• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I could but there are other things in Life that I need more. And I have no money.

On a side note, I only have one exam left before I'm finished with School. Its make TAFE Exam, and because of all the hassle involved, I'm not 100% sure what exactly its named. I studied Gaming and App development, but they changed it to Non Atar so we had it learn Information Technology and stuff for trials along with other stuff such as Animation.

I think its called Digital Animation, doesn't matter much since the Trial had alot of General Knowledge stuff and I do know the time and place, its just a lot of Information Technology exams are held at this time for tafe students.
I don't have money either after I got my retro three pack. I might only get one amiibo next month.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I knew Rosalina was gonna be a Power type. Suits her perfectly. Even in Tennis, she exudes a godly presence. That serving animation is too good.
I was more hoping for Rosalina to be a Tricky character, because of her levitation powers. If Rosalina can make the ball levitate, then that can enable her to make powerful curves for her shots that make even Boo jealous.

I don't think there are really official partners this time, but if there can only be one pairing for each character, Sprixie would have to be Rosalina's.

I hope they add Luma as DLC though so he can be her partner.
Yeah the 16 character maximum, along with the character reveals are pretty much a sign that not every character has a "true" pairing. And since the character select screen displays ALL the playable characters, don't expect any more characters to be available without a potential software update; reference Mario Kart 8 if you have to.

Anyway, the only "true" partner pairings that can probably be made are...

Mario + Luigi
Toad + Toadette
Peach + Daisy
Bowser + Bowser Jr.
Wario + Waluigi
Boo + Dry Bowser

That pretty much leaves Rosalina, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and the Green Sprixie Princess without a "true" partner of their own. But I guess alternatively, Toad's partner could be Yoshi, while Toadette's partner is the Green Sprixie Princess, but the only problem is that Toadette has never interacted with the Sprixies before.

To resolve this issue, the following four characters would have to be made into DLC characters...

Luma
Birdo
Diddy Kong
(Yellow, Blue, Orange, Purple, Light Blue, or Red) Sprixie Princess

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't mind her being paired with someone, Waluigi is just an unfitting choice.

I like the idea of her being Mewtwo's Mama though.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My eyes....

Same...

Also I have a question ChikoLad ChikoLad , I recently managed to register a Paypal account without registering credit card number yet. Can I still get money from other user and purchase stuff online? Furthermore, Taiwan Paypal don't accept our bank accounts. And should I pay anything after registering a Paypal account?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Same...

Also I have a question ChikoLad ChikoLad , I recently managed to register a Paypal account without registering credit card number yet. Can I still get money from other user and purchase stuff online? Furthermore, Taiwan Paypal don't accept our bank accounts.
Um, dunno why you're asking me specifically.

I have PayPal but I have linked it to my bank account and verified it and all of that, and I would assume you would need to do that to use it. PayPal is just a medium for getting money from one account to another, as far as I know, and is mainly used for currency exchange.

I could be wrong on that (I'm not the best person to ask as I don't often use PayPal), but I don't see how a PayPal account would even have any use if you couldn't connect a bank account to it.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Um, dunno why you're asking me specifically.

I have PayPal but I have linked it to my bank account and verified it and all of that, and I would assume you would need to do that to use it. PayPal is just a medium for getting money from one account to another, as far as I know, and is mainly used for currency exchange.

I could be wrong on that (I'm not the best person to ask as I don't often use PayPal), but I don't see how a PayPal account would even have any use if you couldn't connect a bank account to it.
Because I know you got to have a Paypal account.
I could go to my local shopping website Ruten that offers Paypal money, it still worries me because I checked and say if you suddenly got money from an unknown source, without persuasive reply, it will lock your account.
And it can connect to a specific bank account, but I don't have any account on that bank.
And do you know that Taiwan Paypal users can't exchange money from other Taiwan users anymore?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't really know anything about how PayPal operates internationally, but it doesn't surprise me that Taiwan would have a restriction like that.

Like I said though, I'm really not the best person to ask about PayPal since I don't use it much. Sorry. :S

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I didn't really know anything about how PayPal operates internationally, but it doesn't surprise me that Taiwan would have a restriction like that.

Like I said though, I'm really not the best person to ask about PayPal since I don't use it much. Sorry. :S
Oh.. I see... that's okay, it's just that this kind of thing I always try to be careful.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Checkout this New 3DS Super Mario Maker faceplate, Rosalina is on the bottom:
Good thing the New Regular is coming to America so everyone can enjoy these face plates.

UUUUUH THIS WAS ON MY YOUTUBE FEED FROM GAMES AND WARIO

WAT
Rosalina sounds like Ross's Sakura Spirit voice.
Don't mind her being paired with someone, Waluigi is just an unfitting choice.

I like the idea of her being Mewtwo's Mama though.

Damn... so jealous I have to wait until the 13th for Mewtwo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

She gives such a modest little wave when she scores (I think that's what these are for).

She's just such a precious diamond. <3

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Her animations are just so freaking good in this game.

So elegant yet savage. That swing could kill someone, like a clean slice of a samurai blade. No wonder she's a Power character.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

She gives such a modest little wave when she scores (I think that's what these are for).

She's just such a precious diamond. <3
Too bad that she's not in a ponytail with that outfit, but doesn't matter. She still look great either way with her beautiful long hair. Maybe if they bring more alternative outfits for Rosalina and Peach, then she can have a ponytail along with her shorts as well.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Too bad that she's not in a ponytail with that outfit, but doesn't matter. She still look great either way with her beautiful long hair. Maybe if they bring more alternative outfits for Rosalina and Peach, then she can have a ponytail along with her shorts as well.
Ponytail is a Peach thing mostly.

Rosalina wearing it , now that she almost stole her dress , would make her look like Peach 2.0.

Better have her hair flowing , looks better on her anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina didn't steal Peach's dress, she tailoured her own signature gown to tennis.

They look really different and I don't know why you'd compare them.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Do you really have to respond to everything i'm saying?

I'm on level 1 on my mood right now , so i will kindly ask you that to stop trying to get a word with me.

I get it , you think one thing , i think the opposite. No big deal.

Also stop pretending that their attires this time are suuuuuuuper different. That's delusional.

They are not. the One with the upper hand here happens to be Daisy since she got her shorts.

I'm going to ask to the public around , to see

Who here thinks that Peach and Rosalina's Dresses are SIMILAR?? (not the same , just similar)

I'm waiting don't worry.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No I don't, because I haven't.

But seriously, this "Peach 2.0" agenda is getting annoying.

Rosalina's sports outfit is a modification of her normal gown.

Same colour scheme.

Similar "flowy" movements to her gown (Peach's doesn't move as dynamically, it's more stiff by comparison).

Same blueish-white strip on the bottom. Even curves upwards at the middle, like her gown does. They also made the bottom more frilly to further distinguish it from Peach's, not that it wouldn't without the frills.

They then added a collar (which has a more distinct look than Peach and Daisy's - their collars both look like flowers, only Daisy's is flat and Peach's sticks upward - Rosalina's doesn't look like a flower, it's more like a cosy pajama collar, which fits the nightgown theme of her normal outfit, and also has the same colour as the top part of her gown that rests on her shoulders), and pantyhose.

The only shared bit she has with Peach is the shoes, but so does Daisy. And shoes are just meant to be practical anyway, they don't need to look unique.

So yeah, Rosalina's outfit is based off her signature gown, not Peach's sports outfit.

To show the process:

Rosalina's normal outfit:

Fan concept for Rosalina sports outfit that is just a short, sleeveless version of her gown with thigh highs and trainers (posting this as a halfway point - I'm NOT saying Camelot took inspiration from this):

Actual sports outfit:

This isn't an opinion. If you can't see how it's literally a short version of her gown from this, then you're just reaching for the Peach comparison. This is objectively what they did.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still feel like Rosalina's tennis outfit should've been long-sleeved instead of sleeveless. I guess it's just a preference thing on my end.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
The thing is, While Rosalina's dress is indeed a sleeveless shorter version of her own, that's also what Peach's dress is in this game so it's easy to see where swiftie is coming from. I also agree that Rosalina looks better without her in a Ponytail.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
No I don't, because I haven't.

But seriously, this "Peach 2.0" agenda is getting annoying.

Rosalina's sports outfit is a modification of her normal gown.

Same colour scheme.

Similar "flowy" movements to her gown (Peach's doesn't move as dynamically, it's more stiff by comparison).

Same blueish-white strip on the bottom. Even curves upwards at the middle, like her gown does. They also made the bottom more frilly to further distinguish it from Peach's, not that it wouldn't without the frills.

They then added a collar (which has a more distinct look than Peach and Daisy's - their collars both look like flowers, only Daisy's is flat and Peach's sticks upward - Rosalina's doesn't look like a flower, it's more like a cosy pajama collar, which fits the nightgown theme of her normal outfit, and also has the same colour as the top part of her gown that rests on her shoulders), and pantyhose.

The only shared bit she has with Peach is the shoes, but so does Daisy. And shoes are just meant to be practical anyway, they don't need to look unique.

So yeah, Rosalina's outfit is based off her signature gown, not Peach's sports outfit.

To show the process:

Rosalina's normal outfit:

Fan concept for Rosalina sports outfit that is just a short, sleeveless version of her gown with thigh highs and trainers (posting this as a halfway point - I'm NOT saying Camelot took inspiration from this):

Actual sports outfit:

This isn't an opinion. If you can't see how it's literally a short version of her gown from this, then you're just reaching for the Peach comparison. This is objectively what they did.
Evidence.Zip :O

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The thing is, While Rosalina's dress is indeed a sleeveless shorter version of her own, that's also what Peach's dress is in this game so it's easy to see where swiftie is coming from. I also agree that Rosalina looks better without her in a Ponytail.

Peach's dress isn't a shorter version of her own, it's just an original outfit. The pattern on it is original and the skirt works differently to her normal outfit.

Even if it was, Peach and Rosalina's normal outfits look totally different anyway.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Peach's old sports dress next to her current version.

And a sleeved version I did make which would make her simlar to White Mage from Sports Mix.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So , it's hilarious that gamespot messed up and revealed the secret characters of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

They re-uploaded the video without the select screen. How stupid can they be?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've heard people saying that the version of Mario Tennis places like GameSpot have is actually a demo version and not the final game. So their could be more characters and what not.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So , it's hilarious that gamespot messed up and revealed the secret characters of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash

They re-uploaded the video without the select screen. How stupid can they be?
Not that it matters now, since the other gaming media (such as GameXplain) would've spilled the beans eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom