• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, here are my two cents I guess:
Rosalina's voices: I don't really have any strong opinions on the three as I don't have much of a preference for any specific voice actress. They get the job done, sometimes they have their better moments, and I just enjoy Rosalina's voice in general. Like sonicbrawler said, because her VAs keep changing, they don't have as good of an opportunity to improve on their performances like for the other characters.

Mario Tennis: I like having her as a starter. Her addition was pretty much to be expected, and I believe she's the only newcomer that you get from the start in this game. Nintendo does indeed have odd ways of making characters unlockable like with Wario for instance. I hope the game turns out to be excellent and has more features to drag us in. Hoping to pick the game up when I can afford it. Loving the way they've done Rosalina in this game so far with her unique abilities (and that tennis outfit tho), I'm hoping there's more in store to incentivise me to get the game at least by January.

Also I played some more Mario Kart 8, and guess who the VERY LAST character I unlocked was?

Aaaaaaw yeah, saving the best for last!
Rosalina was like the 10th character I unlocked during my progress with playing Mario Kart 8. I don't remember who was my first nor who was my last.
Rosalina's 3D World's voice sounded the best imo, tied with MKW's.
Her voice from the Galaxy games and Mario Kart Wii will always be the best. Her Mario Kart 7, Mario Golf and Smash Bros. voice comes at a close second. I absolutely hate her current voice especially without the echo.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Told you.

It's gonna be terrible. Not getting it at release , that's for sure.
I apologize for the double post. My internet is running slow for some reason and I mistakely press the reply because I did thought it reply.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Usually, I preorder games a month before its release but because Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash doesn't have that much appeal to me, I'm gonna skip on that one and instead just wait until after it comes out.

Saves me the few amounts of money I have left to preorder the Falco amiibo, which I just did.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
???

Then i have to assume you are deaf then?

That has nothing to do with what i said though, If you play as Rosalina and get a Mega mushroom you can clearly still hear her echo and her voice is just a tad deeper and doesn't mess up.

No excuse other than these are clearly reused voices for Mario Kart 8 , a game where Rosalina loses her echo filter.
... Why do you need to be haughty in this conversation? Or if not "haughty", at least "displeasant".

Whatever, I played MK8 one hour ago for example, and except Rosalina's voice, I didn't hear the other characters'! You hear them when you jump at the same time, or when they're close enough when they overtake you.

So, I don't understand the goal of our discussion... Yeah, Ultra Smash has MK8's voice clips that didn't have echo. Is that the end already?

Looks like Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash has become even less appealing with the following information...
Yeah, great... They really could have released it later if they wanted it to be complete... I will hope (free perhaps) DLC may full the game up. I was (and am) gonna buy it whatsoever because I only played the exhibition mode in the Gamecube and can't anymore, but this is ... disappointing. But with hom MP10 turned out, I'm not that surprised I have to say.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
... Why do you need to be haughty in this conversation? Or if not "haughty", at least "displeasant".

Whatever, I played MK8 one hour ago for example, and except Rosalina's voice, I didn't hear the other characters'! You hear them when you jump at the same time, or when they're close enough when they overtake you.

So, I don't understand the goal of our discussion... Yeah, Ultra Smash has MK8's voice clips that didn't have echo. Is that the end already?
Facepalm*

Except i was talking about Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart Wii , Mario Kart Wiiiiii .

Not Mario Kart 8 , but whatever.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
User was warned for this post

So, I don't understand the goal of our discussion... Yeah, Ultra Smash has MK8's voice clips that didn't have echo. Is that the end already?.
Never mind him. That fool takes pleasure in making everyone feel miserable with his sassy arrogant attitude of his, which is clearly something not worth wasting your time with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Where is that info coming from? And if it's from a good source, has it been absolutely confirmed that the build being played is the release build?

Just curious. Wanna make sure I don't be stupid and buy a mediocre game at full price just because Rosalina looks perfect in it.
The info came from someone at neogaf, who responded to one of the GameXplain videos.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can one of you make an album with Rosalina in her tennis outfit please? (if they are high quality I would greatly appreciate it)
Didn't see this. I'll try to do that. 4chan has a lot of images and GIFs of it already, and I have seen some SFW art of it on tumblr (I'm honestly surprised there has been none of the NSFW kind yet).

The info came from someone at neogaf, who responded to one of the GameXplain videos.
I can't find the response. Do you have the link to the neogaf thread (or just the comment I should look for if it's just on the video)?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Never mind him. That fool takes pleasure in making everyone feel miserable with his sassy arrogant attitude of his, which is clearly something not worth wasting your time with.
I take note of that, thanks. By the way, "unpleasant"*, dunno why I wrote "displeasant".

Ah, Lady Rosalina is incredibly beautiful. These white leggings really fit her, Camelot had an amazing idea with it.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
My mom saw my Rosalina amiibo and gave me the stereotypical response people usually say in the internet as a joke(except she was serious)

"Is that the gal from Frozen?"

Aww my mom is so cute when she's being old.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My mom saw my Rosalina amiibo and gave me the stereotypical response people usually say in the internet as a joke(except she was serious)

"Is that the gal from Frozen?"

Aww my mom is so cute when she's being old.
Same what my classmate said back in high school, they ask why I was using Elsa...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uItmkqPYvt4
What a shame...

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In one of the PR releases, it says the Knonkout Challenge mode in Ultra Smash is basically a gauntlet of increasingly difficult matches. All matches start in a tie breaker state (I believe that would be a Deuce?), so they go by much quicker. They are more like mini-matches rather than full ones. I don't know how long it is. It sounds like an endless survival mode rather than a tournament mode.

I am starting to believe most of the content for this game has already been shown. Which is a shame. I really want to be able to play as Rosalina in that outfit, but at the price this game is going for, I really need a bit more.

We still don't know what coins are for, though. They have to unlock SOMETHING... There looks like there would be space for something to the left of the coins too.

Also, what about that option in the bottom left of the menu? The one that says "0/25"?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I saw mariotehplumber's Ultra Smash "review".

It's comedy gold.

Best part was the "I'M ****ING NORMAAAAALLLL!!!!!" part.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

It's comedy gold.

Oh my, yes. I laughed so hard for that xD

We still don't know what coins are for, though. They have to unlock SOMETHING... There looks like there would be space for something to the left of the coins too.

Also, what about that option in the bottom left of the menu? The one that says "0/25"?
Well, buying the unlockable characters with in-game coins, like in MP10. But it's true the 0/25 is a complete mystery for now.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
In one of the PR releases, it says the Knonkout Challenge mode in Ultra Smash is basically a gauntlet of increasingly difficult matches. All matches start in a tie breaker state (I believe that would be a Deuce?), so they go by much quicker. They are more like mini-matches rather than full ones. I don't know how long it is. It sounds like an endless survival mode rather than a tournament mode.

I am starting to believe most of the content for this game has already been shown. Which is a shame. I really want to be able to play as Rosalina in that outfit, but at the price this game is going for, I really need a bit more.

A tie breaker is when both players reach a set point (on game 5 of a best of 3 for example) and at that moment the score is counted from 0 to 6, first to reach 6(or was it 7?) wins the set. I could be remembering incorrectly since it's been yeaaaars since I have been involved in tennis but I think that was it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, buying the unlockable characters with in-game coins, like in MP10. But it's true the 0/25 is a complete mystery for now.
If I were to guess, they're unlockable stamps, but there would have to be an option to make in-game posts though; no in-game posting, no stamp usage.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

It's comedy gold.

"Okaaay I'm gonnaaa ****ing do aaaaa ****ing..." Ah, so he hasn't changed.
"Nintendo's secret fetishes" Yeah, sure.
*implying Rosalina ruined Mario 1* smh.
*discusses the comments* Welcome to the internet, where perverted comments are in abundance.
"I'M ****ING NORMAL!" LOL.
5:45 "ROOOSAAAALIIINAAAAAAAAAA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Imagine Rosalina eventually ends up in a wrestling game?
"-69/10" OK then...
"I am ****ing done with this review as *********** **************** **** ******** ******* ****!!!!!" LOL some more.
This was hilarious. I needed a good laugh this morning. Now for a beautiful Rosalina artwork to freshen up.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Okaaay I'm gonnaaa ****ing do aaaaa ****ing..." Ah, so he hasn't changed.
"Nintendo's secret fetishes" Yeah, sure.
*implying Rosalina ruined Mario 1* smh.
*discusses the comments* Welcome to the internet, where perverted comments are in abundance.
"I'M ****ING NORMAL!" LOL.
5:45 "ROOOSAAAALIIINAAAAAAAAAA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Imagine Rosalina eventually ends up in a wrestling game?
"-69/10" OK then...
"I am ****ing done with this review as *********** **************** **** ******** ******* ****!!!!!" LOL some more.
This was hilarious. I needed a good laugh this morning. Now for a beautiful Rosalina artwork to freshen up.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
It's a good day to be alive, doesn't it?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On today's episode of Waifu Wars, it's Daisy VS Rosalina in a Mega Battle.

Who will prove to be best waifu? Find out here!

:rosalina:"ON YOUR KNEES, MORTAL!"

Also we get a look at her victory wave for the end of the match in motion. :3

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
She is young you know, 4 years old. The first Disney she watched was Frozen and she is in love with Elsa, but she likes Rosalina too.

The irony about that statement, however, is that they don't even look alike to begin with.
Minus the colors, you are totally true.

EDIT:

Ah, so she has two clips for her Mega Mushroom transformation. I prefer the demonical one :3

Strange of Rosalina always waves her hand in the Mario spin-offs. In MP10, it's for her 1st or 2nd place animation, in World Tour, it's when she shoots the babll correctly, and she waves her hand at... the ball? I suppose. And there, it's for the win animation (at least there she waves to the camera, and not to the ball)

Rosalina trying to break the fourth wall.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She is young you know, 4 years old. The first Disney she watched was Frozen and she is in love with Elsa, but she likes Rosalina too.
Many young kids loves Frozen these days... including my young cousin.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

Strange that she has two voice clips when Rosalina grabs the mega mushroom while Dasiy only has one clip after grabbing the mushroom.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Strange that she has two voice clips when Rosalina grabs the mega mushroom while Dasiy only has one clip after grabbing the mushroom.
How so ?

I hear Daisy going all : ''WhoaaahOHhhaa''

And then Rosalina just laughts like : ''Wahahaha'' (funny ''wa'' like waluigi)

Edit: I see what you mean , it's probably for all characters to have multiple quotes for that , but in the video Rosalina was the one who took the Power up twice.

I think it's interesting that they leave the Mushroom effect (the low pitch) if they win the match as Giants , like Rosalina did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom