• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was bored so I took some images from that GameXplain video. Mostly midblinks.

Also this as I thought it'd be a cool GIF to have.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I hope Nintendo announces that they will add more content to it for free overtime, like they do with Splatoon.

It worked out really well for Splatoon so they could really save this game if they did that. Because Splatoon was just as bad at launch, if not worse.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried to play around with the Rosalina model from the Model's Resource, but it seems that the model gets messed up if you try to import it into BrawlBox. Not much I can do about that, since I've never been very good with model hacks during my hacking career for the Wii.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
What I don't get is why the Smash Wii U models from there come up as having like, tons of different faces and variations of body parts, rather than just having rigged mouths/eyes. It's an incredibly awkward way to work with models.

I know that's just how Sakurai's team did it (models in Smash don't have smooth facial animation and what not, they just kind of switch faces most of the time...I always though some characters at least looked like they had better animation on the victory screens, at least, Rosalina included).

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Got the cutest shirt for my birthday today.

Edit: Imgur totally butchered their mobile app
Edit 2.0: Thanks a bunch for the birthday wishes guys ^__^:rosalina:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I've seen that artwork before...

Edit: Urgh, I just want to say my phone is just one of the worst smartphone EVER. Keyboard will suddenly disappear when typing this on Chrome. Chrome sometimes even goes black and then returns to home screen slowly...
And even I edit this post and saved, when I want to edit again, it was still in the original post which my text was unfinished... even right now typing this Smashboad page still hasn't fully load.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Wow that's adorably awesome. Happy birthday!

Hey guys, do you ever get so tired of certain Mario Maker levels just because they always start you from the beginning? Well, we're finally getting checkpoints. Something that many levels desperately needed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wow that's adorably awesome. Happy birthday!

Hey guys, do you ever get so tired of certain Mario Maker levels just because they always start you from the beginning? Well, we're finally getting checkpoints. Something that many levels desperately needed.
At least we know they may support Mario Maker going forward.

This should have been part of a direct though.

That special cover plate is also coming out internationally.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
At least we know they may support Mario Maker going forward.

This should have been part of a direct though.

That special cover plate is also coming out internationally.

A Direct is needed since a lot of time. Nintendo's muteness lasts since Mr. Iwata's death. His death sure was hard to handle for them and for us, but they have to communicate about their projects anyhow.

That cover plate is beautiful, I like it a lot.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A Direct is needed since a lot of time. Nintendo's muteness lasts since Mr. Iwata's death. His death sure was hard to handle for them and for us, but they have to communicate about their projects anyhow.

Rosalina is on the bottom left corner...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I'm afraid that Iwata's passing means the end of Nintendo Directs altogether, because he's been like the main host for them.

Anyway, on the topic of Super Mario Maker's next update, some of my 32 uploaded courses could really use the checkpoint flag, as it appears that a good portion of my courses have been receiving very low clear rates.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Okay sorry for the empty message, edited.

Rosalina is on the bottom left corner...
That's mainly why I find it beautiful :3 (also because Palutena-sama).

I'm afraid that Iwata's passing means the end of Nintendo Directs altogether, because he's been like the main host for them.

Anyway, on the topic of Super Mario Maker's next update, some of my 32 uploaded courses could really use the checkpoint flag, as it appears that a good portion of my courses have been receiving very low clear rates.
You think so, even with Nintendo stating Nintendo Directs will go on? It's true it'll totally change the atmosphere without Mr. Iwata, but that's their main way of communication, social websites coming after.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo already confirmed Directs will continue.

TBH I don't think we will see one until January at this point, as a lot of the things they have announced recently seem like they would have been good for a Direct. Unless they have a whole bunch of stuff yet to announce for the holidays, which I doubt.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I've seen that artwork before...

Edit: Urgh, I just want to say my phone is just one of the worst smartphone EVER. Keyboard will suddenly disappear when typing this on Chrome. Chrome sometimes even goes black and then returns to home screen slowly...
And even I edit this post and saved, when I want to edit again, it was still in the original post which my text was unfinished... even right now typing this Smashboad page still hasn't fully load.
I have the same problem when using a phone as well, Smashboards is basically unusable on a phone now for me, meaning after today, I won't be able to use Smashboards anywhere near as often as I do since today is my last day of school.

I miss home internet.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No way, Nintendo already say Nintendo Directs will continue.

I have the same problem when using a phone as well, Smashboards is basically unusable on a phone now for me, meaning after today, I won't be able to use Smashboards anywhere near as often as I do since today is my last day of school.

I miss home internet.
Probably it's because Smashboards doesn't have mobile version, most major websites will automatically change to mobile version which usually goes well on my phone.
Skype is also totally wrecked on my phone for now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Well she bewitches me alright.

I'm surprised they didn't use Ashley for that one though. Then again, they were probably going for really well known characters and Rosalina is the closest they have.

Now they need to give her official Halloween artwork dressed as a witch. It was everyone's headcanon she would dress as one anyway.

Also now Rosalina is officially 2spoopy5me

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

Like the others said, Nintendo Directs will continue. It's confirmed.

Some of your levels, especially the Bowser ones, could use a checkpoint. Then maybe I'll finally be able to beat level 4-4. Apparently only 1 person beat that level.

Edit:

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some of your levels, especially the Bowser ones, could use a checkpoint. Then maybe I'll finally be able to beat level 4-4. Apparently only 1 person beat that level.
That's the baffling part for me, since I've seen courses that are a lot harder than my own work, but I guess the lack of expert players can play a factor in all of this.

Anyway, the main drawback with updating your courses is that you can't keep the comments that were given to your older revision courses. Also, the course IDs have to be different between revisions.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Well she bewitches me alright.
Reminds me that in Japanse Palutena's Guidance, Palutena refers Rosalina as a witch, and then Viridi corrects her by saying: "Well, if she's a witch, so are you and Zelda" (ah excuse the order of the words :urg:) (but notice Viridi comparing Zelda/Palutena/Rosalina)
So, in the West Rosalina could be described as a witch (your image) and could be the Cosmic Spirit, while in Japan she's absolutely not a witch and absolutely not the Cosmic Spirit (Assistance Witch being the Cosmic Spirit's Japanese name)?
... Or Palutena just mistook Rosalina for her Cosmic Apparition?
It intrigues me, I have to say. I used to be sure she was the Cosmic Spirit, but since that Guidance, I doubt it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Like the others said, Nintendo Directs will continue. It's confirmed.

Edit:
Let's just hope it will come soon. November I guess?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Reminds me that in Japanse Palutena's Guidance, Palutena refers Rosalina as a witch, and then Viridi corrects her by saying: "Well, if she's a witch, so are you and Zelda" (ah excuse the order of the words :urg:) (but notice Viridi comparing Zelda/Palutena/Rosalina)
So, in the West Rosalina could be described as a witch (your image) and could be the Cosmic Spirit, while in Japan she's absolutely not a witch and absolutely not the Cosmic Spirit (Assistance Witch being the Cosmic Spirit's Japanese name)?
... Or Palutena just mistook Rosalina for her Cosmic Apparition?
It intrigues me, I have to say. I used to be sure she was the Cosmic Spirit, but since that Guidance, I doubt it.
I don't think Rosalina is literally a witch, at least not in the typical sense of the word. She uses magic but her magic is never described as being "witchcraft" (even though I guess it is). I think the use of her in that Halloween promotion is just a bit of fun. Though she does actually bewitch people sometimes, like taking control of Mario's mind through her Cosmic Spirit (I've always considered it to be either a clone created by Rosalina herself, due to the genuine wand and other accessories, or some kind of "projection" - possibly an astral projection? That'd fit really well with the theme of the character).

Also I never thought to look at the Japanese Palutena's Guidance. I think that further backs up the assertion that Rosalina is a goddess or even something higher than that, if Viridi thinks she's comparable specifically to Palutena and Zelda (Zelda is the reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia, is she not?).

EDIT: HOLY CRAP THIS LOOKS AMAZING I WANT IT

http://gsculpt.tumblr.com/post/132073708351/wip-of-my-next-sculpture-still-lots-of-work-to-do

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I think that further backs up the assertion that Rosalina is a goddess or even something higher than that, if Viridi thinks she's comparable specifically to Palutena and Zelda (Zelda is the reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia, is she not?).
Yes she is, it's why I pointed it out. Viridi compares the Goddess of Light to the reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia to Rosalina.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't think Rosalina is literally a witch, at least not in the typical sense of the word. She uses magic but her magic is never described as being "witchcraft" (even though I guess it is). I think the use of her in that Halloween promotion is just a bit of fun. Though she does actually bewitch people sometimes, like taking control of Mario's mind through her Cosmic Spirit (I've always considered it to be either a clone created by Rosalina herself, due to the genuine wand and other accessories, or some kind of "projection" - possibly an astral projection? That'd fit really well with the theme of the character).

Also I never thought to look at the Japanese Palutena's Guidance. I think that further backs up the assertion that Rosalina is a goddess or even something higher than that, if Viridi thinks she's comparable specifically to Palutena and Zelda (Zelda is the reincarnation of the Goddess Hylia, is she not?).

http://gsculpt.tumblr.com/post/132073708351/wip-of-my-next-sculpture-still-lots-of-work-to-do
Rosalina in a more realistic look? The hair looks nice, but the eyes...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The nose kind of turns me off on that model, but I guess that's because the more realistic look for Rosalina just doesn't really do it for me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Needs some work on the eyes but other than that, realistic is how I prefer.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I really like what they were going for when sculpting the hair. It flows so nicely. The face looks fine to me from that angle. If they claim they still have a lot of work to do, the results will surely blow me away if there's more to it than this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm feeling sick, and I always end up listening to Rosalina related music when I am.

I know we just got the Mario Tennis confirmation but I'm already thirsty for another announcement relating to her. That might be because Mario Tennis looks like a huge let down in pretty much every aspect besides the character portrayals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom