since Rosalina first started ruining our lives because she is too good. :V

Happy Birthday/Anniversary, Mama!

Oh, and let's not forget the Lumas too!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina will always be an independent woman in my eyes. She definitely looks like someone who has no interest in going out with anybody.
I still remember that one story that I made up, where Rosalina and Yoshi had a successful date, while Ridley's date with Samus was nothing but a disaster for him.

You don't get hurt by the ball but if you hit a ball that came at you really hard, you suffer recoil and slide back. Rosalina stops floating when she does this and slides back like some anime character.

Also, if the ball hits a character's body, they will deflect it. Rosalina hits it away with her arm I think. But that's called a "Body Shot" and is considered a foul.
Last I've checked, if a player gets hit in the face by the tennis ball, then the point goes to his/her opponent. Or at least, that's what happened in Mario Power Tennis; for example, if Mario hits the tennis ball, and it hits Waluigi's face, then Mario automatically gets the point.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^That's what I meant when I said a Body Shot is considered a foul. Fouls sometimes result in a free point for your opponent in sports.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I still remember that one story that I made up, where Rosalina and Yoshi had a successful date, while Ridley's date with Samus was nothing but a disaster for him.

Last I've checked, if a player gets hit in the face by the tennis ball, then the point goes to his/her opponent. Or at least, that's what happened in Mario Power Tennis; for example, if Mario hits the tennis ball, and it hits Waluigi's face, then Mario automatically gets the point.
Exactly , this happens even in Mario Tennis 64

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Isn't hurt by ball considered foul?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
^That's what I meant when I said a Body Shot is considered a foul. Fouls sometimes result in a free point for your opponent in sports.
Too bad the game itself never actually calls it a foul. But it does notify the player that when serving, the ball has to bounce once before the receiver can hit it. Similarly, in a doubles match, the game notifies the player that only the character that's furthest from the net is allowed to return the serve.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I remember you posting something like that around Valentine's Day along with some pics to go along with it. Charming.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Another Rosalina gameplay video from Ultra Smash.

I don't think there is really anything GIF worthy or anything in this one though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Heh , as much i want to be hyped for the game , it's not working.

Just played MT64 a while ago , and it's really something else , even the music is superior.

Now that i played that game , i must say that Rosie's voice in this game heavily reminds me of Daisy's in Mario Tennis 64 (R.I.P. Kate Flemming)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Another Rosalina gameplay video from Ultra Smash.

I don't think there is really anything GIF worthy or anything in this one though.
Why? Because Rosa didn't play well in this video?
And what does your new avatar mean? Who's birthday is it?

And off topic I recently register a League of Legends NA account, and my laptop seems to unable to install the game. I already register a Taiwan account at September, I only play it with my college friends, and I am only interested to this game in English not in Chinese...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why? Because Rosa didn't play well in this video?
And what does your new avatar mean? Who's birthday is it?

And off topic I recently register a League of Legends NA account, and my laptop seems to unable to install the game. I already register a Taiwan account at September, I only play it with my college friends, and I am only interested to this game in English not in Chinese...
Nah there just isn't really any new animations of her or angles or anything like that.

And it's Rosalina & Luma's birthday!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How is November 1 their birthday? The correct word should probably be "anniversary" in this case.
It's the same thing really. Some people say Anniversary, some people say Birthday. It's the day they made their debut, in any case, and that's something I feel like celebrating a small bit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They are literally putting everyone else into the RPGs before they will put in Rosalina at this rate. :c

Also I saw this on /r/amiibo and thought it was cool.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Happy Anniversary/Birthday Super Mario Galaxy, Rosalina, and Lumas!
*Finishes it*

How funny.

D'aaaaww that's adorable.
OMG I can't find that gif anywhere! I love Rosalina's head tilt animation so freaking much! I wish Ultra Smash was given unique animations for the characters like these. Rosalina's head tilt is simply Cute. Cute! CUTE! CUTE!!! CUUUUUUUUUTTTEEE!!!!!
Nah, man. This is the perfect ship right here.
:4ganondorf:x :rosalina:
Ganondorf is too cool to be hanging around with strippers. :cool:
O U :chuckle:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

They are literally putting everyone else into the RPGs before they will put in Rosalina at this rate. :c

Also I saw this on /r/amiibo and thought it was cool.

I think Rosalina will show up sooner than later.
They've put her in Mario Kart as soon as they could, Mario Golf as soon as they could, even tried to get Rosalina in the next availible Mario Tennis game, failed and then put her lil Star Buddy in and she even stars as a newcomer in the first Smash Bros. Nintendo could put her in.

As for Nabbit, I like that he's getting more exposure.
It shows that Rosalina and the Galaxy Gang weren't one time deals as far as recently debuted mainstays.

But since the topic's at hand now, what do you think that Rosalina's role might be/will be in Paper Jam?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I think Rosalina will show up sooner than later.
They've put her in Mario Kart as soon as they could, Mario Golf as soon as they could, even tried to get Rosalina in the next availible Mario Tennis game, failed and then put her lil Star Buddy in and she even stars as a newcomer in the first Smash Bros. Nintendo could put her in.

As for Nabbit, I like that he's getting more exposure.
It shows that Rosalina and the Galaxy Gang weren't one time deals as far as recently debuted mainstays.

But since the topic's at hand now, what do you think that Rosalina's role might be/will be in Paper Jam?
I doubt that she will appear in the games on the basis that RPG's are more story driven and story wise, she is sailing around the universe in her observatory for 100 years. The sports/kart games add her due to being a cool character and not being story driven to begin with, and she appears post game in 3D world (and if you want to get really technical Bowser's Inside Story shows that pipes are not physically connected so the Sprixie Kingdom could be in another Galaxy that she happened to be flying by). Unless the RPG's plot is on the level of galactic proportions, I don't see her appearing.

Hypothetically if she were to appear however, she would probably say that her Lumas got scattered in a similar manner to Toads, give you a bunch of über hard side quests for collecting them in an equally similar manner, then give your the best weapons/armor/special ability in the game as rewards.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, Super Paper Mario's story was on a similar scale to the Galaxy games, in that the entire universe was at stake (Bleck was trying to wipe every dimension clean or something to that effect). I think if the next Paper Mario did something like that again, Rosalina would easily factor in as a party member or summon or at least as a plot important NPC.

However, Rosalina could still fit in without that. She has her Cosmic Spirit projection that could be used to visit Mario from afar. Maybe she sends him info or maybe it can be summoned for battles. And as post game content, Rosalina could warp Mario to the Observatory or something where Rosalina provides gateways for him to go questing in some super hard dungeons or something.

I don't think she will be in Paper Jam at this rate since I think they would have shown that off by now. If she's in it and they just aren't showing her, that means Paper Jam must take some kind of twist late game where you go into space, or she is part of post-game content.

Also note that in Galaxy 2, Rosalina and Mario do get to meet again, it's just not anywhere near the Mushroom Kingdom. Rosalina also sends her Cosmic Spirit projection to help Mario when he's stuck in that game, too. And while it's non-canon I guess, Rosalina is once again found in the Grand Master Galaxy in Galaxy 2 in the game's final mission, and provides him with a Power Star. Then she decides to hang out on Lubba's ship.

I know that the Comet Observatory is supposed to only pass by the Mushroom Kingdom's planet every 100 years, but that seems to only be because Rosalina makes it a point to only visit the Gateway Planet every 100 years, which happens to be near the Mushroom Kingdom's planet. She could still potentially go specifically to the Mushroom Kingdom if she felt there was a need to do so. Like, for example, if a being who could threaten the planet was coming that way. Rosalina could come to the Mushroom Kingdom to warn or even evacuate everyone while she takes care of it or something (and in an RPG, that means Mario and the crew could join her and it would be a big boss fight).

However, the simplest way to implement Rosalina into an RPG regardless of context, is as part of some sort of Luma fetch quest, similar to what's being done with Paper Toads in Paper Jam. Heck, I could see Paper Lumas being in it, and you return them to the Paper Rosalina. They could come up with a funny excuse for it, like she is really bad at finding things because she is made out of paper and has hair covering her eye, giving her really poor depth perception. When it comes to Paper Rosalina, they can take some humourous liberties with the character. Another idea, which I think fits in really well with the tone of Paper Mario, is to make Paper Rosalina really meta and sardonic, saying things like "I COULD find the Lumas by myself in the blink of an eye...in fact, I could probably fix every problem in the universe too without much effort...but then all of you guys would have nothing to do. So instead, I will sit here and do nothing so you have something to do!".

---------------

Anyway, here's a little thing I did to celebrate Rosalina & Luma's birthday:

Full album here:
http://imgur.com/a/SZz9c

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hard to believe it's been 8 years since Rosalina made her first big entrance...and I've known her for only 4 years.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Way too fast if you ask me.

ChikoLad ChikoLad Hey where did you get her Mario Golf animation gif you posted above? I'm thinking about putting that as my signature.
I just googled "rosalina gif" I think, but it comes from a tumblr blog called "afantasybasedonreality", who upload gifs of lots of games and characters, and they have a bunch of Rosalina ones.

If you want to use it for your signature, just save it to your computer and upload it to your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom