• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
GUYS. THE ROSALINA AT THE SHELL SHACK? SHES FLOATINNNGGG!!

she looks slightly chibi-fied, lol

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
HAVE YOU SEEN THE SALT IN THE COMMENTS ALREADY LOLOLOLOLOL

EDIT: http://imgur.com/a/RsAk5
Lots of salt and so much crazy **** in that comment section. The ones like those examples, the lenny face comments, the "Why does she appear in everything?" comments, etc. When I see comments of people saying Rosalina has no personality, I can't get mad because I'm too busy laughing hysterically. The comments get so ridiculous.

So beautiful! I see she's going righty this time. I wonder if all characters will get some kind of ambidexterity implemented? It would be a neat detail.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't know about you guys, but Rosalina is revealed. Flying Rosalina in a sport suit. The dream has come true (I wanted to see her floating with something else as her dress, dunno why though). Her voice seems okay, despite the absence of echo I won't even complain about. I'll look closer at her outfit, cuz the happiness blinded me.

Just Rosalina floating is awesome I find. She's so cool I'm gonna explode, help me.

EDIT: Waa double post, excuse me I thought my first message got posted first :(
YYEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two great news today! Our department just won freshmen costume party 2nd place! And now I returned and saw Rosalina revealed in Mario Tennis!!!

she looks slightly chibi-fied, lol
How about let's search for our previous post that we had talk about her possible designs?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Lots of salt and so much crazy **** in that comment section. The ones like those examples, the lenny face comments, the "Why does she appear in everything?" comments, etc. When I see comments of people saying Rosalina has no personality, I can't get mad because I'm too busy laughing hysterically. The comments get so ridiculous.
And I will wonder what will the HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED-HERE will react...

So beautiful! I see she's going righty this time. I wonder if all characters will get some kind of ambidexterity implemented? It would be a neat detail.
My first impression on her design, elegant, but also feel like she just made her skirt shorter.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oh my god she's wearing soft white leggings and everything
This wasn't expected... But this is awesome.

Also, I've found three artworks. The first one is Maraphy Maraphy 's one. The second one is in the overview trailer, where all the annnounced characters have a ball (Rosalina had to be different by levitating it...).
The third one is the one that appeared at the end of the overview trailer. Found on Tumblr a good version:

Floating Rosalina is best Rosalina

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This wasn't expected... But this is awesome.

Also, I've found three artworks. The first one is Maraphy Maraphy 's one. The second one is in the overview trailer, where all the annnounced characters have a ball (Rosalina had to be different by levitating it...).
The third one is the one that appeared at the end of the overview trailer. Found on Tumblr a good version:

Floating Rosalina is best Rosalina
Looks awesome

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I saw this news of her being in Ultra smash!

She looks so amazing. Her floating and how the HD makes her so pretty!

...But I'm still probably not getting the game. I need to save my money for all the awesome RPGs coming out this winter. Not to mention it seems lacking in content.

It is a little disappointing to see Rosalina now appearing in all these games but the games themselves aren't up to the usual standards of those game. Mario Party 10 and now Ultra Smash.

Granted, I fully accept I could be wrong about Ultra Smash. Might make a decent Christmas present for me at least.

Still, if there is one thing exciting about all this, is that Nintendo is willing to give her some amazing flair. Her floating being a thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Part of me feels like Nintendo was being very lazy with Rosalina's tennis outfit, because it's almost exactly like Peach's and Daisy's tennis outfit, but with different details. At least make her tennis outfit long-sleeved or something, but at least it's collared.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Camelot get all of the kudos with how they treat Rosalina.

>When they couldn't get her into 3DS Tennis, they put in her precious son.
>3DS Golf portrayed her being super motherly with the Lumas, but also super ridiculously powerful, even levitating her golf club because why not. She also sold the DLC for the game.
>Wii U Tennis gives her the sexiest outfit, gives her cute and soft white pantyhose, makes her float around like a boss, and makes her levitate the ball while she serves. She is also a nice balance between her cool, elegant, and badass edge, and her occasional flamboyant sass. We also finally get a good look at her body and she is amazingly fit yet voluptuous, officially debunking the headcanon that she is flat, lanky, and a twig.

I seriously can't wait to see how SEGA and Next Level Games treat her with Rio and Strikers.

Part of me feels like Nintendo was being very lazy with Rosalina's tennis outfit, because it's almost exactly like Peach's and Daisy's tennis outfit, but with different details. At least make her tennis outfit long-sleeved or something, but at least it's collared.
All of the outfits are different though?

Peach has a standard sports dress with patterns on the bottom of it.

Daisy wears a tracksuit with shorts.

Rosalina wears a short version of her normal outfit with a comfy pajama collar and white pantyhose (to make the fact that she is wearing the shortest skirt while having the longest legs a little less inappropriate).

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Camelot makes her levitate the ball while she serves.
I wanted a game where she uses magic without her wand. I've seen people bashing her because "without her wand or the Lumas she would be useless". Now that she uses telekinesis, floats (even though she also did in MP10), transforms the Observatory in Galaxy 2, speaks via telepathy in Galaxy and teleports herself in Smash without her wand, I think I have enough counterarguments on that subject.

This is probably my favourite comment to come out of this reveal on any site.
It really adds to her mysterious personality in fact. Like, she has a really small outfit, but she still has some sort of honour and wears white leggings. Peach and Daisy seems totally childish in front of her. It's not something bad, but it adds more to Rosalina's majesty.

Don't sure about the way I explained it, but I hope you got it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Literally people who don't think Rosalina is the most powerful Nintendo character are just delusional at this point.

When I saw her levitating the ball so non-chalantly like that while floating, I thought of Final Form Sora from KH2.

I now wanna draw Rosalina in that pose but with two tennis rackets floating behind her while levitating her ball.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I find Rosalina's reveal the best thing and the most hilarious one because of this:

I remember when we all were talking about what kind of Sports outfit she would have.

Turns out we were all kinda right :

> Taken From either Peach or Daisy
> She floats

i said normal dress , but floating , others said the copy from Peach or Daisy outfit ; And turns out its a mix of those.

As i predicted MK8 voice clips. There a couple of new/unused ones , like something when she hits the ball or when she growns up she laughts and that's taken from her MK8 reveal trailer but not featured in the game.

and as i said , the lastest trailer so far is Rosalina's reveal.

Now we need a Luma to make a best pair in doubles and is all set!

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
While the amiibo function is cool, I'm a bit concerned it will limit the roster to those with/who will get amiibos, meaning no oddball characters like Larry Koopa or Petey Piranha. Also I'm hoping for flashy special offense and defense shots to be in the game. At this point, I think the only way I'd be tempted to get the game is if a Golden Sun character were added.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
While the amiibo function is cool, I'm a bit concerned it will limit the roster to those with/who will get amiibos, meaning no oddball characters like Larry Koopa or Petey Piranha. Also I'm hoping for flashy special offense and defense shots to be in the game. At this point, I think the only way I'd be tempted to get the game is if a Golden Sun character were added.
Daisy doesn't have an amiibo yet she is still in the game.

I hate in-game functions with amiibo though , especially like MP10 did , totally messed up like Why the hell im not able to play as Waluigi or Daisy???

That was a really ****ed up move even if amiibo mode was trash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that one of the trailers showed four brick blocks that were given different colors. It's probably a guess, but I think red is Diddy Kong, yellow is Bowser Jr., green is Petey Piranha, and purple is Honey Queen.

The reason why I thought that purple is for Honey Queen is because her Birthday Girl kart is colored purple. And of course, these character inputs would make sense when you're taking into account default partners. But I guess alternatively, the Luma would be used instead of Honey Queen.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Daisy doesn't have an amiibo yet she is still in the game.

I hate in-game functions with amiibo though , especially like MP10 did , totally messed up like Why the hell im not able to play as Waluigi or Daisy???

That was a really ****ed up move even if amiibo mode was trash.
I said those with/who will get amiibos, in which I am making the assumption that Daisy, Waluigi, and Boo will get amiibos. Though now that I think about it, if MP10 logic is taken into account, then my logic crumbles apart. Although one can only hope that my former assumption holds true so Daisy isn't overshadowed by Majong tile in Mario Maker anymore.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The Red one could be Diddy Kong as it's position matches perfectly DK.

The purple one could Be Bowser Jr matching Bowser's or even Nabbit because it's purple

The green one ...i dont know

and the Yellow one could be LUMA since it's right next to Rosalina

those are my guesses.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess another way to figure the roster out is understanding how the character categories would be handled, such as with the example below.
All-Rounder | Quick | Power | Tricky | Defense
Mario | Peach | Donkey Kong | Rosalina | Waluigi
Luigi | Yoshi | Wario | Boo | Honey Queen
Daisy | Toad | Bowser
Bowser Jr. | Diddy Kong | Petey Piranha

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

I think that's Dry Bowser emblem... possible in the game?

and Daisy was moved to All-rounded ... not seeing that since Super Star Baseball .

Also you missed ''Technique''

Peach is basically the face of that play-style since forever in anything sporty like.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
The Red one could be Diddy Kong as it's position matches perfectly DK.

The purple one could Be Bowser Jr matching Bowser's or even Nabbit because it's purple

The green one ...i dont know

and the Yellow one could be LUMA since it's right next to Rosalina

those are my guesses.

Guessing Shy Guy, Koopa, Bowser Jr, and Diddy. Hoping for Petey and Larry. Praying for no Honey Queen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I think that's Dry Bowser emblem... possible in the game?

and Daisy was moved to All-rounded ... not seeing that since Super Star Baseball .

Also you missed ''Technique''

Peach is basically the face of that play-style since forever in anything sporty like.
There is a 16 character limit in this game though, but I guess alternatively, Luma and Dry Bowser would get in over Petey Piranha and Honey Queen, but that would potentially leave Waluigi as the only defense character if Dry Bowser isn't defense himself. But I guess that too can be resolved pretty easily...

Luigi | Yoshi | Wario | Boo | Dry Bowser
Daisy | Toad | Bowser | Luma
Bowser Jr. | Diddy Kong

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I guess another way to figure the roster out is understanding how the character categories would be handled, such as with the example below.
Luigi | Yoshi | Wario | Boo | Honey Queen
Daisy | Toad | Bowser
Bowser Jr. | Diddy Kong | Petey Piranha
Bowser Jr. has always been a Tricky character in Mario Tennis.
He's All-Round in Olympics though.

EDIT: And Dry Bowser was Defense in Mario Tennis Open.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How is there a 16 character limit?

Also I don't get where you guys think her's is like Peach's:

They all have unique outfits, and they have unique models too (though they had that in MK8 too and of course other games). If they did this with the Biker suits in the next Mario Kart it would be great.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well Daisy's MAIN outfit has always been the shorts while Peach uses the dress.

In fact it was Peach who got the ''palette swap'' for this outfit and not Daisy.

Rosalina's outfit is very similar to Peach , but details like her more floaty skirt count too , which is also a bit longer than Peach's.

Her Shoes however ... lol all of them bought them in the same Toad house :p

Expecting Nabbit coming next.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina's sport's outfit is literally just a sleevless version of her regular gown with a cosy pajama collar, and a shorter skirt and frills on the end, and the pantyhose. It isn't based off Peach's at all, it's based off her own normal outfit (which is totally different from all of Peach's outfits).

The only thing her outfit takes from Peach's is the shoes but it's not like sports shoes are all that varied IRL anyway.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ummm i don't think so.

They are indeed very similar , but not just a recolor.

The top part is almost the same. excluding the Brooch differences.

Still a very good outfit .

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser Jr. has always been a Tricky character in Mario Tennis.
He's All-Round in Olympics though.

EDIT: And Dry Bowser was Defense in Mario Tennis Open.
Things change, as Daisy was always a Technique character in the Mario Tennis titles until now. Peach and Bowser Jr. could easily meet that same fate themselves, based on the 16 character total, and even the confirmed character categories.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Things change, as Daisy was always a Technique character in the Mario Tennis titles until now. Peach and Bowser Jr. could easily meet that same fate themselves, based on the 16 character total, and even the confirmed character categories.
Again, where are you getting the 16 character total from?

Literally nothing has been said about a character limit, and the product page suggests that Rosalina is the first of a few newcomers.

Also this game will probably get DLC anyway.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Nintendo has been through a lot after Iwata's passing, and to be fair, Mario Tennis titles usually aren't known for having large rosters anyway.
???

Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Power Tennis have more than 16 characters

with Mario Tennis 64 having 20 , counting the gameboy ones

and Mario Power tennis having 18.

it's 2015 and this console can handle more, literally no excuse to have less characters ; MK8 while having a crappy roster , still has more than MKWii ...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Xenoblade Chronicles X right? Love that game.
I'm so hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles X! I'm getting the special edition when it comes out. I also noticed the first Xenoblade Chronicles has been dropping in price online likely due to the New 3DS version and apparent restocks of the Wii version. So I got the Wii version (it was the "world version" that's made for U.A.E., Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore). I tested it on my American Wii to make sure it's compatible and it is, so I tested it... for three hours. I kept trying to stop playing because I still have other games to beat and I wanted to start Xenoblade later, but even the beginning is just so immersive. So that's another game to add to my save for later pile.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
???

Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Power Tennis have more than 16 characters

with Mario Tennis 64 having 20 , counting the gameboy ones

and Mario Power tennis having 18.

it's 2015 and this console can handle more, literally no excuse to have less characters ; MK8 while having a crappy roster , still has more than MKWii ...
That's the problem. It'll be very ironic to see a newer Mario Tennis installment have less characters than even the oldest Mario Tennis installment, but it's important to keep in mind that some of the game's memory involves how massive the models are for the courts.

The reason for why Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze uses over 11 GB is because all of that game's levels are actual models, and when you consider the quality of the models, high quality models use even more memory than the lower quality models.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo has been through a lot after Iwata's passing, and to be fair, Mario Tennis titles usually aren't known for having large rosters anyway.
Maybe the roster might be a bit different...
I'm so hyped for Xenoblade Chronicles X! I'm getting the special edition when it comes out. I also noticed the first Xenoblade Chronicles has been dropping in price online likely due to the New 3DS version and apparent restocks of the Wii version. So I got the Wii version (it was the "world version" that's made for U.A.E., Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, and Singapore). I tested it on my American Wii to make sure it's compatible and it is, so I tested it... for three hours. I kept trying to stop playing because I still have other games to beat and I wanted to start Xenoblade later, but even the beginning is just so immersive. So that's another game to add to my save for later pile.
I'm still playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, so far I'm taking a hiatus on it. I hope I can get back and play it soon.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Forgot to say that yesterday at night , i was sketching for Rosalina

I guess my little , unintended , Black magic spell worked for her reveal today :seuss: hehehe /jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom